PDA

View Full Version : Question about scenery

Tarzan
July 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ok... so I made a scenery object, and I want it to move when naded, rocketed, meleed, etc.. I know you have to make it into a vehicle, but I can't seem to get around the exceptions that keep popping up. I had someone make an animation graph for it, and I added a seat to it, but still got this:

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid animation_graph_unit_seat_block index in [#0,#0)

Anyway, Kirby said something about importing the nodes and markers from a model that has an animation graph already, but that doesn't seem to work either. I dunno how to export it properly with all those markers and stuff in there. So... if anyone knows how to do this and could make a mini-tut or xfire me about it, I'd be very grateful... My xfire is mbawraith. Thanks!

Bastinka
July 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I think I know what you did wrong, you go into .vehicle and place the collision, model and physics. I usually leave the animation part blank because it needs none. As long as you have physics it will react when something hits it, well you have to do the physics right of course :)

Tarzan
July 28th, 2007, 05:56 PM
...well you have to do the physics right of course :)

Um... any suggestions? When I do that, it gives me the "OUT OF OBJECTS: cannot create <object>" error in sapien. I think it has something to do with tool not making any mass points when I make the physics... how would I go about getting proper physics made then?

Ki11a_FTW
July 28th, 2007, 06:00 PM
All vehicles need an animation tag. Or it will not spawn. Just import a ghost into max, then delete the model and put yours in it. Compile, add it in the tag, enjoy your tag in sapien.

Tarzan
July 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM
'k... I tried that. Which frame to you link the model to? I just imported the nodes, so I didn't have the model... and I think I need to rename one of the frames that's already there?

Jay2645
July 28th, 2007, 06:34 PM
No, there should be one named "Frame" or "Frame_Hull" or something to that effect. That's the one.

adumass
July 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Before you go and do what everyone else told you do to, in the animation tag for the vehicle at the top where it says units make sure it has stand in the drop down thing.http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4204/helpzj1.jpg

kenney001
July 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I pmed you back at halomaps.org. Check it.

For the animations, just export your unanimated scene as whatever, and compile it in tool. That way the node counts line up. Use it as your animations, and follow my Physics mini-tut for the physics.

Tarzan
July 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM
'k... I made an animation graph using the HAX exporter with Max 9. (yes, I read that PM kenney). Anyway, I get this when I try to put it into Sapien:

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid animation_graph_unit_seat_block index in [#0,#0)

And that's the same thing I was getting before. How do I fix that? I assume it has something to do with the vehicle not having a seat. However... I don't have any markers like #driver on the model that I could designate a seat. And I also thought it was unusual that I got this in tool:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool animations scenery\container

Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### container.jma

model animation compression saved 0 bytes

Shouldn't that be more than 0 bytes? Even if it is just a container that sits there and doesn't move? Also... I'm confused as to what to do with the mass points. Kenney's small article on that a while back wasn't too clear about what to do with the rest of the fields in the mass points area....

adumass
July 29th, 2007, 12:00 AM
That has nothing to do with if the vehicle has seats or not, a vehicle does not need even 1 seat. Just do what I said in my other post. I had this problem recently.

Tarzan
July 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I gave it that stand thing, and lookee what I got:

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid animation_graph_unit_seat_block index in [#0,#1)

adumass
July 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I gave it that stand thing, and lookee what I got:

EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\tag_files\tag_groups.c,#3157 : #-1 is not a valid animation_graph_unit_seat_block index in [#0,#1)
Did you set up the rest of the animation tag? Look at The ghosts tagging a custom turret tutorial or look at another vehicle and set it up similarly. You should try looking at one of those destructible warthogs. They have vehicle parts that fall off that are probably similar to your vehicle.

Tarzan
July 29th, 2007, 03:04 PM
After setting the animation tag up like a ghost's animation tag:

I swear this has something to do with it not having any nodes or markers and therefore no seat.

adumass
July 29th, 2007, 06:28 PM
A vehicle does not need a seat I have a few vehicles that don't have seats or markers just one node, the frame for the vehicle. Maybe you could send me or someone else the animation tag to check it out?

Tarzan
July 30th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Sure - get on xfire and IM me - mbawraith. I'll send all the tags I have of it...