PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] More Scans...*Warning Spoilers*

Dr Dmoney
August 7th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I will have to warn you that if you read the information you will learn somethings that would be better if you played the game first hand.

Rar:
http://fileho.com/download/9e3563920467/OXM-Scans.rar.html

http://i15.tinypic.com/6287ucp.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/4t7gl1i.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/5zd4qqq.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/62xrt6e.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/5436lvs.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/6czzblu.jpg

itszutak
August 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Ooh, nice. I like. :)

Zeph
August 7th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I'd say spoilers. I dont want to believe it though. Being the last of your kind was the theme of Halo 1 and it continued to Halo 2. Turning that around in Halo 3 and saying, "HAI! WEEZ NOT DEAD, LOL!" is just terrible. It also tears away the Chief's god status, showing there are other gods on the field.

thehoodedsmack
August 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I agree with Zeph. Terrible move dropping more Spartans ino the mix. I'm guessing they're just wanna-be's. The article mentions a group of Brutes taking out a group of Spartans, and from what we know from the books, a group of Spartan isn't ever going down by a few Brutes.

DaneO'Roo
August 7th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Mb the spartans that were trapped come back? Maybe chief needs more help and needs to go rescue them?

Stormwing
August 7th, 2007, 06:13 AM
If i read correctly, the HBO forums seem to state that OXM is full of shit.

afaik Frankie said so himself.

Dr Nick
August 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I'd say spoilers. I dont want to believe it though. Being the last of your kind was the theme of Halo 1 and it continued to Halo 2. Turning that around in Halo 3 and saying, "HAI! WEEZ NOT DEAD, LOL!" is just terrible. It also tears away the Chief's god status, showing there are other gods on the field.

Good work:(

Bad Waffle
August 7th, 2007, 06:33 AM
rofl, zeph got pwned.

TIA Gangsta
August 7th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Didn't read it, I'd rather play the game and leave the campaign surprises til then.
Just quickly skimmed the multiplayer article and looked at a few new screenshots.

demonmaster3k
August 7th, 2007, 07:37 AM
maybe that group of spartans that were taken out by brutes were the highly dispoable spartan IIIs. i mean just by looking at the spi armor you could tell it's wimpy. there's no way in hell a bunch of apes would take out a squad of spartanIIs

Arteen
August 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Zeph, use spoiler tags please!

Rosco
August 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling that these are just marines given a quick spartan training process. Whoever could stand the changes made to their bodies were put in prototype suits or something, but whatever. There's only one real spartan.

Agamemnon
August 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Wow, nine whole campaign missions. To date, it will be the only game in the series to have so few (Halo 1 had 10 and Halo 2 had 13).

LinkandKvel
August 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, nine whole campaign missions. To date, it will be the only game in the series to have so few (Halo 1 had 10 and Halo 2 had 13).

I'm hoping they're GoW Chapter length.

Kornman00
August 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty fucking sure they're pushing the ability to make HUGEASS maps to the max. The Ark had to make Tiamat twitch :P

And Zeph should get a warning for not using spoiler tags. All in favor:

yay

Dr Dmoney
August 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
They are defently going to be longer. Each mission with the power of the 360 can be huge in scale. Miles apone miles of action.

Dr Dmoney
August 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty fucking sure they're pushing the ability to make HUGEASS maps to the max. The Ark had to make Tiamat twitch :P

And Zeph should get a warning for not using spoiler tags. All in favor:

yay

I really told everybody it would be very cool to see in the game, and not leacked like this. I think he should at least be given a warning.

Kornman00
August 7th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Also, the other spartans have been mentioned since the second book (which came out before Halo 2) so you :fail: Zeph...again.

All in favor of removing zeph's avatar:

yay

Agamemnon
August 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
When we're talking about huge maps, are we talking about the backdrop in which is supposed to go on for miles, or for what you'll actually be allowed to play/explore? And if that's the case, you know there's going to be a couple of Covie ship/Halo underground levels that are filled with copy + paste corridors and halls. I don't think I can stomach another Library level.

Kornman00
August 7th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Halo 2 didn't really have any missions that were bad as the Library :/, and with each game they learn how to make the levels more *makes up word* permutationable.

They may make it so that each full mission isn't just fixed on interiors or exteriors. So just because your inside a covie ship for a good many fights, doesn't mean they can jettison your ass into space to continue the mission. More (gameplay) with less (actual maps), because the platform allows it, unlike the last one.

JDMFSeanP
August 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Nine maps but they also said each map has at least three sub-chapters.

Cortexian
August 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I hope that I get enough for a 360 Elite on my birthday :awesome:.

Zeph
August 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Zeph, use spoiler tags please!

The thread title said spoilers. Your fault for opening it. And after thinking about it a bit more, I'd have to guess the magazine writers think the marines are spartans. The armor is more similar now.

Also, the other spartans have been mentioned since the second book (which came out before Halo 2) so you :fail: Zeph...again.

All in favor of removing zeph's avatar:

yay
Oh? So why weren't they seen in Halo 2? Were their actions not enough for medals?

When we're talking about huge maps, are we talking about the backdrop in which is supposed to go on for miles, or for what you'll actually be allowed to play/explore? And if that's the case, you know there's going to be a couple of Covie ship/Halo underground levels that are filled with copy + paste corridors and halls. I don't think I can stomach another Library level.
When discussing online co-op, it was mentioned that player 1 could end up being miles away from player 2 in game.

Veegie
August 7th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Oh? So why weren't they seen in Halo 2? Were their actions not enough for medals?
Because the storyline didn't call for it... just as it does in the book.

I submit to you, a question.
Have you ever read the books before?

Kornman00
August 7th, 2007, 05:09 PM
The thread title said spoilers. Your fault for opening it.

But he linked to spoilers, not explicitly posted them. Fucking jub-nub, go read a book :rolleyes:

Dr Dmoney
August 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I sayed spoilers to warn people. More Spartans is what I was trying to hide and then you blab information that was spoiler material. They wanted you to make spoiler tags for everyone that doesn't want to see.

dcemuser
August 7th, 2007, 05:41 PM

Bungie has said they will be MUCH longer in length, and because of that, they are adding the option to start a level at any of the various sub-levels once you have beaten it.

dcemuser
August 7th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Oh? So why weren't they seen in Halo 2? Were their actions not enough for medals? During Halo 2, MOST of the other Spartans were fighting elsewhere on Earth against the Covenant. SPARTAN-087, Kelly, was off on a mission with the creator of the Spartan program. Kurt was training Spartan IIIs with Mendez. Now that the Spartan IIIs' training is done, I'd guess that you'll be seeing some Spartans.

And of course, Nicole is off fighting DOA4 characters somewhere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_%28Dead_or_Alive_character%29)... lorelol.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post - wasn't thinking about it! :(

Warsaw
August 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM
John was definitely not training the Spartan IIIs. That would be Chief Mendez and Kurt (I forget his program number), "Lieutenant Ambrose."

TeeKup
August 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM
During Halo 2, MOST of the other Spartans were fighting elsewhere on Earth against the Covenant. SPARTAN-087, Kelly, was off on a mission with the creator of the Spartan program. John was training Spartan IIIs with Sargent Johnson. Now that the Spartan IIIs' training is done, I'd guess that you'll be seeing some Spartans.

And of course, Nicole is off fighting DOA4 characters somewhere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_%28Dead_or_Alive_character%29)... lorelol.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post - wasn't thinking about it! :(
Oh snap that is awesome!! I have to get DOA4 now. :D

Kornman00
August 8th, 2007, 01:27 AM

she was born in the year 2531
wait, what? Why does this seem out of place...wasn't John born way earlier than that? I could have sworn they were doing missions already by then....

Neuro Guro
August 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8015/scarabmbic5.jpg

"On some of the larger levels like Sandtrap (seen here for the first time ever) the flag stations will no longer be fixed in one spot. They'll now be mounted on top of massive controllable walkers that you can walk around the levels [with]."

Any of the following can be inferred from this:

The writer has his information wrong, thinking that the elephant has a mech-like mechanism.
There is a mech-like human vehicle.
There is a mech-like variant of the elephant, or they could have recently made adjustments to the elephant that we haven't seen yet.
There are scarabs
He has his information wrong based on seeing regular elephants, but could be correct anyway that there will be mech vehicles, but just doesn't know it.As far as I know there is only elephants in this map that are the vehicles that serve as the bases, but who knows now judging from this. There is possibilities that they could have recently adjusted the elephant into a mech walker form or that they even added scarabs into the mix.

Pooky
August 8th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I'm glad to see they've improved the HUD somewhat. Though the game looks like it's going to be epic, I don't really like the way they're whoring the SHIT out of it. I mean, I like the Halo games and all, but I don't really give a shit about 'bonus' content, or a plastic helmet, or any of the other Halo merchandise. And at the risk of getting flamed, I think they're making way too big a deal out of marketing it. Everyone thought Halo 1 was going to be terrible but it became a bestseller, do they really need all this just to sell Halo 3? It'll outsell most games of its time based solely on reputation.

Cortexian
August 8th, 2007, 03:03 AM
If you follow the books as well as the game storyline, didn't it state that all Spartans except for Johns team are "MIA" (either dead or actually MIA, but only two Spartans were correctly listed as MIA, Kurt and some other male Spartan I believe)? Johns team seemed to split up just before Halo, but there are some mentions of them in The Flood. This leads me to believe that there are at least two or three other Spartan II survivors besides Kurt, Kelly and John (fuck Nicole). And if you read Ghosts of Onyx, you would know that Kelly, two Spartan III's, and Dr. Halsley are trapped in "The Shield" (I hope they get out somehow, at least in another book). Almost no Spartan III's are alive to date besides the two in The Shield, as Onyx went boom.

Zeph
August 8th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Because the storyline didn't call for it... just as it does in the book.

I submit to you, a question.
Have you ever read the books before?
Yes, I have read the blobs of inked paper that often fail to stick to their own continuity. It's some of the most painful reading I've ever done. It's sad that the author and the proof readers, if there ever were any, let soo much through.

Bad Waffle
August 8th, 2007, 03:32 AM
explain, zephypoo.

Reaper Man
August 8th, 2007, 04:32 AM
maybe that group of spartans that were taken out by brutes were the highly dispoable spartan IIIs. i mean just by looking at the spi armor you could tell it's wimpy. there's no way in hell a bunch of apes would take out a squad of spartanIIs
Read First Strike :downs:

Kornman00
August 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Yes, I have read the blobs of inked paper that often fail to stick to their own continuity. It's some of the most painful reading I've ever done. It's sad that the author and the proof readers, if there ever were any, let soo much through.
all in favor of banning zeph:

yay

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM
:eng101:
Damn...
I somehow forgot I was speaking to the literary connoisseur of our time.:smith:

Care to point out any continuity errors, by chance?
Shouldn't be a problem in regards to how boastfully you speak of said errors.

When you actually provide logical backing behind such bold statements, it tends to lessen your appearance of a complete idiot, to the public.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Damn...
I somehow forgot I was speaking to the literary connoisseur of our time.:smith:

Care to point out any continuity errors, by chance?
Shouldn't be a problem in regards to how boastfully you speak of said errors.

When you actually provide logical backing behind such bold statements, it tends to lessen your appearance of a complete idiot, to the public.
It was too bad you weren't on that bridge when it collapsed.

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
And we're going to head over to Bill in the studio for our nightly edition of, "Relevant Statements". What've you got for us today, Bill?

Atty
August 8th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Some mild traffic clogging up the tubes, an excess of rep, and a slight change of flaming towards this afternoon. There is a 30% chance of a ban today and bull shit will be flying at 25MPH in a NW motion.

Thats all for today, back to Nate.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
And we're going to head over to Bill in the studio for our nightly edition of, "Relevant Statements". What've you got for us today, Bill?
One of our top stories of the night: 15-year-old children reading online dictionaries and thesauruses who throw tantrums and then proceed to act like they're a respectable member of an online community--could your child be one of them?

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 01:14 PM
We're getting shocking news that the subject is actually 18, not 15.
Statement and claim officially null & void due to continuity errors and vocabulary-based attacks.

What does this have in store for Agamemnom? We'll have to wait and see. Back to you at the scene, Alex.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM
We're getting shocking news that the subject is actually 18, not 15.
Statement and claim officially null & void due to continuity errors and vocabulary-based attacks.

What does this have in store for Agamemnom? We'll have to wait and see. Back to you at the scene, Alex.
18? That makes it all the worse. Horrible, actually.

dcemuser
August 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Nate. A local Walmart was destroyed by a mob of protesters proclaiming the lack of editing features in the PC version of Bungie's Halo 2 video game. Several employees are still being continuously flamed for marketing what some call "afailsauceproduct". Why Walmart? We're not quite sure, but protesters never do seem to attack the right targets.

In other news, Kornman continues to rack up votes of those "in favor of banning Zeph" for his hatred of the Halo novels. The studios here at H2V would like to express their support for said act.

Trkle
August 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Agamenon blows dick.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Agamenon blows dick.
That's Agamemnon :eng101:

Veg, when you send IMs to your fan club, at least get the name right, k?

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
18? That makes it all the worse. Horrible, actually.
You're right actually.
It's just horrible when older individuals act immature (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=54153)!

Also:

Veg, when you send IMs to your fan club, at least get the name right, k?
You forgot the second e...

Trkle
August 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Agamemnon blows dick.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
You're right actually.
It's just horrible when older individuals act immature (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=54153)!
Especially when such topics are not only a year old but were planned as well. :lol:

EDIT: Didn't you have a temper tantrum over teamspeak or something? But no, sorry, that was obviously planned.

El Lobo
August 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
You're right actually.
It's just horrible when older individuals act immature (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=54153)!Hell yeah, I was on the top of the list! How was that planned? That doesn't even make sense. What a douche haha.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Hell yeah, I was on the top of the list! How was that planned? That doesn't even make sense. What a douche haha.
I did it with the full intention of getting banned. I actually had a friend over at b.net suggest I put the "fuck kittens" sig in. Good times, good times.

Anyone else care to hop on the bandwagon or discuss year-old topics in which people seem to have an infatuation with me? Oh, and don't forget in which they were duped in the process as well.

Atty
August 8th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Shut the fuck up all of you, christ.

El Lobo
August 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Of course you did it with the intention of getting banned, that's obvious. However, calling us "kitten fuckers" seems to be extremely immature. How childish.

EDIT: Atty, settle down. :(

Atty
August 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'm not unsettled, Lobo. I just don't want to see any of my internet buds getting banned today. :(

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Of course you did it with the intention of getting banned, that's obvious. However, calling us "kitten fuckers" seems to be extremely immature. How childish.

What a douche haha.
Hello, Pot? This is Kettle, over.

Rosco
August 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I'm not unsettled, Lobo. I just don't want to see any of my internet buds getting banned today. :(

So another time? :saddowns:

Kornman00
August 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM
So we can just ban you then ~:eng101:!

Neuro Guro
August 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

jngrow
August 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

SRSLY. Back on topic, Halo 3 has less missions then Halo 1 & 2, but think about it. Halo 1 was waaaay longer, with tons of alternate routes etc then Halo 2. And look at how much replay value campaign is looking to have, what with the co-ops and the meta-games and the AHAH AH JELLO PUDDIN.

Zeph
August 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM
On page 159, we are introduced to 'Ensign William Lovell', but later on, on page 188, Captain Keyes calls him 'Ensign Michael Lovell'.
During the assault on Cote d' Azur, James loses his left arm from the elbow down due to a plasma charge from a Covenant Hunter. A few moments later it says he manages to salute with his left hand.
Those two were just from a quick google search. I remember running into many like that. The one I remember most was the magical transformation of the longsword the Chief escaped Halo with turning into a pelican later on in the book.

Why dont you try driving that bridge this evening. I'm sure you'll get across.

Kornman00
August 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Ummm, that wasn't the chief, that was Johnson.

And those examples aren't really that great, as they don't really affect the story line at all :/

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Why dont you try driving that bridge this evening. I'm sure you'll get across.It's a good thing you're exempt from disrespectful post warnings, apparently. :)

It's a shame that you spoke so highly of said errors, as if they happened every other page. Yet when it came time to actually name said errors, you resorted to Google.

legionaire45
August 8th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Those two were just from a quick google search. I remember running into many like that. The one I remember most was the magical transformation of the longsword the Chief escaped Halo with turning into a pelican later on in the book.

Why dont you try driving that bridge this evening. I'm sure you'll get across.
If I remember correctly Johnson was on a pelican with a few other marines/UNSC officials and they met up. The longsword didn't magically turn into a Pelican.

Oh yes, I love kittens too. As much as this thread. Which reminds me of this:
http://fukung.net/images/5937/fazed20070712141536.gif

teh lag
August 8th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The one I remember most was the magical transformation of the longsword the Chief escaped Halo with turning into a pelican later on in the book.

Yeah it kinda diddn't. Johnson, an ODST, an ONI agent and the peli's pilot also escaped Halo on the pelican and met up with the Chief in his Longsword.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah it kinda diddn't. Johnson, an ODST, an ONI agent and the peli's pilot also escaped Halo on the pelican and met up with the Chief in his Longsword.
Be serious. You know as well as anyone else that Johnson was never meant to be a major character. He appears in Halo 1 countless times in different missions; sometimes twice in the same mission. He can DIE as well in those missions, and he usually does. What really happened is that Jason Jones realized Johnson was such a hit that they magically wrote him back into the story.

Bad Waffle
August 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM
It's a good thing you're exempt from disrespectful post warnings, apparently. :)

if you read the T&C when you signed up, you would realize that the moderators and owners of this board can do whatever they want, and the rules are a guideline for people who don't have enough sense to not be stupid. That's the only reason they exist--to remind those without common sense. You have at least 20 posts that are warn-worthy, but somehow an old moderator deleted all of them instead of taking the correct action.

It's a shame that you spoke so highly of said errors, as if they happened every other page. Yet when it came time to actually name said errors, you resorted to Google.

yet you have been one to post worthless and arcane words that you found from an online thesaurus. OWAITE I BETTER BACK MYSELF UP BECAUSE YOU'LL CHALLENGE THIS CLAIM :ssh:

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=102537#post102537

Lets quote that post just incase you try editing it to hide it.

Axiomatic exponential coruscation degression.

Also, you have this really bad habit of letting your ego slip when you post--most of them come off as "i-know-everything-so-fuck-you", like this one in particular:

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=103322#post103322

Because I'm right.

Soo...since you're right, you can go call people thickheaded-morons, retards, etc...because they are obviously not right, like you? Yea, k.

Since mined served time in the millitary, do you see him yelling at everybody for not modelling guns exactly how they are, or telling people to fuck off because they're stupid when they are trying to model a blackhawk and they didnt do a few parts right?

You're 18 and you're doing this shit? what, did you get dropped on your head as a child causing your brain and body to stop growing leaving you with a severe insecurity that you cover up by having a wall dedicated to you with trophies, pictures of you etc?

Wait, does that mean that your balls never dropped?

That would explain a lot.

Masterz1337
August 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Well, this should be entertaining.

Terry
August 8th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Quite. Veegie and WOL? Epic Battlez.

Agamemnon
August 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
It's a dirty job, but someone has to take out the trash. I'll help as well.

StankBacon
August 8th, 2007, 07:06 PM
It's a good thing you're exempt from disrespectful post warnings, apparently. :)

gtfo homo.

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Sure.
It's pretty easy to form an argument when you can respond to a two week+ old post. :)

So, expect to see a response in a few weeks yeah? Sounds good.

DaneO'Roo
August 8th, 2007, 10:34 PM
if you read the T&C when you signed up, you would realize that the moderators and owners of this board can do whatever they want, and the rules are a guideline for people who don't have enough sense to not be stupid.

Not practicing what they preach isn't a good example for others :/

I know the mods and admins here are great, but Zeph telling Veegie to practically die on the bridge isn't right.

Greenglow2004
August 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Rofl ... this has to be topic of the year. this makes great reading.

+rep to veegie for not being on that bridge when it collapsed

o and nice scans..

Veegie
August 8th, 2007, 11:14 PM
sup green :)

Bad Waffle
August 8th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Not practicing what they preach isn't a good example for others :/

I know the mods and admins here are great, but Zeph telling Veegie to practically die on the bridge isn't right.

admins/mods don't have to be role models, they are just there to facilitate. sure, i don't agree that people can go around saying they should have died, but sometimes people get pissed off and hold grudges.

veg, it doesn't matter how old the post is--if thats the only thing you got on me, then you should just leave right now. You're unliked for who you are, so why don't you change that, and come back? It wont be like you're "succumbing" to me, it wont be like you "lost an internet battle", it'll be more of something to show to everybody that you arent as big of an idiot as you show yourself to be. So then, do you think you could prove yourself to be the bigger man by walking away?

Kornman00
August 9th, 2007, 01:26 AM
You do realize that NOTHING you say to veggie (sic ;p) will up his roots right?

You'd be better off telling these things to him IRL...

...or collapsing another bridge :o

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 01:33 AM
You're unliked for who you are, so why don't you change that, and come back?
I'm liked by the people that matter, so it's alright.

ETA 20 days on retort, btw. Mark your calenders!

Bastinka
August 9th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Agreed, mods should be kind, self-controlling and curteous to other members no matter how rude or annoying they be. Ban them, but do it with a smile. :)

sup green :)
It's not a dating forum, silly ;)

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Green had been off of AIM for a few hours, so I wanted to say hi :)

Bad Waffle
August 9th, 2007, 02:02 AM

o good veegimite, hopefully you'll be gone by then.

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 02:14 AM
What? Why?

Cortexian
August 9th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Zeph, I would still like to hear some of these errors in the books that you speak of.

I also made some good points in my last post about the books.

Masterz1337
August 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
What? Why?
Why ask, I can summarize WOL's next responce.
:words:

Seriously, grow up, it's getting old. And you never actually win, you just make yourself look like a bigger retard for bringing shit up.

Agamemnon
August 9th, 2007, 11:28 AM

We get it. You can't make a retort to a 3-week-old point because you have nothing to say about it and, therefore, you go around in circles with empty insults.

Seriously, grow up, it's getting old. And you never actually win, you just make yourself look like a bigger retard for bringing shit up.
Masterz, please, don't get into this.

Pooky
August 9th, 2007, 01:52 PM
OWAITE I BETTER BACK MYSELF UP BECAUSE YOU'LL CHALLENGE THIS CLAIM :ssh:

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=102537#post102537

Wow, Veegie got at least 10 points in that thread...

legionaire45
August 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Everyone--->http://www.fukung.net/images/5246/Abominable_Bite.gif<---Veegie.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Also, the books are woot. No dissing Eric Nylund's masterpieces pl0x.

Masterz1337
August 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
What movie is that from?

By the way guys. I'm ALWAYS right.

See how dumb you sound?

Dole
August 9th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Read First Strike :downs:
They had encountered the Brutes immediately before that engagement. A few days later where the element of surprise is no longer a threat and the Spartans are fully mobilized and fully equipped (not to mention they're reinforced by Marines and Elites), a pack of Brutes wouldn't be so lucky.

ImSpartacus
August 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8015/scarabmbic5.jpg

"On some of the larger levels like Sandtrap (seen here for the first time ever) the flag stations will no longer be fixed in one spot. They'll now be mounted on top of massive controllable walkers that you can walk around the levels [with]."

Any of the following can be inferred from this:

The writer has his information wrong, thinking that the elephant has a mech-like mechanism.
There is a mech-like human vehicle.
There is a mech-like variant of the elephant, or they could have recently made adjustments to the elephant that we haven't seen yet.
There are scarabs
He has his information wrong based on seeing regular elephants, but could be correct anyway that there will be mech vehicles, but just doesn't know it.As far as I know there is only elephants in this map that are the vehicles that serve as the bases, but who knows now judging from this. There is possibilities that they could have recently adjusted the elephant into a mech walker form or that they even added scarabs into the mix.\

sandtrap is on the site of a cruiser crash (or landing, or something like that), and i would severely doubt scarabs would be featured.

i personally think this magazine doesnt kno shit, the elephant r not walkers, they mimick the movement style of scorpians (4 tanks tracks), and i would doubt bungie would move to a walker this late in development.

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
We get it. You can't make a retort to a 3-week-old point because you have nothing to say about it and, therefore, you go around in circles with empty insults.
No, you're mistaking me for Wave of Lag, except he actually chose to instead of ignoring the 3 week old post.

I'm as equally entitled to said retort as he is, thanks.

Agamemnon
August 9th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Why don't you dismount your high horse and treat other people as humans, for you are as human as anyone else. You're also no better then anyone else, Veg, which doesn't give you a right to insult someone just for the heck of it or for an affront to a irc chat joke that satisfies your ego and your persona in the process, because, frankly, a good portion of the community here won't stand for it.

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Excuse me, but I'm trying to be treated as an equal.

If you didn't notice, I'm telling you that we're equally entitled to these things, but I guess you completely misunderstood my post... some how.
Oh well.

Also, moderators telling users to go get killed is a far better scenario.
:gonk:

Agamemnon
August 9th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I guess you've never gone fishing then.

Veegie
August 9th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I used to fish at around the age of 6, I've stopped since.

TeeKup
August 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Jesus. Why the hell do any of you care what Veegie or anyone else says!? Just ignore them for fucks sake.

These forums are slowly turning sour, the rate at which everyone bickers over senseless and stupid crap is rising daily.

ImSpartacus
August 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
well duh, its filled with egotistic modders, nobody in particular. there's only a handful of modders that i can honestly say arent stuck up assholes. So, considering halo pc modding is the point of the forum, i would think it would be a hell hole of flaming.

Agamemnon
August 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I love it when people think they know what they're talking about.

ExAm
August 10th, 2007, 10:51 PM
During Halo 2, MOST of the other Spartans were fighting elsewhere on Earth against the Covenant. SPARTAN-087, Kelly, was off on a mission with the creator of the Spartan program. Kurt was training Spartan IIIs with Mendez. Now that the Spartan IIIs' training is done, I'd guess that you'll be seeing some Spartans.

And of course, Nicole is off fighting DOA4 characters somewhere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_&#37;28Dead_or_Alive_character%29)... lorelol.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post - wasn't thinking about it! :(The character Nicole technically isn't halo-canon. Bungie has said so.

EDIT: Whoa. :dramabomb:

Cortexian
August 10th, 2007, 11:18 PM
well duh, its filled with egotistic modders, nobody in particular. there's only a handful of modders that i can honestly say arent stuck up assholes. So, considering halo pc modding is the point of the forum, i would think it would be a hell hole of flaming.
I mod consoles, am I in said asshole book?

Note: I don't mod to cheat, just for added functionality.

SuperNova
August 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Jesus. Why the hell do any of you care what Veegie or anyone else says!? Just ignore them for fucks sake.

These forums are slowly turning sour, the rate at which everyone bickers over senseless and stupid crap is rising daily.

You're making them worse. You're bringing up bullshit no-one cares about too.
People care about what Veegie says because it's a fucking forums. Maybe you don't belong here? I don't know.

Berkut
August 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, and you'd know, being one of said egotistical shitwads.

ImSpartacus
August 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I mod consoles, am I in said asshole book?

Note: I don't mod to cheat, just for added functionality.

nothing inheritly wrong with modding, not even hacking, but in general, many people tend to be stuck up, honestly, im not pointing anyone out, its just there, no insults meant.

Yeah, and you'd know, being one of said egotistical shitwads.

i cant mod for shit, i dont have the patience. I'm not saying an ego can't be justified, many are, they do amazing work, but it exists regardless.

Dole
August 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
...a fucking forums...
Singular or plural, make up your mind. :gonk:

ImSpartacus
August 13th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Singular or plural, make up your mind. :gonk:

hehehe ;)