PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Real EGM Scans

leorimolo
August 2nd, 2007, 02:19 AM
I took the liberty to DL an online magazine viewing program and then print them using an jpeg printer....

Well anyways here is the link for the scans
http://rapidshare.com/files/46473529/EGM_REAL_SCANS.rar.html

Reaper Man
August 2nd, 2007, 02:50 AM
Awesome scans.

Archon23
August 2nd, 2007, 03:31 AM
Just finished reading it. :awesome:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/70/lolzmb5.png

Kornman00
August 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
damn, 41 megs compressed :o

can't wait for it to finish, thanks

leorimolo
August 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Very cool things that I found in this mag
1. The elephant is by far the coolest idea, your base moves around the map and your flag base is inside the elephant and your people respawn in it.
2. The idea of using forge as an RTS by picking stuff up and dropping them on people
3. The graphics are :awesome:

Kornman00
August 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
There is an error, page 65 section "The Flood"

"who was last seen making unfriendly overtures toward cortana in the depths of the starship In Amber Clad". No, it was in High Charity. And it kinda just hit me that cortana claims to be our shield and our sword when her name is very close to Katana :-3

Terin
August 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
And Curtana is a sword, too. Just like Durandal. Damn sword AIs.

Neuro Guro
August 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
dling sauce now*

Dole
August 2nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
And it kinda just hit me that cortana claims to be our shield and our sword when her name is very close to Katana :-3
Cortana (or more precisely, "Curtana", the latinization of "Curtaine") is a sword from early French and Danish mythology. It's name is derived from the latin word "curta" (which means "short," thus the English words "curt" and "curtailed"). It is the sister sword of Durendal (sometimes referred to as Durandal), the sword of Roland, and the sword of Charlemagne, Joyeuse.
Each has its own mythology and history, with plenty of information on Wikipedia.

Edit: Damn, Terin beat me to it. >_<

Neuro Guro
August 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
haha, look on page 79, on the back of the elite, theres the pirate decal on his back.

et_cg
August 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
haha, look on page 79, on the back of the elite, theres the pirate decal on his back.

That's the icon that that one user made.

Neuro Guro
August 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
That's the icon that that one user made.

Yeah I know, but its the first time i've seen it on a biped ingame :p

TIA Gangsta
August 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for this!

Although there was a spoiler straight away in the first page (about what the Ark), so I didn't read any of the Campaign pages after that - although I did look at the pics, which were totally awesome!
Read the multiplayer though, and it's sounding awesome.

Even through the grainy pictures, you can still tell the graphics are absolutely amazing, and even through looking at pictures, you can tell the gameplay is a complete blast.

Arteen
August 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
The only thing better than scans is the actual magazine, you freeloaders! :mad:

I still haven't read the whole Halo 3 article yet. When I got it I went straight for the Metroid preview. :D

TIA Gangsta
August 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Free loaders?
I'm in the UK, so I can't get the actual magazine.

Rob Oplawar
August 2nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Elephant, :O

dammit, so much for not spoiling big surprises for myself. Imagine how that would have been the first time in game, not expecting to see that...

but I just can't help myself. So far I've managed to avoid it, but I just know that somewhere in the next 53 days I'm going to spoil the campaign for myself. And I tried the living under a rock thing, but we all see how well that worked- I'm back after only like 3 days. I just can't help myself D'X

jngrow
August 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
personally, as i read your posts, I think this issue is going to reveal too mcuh for me. I am torn.

Kornman00
August 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Free loaders?
I'm in the UK, so I can't get the actual magazine.
Oh yeah?! Well I'm in Germany, thats my excuse :-3

TIA Gangsta
August 3rd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Oh yeah?! Well I'm in Germany, thats my excuse :-3

I bet Call of Duty 3 doesn't sell well over there.

Elite Killa
August 3rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
I bet Call of Duty 3 doesn't sell well over there.
lol

Nice scans. I can finally read the text clearly now.

DaneO'Roo
August 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Bases that constantly move?

Fucking WIN much?

Archon23
August 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I would so love to navigate an elephant to the side of the other teams so my teammates can jump out of ours and into theirs and start raiding their base.

beele
August 6th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Downloading now, can't wait to see whats in it.