PDA

View Full Version : My first "Real" Map. Shut Down

kid
August 3rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3085

I made it in a day or so. But i think it came out good for me.

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Pretty good for a first map!

Keep working on it, although city maps don't really play that nicely in Halo. Good job nonetheless!

kid
August 3rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
wat i meant by first was - non box.

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM
It looks like a box map, but if you can prove otherwise then whatever.

kid
August 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM
It looks like a box map, but if you can prove otherwise then whatever.
jesus nvm

TPE
August 3rd, 2007, 04:35 AM
It looks like a box map, but if you can prove otherwise then whatever.Don't tell him :ssh:

But I will give it a 6/10. Too small looking.

Con
August 3rd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Palthough city maps don't really play that nicely in Halo
what.

1 New weapon made by me, teh kid which is the Silenced Smg.
you didn't make the silenced smg...

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Map supports CTF and Slayer.

1 New weapon made by me, teh kid which is the Silenced Smg.

I want to thank everyone who helped me with this map

Illegalcheatsman
Jay
xXbigdaddyX
And many many more.
You did not make the SMG, and it's not 'new'. CMT already has a silenced SMG.

Wow, if those are the credits then it's either:

A) Ripped without Permission.
or...
B) Ripped without Permission.

Try again, kthxbi.
:fail:

Halo2Vista
August 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
good job but most people like wide huge maps with lots of room to snipe and hit people in the back and blow them to pieces with RL or grenades, but good job none the less.

6.5/10

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
good job but most people like wide huge maps with lots of room to snipe and hit people in the back and blow them to pieces with RL or grenades, but good job none the less.

6.5/10
Thats a fact.

:fail:

kid
August 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
HOW DARE YOU SAY I DIDNT MAKE IT! I HAD NO CLUE CMT MADE IT AND DONT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT RIPPING PROTECTED MAPS!!!! I MADE THE MODEL, AND I EXPORTED IT, AND WITH MY OWN CUSTOM SOUNDS. I MADE THAT YOU SONS OF BITCHES I MADE IT. !

ICEE
August 3rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
he did make it. i believe it is ripped from extinction and changed to be silenced. unless that smg is cmts, kids isnt

Bastinka
August 3rd, 2007, 11:42 PM
HOW DARE YOU SAY I DIDNT MAKE IT! I HAD NO CLUE CMT MADE IT AND DONT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT RIPPING PROTECTED MAPS!!!! I MADE THE MODEL, AND I EXPORTED IT, AND WITH MY OWN CUSTOM SOUNDS. I MADE THAT YOU SONS OF BITCHES I MADE IT. !

Take a chill pill, you couldv'e proved me otherwise you know. :rolleyes:
:ninja:
LMAO, I just -repped you and all of the sudden your bar turned gray , limited -repped you and now your red haha!

Zeph
August 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Impressive for a first map. And everyone calm down. No reason to have a witch hunt and burning in the boards.

Mass
August 3rd, 2007, 11:53 PM
my post got zapped?:( may I inquire into my wrong-doing?

Arteen
August 4th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Could you show us the wireframe of the smg and give us the polycount on it?

he did make it. i believe it is ripped from extinction and changed to be silenced.
If it's ripped from Extinction, then he still didn't make it. I haven't played this map yet, so I don't know if it's ripped or actually self-made.

kid
August 4th, 2007, 01:18 AM
ok i hopnestly didt know wat map it was from. I ripped exctinction for hte vehicles, found this tag and used it. Sorry ok

Sel
August 5th, 2007, 08:02 AM
ok i hopnestly didt know wat map it was from. I ripped exctinction for hte vehicles, found this tag and used it. Sorry ok

Lol, yet another epic thread.

DaneO'Roo
August 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Why do all the people involved with Cheatsman turn out retarded?

I swear, hes a fucking bad influence.

Masterz1337
August 5th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Here we go again.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
me retarded? Not my fault you guys accuse people

Con
August 5th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, you. We're not the ones stealing other people's work and taking all the credit for it.

edit: nice user title, "People are drones for cmt"
Guess you've got us all figured out huh? Not.

Sel
August 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Twas the other way around, theyre our drones, since they make us nice maps, unlike that shit you just handed out. 3/10

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 11:01 AM

We made factual statements about the origin of the silenced SMG in your map. The base geometry and skin are ripped from Halo 2, (poorly, I may add,) and thus you did NOT make the model. Adding a cylinder to the end to make it silenced does not count. Tagging does not count. You stole the model from Halo 2 and claimed it as your own. At least have the decency to give due credit. Not doing so makes you look like a complete fucking retard.

Also, I don't understand why you brought CMT into this. We seem to be the cause of all the community's problems now. Yes, we are coldhearted bastards, not releasing content that WE worked hard on to people who will only make it look bad.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 11:04 AM
LMAO. its hard to give credit when you dont know where the smg is from

Skyline
August 5th, 2007, 11:19 AM
There's a simple solution. Don't use it.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Nah Ill pass. This site sucks so bad. Its all fight fight fight. Plus halomaps.org fucking pwns this shit hole

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Nah Ill pass. This site sucks so bad. Its all fight fight fight. Plus halomaps.org fucking pwns this shit hole

Why? Because the majority of people there are ignorant enough to put up with bullcrap like claiming other people's work as your own?

Not a man of the people, just a product of evil. Greed Power and God, the combination is lethal - cmt.
Wow. If your pathetic intelligence can comprehend metaphors, I've got one. Bill Gates won't give his money to a dogfighting ring. They won't use it for anything productive. He will, and does, however, give money to organizations trying to eliminate Malaria in Africa. They will do good things with the money. It's the same deal with our content. We will not give it away to people who will put it in half-thought-out maps. We DO give our content to mapmakers who have proved themselves.

I don't even have an idea where power and god are coming from there.

Con
August 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
How do people like Kid get to that state? Seriously, what a screwed up little mind he has. His parents must be alcoholics or something :confused2: (FASD anyone?)

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 12:26 PM
no it's just your fault that you're a fucking retard :downs:

kid
August 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
NOOOOO! But i do have a blue pair of roller skates, that I once named henry....

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
isn't that special.

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
also, your smashed up vehicles are ripped from h2. no credit again, and you surely knew where those were from.

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 12:39 PM
NOOOOO! But i do have a blue pair of roller skates, that I once named henry....

Trying to weasel out of the arguments at hand? You still haven't provided a valid explanation for why you said that the SMG was all your work, as well as your lack of credit for the vehicles that snaf so awesomely pointed out.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
LOL. NO ONE lISTENS TO ME! I told u i was sorry and that i should have given credit for the smg. For the scenery, my friend over at halomaps.org xxbigdaddyxx (close enough) he gave me that scenery, and that is no lie. But wait.....U guys get mad at me yet.... cmt rips a fucking level and all that to make coagulation

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 12:53 PM
LOL. NO ONE lISTENS TO ME! I told u i was sorry and that i should have given credit for the smg. For the scenery, my friend over at halomaps.org xxbigdaddyxx (close enough) he gave me that scenery, and that is no lie. But wait.....U guys get mad at me yet.... cmt rips a fucking level and all that to make coagulation

Wait, so if you don't know who made soemthing, you say that it was all you? That won't get you far in life.

Also, regarding your CMT remark. That was two years ago, when ripping was more accepted. Also, the team didn't say that they made it. They totally aknowledged that Bungie made the content. Also, there were a fair amount of people who didn't like CMT's ripping, even then.

Sel
August 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
How do people like Kid get to that state? Seriously, what a screwed up little mind he has. His parents must be alcoholics or something :confused2: (FASD anyone?)

I think his parents were related, like before they were married.

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM
or his mother is his sister.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
lol, my dad is a doctor. Best one prolly in the whole area that we live, and even better than that. Farthest thing from alchohalic

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
so then you have a good example to follow. what happened to you? :raise:

kid
August 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please lock this

Archon23
August 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
He spent some time in the halomaps community thats what.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM
wats so bad about halomaps

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
wats so bad about halomaps

Behavior like yours now is tolerated. Actions like yours now are tolerated. Here, we make people good or make them leave. At the Halomaps forums, there isn't as much of the harsh but valuable criticism that there is here. We tell people when they do something wrong, and force them to learn from mistakes and ultimately become better.

LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please lock this

Again, you choose to evade the argument at hand. You will be looked upon in a nicer light here (though you have effectively thrown that chance away) if you at the very least, act mature.

Also, thread tools > lock.

kid
August 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Im gonna give credit next time. U guys just freak too easily

SnaFuBAR
August 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
no, it's not that you just didn't give credit, it's that you claimed it as your own knowing full well that you did not. fucking child.

teh lag
August 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM

Good. You have learned from your mistake. Or, at least I hope so. However, claiming it as your own has left a scar on your reputation of the kind that never heals easily in the community.

Sel
August 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Correction, you freak too easily, if you want to get eaten by the CMT vultures, sure blow your top, but their advice can be really valuable.

As for halomaps, its a perfect place to begin learning mapping, but dont expect to hit the big leagues there.

Zeph
August 5th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Dont unlock this.