PDA

View Full Version : When are you purchasing Halo 2 Vista?

TheGhost
December 11th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to know what everyone's plans were for purchasing the game.

Mr Buckshot
December 11th, 2006, 01:08 AM
when I feel like it...it's not that great anyway for many PC gamers.

Teroh
December 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM
When I decide to get a new PC for vista.

cls
December 11th, 2006, 02:51 AM
I'll install Vista when I get some more RAM, or buy a new computer all together. (Maybe when 8 gigahertz chips are sold) So I'll have H2V eventually.

Reaper Man
December 11th, 2006, 04:34 AM
As soon as I can.

thehoodedsmack
December 11th, 2006, 06:26 AM
ASAP

Atty
December 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Since I'll have Vista the day it comes out, I'll just get H2v the day it releases. I know my PC can run it so I have nothing to worry about. :)

DaBillyBob
December 11th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Ill hopefully get my hands on it the day of release.

Elite Killa
December 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM
When it comes out for sure!

PenGuin1362
December 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM
well first i need vista...and in order to get that i need money...and in order to have money it has to not be christmas time..and having a sports car does not help my car insurance : (

ChickenShyt
December 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I'm getting it within three weeks; I need a new motherboard and processor to be able to handle Vista without experiencing slight slowdowns (who the hell wants that with a new game?) so within three weeks of its release I'll hopefully have a new mobo and processor, enabling me to purchase it. O_o;

Stealth
December 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
When it comes out, and I'll install it and play it when I get Windows Vista on it, and I may go and buy it and tell me dad to "Shut Up, I want to by Windows Vista Ultimate, I don't care if I can get the Windows Vista Pro from Nu Skin, I'm not waiting a few months to get it like I did with everything else." other then that, I'm ready for it, and if I have to get more mem, then I'm just fine with getting more.

Aero
December 11th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I'll try to get it the day it comes out.

mR_r0b0to
December 11th, 2006, 06:27 PM
when i get my new pc with vista, along with its reviews (good or bad, i'll probably buy it anyway).

Cortexian
December 13th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Definatly within the first 3 weeks of release. For christmas I'm either getting money, or a bunch of computer parts that I want, Im' building a new PC just for Vista :)

[gx]Shadow
December 13th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I am getting my new laptop for college during the summer, so when I get it, I plan to upgrade the OS to Vista and buy H2V.

Tiamat
December 14th, 2006, 05:54 PM
EVENTUALLY!!!!

i have no money and no budget at all and it looks like i'm probally gonna be heading to university soon (university as in more money than college @_@)

mb i shoulda start a "get tiamat h2v" fund, it would probally work haha.

zomg first post on this forum even though i've been registered since idk how long!

legionaire45
December 15th, 2006, 12:02 AM
ASAP, probably within three weeks of getting Vista (as soon as its available at the MS store, I love employee discounts + family Friends =P). Lols @ ~$60 for Vista and H2V when it comes out. Now I just need to blackmail my Celeron D into making itself a Core 2 Duo and then buying Ram not from ebay.

*edit: lols! 200 posts! its liek a milestone...achieved by some...within...weeks....by....others.....*cry*

Mr Buckshot
December 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
tbh, Halo 2 isn't great in comparison to other popular PC shooters, notably the Half-Life series and FEAR. I'll probably try the demo once I get Vista (I got a coupon to upgrade to Home Premium for $49), but as for getting the full version, I doubt I'll be interested enough. I've played it to death on the xbox (except multiplayer) until I sold it.

Also, the lack of a DX10 makeover (it supports DX10 but cannot take advantage of it) makes the Vista exclusivity completely unjust. We PC gamers don't CARE about Live anywhere and matchmaking. Just because something works on consoles doesn't mean it works as well on PCs (I'm looking at YOU, MGS2).

To sum it up: I will get Vista, but not Halo 2. Unless it really becomes the next big PC craze.

TheGhost
December 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM
To be honest, the only thing that made me stop playing Halo 2 multiplayer was all of the cheating that was going on. It was during the time when literally 3 out of 4 games were against modders or standbyers or whatever.

I'm assuming these issues will be taken care of in the PC version of the game. Modern PC games usually have pretty good anti-cheating measures.

Mr Buckshot
December 17th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Well, now that it's confirmed that online MP is free, I'll buy the game, but not instantly. On xbox, I always yearned to frag my buddies online in Coagulation. Xbox Live just sucked. The PS2 and PS3 online MPs are free of charge and run just as well. I understand if downloadable content requires payment, but if all you want to do is hold a simple online match, a fee is unacceptable. Yes, the PC internet has a monthly fee, but that fee also covers email, going to this forum, downloading pr0n, chatting, etc.

H2 multiplayer online...now that's the one thing worth looking at. I'm bored with the SP campaign, which, while solid, cannot compare to those of HL2 or FEAR or even Max Payne 2.

And if the game costs $50 at release, don't buy it unless you've never played the Xbox version before. For xbox veterans, it's better to wait for a price drop.

Atty
December 17th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Xbox Live just sucked. The PS2 and PS3 online MPs are free of charge and run just as wellYou are kidding right? Please diaf.

Mr Buckshot
December 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM
PS2 online MP lags? Strange, but I only tried online next door with MGS3 subsistence, BF2 modern combat, and splinter cell double agent. All were pretty smooth. I still boycott XBL because it charges a fee to play. PS3 online with Resistance is also good.

back on topic: Punkbuster = awesome idea. Steam has good anti-cheating tech in many servers these days. I'm sick of all the cheaters in Halo PC's multiplayer.

ejburke
December 18th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I'll buy it immediately. The week before release, I'll build a nice ~$2000 Vista machine to play it on. C2D E6600, Nvidia 680i chipset motherboard, 2GB DDR2 800, X-Fi, the best price/performance DX10 GPU at the time, etc.

Zeph
December 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
:O, I thought I posted in this thread by now.
Anyways, I'll get it as soon as it is released and I have Vista.

halofreak4567
December 29th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I plan on getting Vista the day it comes out. Then I will impatiently wait for this to come out. Hehe

Syuusuke
January 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I might get it for my birthday, MIGHT, assuming H2V comes days-weeks before it...it might, it might not...

someone
January 6th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I'm going to get vista a few days after it's release. Then I'm going to wait and get h2v the day it comes out.

Sunray
January 6th, 2007, 05:41 AM
The problem with getting Vista the day it comes out is there is probably going to be lots of holes even the beta testing couldn't remove. I'm probably going to get Vista and H2V at the same time. That means the OS will be more stable because they will have fixed all the major bugs.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2007, 05:46 AM
The problem with getting Vista the day it comes out is there is probably going to be lots of holes even the beta testing couldn't remove. I'm probably going to get Vista and H2V at the same time. That means the OS will be more stable because they will have fixed all the major bugs.
^couldnt agree with u more, microsoft have been terrible with there OS in the past for security bugs and glitches.

they wont have got many bugs out of vista by the time H2V is released tho, mb like 5%

Sunray
January 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM
^ but still, its an improvement...

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2007, 06:22 AM
yeah it's an improvement in some ways. mainly because of the way admins are set up now.
you are no longer a true admin on the Windows OS now, your a user that can do admin things on the computer if u use some security paths.

there will still be a bazillion of holes tho :( i'm pretty sure your still as susceptible as ever to virus's and worms, it's just that now it's a little harder for ppl to gain complete control of your computer due to segmentation of the admin control.

someone
January 6th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I'm going to use vista as a secondary OS and just for games the first few months after the release. XP will be the primary OS for internet surfing and other stuff, until the antiviruses, antispywares and other programs and bugfixes for vista are out.

Bodzilla
January 6th, 2007, 07:51 AM
^thats the general idea on how it's gunna work
the biggest danger thats in Vista is the digital rights management.
microsoft and sony have collaborated in making vista with concers to the DRM, did any of you ppl hear about how sony illegally put programs into computers to monitor pirated sony software on ppl's computers... well i have a strong belief that these will be part of windows vista.

someone
January 6th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Never heard of it, but I don't think it'll happen. Isn't sony a rival to microsoft because of the xbox and HD DVD?

Sunray
January 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I'm going to use vista as a secondary OS and just for games the first few months after the release. XP will be the primary OS for internet surfing and other stuff, until the antiviruses, antispywares and other programs and bugfixes for vista are out.
My plan exactly. I've got a pair of 250gigs hard drives, and I'm going to partition them. By mid this year, I will have 1 machine that will be able to boot from: Vista, XP, PC linus OS and Ubuntu.

Abstract.Error
January 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
As soon as i get the money :), ill also wait a little while, so it wont be like 300+ $, :)

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure at this point. Although I really want H2V, I don't want to go out and get a copy of Vista just to play it.

Trezeguet
January 6th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I will envetualy buy it. Thats when I get a Windows Vista which looks like is not going to happen any time soon.

WhiteRaven
January 6th, 2007, 07:18 PM
After I suitably upgrade my RAM and GPU to handle Vista in the first place.

Shmee
January 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I plan to purchase new parts for a new computer, including DX10 graphics card, b4 upgrading to vista. once I have vista, ill get h2v.

X3RO SHIF7
January 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM
is there a release date set for h2v?

someone
January 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I think it comes out in February/March, because Bungie said that it comes out soon after the release of windows vista:)

dinonid
January 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm definitely buying H2V when it gets released.

InnerGoat
January 7th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Ugh. I'm still waiting for vista to be up on the MSDN academic alliance. Not paying 400 for it when I can legally get it for free, seriously.

onyxghost
January 8th, 2007, 12:27 AM
i bought a new laptop and got a free upgrade to vista when it comes out. ill probably buy h2v after i see the first good maps coming out for it. or i might buy it when it comes out depending on what new maps it has.

Agamemnon
January 8th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I'd rather read some reviews first and maybe find someone who might get it first to hear what they say. Then again, the modding won't really pick up until much later (as was the case for HCE), so if the most of you are expecting modsville as soon as you pick it up then I suggest you get a double dose of reality.

Oh, and sorry about the lack of activity on visiting the forum, guys. Due to the outrageous sex I've been having with Atty's mom, activity no longer happens in the computer room. JOKELAWL

soloblast
January 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Eventually, maybe wait till the price drops, and until I get vista. I may only get it (Windows Vista) after some major patches/ at least 1 service pack. I not exactly hyped about Halo 2 Vista, seeing as single player and custom weapons, vehicles, etc. are not gonna be "allowed" in it.

Hopefully someone'll hack it. Someone always does that eventually.

Solo

JDMFSeanP
January 9th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Depends, i might be able to get it free or cheap from bungie/from my halo 2 clan.

If not ill buy it asap after that.

ThatCrazyFox
January 10th, 2007, 01:11 PM
As soon as it comes out. The only worry I have is that if I do not have enought money to build my new computer by then I will have to upgrade my current one to Vista, and possibly lose the ability to play many of my favorite titles. Like I did when we turned out ancient (9+ years) computer to XP. Man I miss Mech Warrior 2 and 3.

AiRgUItaR901
January 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Eventually... I have xbox live, so I'm not in a HUGE hurry to purchase it... It will still be awesome though!

Noobone
January 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
My computer will be good enough soon, only Vista is needed. I'll download it by than and buy H2V ASAP. But still dont know exactly when it comes out, i wont be suprised if they delay it to Q3 or Q4 2007. ALways the same

JDMFSeanP
January 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Eventually... I have xbox live, so I'm not in a HUGE hurry to purchase it... It will still be awesome though!

Xbox doesnt have easy and quick/fun mods though, or a map maker heh, always fun new stuff!

Sco
January 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Prolly the day it comes out even if I don't have vista :D

Metkil5685
January 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM
First, I gotta get my computer to be able to run Vista. Then, I gotta get my computer to run H2Vista. So, yea. As soon as I can.

[Team_CELL_H2V]Mr.WTF
January 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
My PC can run Vista, and H2V so I'll probably get it soon after release. Wewt.

InnerGoat
January 22nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ugh. I'm still waiting for vista to be up on the MSDN academic alliance. Not paying 400 for it when I can legally get it for free, seriously.

Quoting myself because this still is the case.. I was going to buy it afew years down the road anyways, but it might be best to get it in a week. (The one I can get from school can only be installed once or something..)

:(

DogBreath
February 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I need a new Halo to play.
As soon as its arrives, or at least a day or so after.

DogBreath
aka Doggy

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/originaldogbreath.png

itszutak
February 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Prolly a few months after Vista.

Which is to say, I'll be playing the halo 3 campaign for the 4th time while waiting for my H2Vista to ship to my house. <_<;

DaneO'Roo
February 27th, 2007, 04:53 AM
as soon as i can really

Varmint260
February 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Once I get my own computer with Vista of course! I believe that's "eventually".

Master Chief
March 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
oh dear god, first i need a brand new gaming computer ($12,000), then i need vista (another $150), then i can get H2 Vista (god, another like $60.00 or so) so in other words, when im rich enough :(

Stealth
March 21st, 2007, 11:15 AM
I've put in $5 to H2V at Gamestop, and I'm going to get Vista as soon as I get my rocky fixed up.

Xehsin
March 23rd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Well i need to get myself a new laptop, because upgrading my current may take more money. So i'll get it a.s.a.p. 3 weeks after its release lol.

Con
March 24th, 2007, 01:37 PM
On second thought nevermind. Gay bullshit happened and now I'm not getting Vista yet.

What kinda gay bullshit? I hope my copy of vista is still on it's way :(

Sunray
March 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
As I have said before. Dual boot systems are the way forward. Vista can be flashy and shit all it wants, but if I have XP, Linux, Ubuntu and the microsoft recovery console on the same machine, there is a good way of getting all your files. And may be a way of getting round all this driver signing crap and DRM. It also means that I can still play all those XP games. But I should be getting Vista and H2V together; after the GCSEs. Too much of a distraction beforehand.

[MT]Slayer
March 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
eventually, because I need a $110-120 Windows Vista Certified Visiontek ATI Radeon X1300 PCI 256 Mb graphics card, then Windows Vista (Home Premium, Basic, Ultimate, one of them, probably Ultimate), and then I'll get Windows Vista...i hope i'm not too late for it, cuz i'm gonna be 10x busier in Sep. 2007

mined
April 26th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Bippity-bump...

I just pre-ordered my copy of H2V from my local game stop store today.:cool:

I'm looking forward to picking it up on the 8th. Fluffy ya!

I was a little surprised to read through the posts in this thread and find out that so many people will not be picking up the game anytime soon. It seemed that most were going to be limited by either a lack of Vista or a lack of graphics capability. Is that still the case for those of you who are waiting, or have your prospects changed?

Syuusuke
April 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I'm getting it on May 9th =)

Heh, I have Vista now, so I will be getting it =) If i didn't, I wouldn't.

dg
April 26th, 2007, 08:48 PM
So I pre-ordered H2V, but still have yet to get Vista....

What is wrong with me?

~dg945~

PsychoRaven
April 26th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Preordered via Amazon with 2 day shipping. So I'll have it the 10th.

I can't wait one bit either.

mined
April 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
So I pre-ordered H2V, but still have yet to get Vista....

What is wrong with me?

~dg945~

"Bass Ackwards" comes to mind. :p

Knight
April 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Pre-ordered it about 4 weeks ago at Best Buy... $55.73 :P

Techno Dude
April 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Already Preordered H2V along time ago

FRain
April 27th, 2007, 06:34 PM
As soon we get moolah. *when we move*

Frozenghost001
April 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 (me and my friend were at the mall, and we both got a pre-realeased copy of Halo 2 because the guy who stocks the games is a retart. He thought Halo 2 Vista was already realeased (because the xbox version was), so he put it on the shelf and me and my friend managed to swap 2 copies.)

Hurrvish
April 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
that makes no sense. h2v hasnt even been shipped out yet

FireDragon04
April 29th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 (me and my friend were at the mall, and we both got a pre-realeased copy of Halo 2 because the guy who stocks the games is a retart. He thought Halo 2 Vista was already realeased (because the xbox version was), so he put it on the shelf and me and my friend managed to swap 2 copies.)
BS... Proof!

Anyway, I've pre-ordered mine so...when its released.

Agamemnon
April 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah Firedragon04, let's believe the user with one post and leet speak in his sig.

FireDragon04
April 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah Firedragon04, let's believe the user with one post and leet speak in his sig.
Lol yea, :rolleyes:

Patrickssj6
April 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Need Vista first...though going to do some programming:)

bl0ckhed
April 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
yep, i just put vista on yesterday and so far, so good. i'm quite impressed. cs source seems to run just as well as it did with xp. i found that it look a long time to connect to a server, but there were a lot of files that downloaded when connecting... could have just been that.

i have halo 2 preordered now. very excited for the release day!

Digikid
May 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
do you REALLY need to ask? :D