PDA

View Full Version : Forerunner textures?

TPE
July 27th, 2007, 02:52 AM
are there any good tutorials on making forerunner textures? I'm just messing around with some stuff in CE mapping to see what my + is. (not modeling rofl)

here is the first texture i made http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/TPE_NS/meh.jpg

DaneO'Roo
July 27th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Pretty much depends on what forerunner style your going for. Alot of it is angular, with the same angles into each other, like 90 degree lines with 45 degree offshoots that connect with other lines and stuff, but all contain the same angles. The curvy more symbolic stuff is alot harder.

Halo 1 forerunner standard stuff is alot like the background of my sig.
Halo 2 introduced the more "ancient forerunner" which is best seen in the level Delta halo and the map Sanctuary. It's more curved and isn't as intricate, and there is more colour variety, like purples and greens.
Halo 3 seems to have changed yet again, and it seems to be more recent or modern than the halo 1 style. There are more curves, and infact actual circles and joining circles, with inner rings compounded with the same angular forerunner style. I'm interested as to why that is.

TeeKup
July 31st, 2007, 11:49 AM
perhaps it's simply a different generation of architecture? I mean, here on earth we have hundreds of different styles.

Thats what my guess is. The Halo's weren't built in a day. I'm guessing the architecture style differs because of the different generations of forerunners that built the rings. To date Delta Halo seems to be the oldest by its stone like architecture. Not to mention that it contains the gravemind, Delta Halo may have been the first so they could contain the gravemind as quickly as possible, while Alpha Halo was more of a newer generation because the materials were more metalic.