PDA

View Full Version : [APP] Updated HEK+, Marine FP arms

Masterz1337
December 17th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I was talkign to Steelix, and he told me I could release the marine FP arms, as well as an updated HEK+.

This updated HEK+ (http://www.cmt.h2vista.net/masters/Halo%20Editing%20Kit%20Plus%20Most%20updated%20as% 20of%2012-17-06.rar) has better tag encryption, tag scripts, and can be set to leave some tags unprotected.

http://www.cmt.h2vista.net/masters/HEK+.jpg

And the Marine FP arms (http://www.cmt.h2vista.net/masters/marine%20fp.rar), as seen in Lost CE alpha, and Marine Canyon.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/SteelIXB/marine1.jpg

legionaire45
December 17th, 2006, 02:59 PM
awesome.

mR_r0b0to
December 17th, 2006, 06:40 PM
just wondering, is steelix gonna get H2Vista? :]

jcap
December 17th, 2006, 07:37 PM
How good of a job does this do on UI tags? :-3

Cortexian
December 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Yay, HEK + updates :)

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM
The new HEK+ sounds good. The more tag protection the better.

Wildhusky
January 6th, 2007, 06:22 PM
liking the new hek plus updates being posted here from now on?

Trezeguet
January 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM
To be honest those marine arms look creepy. It would be better if people actualy use them if they are playing as a marine. The HEK+ update, eh whatever I'll get it but probably wont use it.

finalcuthalo
January 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM
To be honest those marine arms look creepy. It would be better if people actualy use them if they are playing as a marine. The HEK+ update, eh whatever I'll get it but probably wont use it.

Agreed. Marine FP arms + Spartan biped = odd. Marine FP arms + Marine biped = good.

WhiteRaven
January 6th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Oh, man, those FP arms are nice. :)

Roostervier
January 7th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, this is the only rig I've seen for marine hands as well. Good job guys! And I always love a good update for HEK+.

Pred1ator
January 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
looks very original, but the handles dont look like they are holding gun that well, marines hold the pistl in one hand...not two...

demonmaster3k
January 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM
script extraction?
is really possible? can we make our own campaings now?
pinch me i'm dreaming!

Pooky
January 7th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Even if it was possible think about the sheer amount of work that has to go into creating a good Campaign. It dwarfs the scale of anything multiplayer. You need lots of good voice actors if you want to have unique and dynamic characters, you need a TON of good modelers and skinners, you need a lot of scripting knowledge and just the creative vision and skill to put it all together takes a lot even with the effort of many people. I doubt we'll ever see a truly new Campaign released for Halo CE or H2V

Meatshield007
January 7th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Um.... This may sound out of place, but.... How do you do the tag extraction thingy? >> *Shot to death*

demonmaster3k
January 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM
i am aware of the effort involved, but that;s y you assemble a team. together many people are capable of doing more than a single person on his own

(after witnessing that crap about vertigo city and the triple threat campaign, i have no desires to go after a whole sp campaign make)

but still, it is such a shame that bungie did not leave us with a library of scripts and other files to use as reference to making your own work. i guess every artist that makes a masterpiece places restrictions on his redistributable tools to prevent his work from bieng entirely transformed too easily. but y do they bother and throw us the bullshit that they support user creativity and then place restrictions as to how far you can use their tools? it's an oxymoron in itself.

I_Am_Error117
January 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/SteelIXB/marine1.jpg

just flashed back to pathways into darkness

Masterz1337
January 8th, 2007, 10:47 AM
tag scripts control how a tag is etracted, has nothing to do with HS.

An Emu
January 8th, 2007, 09:38 PM
so masterz, you are saying that hek+ uses halo's scripting language to extract tags? THATS FREAKIN BRILLIANT! its sooo simple!

Masterz1337
January 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
No, HS and the scripts used in the code of HEK+ are two differn't things. The tag scripts in HEK+ control how the meta is rebuilt into a tag. A bad tag script means the converted tag won't be identical as the raw tag that you make yourself. That is why things such as the tank don't extractproperly, because the animation scripts have errors.

Timo
January 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM
script extraction?
is really possible? can we make our own campaings now?
pinch me i'm dreaming!
I people have made working script extractors (rec0/kornman/someone), although they haven't been released.

AiRgUItaR901
January 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the updates, HEK could really use them!

FrozenBlade
January 15th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I hope Steelix gets H2 Vista when it comes out otherwise how the hell are we gonna rip tags from the singleplayer levels?

flood
March 6th, 2007, 04:48 PM
nicee that tide!!

demonmaster3k
March 6th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I hope Steelix gets H2 Vista when it comes out otherwise how the hell are we gonna rip tags from the singleplayer levels?
prometheus

MissingSpartan7
February 10th, 2009, 03:14 AM
yes, a tag extractor for halo 2 would be nice
i've tryed opening the maps and it comes up in giberish tags, that could be fixed

n00b1n8R
February 10th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I only realised how old this thread was when I saw a post by Emu.

Where is that rooster anyway?

ThePlague
February 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the arms, i'll see how they look. And also, thanks for the HEK+ update, I needed to find another one :)

Inferno
February 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM
prometheus

hahahahahahahaa aa aaa aa a aajhahaahhahhahahahahah a

Good one.

Disaster
February 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
o shit this is an old thread

Masterz1337
February 11th, 2009, 04:04 PM
This HEK+ actually may not be the most recently dated one. The most most recent version umber should be 1.0.3.0

English Mobster
February 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
This is 1.0.3.0.

So no new updates, I see. Is Steelix still around? Maybe he could fix that bug that sometimes happens with the Scorpion tags...

ShadowSpartan
February 12th, 2009, 01:09 PM
If I recall correctly from talking with Masterz, Steelix lost the HEK+ source shortly after he stopped coming around.

As for updating HEK+, I was looking into figuring out the tag conversion scripts used by HEK+ to try and fix the errors. My time is better spent working on other projects though, so I stopped.

Masterz1337
February 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
This is 1.0.3.0.

So no new updates, I see. Is Steelix still around? Maybe he could fix that bug that sometimes happens with the Scorpion tags...

Did you try HTC?

http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13762

ShadowSpartan
February 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
To be honest, I think releasing HTC was a bad idea. Sure some of the errors that people get with HEK+ will be fixed, but the scripts used by HTC are just older versions of the ones that HEK+ uses. As a result, some of the converted tags made by HTC are more than likely worse conversions than the HEK+ counterparts.

DarkHalo003
February 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
To be honest, I think releasing HTC was a bad idea. Sure some of the errors that people get with HEK+ will be fixed, but the scripts used by HTC are just older versions of the ones that HEK+ uses. As a result, some of the converted tags made by HTC are more than likely worse conversions than the HEK+ counterparts.
Could you mind also telling us which scenarios of the original campaign have different encounters compared to HEK+ ones? I played AotCR and I could hardly, if not at all, tell the difference.

Masterz1337
February 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Not all versions of HEK+ have the problem, the latest one does it fine. I use HTC to extract the scenario with the proper encounters so i can fix my corrupt ones by hand.

ShadowSpartan
February 15th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Could you mind also telling us which scenarios of the original campaign have different encounters compared to HEK+ ones? I played AotCR and I could hardly, if not at all, tell the difference.
I don't have a tag extractor that extracts them properly, but even if I did, what would be the point of telling you the errors? It's not like it would affect anything.