PDA

View Full Version : Ragers: Love 'em or hate 'em?

rossmum
December 22nd, 2006, 04:02 AM
Just watched a string of myg0t videos, I'm curious... what's your stance on ragers?

I myself am proud to be one of them when bored :D

Timo
December 22nd, 2006, 04:25 AM
They just fuck me off.

Pooky
December 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sometimes I just go into Halo CE servers for no other reason than to piss people off into getting themselves banned. Punch them, then when they get pissed and punch you back quickly turn around =P Or run around with a plasma pistol just getting their shields down but doing no actual damage. Or shooting guys in scope with 1 AR bullet at a time. Good times...

Emmzee
December 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
Sometimes I just go into Halo CE servers for no other reason than to piss people off into getting themselves banned. Punch them, then when they get pissed and punch you back quickly turn around =P Or run around with a plasma pistol just getting their shields down but doing no actual damage. Or shooting guys in scope with 1 AR bullet at a time. Good times...
I like to piss people off in CS
I got Half-Life Source Sounds, and now I play "Hamster Dance" and "What is Love" when I die. I've almost gotten banned three times today.

V0Lt4Ge
December 22nd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Before I decide, what the hell is a "rager" anyways?

Timo
December 22nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
People that just join games to be dick heads.

Emmzee
December 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
People that just join games to be dick heads.
Yup. Like me.
I record MS Sam voices, then spam them on the mic. It's hilarious to hear MS Sam say "Well, how about you go play hide and go fuck yourself."

rossmum
December 22nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Heh. My favourites are the RO spawn artillery and launching on Kaukasus, and the BF2 C4. C4 switching on Coldsnap always delivers the lols, too.

Pooky
December 23rd, 2006, 12:45 AM
The first time I ever did that I got eight killtaculars. I think it was the hardest I ever laughed in my life

Teroh
December 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
Its fun when you're being a rager (with Emmzee, <3) but not when people do it to you.

Pooky
December 23rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
I just try to turn it on them, if someone's nading me out of a hog turret I just hide behind it, wait for them to walk up to it and drop a nade under it *squish*

legionaire45
December 23rd, 2006, 01:15 AM
I am half and half. I love to C4 people in the face on Coldsnap and also love to put a C4 in a fully loaded Longsword, but I take my lumps (in the form of TK's). Then I laugh my ass off as everyone goes "WTF u asshole why u blow up jetjet?" I only do it on Coldsnap because generally no one is doing anything productive anyways, plus its fun xD.

jcap
December 23rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
I issue bans with no warnings and absolutely no intent to unban on people who do this.

rossmum
December 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Nice. Good thing none of the servers you admin run Coldsnap. :D

I don't do it all the time, but if the server's full of dicks, why not join the masses?

jcap
December 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
You're right. Good thing I don't admin any Coldsnap servers. Good thing I don't play Coldsnap at all for that matter. And if the server's full of dicks, I ban them all. I have absolutely no tolerance at all for assholes who put themselves above everyone else and ruin the gaming experience for everyone in the server. The only time I could see it waranted is if, and only if there is someone in there who is an admin, or someone of higher status, who is directing everyone on what to do. An example of that would be the CMT 2006 weekend-long TK fest.

Also, when I say that I ban them, I mean I kick them first, then if they continue to be fucktards I permaban them.

Con
December 25th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not usually in a good mood, so I dislike people that don't want to help their team and would rather run around being annoying and useless.

Shmee
December 26th, 2006, 10:55 PM
conscars is right...
yeah i hate ppl who are lame.

Atty
December 29th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I don't care, if your annoying that's you and your parents problem. Go ahead, not going to bother me.

Pooky
January 1st, 2007, 12:48 AM
If I actually like the people on my team I'll help, but I'm more than willing to be an annoying ass if they're jerks and they all suck. Doesn't matter to me if I get banned, as long as I had fun doing it.

p0lar_bear
January 1st, 2007, 01:44 AM
Raging is only fun if you're in on it, but that's a given.

I typically only rage noobs who show a lack of intelligence from the get go. Kinda slip them the hint that they're not wanted, and usually gets them banned. Raging a whole server is both hard to do (Coldsnap is an exception), and not very rewarding.

rossmum
January 1st, 2007, 05:19 AM
Agreed on all counts; though I've noticed that should I be so inclined, I could effortlessly create chaos on a far larger scale than ever possible on Coldsnap in Red Orchestra. I mean, there's double the number of players - thanks Tripwire, bet you didn't have that one in mind - and some of the maps just seem designed for it. I mean, there are so many methods to choose from...

Mic spam - no mute button, possibly no mute feature at all. Even more effective than in CS, especially since the quality is pretty amazing.
Spawn artillery (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SidF5rg_jWE) - like C4, only far deadlier. Falls in a fairly wide radius (approx. 2,500m sq.), and shrapnel and shellshock effects mean that even if it doesn't hit, it can still cause some major annoyance. On top of that, it's loud as hell (literally drowns out every other sound in the game), and once you call it on your spawn and switch teams, the stuff falls for quite some time on the designated target. Whoops. Most effective on large, open maps like Konigsplatz.
Combat engineers get a pair of 10lb. satchel charges, primarily used as demo charges or booby traps. Their fuse is about 10 seconds long, and when they go up, they go up in a big way. One satchel charge will cut down any exposed infantry within a radius of about 30-50m, and shellshock any within about 80m. One of those in a spawn is more than enough to clean up your entire team several times over... and the longer fuse means you have time to - you guessed it - switch teams and grab the kills.
The standard grenades, too, are pretty powerful. Overcooking one in the midst of a group of teammates is always fun, just like it was in America's Army or DoD:S. Only this time, the limbs go flying.
Little map exploits like the Kaukasus launch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKkUg5BYQs). Coming out of the Russian spawn, there's a little slide-like area where the Russians can get down the steep mountainside in a hurry. There also happens to be a little ledge near the top where you can lay to make your teammates slide straight off of you and plummet to their deaths.In conclusion... holy crap, RO is like, the best raging game ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMDTulOXgw) :XD: