PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] more spinoffs or a new series?

AMD
August 6th, 2007, 02:02 PM
do you think bungie and MS will keep making spinoffs of the halo trilogy (like halo wars) or will they just end it at halo wars and just make another series like halo and do it all over again?

Zeph
August 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
They've said it before. This story is over, but there's plenty more to tell in the same universe.

Atty
August 6th, 2007, 04:45 PM
They've chosen their words carefully, "End of this story arc." The Halo universe is huge, there is a lot more they could expand upon, not only with the VG side of it but with the novels and the possible movies.

Hotrod
August 6th, 2007, 04:55 PM
They've chosen their words carefully, "End of this story arc." The Halo universe is huge, there is a lot more they could expand upon, not only with the VG side of it but with the novels and the possible movies.

What he said, and I'm almost certain that there will be more Halo games, or at least books.

Agamemnon
August 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Don't forget movies as well. Microsoft is going to milk this series as much as possible.

DaneO'Roo
August 6th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I think bungie might end up going for like, a game set in the past, in the time of the forerunners.

I want to see forerunners >:(

Sec
August 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
this is the end of the story of the master chief but there is alot more than can be covered like the spartanIII series and the battle of harvest or even the creation of the covenant.

paladin
August 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Look at the Book, Ghosts of Onyx. Theres a whole new game right there that takes place, partly, during MC's campaign in Halo 1 and 2.

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 07:14 PM
this is the end of the story of the master chief but there is alot more than can be covered like the spartanIII series and the battle of harvest or even the creation of the covenant.

Fall of the Forerunner, foo'!

:cool:

Hotrod
August 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM

Yes, there's only one mission, with three objectives, get to the control center, activate the ring, die. It will be the most popular game to never exist with so many good features such as amazing A.I (one guy that stands near the control room, patrolling) and amazing multiplayer co-op (walk to the control room together, so exciting). So many different ways to beat the game (two different routes to get to the control room, the short route and the scenic route). I rate this game a 11 out of 10, it's a must buy for all action loving gamers out there.

Dole
August 6th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Look at the Book, Ghosts of Onyx. Theres a whole new game right there that takes place, partly, during MC's campaign in Halo 1 and 2.
Forget about Ghosts of Onyx, fuckin' make Fall of Reach (and First Strike, for that matter) into a game.
Those novels were FANTASTIC. Not that Ghosts of Onyx was bad, but FoR and FS should be first priority.

I was just so enraptured in the action and the history, and I'd really like to see how it translates into game... on second thought, Fall of Reach really wouldn't work as a game. Movie mb?

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Yes, there's only one mission, with three objectives, get to the control center, activate the ring, die. It will be the most popular game to never exist with so many good features such as amazing A.I (one guy that stands near the control room, patrolling) and amazing multiplayer co-op (walk to the control room together, so exciting). So many different ways to beat the game (two different routes to get to the control room, the short route and the scenic route). I rate this game a 11 out of 10, it's a must buy for all action loving gamers out there.

Trust me, I have already made it MUCH more interesting than that. I made it more interesting several years ago, actually. I'd love to tell you all about it, but that one make one excessively long post.

Hotrod
August 6th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Trust me, I have already made it MUCH more interesting than that. I made it more interesting several years ago, actually. I'd love to tell you all about it, but that one make one excessively long post.

You do realize I was joking, right?

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, I do (and I lol'd). But my response was serious.

Archon23
August 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
You know I'm expecting Microsoft to Milk Halo like Nintendo used to milk their series. You know.......actually I'm gonna need a bulleted list for this.

Bed sheets
Ceiling Fans
Towels
Key Chains
Board Games
Cartoon
Calculator
Shirts
Hats
Plush Dolls
Clocks
Golf Clubs
Pillow Cases
Cereal
Curtains
Watches
Beanie Babies
Sponges
Boxers
Remote Control Warthogs
Wallets
Shower Heads
Pez Dispensers
Fast Food toys.Oddly enough all this (And more) were Mario products.

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I want a Flood Infection Form plushie...it's analogous to the Head-Crab plushie VALVe released.

Masterz1337
August 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I'd totaly wear halo boxers witha halo ring around the hole for my krum.

itszutak
August 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'd totaly wear halo boxers witha halo ring around the hole for my krum.
Lmao.

Just don't call it the "Index".

Masterz1337
August 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, I jsut saw this thread title and thought it read. more smirnoffs :(.

FRain
August 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
LMAO masters, +REP. well, it doesn't count, but hey!

Amit
August 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
on second thought, Fall of Reach really wouldn't work as a game. Movie mb?

Ya, I think the story of FoR is a little too delicate to wrap up into a Video game or movie. I say let it lie in all its glory of a novel.

I would like to see some medium-scale vehicle models out there. The pelican is my most favourite vehicle of all time and it'd be awesome to have one with opening bay doors, swiveling wings, removable armour plates, and retractable wheels that were added in Halo 2. Screw the gay sounds though, add some nice glowing ambient light to it for the dark. That would be freakin awesome. I would pay $500 for one of those

TeeKup
August 7th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Exactly. I'm waiting for a book that will explain what caused such a mighty empire to fall onto its knees and set about a new generation of their kind to fix their mistake.

Halo: Fall of The Forerunner

Rosco
August 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I want them to make a game on the grunt rebellion. :-3

Wow, I jsut saw this thread title and thought it read. more smirnoffs :(.

I just saw it and thought the same thing, fucking hangovers :(

nooBBooze
August 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM
You know I'm expecting Microsoft to Milk Halo like Nintendo used to milk their series. You know.......actually I'm gonna need a bulleted list for this.
Bed sheets
Ceiling Fans
Towels
Key Chains
Board Games
Cartoon
Calculator
Shirts
Hats
Plush Dolls
Clocks
Golf Clubs
Pillow Cases
Cereal
Curtains
Watches
Beanie Babies
Sponges
Boxers
Remote Control Warthogs
Wallets
Shower Heads
Pez Dispensers
Fast Food toys.Oddly enough all this (And more) were Mario products.
Dont forget the Original Halo ... Ring for the most passionate gamer who is still looking for a new, exciting and above all, halo-related way to pleasure his girlfriend (hypothetical or not). Available in three different sizes. Warning: May contain a nasty parasite.

FireScythe
August 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I would want a remote controlled warthog and a 343 guilty spark alarm clock (full size of course):p

Archon23
August 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I forgot to add Chief Green Paint.

Rentafence
August 9th, 2007, 02:16 AM
I forgot to add Chief Green Paint.

And Halo the cartoon. Like the Legend of Zelda cartoon. :fail: