PDA

View Full Version : [Video] ShauningtoN Halo 1 Montage

Shaunington
August 13th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Hello friends, I once was working on a Halo 2 Vista/Halo 1 video, but then i realised Halo 2 vista sucks nuts.

So, basically, I had about 2 minutes of montage, edited poorly and half of it was h2V footage, so i decided to add, subtract divide and multiply and the end result was all H1 and it was about a minute and a half. I ran out of footage, so booted up the ol' Halo 1 PC and started recording in that, and then gab_dc (gun) had all my Halo 1 Xbox footage I had sent him, he kindly sent that back and then i added it in.

So there we have it, it was about 7 minutes, long, spaning over 2 songs (technically 3)

Then the next problem, vegas kept crashing, i would edit a little bit, then it would crash. I lost patience, last night while I was going to do my effects pass on the video (I had already finished about 98% of the syncing) i gave up, rendered the montage into little bits (vegas would crash doing a full render) imported it into vegas, whacked on some credits and rendered it + uploaded it.

So here we are, Its not how i wanted it to be (as really, its not finished, but it's as finished as it will ever be)

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/S... (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/ShauningtonH1M1.wmv.html)

Size: 137MB
Youtube: Yes, see bottom
Length: 9:06
V/ Compression: 2.25Mb/sec
A/ Compression: 160Kb/sec

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/S... (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/ShauningtonH1M1.wmv.html)

Enjoy, there is a small notice at the start, do take the time to read it though if you don't it basically outlines that this montage was made in my spare time to be for enjoyment, I didnt set out to make a masterpiece, so judge it accordingly.

0i87rO3Mdpg

Thanks, Shaun

Teh Ganon
August 13th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Nice job I liked it. Besides the fact you betrayed a few times... and i think you hosted. that advantage is hawt. Besides the raw footage being nice, you have descent video editing skills so thats a plus as well.

Shaunington
August 13th, 2007, 01:13 AM
The betrayals were in there to keep the interest (in the middle + end when peoples interest would be fading) and NO host clips :)

My usual ping is 27 - 33 - 67 in the servers i play in (i am very close to them + have good net)

Thank you for the reply, though, and the video would be alot better if I had finished it ;)

Chronos
August 13th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Good job man, it's nice !

Bastinka
August 13th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Wow, it's like you are the host.. I barely even see a lead with those guns.

Anyway, I don't like the music. Video editing is decent as Ganon said.

DaneO'Roo
August 13th, 2007, 01:56 AM
dam I need a new video card ?_?

Dam you and your smooth framerate

Jelly
August 13th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Wait, what? Double melee attacks?

Shaunington
August 13th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Yes....? What about them haha?

Limited
August 13th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Top notch, great stuff.

Halo PC looks sweet though how'd you get it to look that good, sort of looks like you have AA on :D

Patrickssj6
August 13th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Top notch, great stuff.

Halo PC looks sweet though how'd you get it to look that good, sort of looks like you have AA on :D
That's an effect you get when you resize big pictures / movies.

Decent stuff...but honestly I had the same Ping before and I could have seen myself in that vid so not really anything impressive.

Shaunington
August 13th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Haha thanks man, I play with 6x FSAA forced in ATi Catalyst Control Center and Full A/F

All footage was recorded at 60FPS in fraps at either =
1280 x 720 W/s
1280 x 1024
1280 x 768 W/s

I can record at 100FPS (FRAPS maximum) but the smoothness isn't that noticable over 60, and the file sizes are way bigger.

Limited
August 13th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah thought you forced it, Nvidia's control panel can do it too, I'll give it a whirl :)

Berkut
August 13th, 2007, 07:48 AM
That music makes me want to stab someone. Namely you, for using it.

Video was decent.

Limited
August 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Haha thanks man, I play with 6x FSAA forced in ATi Catalyst Control Center and Full A/F

All footage was recorded at 60FPS in fraps at either =
1280 x 720 W/s
1280 x 1024
1280 x 768 W/s

I can record at 100FPS (FRAPS maximum) but the smoothness isn't that noticable over 60, and the file sizes are way bigger.
Well I just tried and I get a message saying halo shouldnt run in AA etc. But when menu loads, I can hear music and hear the button mosueovers, but cant SEE the menu :(

Edit: Do you play halo fullscreen?

Con
August 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Nice montage, I saw your H2V one as well. Both very well done, nice skills.

Ki11a_FTW
August 13th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Halo doesnt run that well on my X1050 :-/ well, it did before i got vista, calls for new ram :-)

Metroid4593
August 13th, 2007, 08:14 PM
How do you get the extended FoV?

Limited
August 13th, 2007, 08:22 PM
How do you get the extended FoV?FOV hack maybe? But he has it on widescreen..

Xetsuei
August 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Decent montage imo, but the lead was very low.

bitterbanana
August 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Awesome montage. I should start using that double melee trick. It seems really effective.

Also, thanks for using Yelo Battery, I'm glad to see someone using it!

Shaunington
August 14th, 2007, 12:17 AM
WOMG LOL thanks man, thank YOU for making it, i meant to mention you in the credits (i left alot of people/things out, but got lazy becuase it was like 3 in the morning)

Glad you liked it :)

oh and Metroid, the legend above me made a FoV Hack (called Yelo Battery) and it gives you full control over FoV and weapon placement. It also fixes up how gay Halo PC HUD/FoV looks in widescreen :)

Download + comment on it here, its truly legendary

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3966

Teh Ganon
August 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I dont think anyone is ever happy with music. It was good enough for me that i kept watching with the volume on.

Jelly
August 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Oh right, I've found out how to do the double melee. Video was certainly one of the higher quality ones I have seen, but yes, the music sucked.

Cortexian
August 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Good video, but LOL Vegas ;).

Shaunington
August 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah, vegas is pretty *puts thumbs down* sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed it ;)

Pooky
August 15th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Uh oh, someone else finally figured out how to do that with melee :x

Trinx
August 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I can't believe people don't know about the double melee and/or backpack reload. Decent montage, only thing bad about it is that all of the footage seems to be from public servers (The Halo PC ones).

Rosco
August 16th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Like trinx said, next time make sure you don't include clips of you killing people standing still, and make sure it looks like you have decent competition against you. :)

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
August 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Shaun from Halo PC Australian? Loooool if it's you, i didn't know you had an account here :eek:. Nice video! Your always good to play with in games, i enjoy playing with ya. :) (If your the one im thinking of, lol)