PDA

View Full Version : Be Serious about your work

Phalanx_Master
August 8th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I created this thread because i would like to point out that some WIPs ususally become dead..so if you are really serious about making a project (map, weapon, etc..) I recomend you put your heart in the project, but if you dont put your heart in the wip then its recommended that you dont post a WIP thread about it.. I posted this because if you post a WIP you are serious about then people get very excited..Then when they find out the WIP is trashed then it really upsets people. So the next time you post a WIP make sure your really up to the task of keeping up with it.

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
naw. the only thing is, people like rain are morons, and post wip threads with NOTHING IN WIP, and thats like lol, and then they get flamed, simple as that.

people that actually have something to show usually finish it, doesnt mean they actually RELEASE it. i have like 15 maps finished, just cba doing the rest of it. and said to like lightning like 5 times, you can finish it, and he's like YEAH, and then he doesnt, so FUCK YOU LIGHTS! i blame you for all the bad things in the world.

now im going back to being bored.

Phalanx_Master
August 8th, 2007, 12:17 PM
lol well i guess i sorta agree but ive seen some beautiful things that were being planned to be realeased go to waste.

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 12:49 PM
so? their loss.

Phalanx_Master
August 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM
...sigh lol the map woulda been fun..i mean my friend was upset when i had to reformat my hardrive and i lost my map ive been working on for about a month (Valo)... and dont ask why i didnt back it up its too long of a story...i miss that map but then again I can always start fresh =(.

SnaFuBAR
August 8th, 2007, 01:03 PM
fix your sig size. read the rules.

Phalanx_Master
August 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
there happy i just did =].

Bastinka
August 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Kay.

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 03:16 PM
what a pointless post to make.

LlamaMaster
August 8th, 2007, 03:36 PM
what a pointless post to make.
What an equally pointless post to make. Oh wait, now I'm doing it! :lol:

.....i'm sorry for that.

Bad Waffle
August 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
i declare this thread locked

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 05:11 PM
well no, this thread actually has a good point. people SHOULD put more effort into finishing stuff, or we'll have more rains, and we don't want that.

Jay2645
August 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
i declare this thread locked
Yay! Lockiness!
Wait... Why am I posting?

Bastinka
August 8th, 2007, 06:24 PM
I created this thread because i would like to point out that some WIPs ususally become dead.
Thats why most halo mappers are young, and not to stereo-type but most young people now-adays (Even me.) are lazy and don't want to finish.

naw. the only thing is, people like rain are morons, and post wip threads with NOTHING IN WIP.
I don't even know why they post if they have nothing to show, also they speak of doing things but never get it done.

some beautiful things that were being planned to be released go to waste.
Fixed and also, as I said before people are lazy. Thats why most older mappers/modders release and create things that are :awesome:

so? their loss.
Thats true.

Lightning
August 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM
and said to like lightning like 5 times, you can finish it, and he's like YEAH, and then he doesnt, so FUCK YOU LIGHTS! i blame you for all the bad things in the world..

Wait a week.

Tweek
August 9th, 2007, 03:49 AM
that was like 6 months ago :cop:

Apoc4lypse
August 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM
that was like 6 months ago :cop:

no he meant wait another week :p

lights is alloud to take what ever time he wants jus cuz he owns, thats my 2 cents lol.

As for this topic about wips... kind of a pointless topic, but its partly everyones fualt, people expect things to happen quickly, so when they see nothing they like in a wip thread, they get angry, cuz they expect to be wowed whenever they find a wip thread, but then there disappointed. Although thats not to say there arnt alot of pointless wip threads, namely the ones that get posted with lists of stuff they wanna make, little or no pictures, nothing to backup the claims of what they want to make, not even concept drawings...

Its like this... :picsorstfu:

we need proof otherwise, don't say anything, your wasting our time by making us read your never ending dreams, ideas and lists that never come to be. Only tell us what you can and will do, and have proof of progress, otherwise your wasting our time, and your own time by making pointless threads.

EDIT: I wud also like to add in that some people have rediculous demands sometimes, this is a public forum, so the skill range varries dramaticaly, some people are just starting out, I don't usualy expect much from them, but that doesnt mean yell at them and degrade them, give them criticism and be polite about it.

Its kind of like, treat others how you wish to be treated, if you go into someones thread and say it looks like trash, you can expect an equal reply, saying your criticism is trash...

Its just common sense, use it and we can avoid starting fires.

DaneO'Roo
August 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Wait a week.

It's true. I know :awesome:

Phalanx_Master
August 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
it seems where on a roll here =]

Tweek
August 10th, 2007, 01:06 AM
we're

fixed that for you.