PDA

View Full Version : quick question. well..ok not so quick.

samburger
September 9th, 2006, 07:39 PM
here it comes everyone! im (as far as i can tell) the first person for everyone to make fun of! WOOOHH!:lol:

alright, anyways. i dont understand this. & by this, i mean the site. i like it. dont get me wrong. i like the maps. i like how its still small & underground & has no real need for rules. but what i dont like is that i dont know how to play any of the maps. how would a borderline retard like myself go about playing these maps? does the site name mean i need windows vista to play it? & if so, how do i get windows vista? i thought they hadnt released it yet? & if i need windows vista & they in fact have released it & im just to pop culturally slow to know that, where can i find a pc version of halo 2?

answer whenever, because im in no real hurry. & id rather get a polite, useful answer in 2 weeks than a rude, useless answer in 5 minutes. thanks in advance, & good job on the site.:)

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
September 9th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, you need Vista for Halo2Vista. It's quite obvious.

Yes, it isn't released YET. Keyword: yet. This site is for Halo2V, though it isn't out yet.

You can buy Vista, when it is released from Microsoft.

mined
September 9th, 2006, 10:20 PM
In other words Samburger...we are all just being a little preemptive about establishing a community based on H2 Vista. We all have, to some degree, experience with Halo CE and we are carrying on the discussion as such until the anticipated release of H2 for Vista. At that point we will be making some sort of transition to the custom features promised with the release of H2.

So, no worry, you are doing fine. To date, Microsoft has planned to release the Vista OS in November. Go ahead, sit back, relax, and talk with us about your hopes and dreams in this alternate reality we call HALO and all will be well.

Polite, yes?

I hope you are having a very nice day, Sir. :D

samburger
September 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
thank you very much for clearing that up for me. atleast now i have a reason to save up to get windows vista:) & im sure you'll all be seeing much more of me when it comes out.

TheGhost
September 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Ahh... welcome, samburger.

Sorry to mislead you. This site was set up now to be ready for the release of Halo 2 Vista and Windows Vista. That way, when Vista is released, we can really hit the ground running. Everything so far is very speculative, and I'm trying to build a member base before the release of the game.

The custom content, such as maps and other mods, that you see is for Halo: Custom Edition. It's a version of Halo 1 PC that supports custom maps and has its own editing kit, the HEK. If you're interested in familiarizing yourself with custom Halo content before creating maps for Halo 2 Vista, I suggest you check out Halo: Custom Edition (HaloCE) and play around with it.

Rosco
September 13th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Ahh... welcome, samburger.

Sorry to mislead you. This site was set up now to be ready for the release of Halo 2 Vista and Windows Vista. That way, when Vista is released, we can really hit the ground running. Everything so far is very speculative, and I'm trying to build a member base before the release of the game.

The custom content, such as maps and other mods, that you see is for Halo: Custom Edition. It's a version of Halo 1 PC that supports custom maps and has its own editing kit, the HEK. If you're interested in familiarizing yourself with custom Halo content before creating maps for Halo 2 Vista, I suggest you check out Halo: Custom Edition (HaloCE) and play around with it.
Yeah, I'm beginning to REALLY prefer this to Gearbox. Especially these good emoticons, unlike the army ones, the only one that I liked was botman/ request for it :XD:

Rescudo
September 13th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I'm liking this a lot more than Gearbox already. No more admins and moderators unfit for the job :)

FRain
September 16th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I wonder if we can use the vista beta for it xD.

mined
September 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to REALLY prefer this to Gearbox.

Agreed...GBX is starting to get lost in the sauce. I'm sure those of you that have been around have seen cycles that rotate around > influx of new names-a few familiar names disappear > influx of starter questions-influx of experienced work > period of near worthless posts > cycle continues. As the cycle runs its course, the crowd becomes more polarized with each pass. So eventually you either get lost in a forum with clique-ish culture, or you come to a place like this...tabula rasa. It is nice to start new, get more familiar with the personalities behind the names, and hopefully refresh the CE community for what it is worth.

Rosco
October 19th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I agree. GBX has become too much like a high school cafeteria for my taste.

Originally Said by Plat #GBH
If Gearbox were a school, GBH would be the cool table

:lol:

I'm sorry for the bump, I've never done this before and I'm staying on topic, right? :(

Boo Diddly
October 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
NO! you did the worst thing imaginable! :hump: You bumped a thread!

Nic
October 19th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I wonder if we can use the vista beta for it xD.

Yea, i am also wondering this too.

Get the latest RC, the one right before the release of H2V and see if you can run it off of that =]

Ill try it, and not touch my other harddrive until I get H2V, then Ill install and see if it works.

TheGhost
October 22nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
If I understand correctly, a lot of the code, testing, etc. was done in the Vista betas. I don't know how this while work for the finished product though.

Boo Diddly
October 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
it probably will work for the vista betas. but remember, the betas do expire.