PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Weapon, Vehicle, and Equipment Modifications

Dr Dmoney
August 6th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Also posted at Bungie.net -http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=12139357

Weapon, Vehicle, and Equipment Modifications

*NOTE* I know that Halo 3 is in the final stage of development and wouldn't be able to implement the modifications that are listed in this thread that could do in either a “Menu System” or using the “Forge Editor.” everything you are about to read is not official, and not concrete. This is purely idea from the official announced notions of the “Forge Editor. ” *NOTE*

“ What We Know Already”

Forge will offer a few weapon modifications “such as tweaking their re-spawn timer and ammo count”

Hello,
Good morning, afternoon, evening or, night (depending on the time you are reading this). This thread intentions are to inform everyone what Halo 3 “could” offer using Forge. Now, I am not going to tell you about forge, or how it works. The information is going to go into details about something else that is either “unannounced” or “unavailable.” What this message will tell you is what modifications that you maybe could do with Weapon, Vehicle, and Equipment. Everything will be very detailed and almost nothing left out.

Weapons

Human & Other Weapons that have Ammo Clips

Ammo Count – Maximum amount of bullets that a spartan could start/end with
Magazine Size - Maximum amount of bullets in each magazine
Rate of Fire – Speed between each shot
Fire type – Automatic, Burst (Can change the burst amount as well), or semi-auto
Damage – Self explanatory
Bullet Speed – Speed of the bullets
Reload Time – Self explanatory
Kick Back Strength – Amount of force of the weapon to affect the players movement (Move back because of the shot)
Re-Coil Strength – Amount of movement in the recital
Scope Magnification – (If available) 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x
Type of Weapon – Regular or Support (If support it will flip to third person)
Dual Weldable – Self Explanatory

Plasma & Fire Weapons

Ammo Count – Maximum amount of bullets that a spartan could start/end with
Overheat Fire Time - Maximum amount of continued fire until overheat
Rate of Fire – Speed between each shot
Fire type – Automatic, Burst (Can change the burst amount as well), or semi-auto
Damage – Self explanatory
Bullet Speed – Speed of the bullets
Overheat Reload Time – Time to get to a fusible level of heat
Kick Back Strength – Amount of force of the weapon to affect the players movement (Blasted back because of each shot you take)
Re-Coil Strength – Amount of movement in the reticule
Scope Magnification – (If available) 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x
Type of Weapon – Regular or Support (If support it will flip to third person)
Dual Weldable – Self Explanatory

Melee Attack & Melee Weapons

Lunge Range – Distance in which a player could attack
Damage – Self Explanatory
Speed – Quickness in the lunge (Attacker to Prey)
Dual Weldable – Self Explanatory(Weapons Only{Sword and Gravity Hammer})
Kick Back Strength – Amount of force of the weapon to affect the players movement (Blasted back because of each Melee attack you take)
Type of Weapon – Regular or Support (If support it will flip to third person)(Weapons Only{Sword and Gravity Hammer})

Grenades

Damage – Self Explanatory
Blast Range Area of which damage could take place
Explosion SizeSize of the Explosion (Great for Machinima)
Count of Grenades – Maximum amount a player can carry at a time
Detonation Time – Time it takes to start an explosion
Explosion Time – Length of the explosion to dissipate
Spawn Count – Type of grenades to start off with, and how many
Rate of Fire – Speed in which the second grenade can be through
Sound Loudness – Sound of the explosion (Loudness range)
Explosion Type – How the the explosion forms (Nuclear Mushroom cloud, Normal, etc...)

Vehicles

Top Speed – Maximum Speed that is Possible
Acceleration – Quickness to get to Top Speed
Damage of Weapon – Self Explanatory
Spatter Damage – Self Explanatory
Damage Taken – Damage in which the vehicle can stand
Handling – Quickness in turning
Braking – Quickness in stopping
Sound Loudness – Maximum Amount of Sound
Burst Strength How fast the vehicle can burst
Bullet Size – Size of the bullets (Make wrath shots even bigger, etc...)
Weight – Weight of the Vehicle to change physics (Gravity, etc...)
Most of the Weapon Modifications can be applied to vehicle weapons

Equipment

Size of Deployed equipment – Size of the item once deployed (Bubble shield bigger, ...)
Last Time – Time until depletion of energy
Damage Taken – Maximum amount of Damage the item can take once deployed
Spawnable Weapon – If you can spawn with the weapon
Damage – Damage in which the weapon could do (Mine, Power Drainer, etc...)
Movement - Maximum amount of movement if hit

Now remember All of these would apply to they type of weapons, and also that this could bring unwanted weapon balance to the game. But you have to remember you could change every weapon to be like it would be in Halo Ce or other games. There are so many other ideas that could be offered but it would make each weapon so different that it wouldn't be halo anymore. If Halo 3 would come out with this it would be kind of like building you own Multi-player FPS. If you have any ideas I will add them to this list. If you see and grammar, or spelling errors please tell me as well.

ExAm
August 6th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Re-Cole Strength – Amount of movement in the recitalI lol'd

Dr Dmoney
August 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I lol'd
Fixed

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Please change everything in there that says "clip" to say "magazine" instead, for the sake of my sanity. A clip is used to reload a magazine, and a magazine is used to store the rounds for a weapon.

Other than that, I'd say the post is pretty good, from our limited knowledge of Halo 3's Forge Editor.

ExAm
August 6th, 2007, 08:31 PM
FixedI don't see anything fixed.

Dr Dmoney
August 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I don't see anything fixed.

Re-Cole changed to Re-Coil

Dole
August 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Re-Coil change to recoil.

Also, we've seen no Manual-fire weapons in the games (sans Shotgun), only semi-auto.

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Might want to change "recital" to "reticle" or "reticule."

Dr Dmoney
August 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I have to change spelling errors at bungie and here. Some of them I forgot to change. I fixed what I could...

Warsaw
August 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
It's alright, we're just letting you know. They weren't atrocious errors like those present on other parts of the forum.

ExAm
August 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Re-Cole changed to Re-CoilSorry, I thought it was a jab at my post. I see. yeah, make the changes suggested by Dole and Warsaw.

ImSpartacus
August 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM
holy crapsiccles. that isnt terribly well thought out. dont soley use 'spartan' when describing a player, and mention in the title that this is for forge.

also, more of those features are self explanitory than 'damage'. and not every weapon fires 'bullets'.

use more general language, but specify exactly how some of these things will work (dual wielded wep's for example, can u dual wield rockets, or ban dual wielding smg's?, or both?).

Dr Dmoney
August 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Dual wielding Everything

ImSpartacus
August 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Dual wielding Everything

source?

that isnt quite as easy as it sounds, not even from a balance standpoint, u cant exactly just say 'dual wield this!' and it is done, but im open minded.

Rosco
August 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
recoil is how much kick the weapon has when you shoot. Like when you shoot a shotgun, the shotgun lifts because of the force and speed the bullet is fired.

oh, it's a little late, misread it, I understand what you mean now. :p

Archon23
August 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I don't remember anyone asking on what recoil meant Rosco........

Bastinka
August 10th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Recoil in the thread title has a wrong definition, I think rosco meant to fix it.

Rosco
August 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Recoil in the thread title has a wrong definition, I think rosco meant to fix it.

In the case he's defining it, he is right. :p

Seeing as in halo the only recoil that exists is this upwards force on automatic guns like smgs. :|

Dr Dmoney
August 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM
source?

that isnt quite as easy as it sounds, not even from a balance standpoint, u cant exactly just say 'dual wield this!' and it is done, but im open minded.

No this isn't a thread that has information that it true (what to be in the game). It is information that I came up with to make the game better... None of the things here will make it in the game probably, but this thread will tell you that Halo 3 could have more even though it will be a huge feature full game.

Berkut
August 13th, 2007, 08:28 AM
source?

You? Open-minded?

The words "Swiss bank vault" come to mind, for some reason.

ImSpartacus
August 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
No this isn't a thread that has information that it true (what to be in the game). It is information that I came up with to make the game better... None of the things here will make it in the game probably, but this thread will tell you that Halo 3 could have more even though it will be a huge feature full game.

nvm then.

You? Open-minded?

The words "Swiss bank vault" come to mind, for some reason.

u kno, that hurt, but ill give your smart ass the benfit of the doubt :rolleyes: