PDA

View Full Version : New MapManager

Patrickssj6
December 14th, 2006, 06:25 PM
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/9334/mapmanagerqh8.png

I think I'm going to be finished by tommorow.I just have few minor problems to fight with.

Updated Stuff:

-More Options
-Nvidia Fix

jcap
December 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Very, very nice app here. I do, however, have a few suggestions which could make it a little better. Going along the lines of a launcher, if you were to have it store these settings in a file and make this application into the configuration screen, then create another application which simply reads the config file and launches the game, it would be nice. I rarely, if ever, change my settings. I just set and forget, and only open up the map manager if I want to prevent a map from starting up with Halo. The main reason I am asking for this is really because of the nVidia camo fix that you threw in there, and the less clicks and time it takes to get to the game, the better. Also, you might want to consider preventing the listing of bitmaps.map, loc.map, ui.map, and sounds.map so they don't get disabled accidentally.

Patrickssj6
December 14th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I want to include both of the features you mentioned.It already saves the settings.I still need to fix the bitmaps.map thing though.:)

Arteen
December 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Other than have checkboxes for the extra parameters (which doesn't add much, because just sticking them in the "additional parameters" worked well enough), does this new Map Manager add anything extra that would make it worth downloading instead of keeping the original?

It needs to not show bitmaps.map, loc.map etc.
It needs to not show the ".map" extension after every map.

I suggest implementing some sort of "favorite" list, which would allow a set of selected maps to be activated and deactivated with the click of a button. I would like this so I could just press a button to activate all the Bungie/Gearbox/popular maps without searching through the list for each individual map, and I don't want to activate all the maps at once, as it would end up taking even longer to load CE.

Patrickssj6
December 14th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hmm I'll see about the favorites thing.Seems like a nice idea.

About the other thing read above.

rossmum
December 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Sweet. Looks like win.

dg
December 15th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Well I am very interested in this project so I whipped this up in a couple of minutes. I think that it has potential.

From this:
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/9334/mapmanagerqh8.png

To this:
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8861/improvedmapmanagerrf5.png

/Gearbox post

~dg945~

rossmum
December 15th, 2006, 12:31 AM
:ohsnap:

Don't be mean, dg :p

dg
December 15th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Don't worry, it's purely concept. It would be awesome if he put some of those things in, however. And a priority raiser... :-D

~dg945~

rossmum
December 15th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah... add a "get me some sn4x" option too and it'd be perfect :D

Patrickssj6
December 15th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I think dg and me can work together.

EDIT:Nvm it was a PS picture,amazing job on it :D