PDA

View Full Version : Biped permutations

ICEE
July 31st, 2007, 09:53 PM
i know it is possible to make it so that a player will spawn as a random biped, the CMT did it, but how? also, is it possible to do this when the two possible bipeds have totally different third person animations? for a halo 2 MP level id like to make it so you will randomly spawn as either a spartan or an elite (an elite compatible with all the weapons in the map). also, can the two bipeds have different FP arms? anyone who can help with this will be obliged.

Jay2645
August 1st, 2007, 03:17 AM
1. I believe someone explained it on the Halomaps forums, and I'm too lazy to dig up a link.
2. No.
3. No.
4. You're welcome.

Kalub
August 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM
jay, is correct. in order to have a biped permutation, it must have the same regions, and bone structure as its other models. It must also follow the same animations.

For example, the marine. It uses the same animations for each model, only shader changes to give personality to each one; to an extent. Same thing with an elite or grunt.

Sorry to hurt your hopes, but you can never have one team spawn as a certain biped. You may only use one mp biped and the only thing that can separate the difference between teams is the color changing properties in the Multipurpose map. Although, if you don't mind random bipeds, you could make it so each player had a chance to spawn as different models and in order to differentiate between teams you could still have the color changing in the multipurpose map.

Hope This Helps, and if you have any more questions please ask. :)

Edit: (Im not sure about the FP arms models, sorry)

Ki11a_FTW
August 1st, 2007, 11:15 AM
You could re rig an elite biped with the MC's rig setup , and export it as a permunition, but then it will have the same anims as MC, and it will probably look stupid

Dole
August 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hurt your hopes, but you can never have one team spawn as a certain biped. You may only use one mp biped and the only thing that can separate the difference between teams is the color changing properties in the Multipurpose map. Although, if you don't mind random bipeds, you could make it so each player had a chance to spawn as different models and in order to differentiate between teams you could still have the color changing in the multipurpose map.
Ambush has team-specific bipeds (same bones, rig, and animations, etc.) scripted in by rec0.

SnaFuBAR
August 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
it's scripted by Random, not rec0...

ShadowSpartan
August 1st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Ambush has team-specific bipeds (same bones, rig, and animations, etc.) scripted in by rec0.
I don't think random has worked all the bugs out of the script yet.

Dole
August 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM
it's scripted by Random, not rec0...
Didn't rec0 do it first?

CtrlAltDestroy
August 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM
It was never done in the first place...

ICEE
August 1st, 2007, 09:45 PM
guys i never asked to make spartans vs elites, variety on both teams is fine. also i already have a fully rigged elite biped

Masterz1337
August 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
FP doesn't allow permuations.

Lightning
August 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Well, it does, but it won't match with the Thirdperson model.