PDA

View Full Version : Lights in your bsp problem

Nimverus
August 12th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Ok I am trying to put lights in my map like the beam tower in cmt icy swamps , when im done compiling to a scenario I try to load it but sapien cuts right off with no warning.I followed one tutorial on halomods but still i couldnt get it to work.If anyone has encountered this problem and has another solution on how to do it or a link to another tutorial, please reply to this post, Thank you

Con
August 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
How are you trying to add the lights.

Nimverus
August 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
well using planes , just like the way u use one with water but when i do it all it still ends up have sapien to close down

Hunter
August 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
make sure that your shaders are right and to make the area around the plane light up then u need to add lights in sapien as well. and then re do lightmaps.

Nimverus
August 13th, 2007, 02:29 AM
how did i add lights in sapien, theres not selection where i could do that

Timo
August 13th, 2007, 04:07 AM
In the hierarchy view window, open up objects, then devices. In there you'll find 'light fixtures'. You'll find a decent amount of lights in 'tags\levels\b30\devices\light fixtures\'. Like Hunter said, you'll need to re-run lightmaps for them to work. If I remember correctly, you'll get an FPS drop if you place too much in one area.

Hunter
August 13th, 2007, 04:35 AM
but when you re do the lightmaps you dont need to delete your old lightmaps, just re do that command and they will update.