PDA

View Full Version : [Map] Church

CrowPath
August 17th, 2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_redbase-bm.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/redbase-bm.jpg) http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_mainroom-bm.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/mainroom-bm.jpg) http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_bluebase-bm.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/bluebase-bm.jpg)

http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_basement-bm.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/basement-bm.jpg) http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_dynamicmc.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/dynamicmc.jpg) http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/tn_final-mc.jpg (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/final-mc.jpg)

(click to enlarge)

Church Map File (60MB) (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church/church.zip)

Disclaimer

The Halo engine is pretty old now and was never really designed to do this amount of stuff all at the same time, so this map will run a lot slower than others. For decent fps with everything on at 1280x1024, you'll probably need a 6800 / X800 and an equally decent processor. Almost all of the map file is textures, so if you have an old 64MB gfx card or lower, you may need to turn down the texture quality.

Map Overview

The layout of the map is deceptively simple; two floors of the main room, a basement and the team flag rooms. But it is the way these areas are linked that can lead to a huge number of gameplay possibilities. The most obvious example of this is the top floor balcony, where the player can leap over the railing and down to the bottom floor at any time. Running around on the open floor there is highly dangerous, but it's where the two most powerful weapons, the pistol and rocket launcher, are placed. Grabbing these weapons will obviously help you immensely, but everyone in the room will know you're doing it. The pews and altar may offer some limited protection, but it is the covered perimeter of the ground floor that is the safest place on the entire map. The only weapons there are extra grenades and the plasma pistol (whose overcharge shot will be excellent for these straight, narrow sections), but it's also the easiest way to sneak across the room. To get back up to the top floor, there are ladders situated at the mid-point of both sides of the room.

The top floor offers protection from ahead and behind by the pillars and wall indentations. The pillars can also protect you from being attacked across the room, though positioning yourself like that will leave you open to the other directions. The assault rifle and plasma rifle can be found up here, a useful combination given the area's sideways confinement. You'll also find the needlers incredibly useful for blasting people braving the open floor below. The flamethrower is placed at the mid-point and will be devastating to anyone on the ladders. It will also be useful in the cramped tunnels, if you're willing to sacrifice another weapon to take it there. It's not possible to cross the main room width-ways along the blue side balcony, but this is balanced by the closer proximity of the rocket launcher. The teleporter to the red base is also a mixed blessing, since anyone can get in and out very quickly, but only on the ground floor, whereas the blue team has four entrances to the main room; two on each level. The final aspect of the main room are the two teleporters next to the ladders. Entering these will take you to the basement.

The basement can be a treacherous place and it takes longer to move through here than it does in the room above. But with some luck and skill it can be the best option to steal the flag or gain lots of kills. The sniper rifle is here, right at the end of the chute from the teleporters above. If you are able to take it to the balcony of the main room where it will be most useful, you can dominate until you need more ammo. This raised area is extremely confined, so be wary you don't get caught in there. From this position you can see what's happening in the rooms below, but you won't be able to do anything about it, since you can't shoot through the tight mesh. Note the coloured signal gems and use them to guide you the correct way. The three lower rooms offer a simple fighting area, with nothing in the way of weapons, except extra grenades. If you're in a tight spot, falling into the pool offers an escape, but pray your luck holds out, because you'll take damage and then land in the most dangerous part of the map. The four tunnels that lead off from the basement take you to special teleporters that eventually lead to the flag rooms. This is the main reason the basement route is so treacherous: you'll have to run through some extremely narrow tunnels to get through and the people coming down will be more appropriately armed for this.

Both bases have shotguns in them. Useless for the wide open main room, but lethal in the close-quarter tunnels. Here the teams differ again. The blue room has one single, wide tunnel that splits off halfway down. The red room has two distinct tunnels, one at each of the rear corners of the room. You'll also find the first aid kits here and a number of grenades. When the flag is stolen, the intricacy of the layout really comes into play through communication and teamwork. While there are a number of routes back, a well informed defence can effectively cut off the flag carrier from multiple points. Scoring on a 16 player CTF game is difficult, so the offense must be equally aware in order to be successful.

There is also full support for Oddball, King Of The Hill and Race. I've put quite a bit of thought into these gametypes and you'll find the layout causes just as much opportunity and conflict as the usual Slayer and CTF games.

-----

Finally, a huge thanks to David Gurrea and his free texture site, http://www.davegh.com/, a large number of the textures used in the map originally came from there. Without him, the map would've taken a lot longer to complete and wouldn't have a consistent style.

Church Homepage (http://www.earthenrecords.com/church)

sRuNjz1ZTPY

OmegaDragon
August 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Sweetness :D :D :D

Downloading now. Someone get a server up.

Bastinka
August 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Nice, downloading!

Limited
August 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hottage :D

Botolf
August 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Downloading! *flail*

Patrickssj6
August 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
FUCK! I tried Church.rar always...oh well :p

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Whooohooo. Downloading now!

Random
August 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Wow

:)

Rosco
August 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
WOOT :D

Bossniak
August 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Awesome! :D

Botolf
August 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Who's up for some immediate matches? :) (98%)

CrowPath
August 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
FUCK! I tried Church.rar always...oh well :p
Nice try, it was "zyxchurchxyz.zip" up until I was ready. :p

Ki11a_FTW
August 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I WILL HAVE A SERVER UP FOR A LONG TIME

SERVER STATS

name: Church all the way
Players: 12 maximum
Gameype: CTF

fatso784
August 17th, 2007, 06:27 PM
wow solicite much?

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
imma coming

Botolf
August 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hehe, your map contained too much awesome for my graphics card to handle, had to tone my settings down :lol:

Limited
August 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I keep getting network server connection lost when I join servers =\

Botolf
August 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I keep getting network server connection lost when I join servers =\
Same here, damn internetz :(

Enigma
August 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I just pewped in my pants.

STLRamsFan
August 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Sweet, maybe later tonight I will revive the Edward Jones Dome server for a bit. http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
As my internet is indeed fast enough to run a 16 player server.

Inferno
August 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
cant belive its out. ive been watching the wip all the way and its finally done :eek:

malolo420
August 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Nice work, good job on finally finishing it.
Can't wait for DL to finish.

Xegrot
August 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
:O

Trezeguet
August 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I started my cheap home server.
I had to tone down the graphics so people don't lagg as much.

It's pretty fun.

I'll have to email TheBuTcHeR later, he loved Siege.
Some of you might know him. (Or just you Teekup.)

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 07:57 PM
k guys My friend WaRReN and his man GODZILLA found a glitch. So he showed it to me and i took a screenie.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/b8f2531a92c44c58c542aeb2c743bd697f7d0eb4.jpg
What you gotta do is have 1 person go though that tele, and then not move, then the other ppl can just walk right through. Now that I think about it, its not really a glitch, more or less a modeling scheme. of sorts.

Con
August 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god Crowpath is god

OmegaDragon
August 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
k guys My friend WaRReN and his man GODZILLA found a glitch. So he showed it to me and i took a screenie.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/b8f2531a92c44c58c542aeb2c743bd697f7d0eb4.jpg
What you gotta do is have 1 person go though that tele, and then not move, then the other ppl can just walk right through. Now that I think about it, its not really a glitch, more or less a modeling scheme. of sorts.

You could just crouch jump over it by yourself.

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 08:13 PM
You could just crouch jump over it by yourself.

nope, tried it a few times doesnt work.

Botolf
August 17th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Anyone having trouble joining the HIV Dedicated server currently running Church? I get the "unable to join" message every time I attempt to enter.

OmegaDragon
August 17th, 2007, 08:15 PM
nope, tried it a few times doesnt work.

It takes a few tries, but it's possible.

Con
August 17th, 2007, 08:17 PM
wtf, only server with people playing this map is HIV, and I can't connect to their server. cool.

Anyone having trouble joining the HIV Dedicated server currently running Church? I get the "unable to join" message every time I attempt to enter.
same

OmegaDragon
August 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
For people having problems, join by direct IP.
8.9.37.83:2302

teh lag
August 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Wow. It's been a long time in coming, but this is by far one of, if not the best looking map ever released for CE.

Dr Nick
August 17th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Dammit, the only server running it is HIV and I can't connect!

STLRamsFan
August 17th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Join by direct IP, that's the best way to do it at this point.

flibitijibibo
August 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Jesus Christ, my 7950 GX2 could only manage 60-90 FPS in this map. Complete awesomeness!

Digikid
August 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Link terminated to save on my bandwidth.

Digikid
August 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Link added

Trinx
August 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, what a disappointment. I was expecting atleast decent gameplay out of this map, but no. Too much of tight quarters, and it's practically too easy for those who know how to play. Everything is just bad and the gameplay is very limited. Around 2 minutes of going around the map I know all the possible strategies and the weapon placements. All I have to do is take a Pistol and Shotgun and I have the whole map covered. Everything is just too open, like a field, if you're shot you have nowhere to go to try and take cover, especially on the main floor. This is just bad.

Terry
August 18th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I don't see what's so special about this map at all. The textures? Whoo-dee-do. It just falls into the same mediocre pile of custom maps.

The gameplay really sucks on it. It's amazingly open, and to dominate all you require is a shotty and a pistol. Try putting some scenery in smart places?
See, this is why most maps never really touch Bungie's in terms of gameplay. Look at Bloodgulch and Hang Em High. They each have appropriate cover, escape routes, and various ways to trick people. Heck, even Bungie's simplest map, Derelict, allows for trickery and smart gameplay.

The teleporters lag and the one in the centre actually depletes your health! Amazing! I'd sure want to teleport into some enemies in those conditions!

Also, all the time we've been getting these screenshots, I wouldn't have imagine you basically showed us the whole map. I thought there'd be actually rooms with interesting interiors and places suited for warfare...Sure the textures are nice, but no one looks at those while playing!
So basically two bland rooms with some corridors and a balcony.
Nice.

I run this map fine FPS-wise, just like any of Bungie's maps. The only problem is loading times which sometimes prevent me from connecting to a server. But not connecting to a server really isn't a problem to me, once I get my good textures.

And I know I'm going to get negged for voicing my opinion and being the only one not to be hypnotized by the good graphics which, in the end, sacrificed gameplay.

DaneO'Roo
August 18th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Hey guys, grow the fuck up.

I honestly can't believe the ignorance. Please, go fucking shoot yourselves. The guy works on the map for 2 years of his life to create a map unlike any other, pushing the limits of what the halo engine can do.

I personally think the gameplay is awesome. Half of the atmosphere in the gameplay is upheld by the visuals. It's meatn to be fast quick and simple. You people play blood gulch for fucks sake. "hurr straight forward omg!"

Try playing the game instead of trying to hide behind shit. This map I think is designed exactly the way he wanted it. Open and easy to cap and easy to defend teleporters in quick access to grab what you need and get where you want.

Go eat a dick. Or two.

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 01:07 AM
but no one looks at those while playing!

I do. I also have my video settings up all the way. They looked very appealing when i took the breaks in between the action. I've noticed a lot of people have fps lag in it, but if you have a descent card and an ok rig you should be fine. I also belive that the teleporters just felt a bit funny, but i couldnt peice too much together. The middle room did feel a bit out of place being like a large courtyard. Nonetheless this map is a spectacle, and I admire its beauty, past the gameplay.

Trinx
August 18th, 2007, 01:07 AM
You wouldn't know good gameplay if it bit you in the ass.
Personally, I don't give a shit how long he worked on it, if it is void of any decent gameplay, it blows.
And, just for sake, I only play Blood Gulch in public servers, in any other way it sucks.
This map is a joke to people who can actually play decently, and also fails in comparison to great maps Like Hang Em High and Rat Race.
I'm sorry if I don't agree with your piece of shit views on what makes a map good, and that makes me a 'kid', apparently.
And also apparently, if I don't agree with everyone else I'm ignorant, nice going there Dano!

Mass
August 18th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I think the visuals are excellent and for the time that I played on the map the gameplay was excellent too. I had a lot of fun with the sniper and shotgun particularly.

Botolf
August 18th, 2007, 01:17 AM
My only gameplay detractor was the tendency of rampant spawn-killing if the other team made a point to arrive at your base in force, but hey, didn't happen too often, and for objective games like CTF (with its base spawning), amount of deaths matters little anyway.

Anyways, I've heard many times that Crow has put years of effort into making this map, and it truly shows, it looks and feels like nothing I've ever played before in Halo CE. If a map fulfills the maker's goals and ambitions, it's a success, period. The map's what Crow wanted it to be, he deserves praise for sticking to it and making it happen.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Meh, my laptop is known for giving me the blue screen of death on certain maps (Yoyorast V1 and Infinity are 2 off of the top of my head), and this map is one of them. I would like to play, but I can't, at least not on this computer. =C (A really, really sad smiley face)

flibitijibibo
August 18th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Yes, it does make you a kid. Because the interwebs said so. =D

But seriously, this is a nice map. To me, it's like a good Chiron XP.

To those complaining about weapon domination blah blah blah, it's not like they're superpowered or anything. Remember, this isn't Halo 2, every weapon has a weakness, and all you have to do is exploit it. Shotgun being a bitch? Get far away! Good place for that = Main room.

To those complaining about gameplay issues, I haven't yet heard a [credible] reason why it's bad, other than weapon domination. Maybe it's the number of people? Explain before you flame. Damn I wish that rhymed.

EDIT- Just checked out the "die in the center portal" thing. I think all he has to do is lift the portal above the actual ground and it should be fixed.

TPE
August 18th, 2007, 02:20 AM
I've waited sooo long for this and have to wait longer

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/TPE_NS/church.jpg

AAA
August 18th, 2007, 02:31 AM
wow. that picture has to have been modified, my graphics card made the map look nothing like that..........how did you get that scanner for the FPS on your screen?...

TPE
August 18th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Disablealpharendertargets and ctrl+F12

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Oh shit, I kept thinking this was the video thread :(

I so have to fire up gaylo 1 to play this now! :)

ExAm
August 18th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Awesome stuff. You have my (long, long) download.

What was the music in the video, by the way?

In addition, this looks to be more of a graphic exhibition map than a gameplay oriented map. No problem there, though.

Disablealpharendertargets
In the halo console, or elsewhere?

p0lar_bear
August 18th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I haven't gotten a chance to do the gameplay testing, but I walked around and absorbed the visuals. It was very nicely done.

Everyone seems to have this mentality that Halo is meant to run 16 player Slayer or CTF matches all the time and every map has to conform to this. Has anyone tried this map on oddball/juggernaut/reverse tag? Race? King? With less than 16 players?

Also, if you'd like to PLAY and not sightsee, I'd recommend turning specular OFF. Disabling environmental cubemaps made my framerate go from 10 FPS to a full 30 while standing in the main foyer.

Botolf
August 18th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Ya, specular's such a magical setting on that map, I went from playing on 640x480 with settings maxed at 30 FPS to 1440x900 with settings maxed except specular on 20-30 FPS :lol:

Love De Lux
August 18th, 2007, 04:38 AM
In the halo console, or elsewhere?

config.txt in your Halo:CE folder, under the name of your gfx card name

0x0092 = "GeForce 7800GT"
Disablealpharendertargets

ExAm
August 18th, 2007, 05:03 AM
My card's not listed in there, and I can't find yours either. How do I put it in?

~ZMT~Trace
August 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM
It looks so awesome, but I don't know what to do with the rtf file. ;-;

Love De Lux
August 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
My card's not listed in there, and I can't find yours either. How do I put it in?

Put AA on. Then run halo. It'll crash. You'll see your gpu's code ( something like that 0x0000) in the error window. Then, just add it to the config.txt and tada :)

It looks so awesome, but I don't know what to do with the rtf file. ;-;

It's a text file. You can open it with word.

PyTh0N
August 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I don't see what's so special about this map at all. The textures? Whoo-dee-do. It just falls into the same mediocre pile of custom maps.

The gameplay really sucks on it. It's amazingly open, and to dominate all you require is a shotty and a pistol. Try putting some scenery in smart places?
See, this is why most maps never really touch Bungie's in terms of gameplay. Look at Bloodgulch and Hang Em High. They each have appropriate cover, escape routes, and various ways to trick people. Heck, even Bungie's simplest map, Derelict, allows for trickery and smart gameplay.

The teleporters lag and the one in the centre actually depletes your health! Amazing! I'd sure want to teleport into some enemies in those conditions!

Also, all the time we've been getting these screenshots, I wouldn't have imagine you basically showed us the whole map. I thought there'd be actually rooms with interesting interiors and places suited for warfare...Sure the textures are nice, but no one looks at those while playing!
So basically two bland rooms with some corridors and a balcony.
Nice.

I run this map fine FPS-wise, just like any of Bungie's maps. The only problem is loading times which sometimes prevent me from connecting to a server. But not connecting to a server really isn't a problem to me, once I get my good textures.

And I know I'm going to get negged for voicing my opinion and being the only one not to be hypnotized by the good graphics which, in the end, sacrificed gameplay.

Wow, what a disappointment. I was expecting atleast decent gameplay out of this map, but no. Too much of tight quarters, and it's practically too easy for those who know how to play. Everything is just bad and the gameplay is very limited. Around 2 minutes of going around the map I know all the possible strategies and the weapon placements. All I have to do is take a Pistol and Shotgun and I have the whole map covered. Everything is just too open, like a field, if you're shot you have nowhere to go to try and take cover, especially on the main floor. This is just bad.

This guy has worked long and hard on this map to try and make dumb asses like you happy.Sure he cant please everyone but at least don't be such a ass about it.Lets see both of your All Star maps....O wait you cant even make a map close to this.So get off his nuts you piece of shit and go criticize someone that actually deserves it.If you can show me a map even CLOSE to as good as his ill GTFO,until then I wont.This is in my opinion one of the best maps in CE ever.I reinstalled CE for it an I love it.I rarely post on these forums but I had to say something to jackasses like you two who cant even map or if you can you make box maps with random shit everywhere.I have spoken,
and BTW nice map CrowPath :)

ExAm
August 18th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Put AA on. Then run halo. It'll crash. You'll see your gpu's code ( something like that 0x0000) in the error window. Then, just add it to the config.txt and tada :)

It's a text file. You can open it with word.
And how do I enable AA?

By the way, Mac Halo has built-in AA, and a graphic config window that runs at startup :downs:

One of the advantages of that version.

Botolf
August 18th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Those glowy globes have crazy bullet ricochet:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7805/churchmapdx5.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=churchmapdx5.jpg)

StankBacon
August 18th, 2007, 04:05 PM
You wouldn't know good gameplay if it bit you in the ass.
Personally, I don't give a shit how long he worked on it, if it is void of any decent gameplay, it blows.
And, just for sake, I only play Blood Gulch in public servers, in any other way it sucks.
This map is a joke to people who can actually play decently, and also fails in comparison to great maps Like Hang Em High and Rat Race.
I'm sorry if I don't agree with your piece of shit views on what makes a map good, and that makes me a 'kid', apparently.
And also apparently, if I don't agree with everyone else I'm ignorant, nice going there Dano!

wow.....

grow up.

Rosco
August 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Your both pieces of shit.This guy has worked long and hard on this map to try and make dumb asses like you happy.Sure he cant please everyone but at least don't be such a ass about it.Lets see both of your All Star maps....O wait you cant even make a map close to this.So get off his nuts you piece of shit and go criticize someone that actually deserves it.If you can show me a map even CLOSE to as good as his ill GTFO,until then I wont.This is in my opinion one of the best maps in CE ever.I reinstalled CE for it an I love it.I rarely post on these forums but I had to say something to jackasses like you two who cant even map or if you can you make box maps with random shit everywhere.I have spoken,
and BTW nice map CrowPath :)

Like yoyorast worked long and hard on his map yet you leaked a version of it.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Theres a 24/7 Chuch and some other map server. Well it runs Church thats all I care about. There were also a few servers too but they had 0-1 player in it.

It has yet to be seen on halomaps which may explain it.

Trinx
August 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
wow.....

grow up.

Wow....
Think of something else please.

@ Python: Ah yes, the classic "try it yourself" response. You should probably go back to English class before I take your post seriously. Do you want a list?
Wartorn Cove 3, Hang Em High, Chill Out, Rat Race, Wizard, and Derelict, just to name a few.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Either way you really have to think on why this map was designed in the first place.

Chizzle110
August 18th, 2007, 09:55 PM
This is one of the coolest maps i ever seen. I am downloading it right now!

phase
August 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
This guy has worked long and hard on this map to try and make dumb asses like you happy
Effort doesn't matter its the outcome.(But putting effort in something helps)
Want a list of everything bad in this map?

Lets see both of your All Star maps....O wait you cant even make a map close to this.So get off his nuts you piece of shit and go criticize someone that actually deserves it.If you can show me a map even CLOSE to as good as his ill GTFO,until then I wont.
One doesn't have to make maps to judge a maps gameplay just play them.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm starting to get sick of all this stuff about gameplay. We all know that the map has gameplay flaws. We all know that a few simple strategies can dominate the map. We all know the flaws with the central teleporter and what weapons you need to dominate the map, etc, etc, etc.

However thats not what I focus on. It's not what I expected to appreciate from this map. What I appreciated is that a guy spent 2 years of his life making a map to push the Halo engine to the limits and released it for us. Thats why I like this map so much. I never looked forward to the gameplay. I looked forward to the fact I can finnally walk around the map and look at what 2 years of hard work finnally turned into and start appreciating it.

But you know what? I can't stop all this nitpicking. We all can't. We can't stop people from simply picking at anything for what its not supposed to be, in all reality thats just human nature. Well, I'm done ranting. This is my opinion like it or not thats just what I think.

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 10:32 PM
playing this, I realised I had forgotten how ugly the Halo 1 needler is :(

TPE
August 19th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Needler has always sucked.

heres what my config under nvidia looks like

///////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// NVIDIA
//
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Vendor = 0x10b4 "nVidia"
Vendor = 0x12d2 "nVidia"
Vendor = 0x10de "nVidia"
DisableBuffering
DisableAlphaRenderTargets
0x1b1d = "Riva 128"
0x0008 = "NV 1"
0x0009 = "NV 1"
0x0010 = "NV 2"

Disablebuffering makes me have less mouse lag at lower FPS, but i got complaints it removes the radar. It doesnt for me though.

DisableAlphaRenderTargets makes the specular more shiny, better FPS, no "blurry scope" effect, and better night vision effect.

Pooky
August 19th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Needler is fucking win, the Halo 1 version is just ugly. Halo 2 needler ftw.

DaneO'Roo
August 19th, 2007, 01:14 AM
For fucks sake.

The map is awesome, it's more of a graphical showcase map, but it's fucking awesome. Just play the dam map, quit nitpicking.

Didn't he have to cut down on polies anyway? I think there was no choice than for it to be a simple map.

Also, Trinx, WHAT THE FUCK does it matter to you?

It's not your fucking map, it's his. Hes the one who worked hard on it.

Sucks? Don't.Shit.Up.The.Fucking.Topic.

Just don't play it, simple.

Pooky
August 19th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Huh? I'm not nitpicking, just commenting that the Halo1 needler is ugly... though perhaps it could have used a graphical upgrade. I never got what the super low res part on the back was for.

DaneO'Roo
August 19th, 2007, 01:34 AM
no i meant the ingrateful faggots bitching about gameplay, when the gameplay really isn't their style. Some people like tight corners and shit. I for one love it.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Hes talking about these (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=141739&postcount=39)two (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=141750&postcount=40) idiots. The guys who my last rant (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=142539&postcount=70) were dedicated to.

Botolf
August 19th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Church is awesome for close quarters combat, the atmosphere and overall polish makes it a whole level above your average map, really. I've been playing it every day since it was released, I wish more maps felt this "complete".

nooBBooze
August 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Im really not into dark medieval themes... the map is fun to play with 8+ players tough. but when it gets cold and lonely id rather quit it.
Sunshinerainbowunicornhappymaps usually improve my mood after this :)

Rosco
August 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hes talking about these (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=141739&postcount=39)two (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=141750&postcount=40) idiots. The guys who my last rant (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=142539&postcount=70) were dedicated to.

Oh, so I can call you an idiot for not agreeing with them. :downs:

They want to play this map because they think it looks great. What's stopping them is the fact there's no good gameplay for them. You're telling them to give Crowpath a break because he worked hard on the map. They're just commenting on how they feel about the map, it's no different to snaf or tweek commenting on models, don't just tell them to fuck off when they're entitled to say how they feel about this map. Heck, the next map crowpath makes could be thought up using the regards in this thread. Maybe if people wouldn't shoot these guys looking for gameplay down because they don't know who they are, maybe we wouldn't have the topic fall in flames because people replied to them in the way they did.

Terry
August 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM

*sigh*
Fine, call me an idiot then, ungrateful even.
My post was merely pointing out the flaws of the map. I didn't mean to flame anyone or to cause anger. I admit, perhaps I was a bit harsh (posted that kinda late) , but my point still stands.
And Dano, I don't want to "shit up" the topic, I'm helping. How is he (or anyone for that matter) supposed to improve if we keep worshipping them all the time? Criticism is necessary.
"Grow up?". Review your posts for the irony, cookie if you find it. I was just trying to help. I guess you guys enjoy hindering further improvement.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 09:29 AM
More or less the posts seem a bit.....well flame worthy seeing as it was more of a whats so special about one of the most anticipated for Halo CE posts which of course is bound to get flaming.

Which is more or less really saying Halo 2 sucks in front of a 12 year old cultist. Fuck. Well reading over your posts I do see your points but next time....word them better.

Rosco
August 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM
More or less the posts seem a bit.....well flame worthy seeing as it was more of a whats so special about one of the most anticipated for Halo CE posts which of course is bound to get flaming.

Which is more or less really saying Halo 2 sucks in front of a 12 year old cultist. Fuck. Well reading over your posts I do see your points but next time....word them better.

Yes, and you call them idiots for shitting up the topic.

Ironic meter has exploded.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 09:40 AM
.....I'm sorry what? Acknowledgment of what they were saying after I call them idiots really doesn't make much sense to have the Irony-o-meter explode.

Rosco
August 19th, 2007, 09:51 AM
.....I'm sorry what? Acknowledgment of what they were saying after I call them idiots really doesn't make much sense to have the Irony-o-meter explode.

Other people were telling them not to shit up the topic, yet they themselves were flaming the guys giving opinions, thanks.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I get it. Anyway can we stop talking about this regardless of who's shitting up the thread?

Sel
August 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I admit, that looks pretty bitching.

Con
August 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I thought the map was very fun :) It's no more open than Blood Gulch, but people play that all day so I don't see why they're complaining.

mech
August 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
No one's going to play this.

PS: I've never seen a specular before.

p0lar_bear
August 19th, 2007, 11:49 PM
More or less the posts seem a bit.....well flame worthyGet it through your head that there is no such thing as a "flameworthy" post. Only "flamebait" and "warn/banworthy". If you disagree with that, then you lack maturity.

Those two have a point by the way; this map is beautiful, but what is it if it doesn't play well? Using this logic, Vertigo Shitty City must be the best map ever in production, since it's been so for about three years.

WaЯReN
August 20th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Well, as far as Ganon, Godzilla, and I know I was the first to notice the skull teleporter glitch.

ExAm
August 20th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Well, as far as Ganon, Godzilla, and I know I was the first to notice the skull teleporter glitch.I went through those many times, simply because they were so :awesome: and creepy-ish, and I never noticed any bugs with them. Praytell, what is this bug?

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
So Church is up on Halomaps.

Neuro Guro
August 20th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Hey Crowpath, I love the map and I really look up to you because of all this effort you put into making this map (like 3 years or something wasn't it??) I think it turned out great and I congratulate you on that! =D

UXB
August 20th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Title: Church
Description: A highly detailed interior of a church
File: church.zip
Size: 62.6M Date: 08/20/07
Media Type: Zip

Map Size: Medium

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3135

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Whoa, the download counter for it jumped from 10 to 50 in around ten minutes :XD:

Archon23
August 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Okay NOW we can expect a lot of servers to host this, and enjoy seeing halomaps bandwith go down the drain.

Teh Ganon
August 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM
People Downloading:

UXB
August 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM
www.halomaps.org (http://www.halomaps.org) - 3 Map Server
http://hce.halomaps.org/server/?IP=66.34.3.169&Port=2302&returnURL=../index.cfm?pg=66

Running:

Church (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3135)
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/1screenshot00-102.jpg
(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3135)Author: Crowpath
Size: 62.6MB Date: 08/20/07
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/icons/zip.gif Downloads: 187.0
User Rating:
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gif

Practicum npb1 (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3122)
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/12screenshot00-43.jpg
(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3122)Author: Nexus
Size: 5.4MB Date: 08/17/07
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/icons/zip.gif Downloads: 153.0
User Rating:
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/1user-star.gifhttp://hce.halomaps.org/images/halfuser-star.gif

Tactics (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3152)
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/sm/33screenshot00-6.jpg
(http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3152)Author: [EMT] - xXBigDaddyXx171
Size: 15.1MB Date: 08/20/07
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/icons/zip.gif Downloads: 37.0
User Rating:
Not Rated

Archon23
August 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Too bad that server gets 0-3 players daily.

UXB
August 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Too bad that server gets 0-3 players daily.
Too bad useless comments weren't money.

You now have at least one server hosting it. Play on it or don't either is fine. It is there for anyone who wants it. Oh and by the way... you are welcome.

Teh Ganon
August 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Its true though, not too many people play on it because of the maps and the fact people join servers that are already filled up. But when I get a bunch of friends to play, its usually the server we go to. But not as of late because of the aging mapcycle. But this new one, we will defiantly try it out.