PDA

View Full Version : zteam maps

=EP_Geez=MA
August 15th, 2007, 08:51 AM
First of all I am not asking when they are out or when they will be finished. I am asking are you still working on them? :):p

LinkandKvel
August 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
One was just released on the 13th.

ShadowCloud
August 15th, 2007, 10:32 AM
13th! can you send me the link?

LinkandKvel
August 15th, 2007, 10:36 AM
It's only Coagulation pb2
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3108

ShadowCloud
August 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Oh, Coagulation pb2, i got that one already when it first came out with sanctuary.

Chizzle110
August 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
no this one is different its a updated version The one u have is pb1

Archon23
August 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Uh no I'm pretty sure he has PB2. If you haven't noticed Sanctuary and Coagulation came in a bundle pack here. It's just that Pb2 of coag wasn't released on halomaps.

That and he states that he knows it's PB2 so I would assume he has it.

ShadowSpartan
August 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Never coming out. We quit.

FRain
August 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
ROFL +REP.

Choking Victim
August 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM
be patient good things take time (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/drop_pods_a302.wmv.html) :p dont mind the last two spawning in mid-air, those are fps problems from fraps.

AAA
August 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I can't stop watching it.....Someone help me from the orgasms!

FRain
August 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Quick! Put a condom on.

Archon23
August 15th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I must say I regular human wouldn't be ready for battle directly after a fall at that speed. The pods have rockets to slow them down before actually impacting for a reason yah know.

Still :awesome: though.

Con
August 15th, 2007, 11:29 PM
:awesome:

FRain
August 16th, 2007, 12:26 AM
:awesome:

Love De Lux
August 16th, 2007, 07:26 AM
be patient good things take time (http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/drop_pods_a302.wmv.html) :p dont mind the last two spawning in mid-air, those are fps problems from fraps.

As seeing how small the "www.fraps.com" is, I guess you frapsed at full size ? Try frapsing at half-size, it should help.

Also, + rep , this is :awesome:

Ki11a_FTW
August 16th, 2007, 04:30 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+rep

DaneO'Roo
August 16th, 2007, 04:44 PM
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFF

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2images/smilies/extra/awesome.gif

nooBBooze
August 17th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Wtf...:D
+rep :(

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Looks good, if not something unexpected. A number of problems I can see with that:
1. No visual/audible warning telling you the drop pods are incoming. I would hate to be walking around and then right in front of me 6-7 drop pods fall out of nowhere. Since we have neither the voices of Foehammer nor Cortana saying something to the effect of "The drop pods are on the way", I would just be walking along and then get slammed by those drop pods falling out of the sky.
2. What if someone's looking at the sky at the time? Not quite sure where that is, but someone could have been looking at the sky, and all of a sudden, drop pods spawn from nowhere.
3. There's no marines in them. I assume you'll be sticking Spartan IIIs or ODSTs in them later. If they are vehicles, I know of a couple script commands to make sure they are in the vehicle when it lands, and kick them out after the door blows off, but I have a feeling you guys know them already. :p
4. A suggestion: Add in rockets to the bottom of them to slow the decent. If I'm correct, there are also metal parachute-thingys that come out the back (Cortana: "Mind the bump.") to slow your decent. Those should come about 10 meters behind the drop pods, carried by the winds, as they detach upon approaching the ground, I believe.

Anyway, looks good overall, I don't think it blends too well into Halo (It just sticks out, non-Bungie textures in a Bungie level, did on CMT's mod, too), but looks very good. I would have given some rep, but I've given out too much in the last 24 hours.

Choking Victim
August 17th, 2007, 07:31 AM
^ it was a test, nowhere near final. Chill out. ;) and also, im trying to make them appear in the pillar of autumn's outtro cutscene along with the lifepod mc comes down in, that'll be your "warning" seeing them near mc's lifepod in a10 should make you think "ohh i suppose drop pods will come down in the next map."

fatso784
August 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Jay, in Halo 2 when the weapon pods come down, there's no audio/visual warning. Sure a pelican drops em, but you can't tell where they're gonna go.

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Lol, yeah, I guess, but I was thinking more of "I just finished killing this Elite, now I gotta go run over to this Gru-HOLY CRAP!"
In Halo 2, the one level I remember the drop pods (Delta Halo), you were sitting there, no enemies, nowhere to go, and then the ODSTs drop in. Of course, by the end of the level, they were all dead (I like to use them as bullet sponges myself, while I run away from the Covenant, works, but they barely make it to the Hunters, where they might actually be useful).