PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 Epsilon

MNC
August 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Wow, after the Halo 3 Beta we now get Epsilon! Take a look at this:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/and-nothing-but-the-truth/the-truth-behind-halo-3-epsilon-288565.php

Basically, it's another Beta test for all the testers who got chosen for the beta.

Fact sheet:

First, unlike the Alpha, Beta or Delta, this is a very special test in that not only will you be testing nearly final Halo 3 Matchmaking, you will also be able to:
* Play Multiplayer on six maps: Snowbound, High Ground, Valhalla, Last Resort, Epitaph and our new big map, Sandtrap.
* Play Custom Games and test out full game variant editing.
* Play with the Forge and be able to cooperatively edit and save multiplayer map variants.
* Play up to 4 person co-op on a single Campaign level.
* Play and test the full Saved Film functionality, including screenshots you can view in-game for Campaign, Multiplayer and Forge.

Atty
August 12th, 2007, 01:53 PM
When Bungie announces it I'll believe it.

ImSpartacus
August 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
its already up and running.

its strictly private though.

http://www.halo3forum.com/halo-3-general-discussion/153340-halo-3-epsilon.html

BTW- atty, luke already mentioned it in a weekly update, i forget where.

Atty
August 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but how the original post words it he makes it sound like everyone in the public beta will get a chance to play this. We won't, at least I highly doubt we will. There would be no point.

It is probably just a build if Halo 3 for at home beta testers, as its been said a full almost final build (a close to Gold build.)

Nick
August 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM
That was an email sent internally to those that participated in the Alpha and Beta (which both occurred before the public "Delta"). It was not sent to anyone else. I think of it as a "reward" for the MS employees who suffered through the alpha and beta, but bugs are still being hunted and posted to internal bulletin boards ... I assume.

Nick

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Public "Delta"? Wouldn't it be "Gamma"?

Nick
August 12th, 2007, 04:06 PM
It would if the Greek alphabet were followed, but Bungie called it Delta. Guess they wanted to stick as close to our alphabet as possible, or just have a thing against Gamma.

Nick

ImSpartacus
August 12th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, but how the original post words it he makes it sound like everyone in the public beta will get a chance to play this. We won't, at least I highly doubt we will. There would be no point.

It is probably just a build if Halo 3 for at home beta testers, as its been said a full almost final build (a close to Gold build.)

whats gold build? the release build?

bungie also has a take along halo 3 that they set up at different venues to increase hype. likely, epsilon is the build used.

its not really a close-to-final build, i would call it more of a demo build than anything else, b/c is doesnt feature everything is could (multiplayer maps, campaign lvls, etc).

Zeph
August 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Their naming conventions are almost as fucked up as CMT's.

Nick
August 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
its not really a close-to-final build, i would call it more of a demo build than anything else, b/c is doesnt feature everything is could (multiplayer maps, campaign lvls, etc).You are wrong. It is near final. Missing some maps has nothing to do with the build itself, the maps are simply not included and thus not accessible. It has nearly every feature that will be in the final and some that have not been announced yet.

Nick

Chief117
August 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM
oo yay then omega testing! then a Halo 3 delay! Oh how fun!

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 07:23 PM
It would if the Greek alphabet were followed, but Bungie called it Delta. Guess they wanted to stick as close to our alphabet as possible, or just have a thing against Gamma.

Nick
Then they must have a thing against Gamma. Due to proper Greek pronunciation, gamma may sometimes sound as if it is pronounced "ch'amma." That is why [through the Roman alphabet] when translated into English, gamma is both C and G.

For the sake of my compulsive sanity, I'm going to assume they had the gamma test strictly among Bungie in-house employees.

ExAm
August 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Then where does Delta fit in?

Nick
August 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Then they must have a thing against Gamma. Due to proper Greek pronunciation, gamma may sometimes sound as if it is pronounced "ch'amma." That is why [through the Roman alphabet] when translated into English, gamma is both C and G.Well, I meant stick to our alphabet visually, not phonetically. At a glance, something starting with g comes "after" d; A, B, D, E shows order of progression better than A, B, G, D for all English speakers.

It's certainly not important, just interesting how it all worked out.

Nick

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota, Kappa, Lamda, Mu, Nu, Xi, Omicron, Pi, Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega.

There, Jason.

Edit: And Nick, I guess. Meh.

ExAm
August 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota, Kappa, Lamda, Mu, Nu, Xi, Omicron, Pi, Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega.

There, Jason.

Edit: And Nick, I guess. Meh.I may have posted it somewhere and forgotten, but how do you know my name? Other than me, only Lightning has that name, from what I can tell from Aerowyn's posts.

Regardless, that order seems a bit confusing, but I'll take your word for it.

Veegie
August 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Bungie refers to the public beta as the delta.

Dole
August 12th, 2007, 10:00 PM
We've established that. What I want to know is where gamma fits into the consecutive test lineup, if it even does at all.

Atty
August 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM
whats gold build? the release build?No, when you say a game as gone "Gold" its been cleared for production, meaning everything on their laundry list of goals to accomplish has been completed, including bug stomping which is what they are doing now (as well as final tweaks to announced and un-announced features, as well as some map work.)

Dal
August 13th, 2007, 01:57 AM
So, Nick. You allude you've played this. Care to share?

Atty
August 13th, 2007, 02:33 AM
That would be breaking his NDA, which Nick is way to careful to do. He'll let on enough for make us jealous that he's played it but not on enough to make it obvious he has, so he can't be held accountable for any NDA breaches.

Or he's not played it at all, we will never know.

Nick
August 13th, 2007, 02:47 AM
So, Nick. You allude you've played this. Care to share?All the weapons seen in magazines are in, as well as all equipment, as well as major game features. Not much to say besides GOTY.

Nick

Dal
August 13th, 2007, 05:32 AM
That would be breaking his NDA, which Nick is way to careful to do. He'll let on enough for make us jealous that he's played it but not on enough to make it obvious he has, so he can't be held accountable for any NDA breaches.

I always thought that was cute. :)

ImSpartacus
August 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM

nick's played halo 3? i thought he was doing prom? he's close to bungie? ahhh, too many new things!

All the weapons seen in magazines are in, as well as all equipment, as well as major game features. Not much to say besides GOTY.

Nick

so the spartans mentioned in the recent scans r in game? damn, that sucks, i really didnt want to have any spartans in game other than the mc (for gameplay purposes, u always could have elite allies as an equivalent).

FRain
August 13th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I believe Nick works at bungie.

halofreak4567
August 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
nick's played halo 3? i thought he was doing prom? he's close to bungie? ahhh, too many new things!

so the spartans mentioned in the recent scans r in game? damn, that sucks, i really didnt want to have any spartans in game other than the mc (for gameplay purposes, u always could have elite allies as an equivalent).

If you are under the impression that the new spartan models are for singleplayer, then you are wrong. They are only for multiplayer. If you are not under that impression, then I am under the wrong impression. :p

ImSpartacus
August 13th, 2007, 02:52 PM
If you are under the impression that the new spartan models are for singleplayer, then you are wrong. They are only for multiplayer. If you are not under that impression, then I am under the wrong impression. :p

i hate impressionism, its a sucky art form.

PST*wrong impression*

Kornman00
August 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I believe Nick works at bungie.
then I'm really Jason Jones...'s brother. No.

Also, its not just bungie, its the software industry.

Maybe they don't want you to confuse Gamma with Gold ;p

bum has knife
August 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Nick, interested in a little Forge action? Send me yer gamertag.

Choking Victim
August 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Nick, interested in a little Forge action? Send me yer gamertag.
interesting, i've been wondering if h2v developers were in on the internal halo 3 tests. I guess thats a yes.

ExAm
August 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
ohshi-

Nick
August 16th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I believe Nick works at bungie.That would be a really big conflict of interest for Prometheus. So no, I don't work for Bungie.

Nick, interested in a little Forge action? Send me yer gamertag.That would be fun, but unfortunately I'm not playing it with my public gamertag :( Come September 25th, though, I'll take you up on that offer!

interesting, i've been wondering if h2v developers were in on the internal halo 3 tests. I guess thats a yes.Of course they have access. Any blue badge could get into the internal tests.

Nick

Kornman00
August 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Of course they have access. Any blue badge could get into the internal tests.

http://www.hants.gov.uk/pbr/access/images/blue-badge.gif

JDMFSeanP
August 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I havent played it

>: D