PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Draker vs. Syanara

Xegrot
August 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hi.

I'm part of a newly founded team know as Simble-Films. (The name was the leaders idea since there was already a Symbol Films out there...)

Read if you want a little backround info.
Our team leader, Syanara, started it a while back as Northern War Productions, but the name never went through. He changed it to Symbol Films and recruited a few other people, including Draker and myself. We started off with making music videos, but now, we have started creating a variety of films, one of which is still being written, one short film, and two series.

I am one of the directors, and I came up with the idea for Draker vs. Syanara after one day while randomly running about on New Mombasa. Draker tried to stick him with a grenade... but failed miserably. He kept trying, but he just couldn't get him, and ended up falling off the base and dying. So I thought, hey, it would be funny if we made a series that involved Draker attempting to take out Syanara, but... failing miserably.

This is the link to Episode 1, or in Draker's case, "Attempt 1"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487a9clbc24

There are a few video messups: Some of the stuff in the credits are wrong (Coyote is Masilus and Council Members should be... well, just watch and see.) There are a few repetitive sound effects, but I will attempt to fix that in later episodes.

The rest of Simble-Films and I hope that you enjoy this first episode. If there is any critisism you would like to give, we will gladly accept and use it. If you don't like it... well... at least express your dislike without running us into the ground.

-Xegrot and Simble-Films

EDIT: SImble Films is done with. Syanara has left the group, so Draker vs. Syanara is done with completely. We're still deciding if we're gonna make a new company or not. More news later...

Archon23
August 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Hey I know Syanara. I was going to be in one of the series but he never got back to me........

Xegrot
August 12th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Hey I know Syanara. I was going to be in one of the series but he never got back to me........

I'll be sure to tell him.

Llama Juice
August 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
To be perfectly honest. I stopped after about halfway through the video.

I was going to stop when the green guy was tweakin in the beginning... because I said to myself "It has to get better than this."

It didn't.

Horrible camera angles/movement , horrible voice acting/sounds in general, horrible acting.... too much dead time....

This seems like one of those videos that when you show your friends that made it with you they just kinda laugh about "Oh remember this out take?".... then when you show your friends in RL they kinda just laugh so you don't get upset.........

Just my honest opinion.

Cortexian
August 12th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Wait... can you give me those minutes of my life back?

The entire video was way to dark, voice acting was horrible, there were to many dead spots.

Good for a first try, but you may REALLY want to evaluate your skills before trying again.

Con
August 12th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I didn't think it was that bad, I got some chuckles :)

Xegrot
August 12th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I didn't think it was that bad, I got some chuckles :)

Thanks. It's a rocky start and one of my very first times directing and editing something that was going to be released. I've still gotta get some experience before I work on my next episode. But I think I did semi-ok for now...

DaneO'Roo
August 12th, 2007, 09:50 PM
lovin' the beavis and butthead style NARARRAGFAARARAGARA stuff. Awesome.

ExAm
August 13th, 2007, 01:37 AM
It was alright. Needs work, though. I've been in a couple of machinimas myself. Gladiator Evolved, for one. After that was done, Andras founded Tickertape Pictures. Our latest film should be out before the end of the year.

Con
August 16th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I was in a machinima once :awesome:
It was lead by FlamingRain :smith:

Yeah, we didn't even get to filming ep1 because teh other kids were all noobs and didn't do what they were supposed to.

TeeKup
August 16th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I got like 3 laughs out of it only because I love that record breaking noise.

Xegrot
August 16th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Yeah, we didn't even get to filming ep1 because teh other kids were all noobs and didn't do what they were supposed to.

Some people are like that. They assume it's going to be totally easy, but then they figure out it isn't and they go, "Waaah!" That's happened to us a couple of times, but we just kicked them out. The team we have now is really dedicated and they love doing what they do. We just need to keep working at our voice acting and movements, cause sometimes they forget what they're supposed to do.

I'll tell them to move a little bit sometimes, but then they go forward like ten feet and even sometimes keep going. But, at least we get the job done... even if it isn't the best.

EDIT: Ugh... well, it's over. Syanara has disbanded the company and is DONE with machinima; he's off to make maps. Draker vs. Syanara is officially over, and this is the only episode you will ever see of it. oh well, there will be more stuff from me and the crew that are still left later on, but not now.

FRain
August 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Yes, but you were one of those kids too. :downs:

Yeah, one of us started getting off topic and you took a radioactive crap and we didnt ever start.

Teh Ganon
August 29th, 2007, 09:42 PM
lovin' the beavis and butthead style NARARRAGFAARARAGARA stuff.

Thats the only reason I'll say this was funny.... Im still laughing lol

Jay2645
August 30th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I didn't like it too much, but I'm biased because I did some material for Red vs. Blue a while back, now I write my own series, and I'm starring in another series with the guy above my post.