PDA

View Full Version : Best vista drivers for the NVidia Go 7600?

jahrain
July 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
There is quite a few different versions of the drivers available, but they all mostly seem to suck. I have been fighting with this since the day I upgraded to vista, hoping that one day a descent driver will be released for this card. Today, I checked the nvidia website for the latest drivers for the 7 series cards, and I was shocked to see that the newest version (162.22) does not support my card :(... I have been using forceware version 158.24 version for some time now and it has been working fine, but still has issues such as no force vsync for Direct3d games or no powermizer and still craptackular game peformance and high temps. The 2 other options I found for my card was the extremely outdated vista beta drivers from the support site for my laptop, and the 101.28 version available on open drivers. Is anyone else using this same card and have any recommendations for any good drivers or whats the best one available? I just at least want one that will allow me to force vsync for h2v because it is unplayable without it.

InnerGoat
July 30th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Go get a modded .inf and install whatever driver your heart desires. :eyesroll:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8128

jahrain
July 31st, 2007, 07:16 AM
Modded? Is it safe, reliable, and won't kill my GPU?

InnerGoat
July 31st, 2007, 02:47 PM
u read link y/n

:eyesroll:

jahrain
July 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah I read the link. I tried a few drivers off that site, managed to find one version that manages to give me a moderate, yet still mediocre fps. I still can't find a version with a working force vsync, or with powermizer options...

Amit
July 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Keep looking.....that's all you can do.

jahrain
July 31st, 2007, 09:07 PM
So no one has any suggestions of whats the best ones?