PDA

View Full Version : campaign mod help

ICEE
August 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
ive been modding campaign for some time now, ignoring the fact that i have a big problem to deal with.

in my campaign mods, checkpoints are extremely rare, im not sure why this is. on the halomaps forum ctrlaltdestroy told me that he believed it occurred because of an increased number of AI encounters, which seemed likely, but i recently began modding "Assualt on the Control Room" and did NOT add any new encounters. i am still having an issue with checkpoints though.

the only changes i made to aotcr were weaponry changes, and i switched some actor varients in the existing encounters. anyone who has a solution to my problem, please post

PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR PICS OF THE CAMPAIGN! its not done yet and a lot of the halo 3 weapons i am using are still in production.

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM
add more checkpoints?

ICEE
August 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM
well how would i do that?

Tweek
August 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
i used to know :/ i made a whole custom campaign.

had something to do with trigger volumes and the naming of them.

Ki11a_FTW
August 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
(game_save) ?

ICEE
August 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
i want to make it so it will be playable by anyone, without use of devcodes. trying to make something of some quality.

speaking of quality, anyone who has a fire sound tag for a spiker and will share it with me would be greatly appreciated. mine sound like assualt rifles as of the present

ShadowSpartan
August 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Wouldn't you have to add scripts to the map in order to make those work? And that isn't possible since campaign source scripts haven't been released yet.

Bastinka
August 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM

I remember that one MP map that could switch BSP's without exceptioning or anything. That was pretty cool :)

ICEE
August 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM
also, i tried putting engineers into the game, just for show really. they didnt spawn. is there some particular reason for that? (i followed all the nessesary requirements)

Masterz1337
August 8th, 2007, 09:05 PM
It has nothing to do with the amount of actors you have, I have the same problem on a10 and have had them work randomly after adding or removing a weapon.

ICEE
August 8th, 2007, 09:07 PM
yeah. i never found this issue in cmt sp v1, so you HAVE successfully done it before, how do i get around this?

Masterz1337
August 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
We never encountered the problem in spv1, in spv2 the majority of the checkpoint problems disapeared one day after I started messing with particles, leaving only A10 with problems. And yes, I'm aware that new particle bitmaps should not even fix that problem.

ICEE
August 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
great.