PDA

View Full Version : [Map] UMT Archive

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Yes, this was one of the maps that was leaked. However, we managed to rush a replacement into Halomaps right before Dennis took them off of the FTP server.
Anyway, this is the final (Pretty much), only differences between this one and the real final are the addition of race, slightly extended credits, and a buggy BSP switch.
So let's get to the map:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3119
Readme:

Soundly nestled in A forunner burial shrine, lies a peacefull cliff outpost. Don't be decieved by the gentleness of the waterfall, as this is a battleground for all who walk upon it.

Designed for CTF, with 2 sides of symetrical qualities. Runs on all gametypes except race. Best run on 4 to 16 players.

Acknowledgement:
The entire UMT team at the time of creation for all of their effort and hard dedication:

Jay2645
M6dEEp
Teh Ganon
Donut
Caboose117
IllegalCheatsman
Simulacrum
Pimp Pope
Murderdollz
Massacre
Exodus
Nexus Halo
Wolf

Special thanks to CMT-D4no for the awesome ground texture! As well as the Halo CE community for all your enthusiasm and support!

Also, try to find the secret Banana! There's a way to get it without devmode, but only select members of UMT (Including me and Ganon) know how, and we aren't telling.

Archon23
August 17th, 2007, 10:12 PM
.......Why did you replace the announcer? The current one sounds awful.

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Wasn't me, blame Ganon for that one.
I like him, personally, but UMT is split on that one.

Mass
August 17th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, there are actually quite a few errors, although I have already started redoing the BSP completely for round two, which is a bit colder...
So, reporting errors is more of a make me feel bad than make positive difference sorta thing....and the readme is bad. lol.

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, we do need to redo the readme for V2.

SMASH
August 17th, 2007, 10:16 PM
For such a big team you guys make little maps ^_^. Looks good though.

Mass
August 17th, 2007, 10:17 PM
yeah, its perty and I like the layout but now I hate the bases and the errors make me feel like masturbating with sandpaper, and snowchive is bigger slightly too.

Jay2645
August 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks.
Yeah, we do make little maps. Most of us prefer close-quarters combat, but we're working on a bigger map now.
Ever heard of Zanzibar? It's a spiritual equivalent of Zanzibar, but not quite. Hard to explain without screenies.

Mass
August 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
wait what? you lost me with that spiritual shit. I kinda have no idea WHICH wip you mean...

OMG I missed that somehow.
Also its not last resort if any of you are thinking that, I don't like mods or ports.

Teh Ganon
August 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
jay stop talking.

fatso784
August 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM
A Zanzibar remake thats not Last Resort? And sandpaper? And secret bananas? You guys have me so lost I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Wait. A Zanzibar remake thats Zanzibar but its a remake of Zanzibar, and its named Zanzibar too? Thats not Last Resort?

I am so lost right now.

~ZMT~Trace
August 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Pretty bad day to release this.

:looks at thread below this one:

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Blame Dennis. It was leaked back on the day Yoyorast V2 was originally supposed to come out.
And no, it's not a remake of Zanzibar, it's more of the Spiritual Successor of Zanzibar. It's not called Zanzibar or Last Resort either. It's based in a UNSC military base, and- *Sees Ganon giving him the evil eye* Ma-Maybe I should shut up now.

~ZMT~Trace
August 18th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Blame Dennis. It was leaked back on the day Yoyorast V2 was originally supposed to come out.

Yeah, lets blame Dennis for providing a space for our Halo maps, but lets not blame the person who leaked it in the first place!

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, lets blame Dennis for providing a space for our Halo maps, but lets not blame the person who leaked it in the first place!
Ganon went all Sherlock Holmes-y, and figured out who leaked the maps.
Kid really wanted in UMT, but we said no. However, at the time I liked him (Somewhat), and I let him use my ATV, which I had uploaded while logged in, as I did with the leaked maps. Kid must have also downloaded the leaked maps as well, taking it upon himself to become a beta tester. When the final results came back as no, he got really pissed at all of us, so much we had to ban him from the forums, then Ganon went on Kid's forums under the name WaRReN, our lead beta tester. He proceeded to spam Kid's forums until the account got banned. Naturally, Kid was really pissed, so he decided to cause some mayhem in UMT by uploading Archive, Snow Grove, and Swamp Grove onto Halomaps under the name Warren.
Ganon was fucking around on the Halomaps FTP server for some reason one day, and he saw the UMT maps that were uploaded on it. We quickly informed Dennis of the leak, however, his response was the generic "No" he gives to anybody asking him to pull a leak out from Halomaps. So we scrambled to get another build of Archive ready, naming the file the exact same name as it is on the FTP server, and I took the liberty of uploading the finished version to Halomaps, overwriting Kid's version. That is the one you can download now.
Anyway, Ganon's original post on this:

It was kid as far as im concerned. Evidence against him:

1) "HAHA YEAH YOU LAUGH NOW, IN A FEW DAYS IT IS I TAHT WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH" (Hi, Jay again, he said that on Halomaps, for those who missed it)

2) I spammed his forums under the name WaЯReN.

3)Hes a dickfucker

4)he told me XD
Well, I suppose the last part gave it away, but still...
Any chance anyone in CMT is willing to unleash a virus on his computer like you did to Hogfaggot?

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 02:02 PM
jay im never telling you anything again.

~ZMT~Trace
August 18th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Any chance anyone in CMT is willing to unleash a virus on his computer like you did to Hogfaggot?

As far as I knew, they didn't send him a virus, but fucked up his forums and got his mothers phone number.

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I thought cheatsman messed up the forums

~ZMT~Trace
August 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I thought cheatsman messed up the forums

OHHHH.

Man you missed out.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 02:17 PM
jay im never telling you anything again.
Oh, come on, I'm just talkative is all. Plus, that was on the forums, and left for open transaction to the H2V forum.
Probably best if I don't have any clue about those things, though, as I can't help myself. Like Ross and his post count.

Mass
August 18th, 2007, 03:02 PM
for the good of humanity jay, drink a nice tall glass of shut the fuck up.:words:=you
:(=everyone else.

now that that is cleared up, yeah, I like church better too. :p

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 03:06 PM
It was an okay map, good layout and design, just unpolished as hell. You guys need to work on making your maps look and feel more professional. (also the Mongoose animations are terrible :( )

fatso784
August 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah i can see alot of smoothing and UV errors all over the place. On the top of the structure in the middle, where the sniper is, is badly smoothed.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Don't forget, this was a leaked version, if Kid hadn't leaked it, it would look a LOT better. That's why we're making a V2.

meepster
August 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I had every right to leak ur map. I did NOTHING to umt, then ganon spammed my forum for no reason. Shows you how mature UMT really is. and yes this is me kid. Ban me. My rep is ruined anyway.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
You mean that one where your directing a forum topic against another person without taking it to PMs?

Bastinka
August 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
You need to look at some forerunner architecture, make the map fit the 'Halo scheme'. Your structures look just a little bit like forerunner, if you didn't intend them to well then nevermind.

It's allright.. I dislike it though, too many unecessary extrudes > bevels.

Mass
August 18th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'm actually aware of that.
and in the new version I'm making I've taken out the bases and put brand new ones in that are more sidewinderish.
Also there are errors, it is unpolished, and it is over beveled because I made it when that was still my style.

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Don't forget, this was a leaked version, if Kid hadn't leaked it, it would look a LOT better. That's why we're making a V2.

no it was our version. told you that. stop talking

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
You guys still need to make it look like the installation actually serves a purpose, instead of being some pointless hunk of metal sitting there for no reason ._.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
You guys still need to make it look like the installation actually serves a purpose, instead of being some pointless hunk of metal sitting there for no reason ._.
Well, the stuff on A30 had no purpose, Archive's actually used to shoot energy beams into the sky, but they killed people who were trying to snipe (lol), so we had to take them out.
And Kid, you had NO right to steal our map. At all. You were becoming a bitch and a noob after we denied you in UMT, and, well, I'm still not clear on the exact details, but you deserve what you got.
See if I ever trust you with anything, Kid.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
no it was our version. told you that. stop talking
But I like talking...
It gives my fingers exercise. That way I can have a good excuse for not going outside.

Pooky
August 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Well, the stuff on A30 had no purpose

They had a very clear purpose, which was to shoot giant mysterious energy beams into the sky.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Also to provide cover for you newly scatter marines.

Mass
August 19th, 2007, 01:01 AM
V2 has a purpose, now it actually fits its name, data storage. I'll have pics of the new center interior space is textured.
V2 is like a thawing mountain so there will be waterfalls and streams still.
I will say that while the layout bears an extremely strong resemblence to archive, not a single face remains of the old BSP.

DaneO'Roo
August 19th, 2007, 01:30 AM
its ok, but the announcer really is gross.

Jay2645
August 19th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I added a poll for you guys on the announcer, as I'm sure you've noticed.

fatso784
August 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM
V2 has a purpose, now it actually fits its name, data storage. I'll have pics of the new center interior space is textured.
V2 is like a thawing mountain so there will be waterfalls and streams still.
I will say that while the layout bears an extremely strong resemblence to archive, not a single face remains of the old BSP.

Wow then it's not so much Archive V2 as it is Data Storage. Kinda like Coagulation and Bloodgulch..

Jay2645
August 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Think more of Lockout and Guardian. That's pretty much the changes so far.

Mass
August 19th, 2007, 10:14 PM
its ok, but the announcer really is gross.

agreed.

Jay2645
August 19th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Well, it appears the overwhelming majority wants the classic one. It looks as if we'll resort to using the classic one then, unless the votes are changed by release.

t3h m00kz
August 20th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Nice design, and damnit I can't find that bananna.

And also.. the announcer?

I'm not one to complain but it was like a knife in my eye being twisted 180 degrees. You know, you could always use the Unreal Championship 2 announcer, LOL ;0

No seriously check it out lol http://media.putfile.com/Unreal-Championship-2-announcer

Teh Ganon
August 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
M-M-M-MONSTER KILL. the unreal dude doesnt sound very halo esque. We would like something custom so mb the h2 ones. Or iv'e been told i can pull off a nice announcer voice.

Jay2645
August 20th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I have some H3 ones I've been saving for Last Resort. Not a complete set, but most of them.

Pooky
August 20th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I guess no one else thought the current announcer was the luls. :saddowns:

Archon23
August 20th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I laughed then I wanted to pry my ears out.

Jay2645
August 21st, 2007, 12:51 AM
So did I. Just took me a bit longer then most.