PDA

View Full Version : GOP Clan Map

Dontu
August 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well its been a while since my last post so I figured Id post a pic of a map I am currently working on for my clan GOP. Any comments on the map are welcome and appreciated. The maps size is similar to that of bloodgulch but designed so that players can find targets to engage immediately. I hope to finish this within the next couple weeks, as I am about to leave for a week.
Map Name: ???
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9299/4739f2cbbf2a9118ca31950bx7.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9118/f93cae5a89d134839b0d1b4yt3.jpg

HDoan
August 4th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Are the clifts using the same bitmaps as the ground =/

Elite Killa
August 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
It looks like it. Give the cliffs a different texteure.

imo, the second pic looks a tad too dark. Brightening it up a little bit will make it easier to see. Other than that, looks alright.

Dontu
August 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
The second pic is taken from a different angle, the dark is caused by the use of a new method of lightmaps on a map that help give a map depth and greater detail.

Jay2645
August 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
The second pic is taken from a different angle, the dark is caused by the use of a new method of lightmaps on a map that help give a map depth and greater detail.
Wait...
NEW lightmaps?
Tell me, oh great one, how do you use these new lightmaps?

Bastinka
August 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Ew, if you name a map after a clan or demote it to one.. It never really gets played by anyone else in the clan, but it's a start at modelling. Keep trying, so far it looks like :fail: but maybe with some effort you can make it look a bit better. Observer Halo Campaign's landscape more, they don't tesselate.

Dontu
August 5th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Wait...
NEW lightmaps?
Tell me, oh great one, how do you use these new lightmaps?

I sorry I was unclear the about the lightmaps. I am not trying in any way to say that I have discovered or mastered some unknown concept of making a Halo map. The only thing I was refering too was a different approach to lighting a map. The method used in the above map is a combination of lightmaps/dynamic lighting. I ran radiosity on the map with a very low radiosity power and then modified a dynamic light scenery to bring out greater detail in the map.

Jay2645
August 5th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I sorry I was unclear the about the lightmaps. I am not trying in any way to say that I have discovered or mastered some unknown concept of making a Halo map. The only thing I was refering too was a different approach to lighting a map. The method used in the above map is a combination of lightmaps/dynamic lighting. I ran radiosity on the map with a very low radiosity power and then modified a dynamic light scenery to bring out greater detail in the map.
Ah, I see now.

Hunter
August 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
looks good but are the bitmaps blurred and crap quality wen you get closer to them.