PDA

View Full Version : My Sapien Shows Me Nothing But Black Skies And Ground.

Master Chief
August 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Does anybody know why Sapien is doing this? I can see the layout of the land, the scenery, the weapons, and the vehicles well enough, but the ground and the skies are black.

Also, its good to be back.

Roostervier
August 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Pick a working sky and run lightmaps.

Master Chief
August 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
i picked clear_afternoon.sky and i did run lightmaps (same as running radiosity mb?)

Gamerkd16
August 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Check your shaders, make sure there is light emitting from them.

Ki11a_FTW
August 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM
^ you dont have to do that

Master Chief
August 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
stiil have dark ground and skies here...and i made a new .scenario file! wtf is going on? do i have to reinstall HEK?

Ki11a_FTW
August 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM
what sky is it

Master Chief
August 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
clear_afternoon.sky

but then i chose to use exctintion's sky of doom, and it was the closest i got to a viewable sky...(ground still dark though...)and i can still see scenery, vehicles and weapons good enough.im going to reinstall HEK and see if that's any better...

Gamerkd16
August 17th, 2007, 04:33 PM
^ you dont have to do that
If he doesn't have shaders, there wont be textures in the map.

OmegaDragon
August 17th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Did you put the sky in the .scenario file as multiplayer?

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM
If he doesn't have shaders, there wont be textures in the map.

yes but you dont need light emmiting from them

Lg2300
August 19th, 2007, 09:28 AM
yeah, I had that problem too. Just try compiling agian, after restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, compile and LIGHT the .scenario. If THAT doesn't work, then you should try reinstalling Halo 2.

Just make sure, that before you do any of my step, check that the shaders, bitmaps, and sky are valid.

( I'm just saying this from my OWN experience: it worked fro me when I compiled and lighted it for some reason)

~Lg~

Jay2645
August 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
yeah, I had that problem too. Just try compiling agian, after restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, compile and LIGHT the .scenario. If THAT doesn't work, then you should try reinstalling Halo 2.

Just make sure, that before you do any of my step, check that the shaders, bitmaps, and sky are valid.

( I'm just saying this from my OWN experience: it worked fro me when I compiled and lighted it for some reason)

~Lg~
Why would you need to reinstall Halo 2? This is Halo 1 we're talking about.