PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] The Ultimate Halo 3 e3 2007 Trailer Fact Sheet

Masterz1337
August 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
This was posted on bungie.net. It's super long, and points out alot of things I had missed. I know it's old, but this guy seriously put alot of work into this.

00:00:04 - 00:00:11 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene2phantome1.jpg)
- A phantom is shown flying over a peaceful waterfall. Some things to point out. The sky looks pretty fantastic, and the waterfall is much better looking than the only other waterfall we have seen up until this point (Valhalla’s) The lighting and shadows, especially how its lit through the trees is pretty impressive and the water is kind of murky. It’s not as clear as say, the water in Valhalla. The Phantom also looks pretty fantastic!

00:00:12 - 00:00:19 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/johnson.jpg)
- We see a Brute (chieftain?) roaring at a downed Marine. Some people believe this to be SGT Johnson... I thought so too but it’s kind of hard to tell! If it is could this be a rescue Sgt Johnson mission? Who knows? He's kicked in to a room that has some shattered pains of glass and what appear to be Foldable chairs. There seem to be brutes of a lower class standing guard.
FOR THOSE who need further proof its johnson...
Further proof its johnson (http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l155/andrewgaynor/sgtJ.jpg)
1st picture, J at the start, the other 2 are shots of johnson later on in the e3 trailer to prove its him in the start. same face, same skin color (though shadowed more in the dark pelican) same clothes, hat, pants.... Etc.

00:00:19 - 00:00:25 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene3glassing1.jpg)- This is the glassing scene. There’s not much I can really say about this apart from... It looks absolutely fantastic. This needs to be seen in HD!

00:00:25 - 00:00:31 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene4burningcity1.jpg) 2nd Pic (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene4burningcity2.jpg)
- The camera pans through what looks like a later level, the architecture is similar to that of the Mombassa (old and new) levels from Halo 2. First thing that caught my eye was at the very beginning of this scene. The wire mesh fence... It’s actually quite detailed on closer inspection. It seems pretty polished. An example of how the whole game will look when fully polished? The debris and dust floating through the air is pretty impressive too and the fires in the distance hint towards a losing battle for the humans. The sky really sets the mood and the smoke in the distance shows that the same thing is happening elsewhere. You really will feel like you're fighting for your survival this time. I think we'll FINALLY get to see the might of the covenant.

00:00:31 - 00:00:35
- We get our first look at the chief. This is the end of the slow intro that I guess rally doesn't show anything new. The amount of information that follows this part is vast, and a lot of the time in other posts and topics, misinterpreted or just presented by people with a total lack of knowledge on the halo universe.

00:00:31 - 00:00:35 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene5mc1stlook1.jpg)

- A phantom lands down near what appears to be the edge of a waterfall (the trees in the distance are a much lower altitude) and what first caught my eye was the fact that there are side openings on the phantoms where you can see inside, and platforms sticking out with turrets. Also you can see enemies inside the phantom if you look closely. The way the shadow falls on the surroundings is pretty damn impressive! You can see rolling hills in the background to the bottom right. And some nice clouds through the trees on the left!

00:00:35 - 00:00:36
00:00:36 - 00:00:37/b]
- A group of grunts are in the same area, having dropped out of the phantom. They are led by a Brute. The water is kind of murky and so doesn’t reflect much but the light of the sun reflecting through the trees. Each enemy is causing its own individual ripples through the water which in turn react with each other. Also in the very middle in the distance past the waterfall there appears to be what looks like the tail end of a Pelican... Though it’s hard to tell. It’s got some sort of heat coming out the back of its engines... The grunts are way more wicked looking than before. Their actually scary looking! The brute seems to be giving a charge gesture towards whatever’s ahead of them. One grunt seems to be breaking line by firing while the others seem to be sort of scurrying in a panic.
JohnnyChimpo69 points out the phantoms guns retract as it lands!!!

[b]00:00:37 - 00:00:38 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene7scene8PoundingConstructionWor.jpg)
- We see that brutes now have energy shields! Though Kyle112 would liek to pint out that this may also be new equipment wearing off, like the invincibility, or maybe even the person shield. Its a possibility, but the same seems to happen to the brute behind him when he loses his armor... Also later on another thing happens to the same brute, as well as the one using the jet pack... however that could be an electrical explosion caused by the jetpack. Could be anything. So I guess thats not really definite just yet. Thanks kyle112.... Also one is destroying the crap out of what appears to be a construction worker. If you look in the background you'll see the chief firing the assault rifle which has a beautiful firing animation. Fighting along side the chief is a construction worker with a pistol and another marine. In front of the brute that’s lifting the worker, another brute is hit and his armor falls off his arms... This at first looked like it fell off the brute holding the Construction Worker, but look closer! Another nice touch in this scene is the "god rays" coming in through the glass roof. However this build looks early. There are NO shadows been cast whatsoever... This is a running meme throughout the trailer that clearly points to a mixture of near finished material, and very old material!

00:00:38 - 00:00:39 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene8broutPounding1.jpg)
- The next scene shows a brute been well... Brutish... to a marine. Punching him in the gut in an impressive animation. To the lower right is a grunt and just look at the great example of the HDR lighting coming through them branches and leaves! And highlighting the shiny new armor of the brutes!

00:00:39 - 00:00:41 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene9OnMongooseColision2.jpg)
- In this scene we see heavily armed marines and MC getting on Mongeese (plural!) and riding off... if you watch till the last second before it cuts it actually looks like whoever was controlling the master chief, is about to collide with the other goose :P We see our first example of rain here... However it is possible that this is placeholder rain. Also it appears to be in a similar place to the Traxus warehouse building, only notice the shadow and lighting effects this time around? Much more moody and atmospheric. Much more polished and finished than that earlier snippet. The light off the geese hitting the ground and glaring in front of the camera looks pretty tight too!

00:00:41 - 00:00:42 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene10ArbyMcbackView2.jpg)
- We see our first glimpse of the Arbiter in this trailer. He's holding a turret along side the chief, with a brute shot on standby. He has no shadow though... But the master chief does... and nothing else bar a little yellow truck thing, is casting a shadow. Again this seems to be from an early build of the Traxus warehouse place.

00:00:42 - 00:00:42 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene10ArbyMcFrontView2.jpg)
- The camera switches to the front, only certain things seem to have shadows cast. It still seems like an early build....especially since the arbiter’s turret is pointing down but his bullets are firing in a totally different direction. This definitely isn't finished or recent! However the real-time reflections are definitely in on the chief’s model!

00:00:42 - 00:00:45 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene12ArbyMcE32006CoveGun2.jpg)
(different angle) (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene12ArbyMcE32006Longswords1.jpg)
– We are shown the scene from the Announcement trailer. A lot of people complain about how it’s totally different from the one shown at e3 2006 last year. But anyone who used their head would know that that scene wasn’t taken from the game itself, rather made specifically for the purpose of the announcement, showing the ark, showing it been opened, showing the chief, the graphics, etc. Much like the halo 2 Announcement, the scene differed GREATLY in the game, but was somewhat similar. This time around we see a Covenant Anti-air Gun emplacement in the background (i originally thought it was a scarab but thanks to Blaky039 for pointing out it was a covenant anti-air gun we see later on) in the background (Piloted to get there?) And also the arbiter, Human vehicles fly overhead (been a while since I studied my Halo-Lore so I forget their names) and flying towards the covenant armada. Could lead up to an amazing fire-fight scene? We also see smoke and destruction in the distance all around! And explosions in the air of an ever ongoing battle. There are communication towers in the background. The kind that send out radio signals and the like. In fact they closely resemble modern day ones, and remind me of the ones you see around Dublin city (That’s were I live btw). You can see the ark in the chiefs visor also the arbiter has a glowing symbol on his shoulder… I don’t think the arbiter ever had that, but it’s the same symbol as the grav lift equipment. Also the Prophets Forerunner ship that powered High Charity from the end of halo 2 that the chiefs on board is not present on top of the ark in this scene… However you do see it later on. More on that in a while.

00:00:45 – 00:00:46 (http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene13McShottyVsBruteHammer1.jpg)
– The lighting in this scene seems to be form a later build. We see dead lower ranked brutes and a higher ranking brute leaping at the chief with a brute hammer while he fends him off with a shotgun. As the brute dies he drops his hammer. Leading people to believe you can use it. And also a reporter claims he saw a Spartan with a brute hammer during the saved films demo shown at e3 behind closed doors. However I for one am not jumping to conclusions. The elites dropped swords in halo 1 that you couldn’t use. So don’t jump the boat just yet folks.

00:00:46 – 00:00:48
– We see a level that looks like its set just before the area in the announcement trailer. We see the destroyed orbital space lift (is that what their called? I forgot…). Judging by the broken concrete tunnels (the kind they use for sewers or underground cables) this is something we’ve seen before in the et tu brute video. Only what we saw then was untextured alpha footage. We see two brutes using jetpacks here that fly up and the chief pulls out his sniper rifle. Now I don’t normally use sniper rifles in games. Frankly my aiming isn’t that precise. But I believe the detail of the scope when zoomed in is new from what was seen at the beta? I might be wrong but did it always have “DIST” and “ELEV” written on it…. With numbers down the middle and what not? Correct me if I’m wrong please. When he shoots the brute his helmet disappears (could be an early build as this doesn’t happen in other scenes) and he also drops what looks to be new equipment. Could be the radar jammer. However if this scene is taken from an early build, it could very well be an early bubble shield… Remember the one that rolled down hills and stuff??

00:00:48 – 00:00:49
– This next scene has caused A LOT of controversy… The “fourth” grenade that shows up. We’ve seen it before in one of the ViDocs. The one that came out after the “Starry Night” CG trailer when we first saw the Bubble Shield. Its icon looked similar to what was thrown down, so people back then assumed the bubble shield was a fourth grenade… Back before we were introduced to equipment. Now people are saying that since then equipment has been put below grenades instead of been a fourth slot. However in case you didn’t notice… The HUD is the NEW HUD! The final one, so this is a recent build. Beyond the beta. This isn’t the “old bubble shield symbol” and even if it was… Why would it have a number beside it when you can only pick up one anyway? It most definitely is a new and fourth grenade. I strongly believe that. It can’t be that old since the graphics in this scene are pretty far ahead. And bungie have mentioned that equipment has been around since the beginning of halo 3. And that a lot of equipment in the beta was combinations of older equipment that did separate things, like the energy drain, which are now combined. For example there used to be equipment that drained shields and one that stopped vehicles, and then both were combined into an energy drainer. So there’s no way this is an old build showing the bubble shield. That is a fourth grenade and I hope this clears up A LOT of confusion caused around these boards. It was partly the confusion over that scene that caused me to make this topic. Because 50 pages was just too much to read through! Another thing to point out here is when Master Chief kills the brute the brutes hand is still stuck on firing it. A nice touch I remember from halo 1, but don’t remember seeing too much in Halo 2.

*edit* Also a brute in the background has an orange glowing thing in his hand.. could be a weapon like the plasma pistol chargin up... Might even be a brute plasma pistol... Kindal ike the brute plasma rifle... The brute plasma rifle looks like it might have been scrapped anyways. So this might not be likely. Who knows? Any thoughts?

00:00:49 – 00:00:50
– During this timeframe we see the chief in a warthog with a sniper rifle, a marine with a Fuel Rod Cannon (I don’t think you could give this to them in Halo 2?) and a marine manning the turret on the background. As I stated earlier you can see the Prophets Forerunner ship on the ark. Clearly this is some sort of key. And in the distance is a UFO looking ship, it looks kind of like them plastic spinners or Draedals (sp?). However the two white lights on the middle seem to be engines. So this could very well be a Covenant ship from the front or back. Especially from the shape, the way it curves out at the back. Or even a UNSC Fleet ship we’ve never seen before much like In Amber Clad or The Pillar of Autumn. We also see a wraith tank getting ready to fire on the Warthog.

00:00:50 – 00:00:51
– In the next scene we see Master Chief lay down fire by a fallen marine against a Wraith tank hovering over a river.(My mistake, this was a Phantom. Thanks to Hal0 Dud3 for letting me know!) It makes some nice splashing effects at the front as it hits the water, and even more as it’s blown up by our Hero. He’s got a battle Rifle on his back and a Brute shot at the ready when he drops that Turret. Also there seems to be a no fishing sign on the wall. There’s some nice rain clouds in the sky too, perhaps foreshadowing the rain we saw earlier. And judging by the radar the chief has some allies to the left within 25m. The MC model here looks a lot more polished than it does in some scenes we’ve seen, Again just going to prove that a lot of the footage is a mixture of old stuff, new stuff, and somewhere in between.

00:00:51 – 00:00:52
– By the time this scene starts MC has already stuck this brute with a Plasma Grenade. He gives off a nice angry “OMG” animation here and when he blows up there’s a beautiful glaring white explosion surrounded by blue, as it eases off there’s some lovely plasma particle effects that I fell in love with during the beta! The blast makes some nearby barrels take flight and tumble. You can see sparks coming off wires in the distance and also it’s nice to see the AI react. One of the brutes near the blast turns to flee the ensuing explosion and perhaps find a better place to attack from.

00:00:53 – 00:00:54
– Not much to really comment on here. Just the MC pulling off a move introduced in halo 2. Boarding a tank and hitting it till it blows up. It seems that this area is close to the ark, judging by the terrain in the distance. Also I should point out the Brutes blood. You can see it in earlier scenes but I just remembered how some people say its red now… This is pretty false… Its still that maroon/purply color it always was (I think that’s how it always was?)

00:00:54 – 00:00:55
– Here we see Master Chief firing a turret. It seems to be from an old build like the other Traxus warehouse areas. A dead brute can be also seen lying on the ground face down.

00:00:55 – 00:00:57
– The next scene is another scene that has gotten a lot of theories and OMG HUNTERZ FIGHT WITH YOU! From lot of people in the sticky thread. Another reason for making this topic. It might clear some things up. First it’s a covenant civil war. The elites are a proud race, so all elites will fight with humans. However the hunters and the grunts are different. There is a chance some hunters will fight with you. However it doesn’t appear that these hunters are. And where people got that conclusion from I do not know? Someone was as happy as me to see cinder blocks! They always get great approval when in games for some reason :P A rocket is fired at the hunters and the get blow’d up! Now I’ve only ever seen ONE person point this out so far, but I noticed it too and was surprised not many people did. The spikes, on the hunters back get blown off with the explosion. I was very impressed with that! The cinder blocks also get blown away by the blast! But remain intact. I wonder if their destructible at all?

00:00:57 – 00:00:59
– The next scene seems to be in a human structure built into a cavern. Stairs, Battle shields with gun slots, Cinder Blocks, Crates of various sizes and a Mesh Fence. We see the Buggers, or drones, for the first time in Halo 3. One is picking up a marine. This is very cool. Let’s hope it happens more often than been boarded by a drone in halo 2. It took me an hour to show a friend that drones can actually land on yr Ghost and kick you out. It then cuts to a first person view with the chief not firing, obviously to show off what’s going on to us, the fans. Again you can see the Fourth Grenade. There is again, only one. But why number something you can only pick up one of? And it is on the post-beta HUD. Definitely not early stuff.

00:00:59 – 00:01:00
– We see the chief board the back of a mongoose, with a marine at the wheel. As he approaches it the back wheels are sticking in to the ground, and pop out of place as he boards it. Obviously little things like that are unpolished and may or may not be fixed come Sep 25th. But will it REALLY affect yr total outlook or view of the game? The sky as usual is looking nice and the structure in the background seems to be a building we’ve seen the inside of in earlier scenes.

00:01:00 – 00:01:02
– We see another shot of the chief on the mongoose with a rocket launcher, however it’s not the same mongoose; it might have been recorded from a different game, as the drivers different. Graphically that ghost coming towards him looks amazing, and as he shoots it with the rocket its pretty impressive stuff. We see plasma explosions mixed with rocket explosions as the ghost is destroyed and the grunt pilot flies off. Also on the inside of the mongoose the little blue map of the vehicle flashes red as they take damage from the nearby explosion. A small, but nice touch ;) Also in the top right, it’s hard to see from the glare of the sky, but you can see two banshees flying towards some sort of floating structure, or ship. An example of those distant air battles Frankie talked about. The ones where you could blow them up if you wanted, but it’s probably not necessary: P

00:01:01 – 00:01:03
– This next scene is another one that’s gotten a lot of false information and controversy. Firstly, this is definitely early early footage. The vehicle in the background (I think its supposed to be an Albatross… but could be a pelican too) Is not very detailed, in fact the textures look like halo 2 textures, the same could be said for Miranda, her textures look identical to her ones form halo 2. However these are definitely place holder. She appears to be on a forerunner structure. This could be early in the game, while she makes an escape from wherever she is to get back to earth. Another bit of false speculation going around is that the arm in the bottom left belongs to a flood form. Firstly, why would Miranda try hold off flood form at gun point? They’d just attack anyways. It’s just a brute with its battle armor knocked off. People really got to stop jumping on to these forums without analyzing things first. The architecture in this is definitely Forerunner-ish. No doubt about that.

00:01:03 – 00:01:05
– Here we see a UNSC Interceptor (is that what their called? I really forget!) crashing to the ground. In the distance we can see what LOOKS like a Mac cannon in the sky, could be just a UNSC ship though, and some distant and close banshees firing at things. This also seems to be close to the ark, and we can see those ever present Rain clouds grow larger in the distance. We also see a covenant gun emplacement in the distance where the ship is crashing. It looks like the ones from the halo 2 demo from e3 2003. For some reason one of the distant banshee’s blows up without taking any damage… I hope the distant dogfights aren’t like this in the final game. But if they are I can live with that.

00:01:05 – 00:01:07
– In this scene we see Cortana in pain! It’s also our first time seeing Cortana since the announcement trailer. As many a horny gamer pointed out, her Breasts jiggle. Well done lads! Thanks for pointing that out… *raises eyes*. The structure of the area their in is very Covenant in design. Could be a covenant ship on the way to high charity to get her, or could be on High Charity itself! We also see 343 Guilty Spark and an elite in the background. Some think this is Half Jaw… but there’s really no way to tell. We see the chief lean in closer, and his model here looks amazing. Very polished. Could be finished. Same for the arbiter. Also Cortana has hologram lines going through her. This would make sense :P Since that’s basically what her physical form is.

00:01:07 – 00:01:08
– In this next scene we see a fleet of unsc ships opening fire over a huge crater, this must be close to the ark. Perhaps a cut scene of a last stand between the humans and the covenant over the ark. You can see hot red rock around where the arks circumference is when it’s closed. And the sky is getting darker. Them same rain clouds from earlier.

00:01:08 – 00:01:09
– We see the master chief and arbiter standing at the edge of a cliff near the Ark. The arbiter lets out a cry and the master chief looks to him. Something bad is definitely going down.

00:01:09 – 00:01:10
– A brute chieftain runs towards the camera with a brute hammer (What’s the technical name for them again? And it’s not the hammer of rukt (sp?) that was Tartarus’ hammer). That’s it basically… Nothing we haven’t seen already.

00:01:10 – 00:01:11
– In this next scene its just the MC running towards the camera firing, but the detail and shadows and colors here are immensely better than a lot of the stuff seen. Again just going to show how this IS a mixture of old and new build footage. Notice how the tree’s cast a light shadow but as MC’s shadow mixes with it the bits get darker. One person I saw comment on this said, and I kind of quote… “OMG! MASTER CHIEF IS CHASING YOU! SO IF YR NOT MC?! WHO ARE YOU PLAYING AS!”. Now going from his blatant use of Caps, and OMG… I’m assuming he was been sarcastic and making a joke. But if he wasn’t then… then I don’t know what to say.

00:01:11 – 00:01:12
– We now see the master chief running towards a brute. The brute is taking fire from elsewhere and the master chief runs up and knocks out his shields and his plated armor in one melee attack. The brute reacts to the force of the attack but definitely survives it. Other things to point out is the phantom with its new side platforms with manable turrets in the distance, a few grunts, and in the back to the right, a jackal cowering behind his shield, gun in his let hand.(I think that’s his gun, could be just a faint light in the background. There’s definitely another jackal behind him as you can see the bottom of another shield behind that yellow structure. Also there seems to be a weird shaped building, or a ship behind the phantom.

Also you can see a new eqipment type. Thanks to Revolutionist 1, ACraftyCharacter and Oran0s for pointing this out! Could be the radar jammer? Could be somethign ENTIRELY new. Guess we'll find out on september 25th... Or maybe in the next EGM. Who knows?

00:01:12 – 00:01:13 –
The MC boards a Brute Chopper and Chuck Norris Round house kicks him off. Chiefs got a FR cannon on his back.

00:01:13 – 00:01:14
– Another chieftain foolishly tries to take out the chief, while he’s holding a rocket launcher. Tsk tsk… Bad idea Brute. This seems to be in a similar place as the same area we see the brute chieftain kick a marine (possibly sgt J) at the start of the trailer. You can see a green arrow in the bottom of the screen. This is of course, pointing out where the arbiter is. The explosion off the blast is immense and white up most of the screen. To the left of the screen you can see a hologram of a prophet. Looks like Truth to me. And possibly more propaganda… Truth my ass!

00:01:14 – 00:01:15
– We’re brought back to the same waterfall we saw the brutes, grunts, and phantom at from the start. Only this time its one brute… And he’s on his own. So he deploys a bubble shield. He has a nice throwing animation which hopefully we’ll see in multiplayer, and also the bubble shields projector has a nice rotating animation, something I don’t remember been in the beta. You can see a mountain in the distance. Possibly Kilimanjaro? Also theirs a phantom in case you missed that ;)

00:01:15 – 00:01:16
– The master chief loads the new/old pistol and fires a shot off. No it’s not the halo 1 pistol in terms of power, its weaker, has a smaller clip, and no zoom. But it’s definitely much better than the halo 2 pistol… which was then made even weaker for some reason on an update. The RT reflections in his visor are impressive to me anyways. The arbiter is firing a battle rifle and there are two marines in the background. You can also see a gun rack in the background with what appear to be battle rifles!

00:01:16 – 00:01:17
– We see the pistol in FP and a dead jackal flying into a wall to the right from a plasma nade explosion… And for some reason the explosion sets off some other plasma nades that are lying unused on the ground. My guess is explosions can set off chain reactions… however there’s some delay between explosions. So there may be other reasons. Also a pattern of hexagons show up as you take damage. A nice touch!

00:01:17 – 00:01:18
– We see the MC go against a brute in a bubble shield, both wielding brute shots, The brute has already lost his shield and the mc goes in for a final blow! One thing I think is hilarious is the expression on the brutes face as he dies. Pause it JUST as the mc has backed off and pulls down his brute shot to reveal the dying brutes face. Looks like he’s laughing his ass off! :D

00:01:19 – 00:01:20
– We see a return of the halo 1 covenant turrets here… they may be a new version though. Not sure. Shades I think they were called. This time their red, you can see one to the top left on a hill, and another to the right. You’ll see that firing when the camera angle shifts. That bridge in the background leading to a tunnel, we’ve seen it before. You see a shot of a warthog driving out of it and on to the bridge during one of the ViDocs… Think it’s the Multiplayer ViDoc. Anyways the damage on the warthog’s glass here is impressive and highly detailed. Weather it’s just a “stage” of damage or if individual bullet holes can be made in it is unclear. The run by in this scene is pretty simple. Warthog does a huge jump from somewhere, flips, gets hit by chopper, gets blown up by one of the wraiths and master chief just narrowly escapes the explosion and the speeding Brute Chopper. Covenant Shades (That’s what I’m calling those turrets for now) are seen firing at the hog/chief just as it’s blown up.

00:01:20 – 00:01:23
– We see a pelican in space, over a bunch of wispy clouds. Inside the pelican is a pilot, the master chief and of course sgt Johnson.

0:01:23 – 00:01:25
– We’re now brought inside the pelican, showing what people think is earth, and others have called another halo. Let me clear this up. This is NOT a halo structure. At least not one as we know it… The ring looking shape doesn’t go all the way up. In fact it ends with two points on each side, like horns, also it sort of goes in as it goes up. There’s also a weird long structure going along the surface. This is NOT a Halo. And its NOT earth. It’s definitely a Forerunner Super Structure like the Halo’s however.

00:01:25 – 00:01:28
– We see a pelican come spiraling out the bottom of a Covenant ship as other pelicans and covenant ships battle it out. I don’t think this is the same pelican as the one we saw the chief in… or if it is then it’s not from the same scene, since the way they come out is completely different to the hovering pelican the chief was in. Anyways, it flies towards another covenant ship and we get another look at this new forerunner super structure, it seems to have another one of them weird angles protruding from it, again this ISN’T a Halo ring. At least not like anyone we’ve ever seen before. There is a lot of mystery behind this place but please I don’t ant to see anyone call it a Halo. Or earth. The structures on the surface of this thing are also very forerunner-ish in shape. They seem to be all constructed to make visible symbols from space.

00:01:28 – 00:01:30
– We see the master chief firing towards a Scarab with the Missile Pod.(My mistake, this was a Phantom. Thanks to Hal0 Dud3 for letting me know!) One thing that strikes me as odd here is the Missile Pods lock on target is in the top left of the screen… nowhere in the scarab? It also disappears when his reticule goes blue… Obviously this sort of thing will be fixed come release. Two ghosts rocket away as he fires and huge chunks of the scarab come flying off!

00:01:30 – 00:01:31
– We see a brute firing at a pelican Manned by Sergeant Johnson. If you look to the area that would be behind the big rock that’s in front of him, that’s were we saw the no fishing sign earlier on as the chief fired on a wraith. The pelican is also taken fire from the right off screen.

00:01:31 – 00:01:32
– The action shifts to a different angle and we see a close up of Sergeant Johnson firing the turret!

00:01:32 – 00:01:33
- Once again the angle shifts and we see Banshees making their way in for an attack further up the river.

00:01:33 – 00:01:33
– We see more pelicans arrive on scene as the chief tries to take out the ghosts with a turret.

00:01:33 – 00:01:34
– One of the pelicans takes a major hit and starts to crash.

00:01:34 – 00:01:36
– This is one of my favorite scenes. The chief just looks so bad ass behind that big chopper! In fact I’d love to see orange county choppers make something like this (two wheeled obviously :P). Graphics here are impressive, especially how the ground just whizzes past around it.

00:01:36 – 00:01:37
– Next up we see some marine’s fire at a phantom going overhead. This seems to be similar to the scene form the start with the brutes and grunt below the Phantom near the waterfall… Because that second phantom in the background seems to be in a similar area. There’s a brute and some grunts firing at something below. And some more grunts in the very very far off distance!

00:01:37 – 00:01:38
– This next bit, I’m not sure if many of you remember, is something that didn’t make it in to halo 2. There were some early renders of different warthog types. Some for transport, some with camouflage, and one that had snow tracks! We see a lot in this one. Firstly the troops in the transport in the back, then we see the all too familiar covenant sniper towers from halo 2. Also what appears to be a shield door in the background… I could be wrong on that one though.

00:01:38 – 00:01:41
– This next scene has a lot of people talking. But here’s my take on it. Arbiter says something that offends the master chief, He pushes a marine out of the way and forces a gun to his head. Says something like “I could kill you right now if I wanted to” and I’m sure the arbiter would say something like “If you kill me then you’ll have both the covenant and the elites on your back”. Not those words exactly but something along those lines you know? Also another reason for this could be that this is the master chief’s first encounter with the arbiter since halo 2 and might not be sure of which side he’s on.

00:01:41 – 00:01:42
– There’s A LOT going on in this scene. There’s three warthogs below the scarab… rockets come out of two of them… now either they have rocket turrets on the back… or the passengers themselves have rockets, also its hard to tell if one of them is a mongoose or not. You can see a brute shot fall from the scarab too towards the warthogs. There’s three banshees fighting an unknown ship in the sky, however this could very easily just be another one of those distant firefights that happen to be a little closer than usual. You can also see a covenant ship in the background over the ark.

00:01:42 – 00:01:43
– We see the MC firing a rocket at the scarab. From here we can see the scarab has vastly improved in design since halo 2. It now has multiple levels, rather than the one roofed level that led in to a cockpit area like in halo 2. It has three levels from what I can tell. The top one with the turret and entrance to the -blam!- pit. A middle one around the sides. And a lower exit at the back that has turrets and could easily house ghosts or banshees! Again we can see the green arrow showing us were the arbiter is… On top of the scarab to be exact :P

00:01:43 – 00:01:44
– We switch to the top of the scarab now and see the arbiter firing a new weapon at a brute and some grunts. A spike grenade goes off in his face.

00:01:44 – 00:01:44
– The master chief takes out what appears to be the engine or core of the scarab with some duel spikers.

00:01:44 – 00:01:45
– The master chief jumps off the scarab as it’s about to blow up

00:01:45 – 00:01:47
– As the master chief flees the now exploding scarab you can see his shields taken damage… This isn’t a cut scene… this is game play. You blow the scarab up yourself, not in a cut scene like in halo 2. Also remember those ever growing dark clouds I mentioned? Well check out the ark… There are now even more covenant ships over it, as well as thunder storms and is that rain? Yep! That’s rain… Whatever’s going down at the ark its pretty bad.

00:01:47 – 00:01:50
– Darkness…

00:01:50 – 00:01:52
– Whatever the ark did… it’s done it by this scene… we can see its open.. There’s a ring of smoke around it and the sky is clearing. Its now night time. The covenant seem to be leaving the at this point, and whoever’s on that pelican was up there with them…Which leads me to think that maybe these covenant ships are manned by elites? Elites that are with the UNSC… Maybe… I could be wrong… That’s just something that came to me now. I’m not convinced on it though.

I’m not going to bother time framing the rest since its pretty self explanatory.

Master Chief is back on High Charity ( I originaly typed Delta Halo.. But I meant High Charity...) as you can tell by his surroundings looking at a pedestal, similar to the one we see Cortana on at the end of the credits in halo 2.(As you can see, I meant High Charity, not delta halo, by saying its the same as the place at theend of halo 2... :P Sorry for any confusion I caused. I feel Like an idiot... Thats what typing this much does to you ;) ) Whatever’s going on it doesn’t look good.

Then there’s the hidden message at the end of the logo disappearing… frankly I can see why you’d think there’s one, but it just seems too random to actually make up a message. Also those who claim they HEAR Cortana… Your mind is playing tricks with you ;)

Thanks to anyone who actually read Through all this. Please let me know of anything I might have missed or got wrong… And sorry for any spelling errors. I think this is better than wading through 50 pages of repeated posts though don’t you?

Later folks.

[Edited on 07.20.2007 11:31 AM PDT]

00:01:17 – 00:01:18
– We see the MC go against a brute in a bubble shield, both wielding brute shots, The brute has already lost his shield and the mc goes in for a final blow! One thing I think is hilarious is the expression on the brutes face as he dies. Pause it JUST as the mc has backed off and pulls down his brute shot to reveal the dying brutes face. Looks like he’s laughing his ass off! :D

00:01:19 – 00:01:20
– We see a return of the halo 1 covenant turrets here… they may be a new version though. Not sure. Shades I think they were called. This time their red, you can see one to the top left on a hill, and another to the right. You’ll see that firing when the camera angle shifts. That bridge in the background leading to a tunnel, we’ve seen it before. You see a shot of a warthog driving out of it and on to the bridge during one of the ViDocs… Think it’s the Multiplayer ViDoc. Anyways the damage on the warthog’s glass here is impressive and highly detailed. Weather it’s just a “stage” of damage or if individual bullet holes can be made in it is unclear. The run by in this scene is pretty simple. Warthog does a huge jump from somewhere, flips, gets hit by chopper, gets blown up by one of the wraiths and master chief just narrowly escapes the explosion and the speeding Brute Chopper. Covenant Shades (That’s what I’m calling those turrets for now) are seen firing at the hog/chief just as it’s blown up.

00:01:20 – 00:01:23
– We see a pelican in space, over a bunch of wispy clouds. Inside the pelican is a pilot, the master chief and of course sgt Johnson.

0:01:23 – 00:01:25
– We’re now brought inside the pelican, showing what people think is earth, and others have called another halo. Let me clear this up. This is NOT a halo structure. At least not one as we know it… The ring looking shape doesn’t go all the way up. In fact it ends with two points on each side, like horns, also it sort of goes in as it goes up. There’s also a weird long structure going along the surface. This is NOT a Halo. And its NOT earth. It’s definitely a Forerunner Super Structure like the Halo’s however.

00:01:25 – 00:01:28
– We see a pelican come spiraling out the bottom of a Covenant ship as other pelicans and covenant ships battle it out. I don’t think this is the same pelican as the one we saw the chief in… or if it is then it’s not from the same scene, since the way they come out is completely different to the hovering pelican the chief was in. Anyways, it flies towards another covenant ship and we get another look at this new forerunner super structure, it seems to have another one of them weird angles protruding from it, again this ISN’T a Halo ring. At least not like anyone we’ve ever seen before. There is a lot of mystery behind this place but please I don’t ant to see anyone call it a Halo. Or earth. The structures on the surface of this thing are also very forerunner-ish in shape. They seem to be all constructed to make visible symbols from space.

00:01:28 – 00:01:30
– We see the master chief firing towards a Scarab with the Missile Pod.(My mistake, this was a Phantom. Thanks to Hal0 Dud3 for letting me know!) One thing that strikes me as odd here is the Missile Pods lock on target is in the top left of the screen… nowhere in the scarab? It also disappears when his reticule goes blue… Obviously this sort of thing will be fixed come release. Two ghosts rocket away as he fires and huge chunks of the scarab come flying off!

00:01:30 – 00:01:31
– We see a brute firing at a pelican Manned by Sergeant Johnson. If you look to the area that would be behind the big rock that’s in front of him, that’s were we saw the no fishing sign earlier on as the chief fired on a wraith. The pelican is also taken fire from the right off screen.

00:01:31 – 00:01:32
– The action shifts to a different angle and we see a close up of Sergeant Johnson firing the turret!

00:01:32 – 00:01:33
- Once again the angle shifts and we see Banshees making their way in for an attack further up the river.

00:01:33 – 00:01:33
– We see more pelicans arrive on scene as the chief tries to take out the ghosts with a turret.

00:01:33 – 00:01:34
– One of the pelicans takes a major hit and starts to crash.

00:01:34 – 00:01:36
– This is one of my favorite scenes. The chief just looks so bad ass behind that big chopper! In fact I’d love to see orange county choppers make something like this (two wheeled obviously :P). Graphics here are impressive, especially how the ground just whizzes past around it.

00:01:36 – 00:01:37
– Next up we see some marine’s fire at a phantom going overhead. This seems to be similar to the scene form the start with the brutes and grunt below the Phantom near the waterfall… Because that second phantom in the background seems to be in a similar area. There’s a brute and some grunts firing at something below. And some more grunts in the very very far off distance!

00:01:37 – 00:01:38
– This next bit, I’m not sure if many of you remember, is something that didn’t make it in to halo 2. There were some early renders of different warthog types. Some for transport, some with camouflage, and one that had snow tracks! We see a lot in this one. Firstly the troops in the transport in the back, then we see the all too familiar covenant sniper towers from halo 2. Also what appears to be a shield door in the background… I could be wrong on that one though.

00:01:38 – 00:01:41
– This next scene has a lot of people talking. But here’s my take on it. Arbiter says something that offends the master chief, He pushes a marine out of the way and forces a gun to his head. Says something like “I could kill you right now if I wanted to” and I’m sure the arbiter would say something like “If you kill me then you’ll have both the covenant and the elites on your back”. Not those words exactly but something along those lines you know? Also another reason for this could be that this is the master chief’s first encounter with the arbiter since halo 2 and might not be sure of which side he’s on.

00:01:41 – 00:01:42
– There’s A LOT going on in this scene. There’s three warthogs below the scarab… rockets come out of two of them… now either they have rocket turrets on the back… or the passengers themselves have rockets, also its hard to tell if one of them is a mongoose or not. You can see a brute shot fall from the scarab too towards the warthogs. There’s three banshees fighting an unknown ship in the sky, however this could very easily just be another one of those distant firefights that happen to be a little closer than usual. You can also see a covenant ship in the background over the ark.

00:01:42 – 00:01:43
– We see the MC firing a rocket at the scarab. From here we can see the scarab has vastly improved in design since halo 2. It now has multiple levels, rather than the one roofed level that led in to a cockpit area like in halo 2. It has three levels from what I can tell. The top one with the turret and entrance to the -blam!- pit. A middle one around the sides. And a lower exit at the back that has turrets and could easily house ghosts or banshees! Again we can see the green arrow showing us were the arbiter is… On top of the scarab to be exact :P

00:01:43 – 00:01:44
– We switch to the top of the scarab now and see the arbiter firing a new weapon at a brute and some grunts. A spike grenade goes off in his face.

00:01:44 – 00:01:44
– The master chief takes out what appears to be the engine or core of the scarab with some duel spikers.

00:01:44 – 00:01:45
– The master chief jumps off the scarab as it’s about to blow up

00:01:45 – 00:01:47
– As the master chief flees the now exploding scarab you can see his shields taken damage… This isn’t a cut scene… this is game play. You blow the scarab up yourself, not in a cut scene like in halo 2. Also remember those ever growing dark clouds I mentioned? Well check out the ark… There are now even more covenant ships over it, as well as thunder storms and is that rain? Yep! That’s rain… Whatever’s going down at the ark its pretty bad.

00:01:47 – 00:01:50
– Darkness…

00:01:50 – 00:01:52
– Whatever the ark did… it’s done it by this scene… we can see its open.. There’s a ring of smoke around it and the sky is clearing. Its now night time. The covenant seem to be leaving the at this point, and whoever’s on that pelican was up there with them…Which leads me to think that maybe these covenant ships are manned by elites? Elites that are with the UNSC… Maybe… I could be wrong… That’s just something that came to me now. I’m not convinced on it though.

I’m not going to bother time framing the rest since its pretty self explanatory.

Master Chief is back on High Charity ( I originaly typed Delta Halo.. But I meant High Charity...) as you can tell by his surroundings looking at a pedestal, similar to the one we see Cortana on at the end of the credits in halo 2.(As you can see, I meant High Charity, not delta halo, by saying its the same as the place at theend of halo 2... :P Sorry for any confusion I caused. I feel Like an idiot... Thats what typing this much does to you ;) ) Whatever’s going on it doesn’t look good.

Then there’s the hidden message at the end of the logo disappearing… frankly I can see why you’d think there’s one, but it just seems too random to actually make up a message. Also those who claim they HEAR Cortana… Your mind is playing tricks with you ;)

Thanks to anyone who actually read Through all this. Please let me know of anything I might have missed or got wrong… And sorry for any spelling errors. I think this is better than wading through 50 pages of repeated posts though don’t you?

Later folks.

Stealth
August 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I must say masterz, nice find here.

ImSpartacus
August 10th, 2007, 05:50 PM
holy crapsiccles, isnt that a giant list is stuff.

i like how the author capitalized 'breasts'.

i didnt notice a lot of that stuff before.

Stealth
August 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM
you know something, every time I watch the trailer, I wonder if there is Breast physics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrOM0gQJvE) in Halo 3.

Kornman00
August 11th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry, but that brute was NOT kicking johnson. How can you say that marine's skin was the same tone? Fools.

And that structure we see if the AR symbol I'm pretty sure is either Alpha Halo (as its in pieces) or Cortana blew up Delta Halo and not it too is in pieces and we're going back to get Cortana.

StankBacon
August 11th, 2007, 03:42 AM
you know something, every time I watch the trailer, I wonder if there is Breast physics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrOM0gQJvE) in Halo 3.

lmfao, that video is funny.

Stealth
August 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I'm sorry, but that brute was NOT kicking johnson. How can you say that marine's skin was the same tone? Fools.

And that structure we see if the AR symbol I'm pretty sure is either Alpha Halo (as its in pieces) or Cortana blew up Delta Halo and not it too is in pieces and we're going back to get Cortana.
agreed, that was not johnson, johnson is black, not white.

lmfao, that video is funny.
heh thanks.

sdavis117
August 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
The brute hammer is called the Gravity Hammer.

Dole
August 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I do see the real-time reflections that he described, but I still think the reflections looked better over the brazen gold-plated visor from E3 '06 instead of the gross orange-yellow that we're currently seeing.

I also saw the Seraph he referenced too, also. I'm hoping we'll be seeing more of that soon. :-D

leorimolo
August 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
He forgot to say that there is penis in that trailer

Veegie
August 11th, 2007, 11:57 PM
That'd be wrong.

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Then what is it?

Veegie
August 12th, 2007, 12:04 AM
It's a piece of armor, as confirmed by Bungie.

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM
In the BWU, Podcast, forum response, or elsewhere? If one of the two latter, link please.

Veegie
August 12th, 2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=135388&postcount=38
Max==Max Dyckhoff

Con
August 12th, 2007, 12:58 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene8broutPounding1.jpg

Looks like Johnson, amirite?

Tholozor
August 13th, 2007, 04:47 PM
The name of the human ships flying towards the Ark and the one that crashed are called Longswords.

Kornman00
August 13th, 2007, 05:42 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/VickSr/scene8broutPounding1.jpg

Looks like Johnson, amirite?
Too far to even make out the exact color of his skin

sdavis117
August 14th, 2007, 02:29 PM
The name of the human ships flying towards the Ark and the one that crashed are called Longswords.
The ones flying towards the Ark are actually the new Shortswords.

Dole
August 14th, 2007, 10:55 PM
No. Even though we've heard that the Shortsword was going to be flying around in unreachable overhead AI dogfights, that doesn't mean we won't see the Longsword also.

Warsaw
August 14th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I suppose we'll see lances and quarter-staffs flying around as well...:rolleyes:.