PDA

View Full Version : .jms exporter for 3ds max

Kibito87
July 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I keep getting an error when I try to export my model into .jms format. The error is:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3912/untitledyl8.png

I have no idea how to fix this and my .dle Blitzkrieg file isn't working.
I am using 3ds Max 9 BTW!

Masterz1337
July 28th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Moving this to CE general.

Jay2645
July 28th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I keep getting an error when I try to export my model into .jms format. The error is:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3912/untitledyl8.png

I have no idea how to fix this and my .dle Blitzkrieg file isn't working.
I am using 3ds Max 9 BTW!
Blitzkrieg doesn't work for Max 9. Use Bluestreak.

Kibito87
July 28th, 2007, 01:42 AM
That's the error I get when using BlueStreak. I've found that Blitz won't work with MAX 9. 3ds gets hung up when i'm trying to run the .jms exporter script. The first picture posted comes before this one.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8649/untitleddv8.png

Bastinka
July 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM
You didn't name something or you have an unnamed material or something, make sure the textures are all named like their shaders. Also, make sure every face has a texture applied to it.

Kibito87
July 28th, 2007, 02:16 AM
hhmmm, well I just downloaded the model from Halomaps.org. I don't know much about using 3ds max. I'm beginning. I wanted to use this model to start with. All I got was a preview picture and the model file itself. I thought it took textures from my HaloCE directory. The model looks great in 3ds. Is it possible to bypass this somehow? As in, just ignore it or tell it to ignore the unamed texture? Or maybe...lol somebody could fix the texture/shader problem for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Chizzle110
July 28th, 2007, 10:25 PM
hey i get this error too

Roostervier
July 28th, 2007, 10:29 PM
We already told you two how to fix it. Make sure all non-frame objects have a material applied to them and make sure that material has a name.

Kibito87
July 29th, 2007, 05:40 PM
We already told you two how to fix it. Make sure all non-frame objects have a material applied to them and make sure that material has a name.

On the contrary, you didn't tell me anything. Those people did give insight on how to fix it. Now if you read my latest post, I stated that i'm new to using the program and modeling in general. How do you expect me to know exactly what he's saying? I don't know how to make sure my materials have names. And I don't know how to apply a material to a specific piece of the object. If you wouldn't mind telling me how or showing me, i'd appreciate it. Even in a PM it would help.

That or if somebody (like I said earlier) wouldn't mind doing this for me. I would highly appreciate it.

t3h m00kz
August 9th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Create a multimaterial by hitting M, selecting the "Standard" button on the top right and selecting "Multimaterial"
A list will populate of sub-materials or whatever. delete all except for one (or two if you're using two bitmaps for the texture)
Set the shader/bitmap/whatever you want to use to the first sub-material
Select the object(s) you want the material you're going to be referencing (you'll have to name the sub-material the exact name of the shader tag you want applied to it)
Drag the material to the object
Go into Edit Poly/Mesh/Whatever
Select all faces
Set "Material ID" on all faces to 1.

I'm not big on materials, but I find that this basically works. Should get you past the error you're getting

FRain
August 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hey mookz. L2 read post date

English Mobster
August 15th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Mook:
This thread is 2 years old. It's so old, USERS WHICH HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR 1+ YEARS HAVE POSTED IN IT.