PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem that ive never had with a map

meepster
August 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1043/weaponfk5.jpg

Thats what I get when I try and compile my map. I made a structre and merged it with my level then skinned it. That worked fine. THEN i did the same thing but with another model. This time i named it the same material as the model i added before (They were not literally contected to the skybox, just linked), then i skinned it. it gave me that error

Btw thats just an example pic i used froom b4

OmegaDragon
August 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Make sure that ALL of your triangles have a texture.

meepster
August 11th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Ill take that and try it. But also,is that usually what the error means/?

Ki11a_FTW
August 12th, 2007, 12:01 AM
make sure EVERYTHING is in the multisub object

Bastinka
August 12th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Ill take that and try it. But also,is that usually what the error means/?
No, if you read one of the lines it says material index>=0 basically saying something doesn't have a texture applied to it. The word material gives it away.

Gamerkd16
August 12th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Actually, doesn't that error mean that there is sphere in the model somewhere? I believe you can't have a sphere in your model that has an amount of segments larger than 15. Or some number like that. Would this be it?

p0lar_bear
August 12th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Actually, doesn't that error mean that there is sphere in the model somewhere? I believe you can't have a sphere in your model that has an amount of segments larger than 15. Or some number like that. Would this be it?No, this is a material-based error; his geometry export has faces that reference invalid MatIDs.

And I don't know where you heard that from; sounds like a load of crock.