PDA

View Full Version : Hello, H2vista.net. I'd like to play a little game...

Berkut
August 17th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Well, it would appear that my little investigation is at its end.

You see, the purpose of this account was not merely to allow me to flame with impunity - if I wanted that, I'd do it with my main account. Infractions do not bother me.

No, the true purpose of all that I have done is to examine the way other members react to two members behaving in the same manner: one established, one not. I predicted that the established member would have little trouble in getting away with flaming other members, and that many would even jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. In contrast, the nobody who suddenly began mirroring their behaviour was instantly set upon by those same people. Instead of a steady stream of support and +rep spam, this account - my nobody, as it were - was constantly flamed and -repped by the very same users. My investigation complete, I decided to extend my goals a little and verify my results once and for all. I informed a few trusted friends that it was, in fact, me posting those flames... and sure enough, they began to agree and make up for the reputation points those left in the dark continued to remove.

But it doesn't end there. In the process, I also discovered a lot about some members, and confirmed what I already suspected about others. When I saw that Masters had run an IP check and discovered that wow, Berkut's IP was the same as Rossmum's, it hardly surprised me that he jumped to the first conclusion he could reach - same person. Interestingly, it had been revealed to me several weeks before by a rather bemused jcap that Rosco and rec0 share the same IP, despite never having been in close proximity to each other (aside from living in the same general area). What came next wasn't news to me either: Masters decided that, armed with this piece of 'evidence' (circumstancial at best, might I add), he'd go spark a little forum drama by revealing it to everyone. This more or less confirmed something I'd thought about him for some time: poor Masters has a terribly fragile reputation, and it appears that he's very insecure about it. So, in order to feel better about himself, it would appear that the esteemed and talented leader of the great CMT needs to go and chip away at the reputation of someone who's done what they can to actually earn respect (as opposed to bribing people to do their homework with betas). As can be expected, it took little effort to turn Masters's little attempt at being clever on him, at which point - I am quite disgusted to have seen someone actually sink to this level - Masters got a hold of somebody on my Xfire friends list (how he did so is of no interest to me) and either simply asked - or more likely bribed - them into screencapping yet another piece of circumstancial evidence for him, which he then posted. Unfortunately for Masters, that attempt was somewhat of a failure as well, at which point he used another person I'd consider a friend, and a trustworthy one at that, to try and glean a piece of information from a post jcap made in a section not visible to Masters that would incriminate me once and for all. As I still respect said friend, I won't be naming them, but several of you know who I'm referring to.

The saddest part of all this? Masters still proved nothing aside from his own need to chop away at others. It's taken me this post to prove once and for all that I am, in fact, rossmum.

So, let's recap: I discovered how truly rife favouritism is on this site, and it sickens me. I discovered that some people will stop at nothing just to puff their own ego up. I discovered, once again, that trusting people is a stupid move.

Well done, H2vista.net. You lived up to my expectations, and then some. I only hope this is enough of a kick in the face to stop some of you from behaving in a manner I consider on par with, or worse than, Berkut's constant flaming.

Game over.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Ross. You should publish something about this.

Atty
August 17th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Sup ross?

Confirm or Deny: Wanking causes babies?

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Confirm.

Also i sux with awp wtb skill :saddowns:

SnaFuBAR
August 17th, 2007, 12:50 AM
epic. gg h2vista.net. gfg.

itszutak
August 17th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I have not seen a single post by Berkut, but I see that I must have missed a lot. gg.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
This honestly sounds like something a Psychology major would do. Good job Ross.

Agamemnon
August 17th, 2007, 12:55 AM
This honestly sounds like something a Psychology major would do. Good job Ross.
:ssh:

mR_r0b0to
August 17th, 2007, 12:57 AM
where were these posts :saddowns:
i must have missed something

Xetsuei
August 17th, 2007, 01:00 AM
<3 ross

Stormwing
August 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM
lol, serious business.

I had a rant here before. then I realized more words don't matter.

Yeah, uh, fantastic undercover work ross/cpt. obvious. These things were pretty obvious. What extent doesn't matter.
But I honestly don't care. Wow, forum social status, reputation, and popularity issues! HOW INCREDIBLY UNBELIEVABLE! HOW FUCKING IMPORTANT!

Welcome to the internet.

Zeph
August 17th, 2007, 01:17 AM
It was very interesting to see how people reacted as time went along. I especially enjoyed seeing who gave rep for what posts. It's sad to see how it ended, as it'll be next to impossible to continue doing this.

Xetsuei
August 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM
It was very interesting to see how people reacted as time went along. I especially enjoyed seeing who gave rep for what posts. It's sad to see how it ended, as it'll be next to impossible to continue doing this.

I'm sure with you it will.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Obvious or not, I wanted to see exactly how prolific they were. And it can't have been to obvious to those doing it.

itszutak
August 17th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I think it's just a standard thing (sorry, inarticulate at midnight) in our society that those who have been around and are well known have a higher status than newcomers; respect is earned, through fame, infamy, or time; you can't expect a random stranger on the street to be treated the same way as a convicted rapist or a senator; we may not notice it, but we do definitely treat people in a biased fashion, no matter how balanced and fair we think we are.

This works in the opposite way, as well; those with higher status will feel "larger" than those who are "low"; they know that they can get away with more, and very often, they do.

...Just a little observation I've made. :-3

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Obvious or not, I wanted to see exactly how prolific they were. And it can't have been to obvious to those doing it.
Actually, I had my suspicions. You kept talking on Xfire in the style that Berkut posted, so I toyed with the idea for a while, but later dismissed it.

Ryan
August 17th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Fuck, I knew I hated that Berkut for good reason. I should have realized you two queers were one in the same long before this.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Fuck, I knew I hated that Berkut for good reason. I should have realized you two queers were one in the same long before this.
Don't think I'm not on to you, because I'm on to you.

Zeph
August 17th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Don't think I'm not on to you, because I'm on to you.

It's a unique user. A very unique one at that. The kid, umm, sorry, 32 year old man didn't know that you couldn't remove a warning by deleting the post yourself, hence why he/she has two right now, lol.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Interestingly enough only 1 person (other than Masters) was actually certain enough of my identity to ask; that was Dole.

Chronos
August 17th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Thank you Ross, for showing to us how completely idiotic some people here can act and react.
I hope your swift kick will let some of them see just how they're acting.

Chronos

jcap
August 17th, 2007, 01:42 AM
You should write a book and make millions.

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Eh I tend to stay away from flame bait unless I'm thinking irrationally or just being plain idiotic. Though I always had that sneaking suspicion that Berkut was a duplicate account.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Actually a friend of mine is studying for a Ph.D in phsychology I think, so I help him gather info he can use :)

legionaire45
August 17th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Back when Berkut was first born I flamed him (I believe I posted this imagine here for him):
http://www.fukung.net/images/5691/stfucortez.gif.
When Berkut Pm'ed me telling me he was Ross, well, that was a hell of a wake up call for me at least.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 01:51 AM
When Berkut Pm'ed me telling me he was Ross, well, that was a hell of a wake up call for me at least.
Really? You got the luxury of a PM? He told me on Xfire.

legionaire45
August 17th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Really? You got the luxury of a PM? He told me on Xfire.
Well, it actually was +rep xD.

To be honest though, instead of basing our arguments and shit on who happens to be most popular this month we should all simply base it on who or what is right. If one of the more popular members posted a boxmap and everyone else was saying it was awesome simply because they liked that member I wouldn't be afraid to tell him/her the truth. I only hope that more people will begin to think about this subject.

One last thing though, isn't it interesting how a person's true character shows up on the internet? Is it the unanimity of being able to hide behind a monitor that encourages people to lose sense of all moral fiber on a subconscious level on the internet? God, just reading through some of the crap other people were saying about other people behind their backs on xfire today made me feel bad deep inside today. And all this for an extra e-Peen point? An extra bar of rep? Well, thank god that at least people can control themselves a little bit better out in the real world.

Pooky
August 17th, 2007, 03:31 AM
I discovered how truly rife favouritism is on this site, and it sickens me.

That's new to you? I've been bitching about that forever.

Also, I would have -repped you just the same for that post (you know which one) even if I knew it was you, and have no intent of making it up.

Glad to see you've learned something though, I guess.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I know you would've, because you're one of the few people who don't bandwagon. <3

mR_r0b0to
August 17th, 2007, 04:39 AM
IVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BERKUT :saddowns:
except for this thread...

Cortexian
August 17th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Multiple forum accounts are against the rules, BAN HIM AT THE STAKE!

:awesome: <3 ya Ross.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Not if you've been given permission in advance. :awesome:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM
It's a unique user. A very unique one at that.
Unique user my ass.

LlamaMaster
August 17th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Wow, that explains it. I was wondering why such a dick could get away with his actions without a single warning. Props to you ross, you did good. :downs:

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Oh, he got warned plenty. Still not a lot considering how much he flamed, but more than this account's ever been warned :p

LlamaMaster
August 17th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Oh, he got warned plenty. Still not a lot considering how much he flamed, but more than this account's ever been warned :p
Orly? I'll go look at some of "his" post. I only looked at about two of "his" before I decided I hated "him". :rolleyes:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Orly? I'll go look at some of "his" post. I only looked at about two of "his" before I decided I hated "him". :rolleyes:
Really? I only had to look at one of "your" posts before I decided I hated "you".

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2007, 09:55 AM
LOLOLOLOL

Rossmum, you're a disaster now. It's like you're falling into a self-destructive state. You're taking this alt account business to a level that is absurd. When you were given permission to make a secondary account, I had never really intended it to be like it is now. It would have been best if you had kept it at a level of correcting members and making them feel like the stupid shit they are.

My antics have nothing to do with your personality Ross, it's all about the larger picture.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Oh sorry Masters, I forgot you liked to stir shit with other members on the forums just because you know they actually see you for who you are. I guess you posted that without realising the potential drama it could cause, right? http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-jerkbag.gif

You don't even know what you're talking about since you don't even know the context that quote was originally in, so I advise you shut up now. You seem to be on quite the losing streak, Masters.

Oh by the way, nice sig. I guess once just wasn't enough for you, right? Go fuck up some tags or something, and trash some other forum - you didn't breathe life into shit. Thanks for proving my point by once again trying to turn me on one of my friends, asshole.

Hurrvish
August 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM
So much RossWin :o

Masterz1337
August 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Looks like I hit a nerve. I'm curious as to "Who I am" I can't be all that bad can I? I mean, I am still friends with all but 2 of my team members? Also, I'm sure the rest of the forum wants to know what the contex of that quote is. to me, it reads like Jcap didn't kow what you were doing with your acount, and he thinks you've let yourself turn into a pile of shit, a shadow of the member you use to be. I can hardly care what people on this forum think of me. After all, it's the INTERNET.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 10:11 AM
LOLOLOLOL

My antics have nothing to do with your personality Ross, it's all about the larger picture.
At least Ross isn't as bad as you, but then again, who is?

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
You're just grasping at straws because you know you can't do a single thing to me, Masters. And as forum admin, jcap knew very well what I was doing with my alts, and he wasn't even talking about Berkut there.

And as far as anybody with any morals is concerned, generally people who try and turn others against their own friends are not only 'bad' but also pretty cowardly. Sounds about right to me.

LlamaMaster
August 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Really? I only had to look at one of "your" posts before I decided I hated "you".
Wow, did you think that was clever? Were you trying to get more undeserving rep from the "llama sux" bandwagon which left the station long ago? Sad, you contribute nothing yet you believe your so much better than me. I'm getting really sick of your constant obsession with me, and your lame ass immature poorly thought out post. Don't you have something better to do than constantly -rep me for completely irrelevant reasons? At least all the other members of the forum which are just along for the ride (atty, for example) think before they post. You, on the other hand, are just an immature brat whose main purpose in life is the piss me off. Congratulations, you succeeded.

Edit: Sorry for this post, I knew better then to fuel the fire but did anyway.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Wow, did you think that was clever?
No.

I knew it was clever.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Congrats on giving him the reaction he wanted, Llama. It's shit like that post which encourages him to keep doing it.

God this place is full of crap.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
God this place is full of awesome.
FTFY.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 10:38 AM
No that's somewhere else.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 10:39 AM
No that's somewhere else.
#xbh?

Sad, you contribute nothing yet you believe your so much better than me.
It's because I am better than you.

I'm getting really sick of your constant obsession with meYou caught me. I'm obsessed with you. I just cannot get enough of LlamaMaster. It's probably because you've contributed so much good stuff to this community.

Oh wait. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=58097&highlight=tiny-ass)
I'm sorry. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=56306)
You lose. Good day sir. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=58618)

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Wait, do the admins know about this?

I skipped through, so if it's in there, "WALL 'O' TEXT!"

EDIT: http://www.gadgetell.com/images/092006/jigsaw_puppet.jpg

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Of course they do, they approved the alt.

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, well that's good!

Bodzilla
August 17th, 2007, 12:23 PM
It's because I am better than you.
You caught me. I'm obsessed with you. I just cannot get enough of LlamaMaster. It's probably because you've contributed so much good stuff to this community.

Oh wait. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=58097&highlight=tiny-ass)
I'm sorry. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=56306)
You lose. Good day sir. (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=58618)
i don't know whats the deal emmzee, but sometimes u seem cool, cruisy, reasonable and easy to get along with... and other times i just see an image of a 13 yr old boy with curly hair looking at himself in the mirror saying "fuck, i'm awesome".

llama has done nothing wrong... so why even bring that shit in here in the first place..... what are u trying to prove.

so much fail.

Emmzee
Wait, do the admins know about this?
They know. Jcap let Ross do it.

i don't know whats the deal emmzee, but sometimes u seem cool, cruisy, reasonable and easy to get along with... and other times i just see an image of a 13 yr old boy with curly hair looking at himself in the mirror saying "fuck, i'm awesome".
I'm bi-polar.

rossmum
He's just trolling, Zilla, what's there to get?

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:25 PM
He's just trolling
But with tact.

Bodzilla
August 17th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'm bi-polar.
you'll never be as cool as polar bear. he models police :downs:

just.... i

i dont understand any of this, why start e-fights? i mean... like....
whats the point?...

humanity sux.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM
whats the point?...
It's fun.

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM
It's things like this that make me lose more faith in humanity. If I still have any faith left........

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
What, trolling?

Limited
So you basically made a new account acted the same way to see if people treated you different? Of course they do.

On gbx, I had a new account (way before I got IP banned) posted exactly as I did with my 9mm account, people didnt hate my posts, didnt flame for what I said, took my opinion into consideration. People see who posted it and try to find a way that its wrong, if I had a different name and made out some one they didnt hate, they would have no problem with the posts.

Its all about which person posted. If some noob came along and said "fuck you all guys u sux" people who go ape shit, if some one like emmzee said it, people wouldnt care that much :)

Bodzilla
It's things like this that make me lose more faith in humanity. If I still have any faith left........
just dont go to halo league forums and u wont encounter this shit.

problem fixed.

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
So you basically made a new account acted the same way to see if people treated you different? Of course they do.

On gbx, I had a new account (way before I got IP banned) posted exactly as I did with my 9mm account, people didnt hate my posts, didnt flame for what I said, took my opinion into consideration. People see who posted it and try to find a way that its wrong, if I had a different name and made out some one they didnt hate, they would have no problem with the posts.

Its all about which person posted. If some noob came along and said "fuck you all guys u sux" people who go ape shit, if some one like emmzee said it, people wouldnt care that much :)That's because everyone's learned to ignore Emmzee.

See what I did there?:)

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Its all about which person posted. If some noob came along and said "fuck you all guys u sux" people who go ape shit, if some one like emmzee said it, people wouldnt care that much :)
What I was interested in was who did it, I already knew it happened.

just dont go outside, nor on the internet and u wont encounter this shit.

problem fixed.
*ftfy :eng101:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:34 PM
That's because everyone's learned to respect Emmzee.
FTFY.

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
FTFY.
I was making an example.

STLRamsFan
August 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM
whats the point?...

There is no point, that's why I don't get into them. It's not like they're going to come knocking at my door looking for a fight. :rolleyes:

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM
*ftfy :eng101:

Looks like hibernations the only option.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, more or less

Emmzee
I was making an example.
Of how awesome I am.

Bodzilla
if they did i'd just break down laughing.

a 6 ft 2 cabinet maker that builds and moves tonnes worth of cabinets a day vs some curly haired 13 year old.

shit guys look out.....

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Of how retarded I am.

ftfy :eng101:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
OH NO YOU DIDN'T

if they did i'd just break down laughing.

a 6 ft 2 cabinet maker that builds and moves tonnes worth of cabinets a day vs some curly haired 17 year old.

shit guys look out.....
:eng101:

Hurrvish
August 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
a 6 ft 2 cabinet maker that builds and moves tonnes worth of cabinets a day vs some curly haired 13 year old.
Only problem is, they are thousands of miles away from each other. Where will this fight end up? Who will win?
:dramabomb:

legionaire45
August 17th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I think by and large this thread has proved Ross's point. Hell, remove any mention of Ross from here and I'm sure it still would. People would just be flaming Berkut instead of agreeing with him because he is Ross.

Edit: Was Berkut going to be a post whore also xD?

Kornman00
August 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
So, let's refap:
ftfy http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-fappery.gif

favoritism

also, 'circumstantial' ;p

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 12:57 PM
@ Legion: neg

@ korner: Fuck you, there's a 'u' in there <:mad:>

Also, it was. Same IP and same nick on XF proves nothing aside from close proximity and some sort of aquaintance.

Dole
August 17th, 2007, 01:04 PM
And as forum admin, jcap knew very well what I was doing with my alts, and he wasn't even talking about Berkut there.
I'm absolutely fascinated that no one managed to make the connection among the three accounts when:

Berkut and Rossmum had nearly the exact same avatar and signature on this forum.
Not even considering the image in Masters' sig, I remember back in some Halo Wars thread that Ross posted a link to XFire forums to pin the tail on the corresponding identities of Kelzorz and Kielg2, when meanwhile, his own XFire forum account (not three posts above Kelzorz' mind you) at the time had the same exact Golden Eagle picture in his avatar that Berkut (on H2V) had in his sig.
Ross' signature image had (and still has) lines of text indisputedly identical to in font and mannerism to that of Ross' [-----------] ARG. I can see why that thing pissed off Jcap... that thing started an overnight shenanigan that was an astounding pain in the ass.
Speaking of mannerisms, Berkut spoke like someone who's been in the community for a LONG time... had I held out in asking him for only another week, I would've put it together myself using evidence from the above listed bullets. Not to mention, by the time he had two posts, he already had two bars of rep... that doesn't really point in any particular direction, but it is very suspicious. Also in one of Berkut's first posts he stated "I'm not as new as you think. ;)".
Berkut's first signature had the exact same insignia as is on Ross' squadron's uniform in Red Orchestra (at least I think it's Red Orchestra), and he never relented in posting more images of the uniform (most of the time pointing out the insignia... and that it had a golden eagle) with the apprehension of attracting attention. Surprisingly enough, it never did. :-|
This bullet's a continuation on the one above: all of the Golden Eagle references between both accounts. There are so many that I don't even have to bother citing them: they literally jump off the page.
Berkut, in one of his first posts (if not his first post, period) stated that "he had been a lurker for quite some time but only now was compelled to make an account to weed out the bullshit that had taken root in H2V". No new people talk like that, and considering Berkut said such a thing at nearly the same time an exploding star with around five posts and a sixty year old PMS’ing psychiatrist who recently signed onto a vBulletin forum and yet managed to figure out how to disable reputation spouted that same line almost verbatum, the plot definitely had begun to thicken.With so many leads, Ross was definitely trying to get more people to put the clues together... although I'm still not sure who ONI was.

However, I can't piece together how Rosco was also rec0. I swear I've played them both simultaneously on the Hive server... either they're flatmates, neighbors, Rosco signed up on H2V using rec0's alias before rec0 actually did, or someone's fuxxing with me.

http://www.gadgetell.com/images/092006/jigsaw_puppet.jpg
My thoughts exactly when I saw the thread title. +rep!

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:11 PM
They live in the same town, that was just my shot at Masters for jumping to the conclusion that the same IP means same person.

Agamemnon
August 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM
It's interesting how people react to something they still don't understand but you lead them to think they do.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Nick, Dole... you can thank jfuck for that one. :p

Funny thing was, Berkut was still me - just with all traces of respect for others and self-control removed... yet people do react so differently.

Dole
August 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
For which one? :-?

The ARG scandal?

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
No, the thread title. The ARG (Overwatch, anyway) was me being excessively bored at 4AM and taking something too far due to my brain being half-dead.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I'm absolutely fascinated that no one managed to make the connection among the three accounts when:
Berkut and Rossmum had nearly the exact same avatar and signature on this forum.
Not even considering the image in Masters' sig, I remember back in some Halo Wars thread that Ross posted a link to XFire forums to pin the tail on the corresponding identities of Kelzorz and Kielg2, when meanwhile, his own XFire forum account (not three posts above Kelzorz' mind you) at the time had the same exact Golden Eagle picture in his avatar that Berkut (on H2V) had in his sig.
Ross' signature image had (and still has) lines of text indisputedly identical to in font and mannerism to that of Ross' [-----------] ARG. I can see why that thing pissed off Jcap... that thing started an overnight shenanigan that was an astounding pain in the ass.
Speaking of mannerisms, Berkut spoke like someone who's been in the community for a LONG time... had I held out in asking him for only another week, I would've put it together myself using evidence from the above listed bullets. Not to mention, by the time he had two posts, he already had two bars of rep... that doesn't really point in any particular direction, but it is very suspicious. Also in one of Berkut's first posts he stated "I'm not as new as you think. ;)".
Berkut's first signature had the exact same insignia as is on Ross' squadron's uniform in Red Orchestra (at least I think it's Red Orchestra), and he never relented in posting more images of the uniform (most of the time pointing out the insignia... and that it had a golden eagle) with the apprehension of attracting attention. Surprisingly enough, it never did. :-|
This bullet's a continuation on the one above: all of the Golden Eagle references between both accounts. There are so many that I don't even have to bother citing them.
Berkut, in one of his first posts (if not his first post, period) stated that "he had been a lurker for quite some time but only now was compelled to make an account to weed out the bullshit that had taken root in H2V". No new people talk like that, and considering Berkut said such a thing at nearly the same time an exploding star with around five posts and a sixty year old PMSā€™ing psychiatrist who recently signed onto a vBulletin forum and yet managed to figure out how to disable reputation spouted that same line almost verbatum, the plot definitely had begun to thicken.With so many leads, Ross was definitely trying to get more people to put the clues together... although I'm still not sure who ONI was.

However, I can't piece together how Rosco was also rec0. I swear I've played them both simultaneously on the Hive server... either they're flatmates, neighbors, Rosco signed up on H2V using rec0's alias before rec0 actually did, or someone's fuxxing with me.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the thread title. +rep!
I, too, thought it was weird that Berkut talked like he'd been here as long as I had, but I just dismissed it. Guess I shoulda thought into it more.

rossmum
August 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Xet unwittingly made me realise I needed to clarify something - I am neither SuperNova nor Dr. Laura. Not ONI, either.

Dole
August 17th, 2007, 01:38 PM
The ARG (Overwatch, anyway) was me being excessively bored at 4AM and taking something too far due to my brain being half-dead.
How was it 4:00 AM for you? It was four in the morning for me and I'm on the other side of the globe. :-/

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
No, the thread title. The ARG (Overwatch, anyway) was me being excessively bored at 4AM and taking something too far due to my brain being half-dead.yay! It was human!

Limited
August 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
So did you start a rep circle with yourself ross :O

Terry
August 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
How many people besides me knew?

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 02:09 PM
How many people besides me knew?Uhh, the admins, and the smartasses.

legionaire45
August 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Uhh, the admins, and the smartasses.
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/8/22815195414.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6337904)
Imagine the arrow is pointing at my avatar.

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Uhh, the admins, and the smartasses.
You're just jealous because I knew before you did.

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I wasn't talking about you. I didn't even know you knew about it.
Now shut up, and stop annoying me please.

Pooky
August 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM

You should see how much this account has been warned...

Dole
August 17th, 2007, 05:15 PM
You openly said you just found out about this all of seven hours ago. :-|

Stealth
August 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
(Words)Well, it would appear that my little investigation is at its end.

You see, the purpose of this account was not merely to allow me to flame with impunity - if I wanted that, I'd do it with my main account. Infractions do not bother me.

No, the true purpose of all that I have done is to examine the way other members react to two members behaving in the same manner: one established, one not. I predicted that the established member would have little trouble in getting away with flaming other members, and that many would even jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. In contrast, the nobody who suddenly began mirroring their behaviour was instantly set upon by those same people. Instead of a steady stream of support and +rep spam, this account - my nobody, as it were - was constantly flamed and -repped by the very same users. My investigation complete, I decided to extend my goals a little and verify my results once and for all. I informed a few trusted friends that it was, in fact, me posting those flames... and sure enough, they began to agree and make up for the reputation points those left in the dark continued to remove.

But it doesn't end there. In the process, I also discovered a lot about some members, and confirmed what I already suspected about others. When I saw that Masters had run an IP check and discovered that wow, Berkut's IP was the same as Rossmum's, it hardly surprised me that he jumped to the first conclusion he could reach - same person. Interestingly, it had been revealed to me several weeks before by a rather bemused jcap that Rosco and rec0 share the same IP, despite never having been in close proximity to each other (aside from living in the same general area). What came next wasn't news to me either: Masters decided that, armed with this piece of 'evidence' (circumstancial at best, might I add), he'd go spark a little forum drama by revealing it to everyone. This more or less confirmed something I'd thought about him for some time: poor Masters has a terribly fragile reputation, and it appears that he's very insecure about it. So, in order to feel better about himself, it would appear that the esteemed and talented leader of the great CMT needs to go and chip away at the reputation of someone who's done what they can to actually earn respect (as opposed to bribing people to do their homework with betas). As can be expected, it took little effort to turn Masters's little attempt at being clever on him, at which point - I am quite disgusted to have seen someone actually sink to this level - Masters got a hold of somebody on my Xfire friends list (how he did so is of no interest to me) and either simply asked - or more likely bribed - them into screencapping yet another piece of circumstancial evidence for him, which he then posted. Unfortunately for Masters, that attempt was somewhat of a failure as well, at which point he used another person I'd consider a friend, and a trustworthy one at that, to try and glean a piece of information from a post jcap made in a section not visible to Masters that would incriminate me once and for all. As I still respect said friend, I won't be naming them, but several of you know who I'm referring to.

The saddest part of all this? Masters still proved nothing aside from his own need to chop away at others. It's taken me this post to prove once and for all that I am, in fact, rossmum.

So, let's recap: I discovered how truly rife favouritism is on this site, and it sickens me. I discovered that some people will stop at nothing just to puff their own ego up. I discovered, once again, that trusting people is a stupid move.

Well done, H2vista.net. You lived up to my expectations, and then some. I only hope this is enough of a kick in the face to stop some of you from behaving in a manner I consider on par with, or worse than, Berkut's constant flaming.

Game over.
:eek: wow, nice little game rossmum, I had a odd feeling that I knew who Berkut realy was, just couldn't care that much to try to find out.

then Rossmum would be rich.

Agamemnon
August 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Stealth, seriously, stop your damn obsession with Masters. Add him to your ignore list or something. I'm sick and tired of you trying to start e-drama every where you go with him and then claim that "you're not."

Random
August 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
WHO THE HELL IS BERKUT?

Stealth
August 17th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Add him to your ignore list or something.
dude, you first, if you can find a way to put him on your ignore list with out the big fat ugly "sorry but you can not ignore this member do to the fact that he/she is a mod.":mad: and I'm not obsessed with him, and "you're not" causing a e-drama, it's already has been cause, but go ahead and believe what you like and chip away at my ego, at lest I'm not saying I never caused any drama bombs and e-dramas.
I'm going to shut up now, before things get bad.
heres, a tip: it's best to ignore me, I'll just shut up after one or two posts, and if you reply to me telling me to shut up and stop causing "e-Dramas" then you're just going to get one

kenney001
August 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Wow ross, you have sunk again. I understand completely where you are comming form on this test, but, it is not your name or anything that caused people to hate you. Its your attitude. I have seen more crap come from you than masterz, and masterz has at least done something to earn the respect from the community. He has a reason to be liked. and i must say although he does flame often, they are perfectly valid points he makes, just not always in the kindest manner.

If hitler came back today, you think people will just refresh their respect and treat him as neutrals? No, because his history has caused people to jump to negative conclusions about him. It is the same with you. you need to earn back the respect of the community instead of making this to bash the people. I have yet to see any master work from you that deserves the respect from us you are asking. You to most are just someone who overpost's usually about nothing important or completely relevant to the topic, and flames people while hes at it.

There are people here who have earned the respect from us and therefore people let things slide and jump to good conclusions. It is human nature and you need to get over it.

n00b1n8R
August 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
did this really surprise anyone?

Stealth
August 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM
not really, I've always known something wasn't right about these forums, but at lest there is some one here that is willing to point it out.

Agamemnon
August 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
dude, you first, if you can find a way to put him on your ignore list with out the big fat ugly "sorry but you can not ignore this member do to the fact that he/she is a mod.":mad: and I'm not obsessed with him, and "you're not" causing a e-drama, it's already has been cause, but go ahead and believe what you like and chip away at my ego, at lest I'm not saying I never caused any drama bombs and e-dramas.
I'm going to shut up now, before things get bad.
heres, a tip: it's best to ignore me, I'll just shut up after one or two posts, and if you reply to me telling me to shut up and stop causing "e-Dramas" then you're just going to get one
Stealth, what do you not understand about "stop?" Is it a strenuous concept you are unable to understand? How about "ignoring?" Can you really not ignore someone because you can't add them to your ignore list?

And if I recall correctly, it was you who joined his fan club first and then had a hissy fit and "threatened" everyone you'd kill yourself because you found out everyone doesn't have the mentality of a 12-year-old.

So let's try this again, shall we?

Stop.

If you can't understand that one, maybe this will help:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Stop_sign.png/600px-Stop_sign.png

CN3089
August 17th, 2007, 06:44 PM
jesus christ this thread http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-gonk.gif

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You openly said you just found out about this all of seven hours ago. :-|
No. Ross told me earlier this week, not seven hours ago.

ExAm
August 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Awesome stuff, Ross. It was really interesting to see how this turned out.

I found out it was you from the first sig you had on the account. The very same edited luftwaffe eagle you use so much. Of course, you also told me over Xfire.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rossmum again

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Berkut again.:(

Emmzee
August 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rossmum again

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rossmum again.
:eng101:

Rosco
August 17th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Wow ross, you have sunk again. I understand completely where you are comming form on this test, but, it is not your name or anything that caused people to hate you. Its your attitude. I have seen more crap come from you than masterz, and masterz has at least done something to earn the respect from the community. He has a reason to be liked. and i must say although he does flame often, they are perfectly valid points he makes, just not always in the kindest manner.

If hitler came back today, you think people will just refresh their respect and treat him as neutrals? No, because his history has caused people to jump to negative conclusions about him. It is the same with you. you need to earn back the respect of the community instead of making this to bash the people. I have yet to see any master work from you that deserves the respect from us you are asking. You to most are just someone who overpost's usually about nothing important or completely relevant to the topic, and flames people while hes at it.

There are people here who have earned the respect from us and therefore people let things slide and jump to good conclusions. It is human nature and you need to get over it.

I'm sorry but you're so damn wrong I will not attempt to put it right because Masters doesn't need to hear my story because I'm not a trusted friend. :lol:

Warsaw
August 17th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Wow I'm late...

That was a clever experiment Ross, +rep.

(I know I am somewhat guilty to sucking up. I admit failure :fail:)

Revord
August 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
did this really surprise anyone?

No surprise here. It seems that if I ever post anything around here, its usually flamed. Typically though, my posts end up pointing out an individuals ignorance and laziness in reading through a topic BEFORE they post their stupid questions. There is rarely anything that I have to add to what is being said primarily because Im not a mapper or modder, and the information that I usually am looking for is readily available in a sticky, although wading through the spam and the flaming is frustrating at times. Take this thread for example. Just to get to the place where I could post, I had to wade through all that crap between the first page and the 11th. Some of you "kiddies" wouldnt act like this if you were face to face, so be real, and quit being so immature.
Revord

TeeKup
August 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Clever very clever. Even had me fooled.

Kalub
August 17th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Damn, you had me goin!

How can I ever trust you again ross!? :smithicide:

SnaFuBAR
August 18th, 2007, 12:12 AM
cmt fanboy also; http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-godwin.gif
ftfy

Rob Oplawar
August 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Dammit, you know, I used to not care about social standing or popularity or any of that crap. I just lived my life without worry and if people liked me then so much the better and if they didn't then who cares. But then I got a life and experienced mild popularity, and now all of a sudden I read this thread and start worrying, what do these people think of me? I think, these guys are cool, I hope I don't slip up and make them think I'm a moron. I worry about receiving -rep, because I've been so careful-- not with the purpose of building +rep in mind, but with the purpose of not getting -rep. A happy medium. But now I've got three bars, and it would be horrible for me to lose one.

Fuck it. I know it doesn't mean jack shit for me to say it, but I'll say it anyway. I don't care. Part of me still worries about popularity, but a larger part of me longs for the time when I was in my happy place: people liked me well enough when they met me but pretty much forgot about me after that. Yeah I'm anti-social, that's why I post on a forum! I'm not telling anyone the rep system is bad, I'm just stating for the record, more for myself than anyone else, that I don't care.

I hope you all -rep me for this post.

LinkandKvel
August 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM
I'm a good member. I dont discriminate by the content of their post, but the color of their attitude.

EDIT: Wait, maybe it's the other way around.

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 12:30 AM
How was it 4:00 AM for you? It was four in the morning for me and I'm on the other side of the globe. :-/
It might've actually been 2, all I remember is that I should've been asleep at the time and the next morning I actually had no idea I'd done it (a common occurrence when I don't get enough sleep). I dunno, but whatever. I was dead to the world at the time.

How many people besides me knew?
About 10, maybe 15 tops (not all on these forums).

You should see how much this account has been warned...
Oh, I can imagine. :p

ftfy
Yeah, pretty much. It's funny how most of them still don't get it... funny, yet sad.

Emmzee
August 18th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I hope you all -rep me for this post.
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!
I +rep'd you, because I can identify with your opinions. In the old days of 2005-mid-2006, I was a giant noob in GBX. I was so worried about getting -repped, but I couldn't stop myself from making noob posts and threads.

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 01:18 AM
i'd rather be hated for what i am, then loved for what i am not.

Emmzee
August 18th, 2007, 01:47 AM
i'd rather be hated for what i am, then loved for what i am not.
That's odd. It's the exact opposite for me.

I'm loved for being :awesome:
I'm hated for not taking any shit. Except on my chest.

From Atty.
:-3

Dr Nick
August 18th, 2007, 02:22 AM
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!
I +rep'd you, because I can identify with your opinions. In the old days of 2005-mid-2006, I was a giant noob in GBX. I was so worried about getting -repped, but I couldn't stop myself from making noob posts and threads.
So you're not still afraid?

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 02:24 AM
That's odd. It's the exact opposite for me.

I'm loved for being :awesome:
I'm hated for not taking any shit. Except on my chest.

From Atty.
:-3
of cause it does swing both ways, but i wont go outta my way to seem awesome or to appease a mob by jumping on any bandwagons. i am what i am and if u like it +rep me :D

it's worked so far :awesome:

Emmzee
August 18th, 2007, 02:57 AM
of cause it does swing both ways, but i wont go outta my way to seem awesome or to appease a mob by jumping on any bandwagons. i am what i am and if u like it +rep me :D

it's worked so far :awesome:
Jumping on bandwagons?

Shit, I drive the bandwagons.

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 04:53 AM
i never mentioned names :downs:

it was merely a way some go about receiving rep, such as the ever growing Stealth hate wagon :)

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 05:25 AM
I really don't see what's up with that wagon >_>

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Oh, Stealth's done some seriously stupid stuff in the past. He seems to have stopped for the moment, though... either that or he's just not really posting in threads I read. It's all well and good to bitch at someone if you have a good reason, but simply agreeing to try and become popular is both stupid and rather pathetic :|

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 06:53 AM
lol if ross became a mod.... everyone would be banned for speelings

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Stealth stopped being retarded a little while ago.

Xet unwittingly made me realise I needed to clarify something - I am neither SuperNova nor Dr. Laura. Not ONI, either.
Dr. Laura is a talk show host on a AM Radio station I listen to occasionally. I hate her, she's like Dr. Phil.
Anyway, I happened to see (Well, hear, it's a radio) the show where she went "Undercover" on a undisclosed forum (This one) to see if she can fix it up. She failed badly, lol, and she basically said that the online community is fuxored up beyond control, they listen to no reason whatsoever, and that it's a virus, in essence, so you should stop buying video games.
Basically stuff I already knew.

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 07:18 AM
are u serious? a talk show host went undercover on this forum

lmfao.

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Really? Thought it was just another alt... or a gimmick account, even.

I must say though, someone's definition of 'undercover' needs work.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Undercover alright. Signing up with your name as your username, REAL STEALTHY!

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 07:30 AM
congrats on pissing off the american media guys :D

I knew we could do it if we worked together <3

legionaire45
August 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Heh, thats a new one. It's almost like what happened at DEFCON this year xD.

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 09:47 PM
congrats on pissing off the american media guys :D

I knew we could do it if we worked together <3
hahahah
<3

to much rep given out :gonk: