PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] wizkids h3 scarab unveiling

mistercheif
July 26th, 2007, 06:00 PM
WizKids Games is bringing a numbered-to-500 exclusive Battle Damaged Scarab to this week's San Diego Comic-Con. Each day, Wizkids will distribute tickets to interested consumers and then they'll draw tickets at the end of the day -- if your ticket is drawn, you've won the right to purchase the Scarab for $249.99. Because the Comic-Con Scarab is so huge (2 feet by 2 feet), folks who purchase it will receive a mini Scarab box and then the actual Scarab will be shipped directly to your house after Comic-Con (allow 4-6 weeks for shipping).

However, each day, one Scarab owner will get to take theirs home with them that day.

If you miss out on the Battle-Damaged Scarab, there will be a non-battle damaged one showing up at retail later this year. Here's three images of the WizKids Battle-Damaged Exclusive below.

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/WKscarab1.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/WKscarab2.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/WKscarab4.jpg

Stormwing
July 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
holy crap, $250.... :o

and damn, the h3 scarab is a like an evil, mutated, possessed bastard child of the H2 scarab. As in it could totally scare the shitgiggles out of me. no thanks, it would keep me up at night :(

itszutak
July 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
kick ass.

I always thought the H2 scarab was lacking in any sort of "cool" factor. <_<

Stormwing
July 26th, 2007, 07:15 PM
personally i don't really like the plain armor plating on top...kinda..boring.

but the old scarab was supposed to be for mining. this is clearly meant to be nothing more than a WMD :]

Con
July 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
New scarab looks like shit, even if it's a revamped mining machine. They could have done better than that...

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Agreed.

Also, only winning the right to purchase it for $249.99? So what if I win and don't want to pay that much for a piece of plastic?

thehoodedsmack
July 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Agreed.

Also, only winning the right to purchase it for $249.99? So what if I win and don't want to pay that much for a piece of plastic?

They only give tickets to very interested consumers. Read the first post.

IPBJT!
July 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Shit, now I want one.

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM
They only give tickets to very interested consumers. Read the first post.

I apparently did. Must've missed that part though.

As much as I hate Scarabs, I think the Halo 2 one looked better.

Skiiran
July 26th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Fucking YES. I've always thought that the original Scarab didn't have enough purple to be a tried-and -true Covie machine.

Warsaw
July 26th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Hey Skii, does this thing remind you of a Shadow?

Dole
July 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM
The H2 one was much better. This one doesn't even have the "Halo" look, it just looks like a recolored Scorpion Spider Slayer (from the Spiderman comics) with Scarab legs slapped on it.

Archon23
July 26th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I personally think it looks like an armored bug. Cmon Bungie can't you get something right for the final game?

Skiiran
July 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hey Skii, does this thing remind you of a Shadow?
I guess so. Must be why I love it, because I thought Shadows were awesome too.

EDIT:

I personally think it looks like an armored bug. Cmon Bungie can't you get something right for the final game?
It is called a Scarab. I would imagine the UNSC called it that for a reason.

Masterz1337
July 26th, 2007, 11:51 PM
It looks awsome.

et_cg
July 27th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Hotness.

The reason for new artist implementation is so that Bungie can better aquire what they invisioned things in the Halo Canon to look like.

Hence this awesomesauce of a scarab.

Phopojijo
July 27th, 2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.smashmyxbox.com/

Who wants bets that they'll stuff the ballot? o.o Anyone?

legionaire45
July 27th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Once again, I'm calling into question the ability of both Covenant and the UNSC to shit out completely redesigned vehicles in a matter of days. Why can't Bungie just refine the old H2 vehicles? Give them a Next-Gen facelift? If they are trying to make the vehicles look more interesting they really have failed on that front, it looks like they got a 4 legged platform and threw a Tripod from The War or the Worlds on top.

Kornman00
July 27th, 2007, 01:09 AM
You're basing the armourments of both forces on only a couple days of experience in their universe. You can't expect to see everything ;)

Like someone said, the one before was used for mining, this one is for handing you your ass after you soiled yourself :downs:

Warsaw
July 27th, 2007, 01:12 AM
And that explains why its beam is only 2/3 as beefy as its mining counterpart?

Archon23
July 27th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Quite possibly its either to make the beam last for longer distances or possibly they just didn't need that type of power when dealing with us. I mean I bet some rocks are harder than the alloys the UNSC use so why use a cannon meant for going through extremely hard rock and waste power/resources when you could have a toned down beam with the same destructive effects?

Edit: Just came to me but it could be a more concentrated beam. Who knows. Or the most likely answer: Its just cosmetic.

TeeKup
July 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM
The only thing I hate is that stupid turret on the back and the huge hump it has. Otherwise it looks beast.

Hotrod
July 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I wish I had one of these, I wonder if they'll sell them after the event. If not, I think the smaller one would be cool as well.

EDIT : Nevermind, I'd prefer the non-battle battle damaged one that's coming out.

PlasbianX
July 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Reminds me more of a scorpion than a scarab

n00b1n8R
July 30th, 2007, 10:06 PM
this scarab isn't as cool as the h2 scarab imo :(

also, what plas said.

Hotrod
July 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM
this scarab isn't as cool as the h2 scarab imo

I find the Halo 2 Scarab didn't look like a Covenant vehicle...

Skiiran
July 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I find the Halo 2 Scarab didn't look like a Covenant vehicle...
Quoted for Truth.

Flyboy
July 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Halo 2 scarab, phht, fucking pansy.

But the original scarab did feel more "Halo-ish." This one looks like some crap the art designers threw together in order to meet deadlines.

MithosK
July 31st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Both scarabs look awesome, my question is, is this a new variant of the scarab, or a re-imaging? Is this what the h2 scarab was meant to look like?

Bastinka
July 31st, 2007, 08:28 PM
This one looks really odd and looks like it belongs in some other game, I really dislike it. The halo 2 scarab was OK but didn't really have a 'covenant' feel to it.

Thumbs down to both scarabs. :(

Apoc4lypse
August 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM
holy crap, $250.... :o

and damn, the h3 scarab is a like an evil, mutated, possessed bastard child of the H2 scarab. As in it could totally scare the shitgiggles out of me. no thanks, it would keep me up at night :(

lol, I think the halo 2 scarab looked like a weak metal spider, this thing looks deadly, Halo 3 scarab ftw :cool:

*sigh*

everyone has somthing to criticize I guess, tbh I think the new scarab is win over the old one.. at least when I compare it to the covie styles across all 3 games. (been playing halo since the first one came out).

Halo 2 drasticaly changed styles from halo 1, in some cases they went a little far but most of everything looked amazing to everyone though, my guess is halo 3 is kind of bridgeing the gap between the 2, as in trying to tone things down where they went to far in halo 2. I personally am expecting to see style changes that follow this, and the trailer proves some of this with the new human shields based off the halo 1 style and other various things they brought back from halo 1. Tbh the new scarab looks like a cross between how a halo 1 scarab would theoreticaly look (darker, less silver and sparkle sparkle) and the halo 2 scarab with the sparkle and silver.

Darkness
August 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm thinking this is the brute version now that the elites have left the cov. Besides doesnt that armor plating look like the brute's armor plating?

Dole
August 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
The Halo 2 Scarab looked utilitarian, which was a good thing. Meanwhile the H3 Scarab looks like it was embellished way too much for its own good.