PDA

View Full Version : Yoyorast Island V2: Not Dead but not now.

yoyorast
August 3rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
EDIT : New Pics on the 5th page!

Ok guys, as you may have noted the ground didn't shake these past days, this is because the bomb was not ready to be droped this time.. Ye despite all my efforts and all the work of my team, we couldn't make it in time.. but the porject is very very near to the end now.. There's still some clipping problems (I tried my best to reduce the poly number but still have some ideas to pull it down) , CtrlAltDestroy have his scripts 99% done, D4NO jut have to finish texturing the new custom hog version + one or 2 textures, TheGhost worked like Hell fixing errors in max and make builds and more builds from the modified models I kept to send him, and now the model is perfect to me (then we'll see when betatest comes if there still have some changes to be made), Baturkin still will have to put the new custom hog ingame... and thks D4NO (who's in contact with Madworkz) there are now great chances to have the Madworkz H3 Mongoose in V2.. Please D4NO, keep trying your best to obtain it, now that Madworkz has accepted again, V2 can't be out without it! Thanks MAdworkz :leet:
For now, I'm leaving to Thailand with my girlfriend (she says hello to everybody :p ) and I'm back in 15 to 18 days (so is TheGhost I guess.. hmm wait, he is not leaving with us lol..)
I just want to ask CtrlAltDestroy, D4NO, TheGhost (the list on your email ghost) to finish what they have in their hands so we can implement and test all the stuff as soon as I'm coming back so keep it up guys and be prepared to become living legends :lol: come on, I'm joking.. Anyway Thanks so much to All of you!
And you guys waiting for V2 for ages, we're now one month close to the end, hold on and be prepared to be BLOWN again!
and to keep everybody frustrated til the end, here is a little pic showing almost nothing and with the lowest radiosity.. enjoy!
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/3613/haloce2007080311470123hw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot at 2007-08-03 Beachbase and Panic room..

Reaper Man
August 3rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
The beach seems somewhat plain... Add some rocks... Also, are you be making your lightmaps with mental ray? Please do. Like I said previously, it would add much more realistic shadows. I also think that the textures for the ramp are kinda plain too. f it's not too much of a pain, maybe add some sort of bump map?

yoyorast
August 3rd, 2007, 05:52 AM
The beach seems somewhat plain... Add some rocks... Also, are you be making your lightmaps with mental ray? Please do. Like I said previously, it would add much more realistic shadows. I also think that the textures for the ramp are kinda plain too. f it's not too much of a pain, maybe add some sort of bump map?

Thanks for the remarks, rocks are plained, trees also if it doesn't slow down the game.. and about the radiosity, I talked to ghost about it, he didn't seemed convinced.. I'm going to the playa ciao guys..

Reaper Man
August 3rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the remarks, rocks are plained, trees also if it doesn't slow down the game.. and about the radiosity, I talked to ghost about it, he didn't seemed convinced.. I'm going to the playa ciao guys..
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2920&page=2
Look at the comparisons. Plus it takes about 1/10th of the time.
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8853/sapien2007060101334853ns6.jpg
Shadows cast by the base.

10 mins, for 2048 x 2048 maps on my machine.
C'mon, you know it'll be worth it. :gonk:

Dole
August 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
be prepared to be BLOWN again!
I gotta tell ya, I'm a little uncomfortable with that.

LlamaMaster
August 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
Reaper, I thought that was only for h2v. You meen it works in CE too? Those shadows are kick ass...

Vitamin Polsvoice
August 3rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
I love the original Yoyorast Island...please tell me that the musical sniping tower will still be in V2...it isn't Yoyorast Island without it...

Also, you could do something with those underwater trenches that were in the first one. Then again, what position am I in to give advice, I've never been involved in mapmaking before.

Anyway...good luck, I look forward to playing it.

LlamaMaster
August 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
I love the original Yoyorast Island...please tell me that the musical sniping tower will still be in V2...it isn't Yoyorast Island without it...

Also, you could do something with those underwater trenches that were in the first one. Then again, what position am I in to give advice, I've never been involved in mapmaking before.

Anyway...good luck, I look forward to playing it.
Those trenches were vital to gameplay. Without the trenches, people could skip a major portion of the map.

Jay2645
August 3rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Looks pretty good, needs to be a higher radiosity for it to really look nice. Add some palm trees to the beach (2 or 3 will suffice). It's a shame I couldn't do anything to help out with the map, but I'm glad you got a better ATV for V2. If there is ever a V3 (From the sound of things, there probably won't, but I can't see the future) let me know, so I can model a nice ATV or something for ya.

STLRamsFan
August 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hey Yoyorast if you need any videos just say so. I'll be more than happy to help out.

Limited
August 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Yoyorast if you need any videos just say so. I'll be more than happy to help out.Whaaaaaaaaat? Dont believe this dude yoyo, he has 39 posts so he must be a noob :O

Shame its not out, but I'd rather it not be rushed.

I hope its out before mid september

Cortexian
August 3rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Whaaaaaaaaat? Dont believe this dude yoyo, he has 39 posts so he must be a noob :O
I hope so very much that your ":O" is there to signify sarcasm. If not, die now, in a very deep hole.

Limited
August 3rd, 2007, 10:41 PM
I hope so very much that your ":O" is there to signify sarcasm. If not, die now, in a very deep hole.
Yeah, I'm rams lover...but yeah kyles cool :)

Jay2645
August 4th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure Yoyo will let him do a video. If I recall, this was in the secret room:
St. Louis Rams SUCK!

Mass
August 4th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that was a joke, jay.........

STLRamsFan
August 4th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Haha TheGhost added that as a little gift for me. ;)

I was actually one of the first testers ever for Yoyorast 1 (Crimson was the other). Good times good times...

And what a funny guy you are Limited haha. Hard to belive I've been in contact with you for years. We met through Yoyorast and are good friends. So we're cool. And incase anyone's wondering, Kyle is my real name.

Bastinka
August 4th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Wish I was one of the STLRamsFan Lovers D:
:downs:

Jay2645
August 4th, 2007, 03:07 AM
I was just joking around, too.

Offspring
August 4th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yoyo, if you need more help with getting the hog ingame, or anything else, just PM me.

Rosco
August 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Haha TheGhost added that as a little gift for me. ;)

I was actually one of the first testers ever for Yoyorast 1 (Crimson was the other). Good times good times...

And what a funny guy you are Limited haha. Hard to belive I've been in contact with you for years. We met through Yoyorast and are good friends. So we're cool. And incase anyone's wondering, Kyle is my real name.

, but I'm quite sexier :embarrassed:
The HIV server app nevar lies rams

Cant wait yoyorast, glad you got back into contact with madworkz. :)

El Lobo
August 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM
guys, im el lobo, happy to be here. sup yoyo :)

:lobo:

Bastinka
August 5th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Its the legendary lobo! :awesome:

El Lobo
August 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Its the legendary lobo! :awesome:how do u kno who i am

Yoyo promised me a beta like two years ago, still waiting. ;)

Limited
August 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah I dont think theres a testing beta of yoyo2, althought the makers test it, I think they are worried about a leak. I think it was more important to test it last time than this time, this time its a modified one, so some of it is the same and yoyo knows what goes and what doesnt :)

AAA
August 6th, 2007, 12:42 AM
there's going to be some beta, yoyo ows THS atleast ;)

We don't owe anything to him, he's brought years of fun playtime on his original map. and we already gave him satisfaction by playing on it and loving it. I believe we've all been paid equally at this point

Rosco
August 6th, 2007, 05:52 AM
how do u kno who i am

Yoyo promised me a beta like two years ago, still waiting. ;)

More like [HIV] :eek:

There will be a beta limited, atleast a last minute one, there are a few vehicles that need to be fine tuned so you can't do any shortcuts or anything that can get you there quicker.

AAA
August 6th, 2007, 07:11 AM
there are a few vehicles that need to be fine tuned so you can't do any shortcuts or anything that can get you there quicker.

oh, take half our brains out why don't you.

Rosco
August 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, some of us are old enough to get hangovers.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you.

AAA
August 6th, 2007, 07:40 AM
dude?...What doees a Hangover have to do with no shortcuts on teh map? I don't mind you guys taking it out. As long as walking around still has it's alternate routes....Seriously, Hangovers? (da fuck?)

Rosco
August 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM
dude?...What doees a Hangover have to do with no shortcuts on teh map? I don't mind you guys taking it out. As long as walking around still has it's alternate routes....Seriously, Hangovers? (da fuck?)

Your post led me to believe my sentence didn't make sense.

Limited
August 6th, 2007, 08:00 AM
oh, take half our brains out why don't you.You bitching at my job in yoyorast island v1?

Cortexian
August 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yoyorast Island V1 Beta's were awesomely fun, I still think that the beta was to open, almost anyone could get in on it... I'm still trying to figure out how V1 never leaked, and V2 already did...

Rosco
August 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Yoyorast Island V1 Beta's were awesomely fun, I still think that the beta was to open, almost anyone could get in on it... I'm still trying to figure out how V1 never leaked, and V2 already did...

You mean the oldest alpha ever conceived. :-3

Apoc4lypse
August 6th, 2007, 10:31 PM
uhm k, that picture doesnt show much new i dont think, other then the island, which is kool, but plain..

w/e, I'm sure its gonna be a good map, i'll jus keep on waitin for more info..

Cortexian
August 7th, 2007, 01:04 AM
uhm k, that picture doesnt show much new i dont think, other then the island, which is kool, but plain..

w/e, I'm sure its gonna be a good map, i'll jus keep on waitin for more info..
You sir have obviously not been keeping up at yoyorast.com! There are plenty of screenshots of the V2 model.

And yes, the oldest Alpha ever concived of V2 got leaked, but the question remains, how did V1 go through so many builds and never get leaked, yet one of the first V2 builds gets leaked...

p0lar_bear
August 7th, 2007, 03:34 AM

While Yoyo has established that shortcutting isn't a big deal to him, I still see it to be as bad as superjumping/multishotting/etc in Halo 2. You can claim it's a feature all you want because "anyone can do it," but the fact still remains that it's a game-breaking problem with the map. Personally, being able to capture the flag in under a minute doesn't impress me, it just lets me know how obsessed with winning you are.

Rosco
August 7th, 2007, 05:47 AM
You sir have obviously not been keeping up at

And yes, the oldest Alpha ever concived of V2 got leaked, but the question remains, how did V1 go through so many builds and never get leaked, yet one of the first V2 builds gets leaked...

Someone spilt coffee on the enter button. :haw:

I think it doesn't matter now anyway. Yoyorast would have (and the guys helping him) worked their butts off to get something 1000x better than what that old leak presented.

yoyorast
August 7th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Hey Guys Im having a really gret time here in Thailand thanks for your remarks and questions.. I ll take a little moment to answer here sometimes when Im fed up with the sun, beach, Thai food and all lol..

- Music in the high tower will still be there.. but there ll be more at other places.. dont ask, my selection was made long time ago..

-Trenchs are replced by lttle walls and there s no underwater corridor anymore..

-palm trees and stones on the beach are planed..

- Rams and the winners of the movie contest are still part of the beta team.. and they ll be able to film and make big priview of the map before its out..

- thks for your proposal offspring , that should be ok.. thanks again.. I wanna see your long time never finished map done man!

-The beta might be very short for the reasons Limited expressed verry well.. and I ll pick the team at the last moment, I have my names already.. and yes , Im very afraid of the leak.. the V1.5 one was my bad (I sent it to a guy named python begging me on his knees fro ages on aim for to give him the alpha, lying to me on every points, becoming a 'friend', I ve been weak..

-Flag passing is old story in V2

- and for those who wonder what is the panic room.. its a relly tiny room with 4 entrance, with an intruptor/switch inside.. when you heat the switch, solid energy shield appear and block the 4 way inside/outside.. so you can have a rest here inside if you feel like in danger or with the flag in hand for example.. you ll be safe.. but for one minute only.. after that you ll need to run.. hehe.. there is another panic room ..

Laters guys.. be prepared!

Rosco
August 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
lol python, that's {UC} Sarge.

Limited
August 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM
:) Sounds great yoyo.

And yeah python can really bug you to give him stuff, he always bitches on ts to me about how he wants all my stuff.

STLRamsFan
August 7th, 2007, 11:11 AM
He's also known as KOD Kozmo haha. And the panic room sounds pretty interesting, although I think I'll get a better understanding of it when I give it a go myself. :)
Enjoy Thailand dude.

Con
August 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
panic room sounds cool!

Bossniak
August 7th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds interesting. :o

Skyline
August 7th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I can see all other 8 players camping at all the exits waiting for you lol.

yoyorast
August 7th, 2007, 02:24 PM
As you've been all kind little boys, here are some more pics I had on my USB key coming directly from Thailand. These are not from the last build, low radio and not showing a bit more but not that much lol, enjoy! ..and remember that the Banshee is for slayer mode only..

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5468/haloce2007072902440981sa6.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-07

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1469/haloce2007072902471264us9.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-07

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3425/haloce2007072902370363cx4.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-07 Big tube landing part + panic room N°1.

One more pic at yoyorast.com forums.

Bastinka
August 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Very nice, although whats with the teleporter Wayyy up there on the first picture? :-3

Rosco
August 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Looks like a sniping cliff, awesome work yoyorast, :D

El Lobo
August 7th, 2007, 05:02 PM
This is me being excited.

Scott-PL
August 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Still waiting

Stealth
August 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
oh man, no more shiny tubes... ;_; that was my fav about the map.

Cortexian
August 7th, 2007, 08:55 PM
oh man, no more shiny tubes... ;_; that was my fav about the map.
He said they were old, I'm sure he isn't leaving that plain.

Pooky
August 8th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Map is looking quite different from v1, interesting.

Cortexian
August 8th, 2007, 03:08 AM
and radiosety was done on low.

looks smexy (though the panic rooms have me abit.. :S)
do they sync online?
Most probably, TheGhost's secret room's door's sync online. I see no reason they can't sync these.

Timo
August 8th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Gonna take a few days to work this map inside out...again :p

p0lar_bear
August 8th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Most probably, TheGhost's secret room's door's sync online. I see no reason they can't sync these.
Proximity-activated device =/= Switched device

Rosco
August 8th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Map is looking quite different from v1, interesting.

no offence, but

v2 :haw:

Bad Waffle
August 8th, 2007, 06:30 AM
you know python tried befriending me a long time ago when i was publicly posting updates on ravaged and such. i would talk to him, but i'm too smart to give him any of my files :D

man, wheres that one pic of sarge when you need it, where he's got his hand on his cheek and he's got the blank look on his face?

yoyorast
August 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM
and radiosety was done on low.

looks smexy (though the panic rooms have me abit.. :S)
do they sync online?

CtrlAltDestroy worked hard on the scripts.. Still have to test it when back from thailand.. get it ready Ctrl for when I'm back please!

CtrlAltDestroy
August 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yessir. ;p

yoyorast
August 9th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Hey! just found one more pic on my usb key : the sniper base mountain (Bases side).. and if you wonder how you can come to this place.. well it's from a teleporter inside a new room (called "central room" situated in the heart of the island).. form there, you'll also be able to reach the 2nd sniper base mountain at the opposite side of the island..

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4551/haloce2007072902445672cqy6.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-09

Rosco
August 9th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Hey yoyo, if you still want to get on aim, find aim express ;)

Pooky
August 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
no offence, but

v2 :haw:

No offence but, It doesnt look like it should be called a v2 of anything, it's a completely different map.

Rosco
August 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
No offence but, It doesnt look like it should be called a v2 of anything, it's a completely different map.

It's got the essence of V1, the sniper towers, atv tower. I see what you mean, it is a totally different map, but it was originally going to be just a simple modification. D:

Rosco
August 10th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Who said it was a freaking bad thing noobinator.

Thank you for wasting your time pointing out things that would make a new comer to the map think it's not yoyorast. :)

yoyorast
August 10th, 2007, 06:35 AM
how is it totally different?

lets see, still has the weird bases next to each other? check! (oh noez, they have some more cover /world >_>)
the sniper tower is there (omg it doesn't have stuff to duck behind all around D: )

theres a wall instead of a trench to stop people getting a short cut (huge difference D: )\

the ATV tower is still there (omg it's using madworks's atv's D:)

all the crazy tunnels on the race track are still there.

now what's new?

well instead of that sniper thing on cliff above the beach it looks like theirs a panic room (wooo)

there's some more sniper towers (so? yoyorast v1 allways had a thing for snipers)

a banshee D: (only in slayer thank god..)

the middle room (it'll give a nice new objective to control instead of just the tower >_>)

am i missing anything?

personally, I like all these new bits. they really spruke up an old and heavilly played (but still fun and highly origional) map.

can't wait (i've been saying that since what... january?)

Forgetting a lot new and modified stuff but nice analysis anyway...

TheGhost
August 10th, 2007, 06:37 AM
I wanted to do the radiosity in mental ray to see how it looks. I contacted jahrain about it but nothing has started rolling yet.

Limited
August 10th, 2007, 07:11 AM
To be perfectly honest, I hate that last screenie you posted yoyo, seems like its too much out of the way of the map, any thing seperate like that I doubt will get much playing.

On a whole however, I am looking forward to the map

yoyorast
August 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM
To be perfectly honest, I hate that last screenie you posted yoyo, seems like its too much out of the way of the map, any thing seperate like that I doubt will get much playing.

On a whole however, I am looking forward to the map

I understrand your doubts man.. jusr wait to be in the map and tell me again what you think.. It may not be the most biautifull thing ever made but these 2 sniper bases mountains + central room are one of the things I the most proud of.. and you know, for me gameplay comes first.. and this will add a lot to the gameplay, I'm 100% sure of it..;)

Rosco
August 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I can see where you're coming from, these points hold the map and who can control the area, it helps rockets become involved, it helps vehicles get involved (evade sniper points) it forces teamwork so people can handle it when the other team control the areas. I doubt it would be easy to win if your team is all over the place and the other team controlled the areas and worked together. :D

FRain
August 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yoyorast island has been more of a strategical/team based gametype kind of map. It was never a good slayer map because you'd spend 3 or 4 hours looking for an enemy.

Rosco
August 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM
not if you were clever :eng101:

Or waited for the usual people to go the sniper tower/atv tower/ramp where fuel rod spawns. :haw:

Sever
August 10th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Or if you know where ALL of the spawn points are.

Archon23
August 10th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Or you just camp the tracks waiting for the next unexpecting warthog driver.

Skyline
August 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Is the tunnel still only partially seperated or is it completely seperated? The tunnel with all the hogs/ghosts in it. I always hated when someone would come over to our base, take the shotgun and just camp behind the ramp.