PDA

View Full Version : HCE League Maybe?

STLRamsFan
August 18th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Well I'm curious, how would you all feel if the HCE league makes a comeback? Over the years the league has been critized for lack of organization and such. I would like to give it a go once again. Below is the rulebook. If you have any suggestions, concerns, or whatever. Feel free to post.

Welcome to another year of the HCE League! We ended the last league when KOD defeated CAF in the finals. Over the years there have been quite a bit of critism of the league. Hopefully this year we can be much more organized than the other times. The rules have been revised and it is advised that you take a moment to read them.

And first things first to those who are new to the league: The weapon setup for this league is standard weapons. Things like modications, all heavies, all vehicles are not in this league (Coldsnap and Hugeass are prime examples). If this isn't what you're looking for then do NOT join.

1. Setup - Matches:

a. Matches and times must be confirmed at least one day before the game is scheduled. On gameday, if a team is missing people or something, teams must play with less people/forfeit/etc.
However, if both teams have an agreement to delay the game then you must give the time and day to the admins via PM or email. This is so it'll give us a chance to plan. However, please don't keep delaying the game to the point that it holds up the entire league. Admins have the power to overturn a delay if they feel that it is holding up the league.

b. Team leaders must present their contact information to officials. It'll make things easier for everyone. Teams should discuss times with their opponents, and present the information to the officials/admins.

c. When suggesting playtimes, teams MUST indicated their region (EST/GMT/etc.) for organization's sake.

d. Teams should have an even game as much as possible, 5 starters per team. Backups are welcome.

e. Free Agents- You are free to add other players before the games start. Once the games start you cannot add another player to your roster. Any player that is not on the roster will be kicked (excluding refs, specs, and admins).

f. Once the games starts you will not be allowed to add another player to the roster. This was a major problem last time. If you add another player before the first game of the league starts then the change will be accepted. Make sure you had your roster set incase the unexpected happens (ex: 2 starts leave your team).

g. Teams and team leaders must be cooperative in helping organize the matches.

h. Spectators - If you would like to watch the games then please contact an admin prior to the game. Remember there are limited spaces in the game so not everyone can join.

i. Filmers - Filmers would be greatly appreciated. We would like to have 2-3 filmers at the most. One editor is suggested but not required.

2. Setup - Maps:

a. The two opposing teams are to decide on the *gametype* for the 3/5/7 matches.

b. Maps are chosen by the officials. (complete maplist will be agreed upon beforehand, teams must be prepared). If an official is assiocated with a team then they will have no say in the choosing of the maps. This is to prevent bias accusions out of the league.

3. Games:

a. Hacks - If you are caught cheating of any sort, you and your team are banned on the spot. No questions asked.

b. Anything goes ingame, however no camping in secret places (i.e. top of maps, pushing out of
barriers, etc.)

c. Please keep the game civil. No one, under any circumstances, may insult the opposing team purposefully (Unless it is known to be playful) - the offending player may be subject to a ban, if multiple players then the team may be DQ'ed. Swearing is fine as Halo can get frusturating. However, don't flood the chat swears as you will be warned and kicked from the game if you continue.

d. Keep the complaining to a minimal, if you have suggestions or concerns. Please contact an admin.

4. Overtime:

If for some reason the match is still tied after three games. There will be a sudden death match played on one of the original maps by bungie to keep everyone mostly happy. If both teams agree to which map should be played in overtime that would be great.

How the game will be setup is simple:

1 Capture
No Timelimit
Standard Weapons
And whoever wins this game is considered the winner of the series.

MERECATFISH's CAUTION SYSTEM

Similar to soccer, a sort of Yellow/Red card system will be implemeted.
Out of the game for a red card offense (and miss next game), out of the game for 2 yellow card offenses.

Red card offence:
- Out of map
- Severe insults (Nazi, ******, etc)
- General dickheadedness

Yellow card offence:
- Flooding chat
- Swearing constantly
- Suggesting cheating/out of map
- Minor insults

Referees mainly, but League officials in general will keep track of these offenses.

Limited
August 18th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Perhaps wait to see if bitter works out his anti aimbot app? :)

And yes, HCE league is known to get cancelled. I hope if planning starts, it actually happens this time.

STLRamsFan
August 18th, 2007, 12:52 AM
It actually finished both times from what I understand. Just got delayed 5000 times. =/

Limited
August 18th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I remember merecatfish saying it was cancelled on GBX

Trinx
August 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'd be up for it, but hopefully it'll be more organized this time around.

STLRamsFan
August 18th, 2007, 01:00 AM
That's weird because I don't remember that. =/

Oh well, at least last year's ended ok (sortof). Just edited the rulebook to be a bit more readable.

Edit: In response to Limited

stankpot
August 18th, 2007, 01:01 AM
that would be cool tbh. :D

Mass
August 18th, 2007, 01:03 AM
I'm all for the comeback of the league. I loved the old videos.
Also it might be cool if it was made so that people could make custom flags for their team and use it for the matches.
yes.

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 01:08 AM
If anyone is too lazy to make their own custom flag, send them to me and I'll do it for them. I've made quite a few flag bitmaps in the past, including the UMT flag seen on Archive.

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I also agree with massacre. The videos were awesome, the maps were awesome, I would love to see the return.

Limited
August 18th, 2007, 01:12 AM
That's weird because I don't remember that. =/

Oh well, at least last year's ended ok (sortof). Just edited the rulebook to be a bit more readable.

Edit: In response to LimitedI cant remember when it was but I knew I was pretty bummed because it got pretty far planned.

Trezeguet
August 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I cant remember when it was but I knew I was pretty bummed because it got pretty far planned.

Are you talking about the HaloCE 2v2 Tournament?
That actually was canceled by merecatfish.

The HaloCE league did finish, I remember [KOD] won.

Terry
August 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'd be up for it, but hopefully it'll be more organized this time around.

that would be cool tbh. :D

I'd love to do it. Hopefully with these two as teammates.

supersniper
August 18th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Well there is a Halo Trial League, they are trying to bring it to be Halo PC also. Sooo I see that we should have a HCE league.

STLRamsFan
August 19th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Just updated the rule book a little bit. If you any questions feel free to ask. I'm trying to prevent a repeat of years past. Any suggestions would be great and considered. Thanks!

Welcome to another year of the HCE League! We ended the last league when KOD defeated CAF in the finals. Over the years there have been quite a bit of critism of the league. Hopefully this year we can be much more organized than the other times. The rules have been revised and it is advised that you take a moment to read them.

And first things first to those who are new to the league: The weapon setup for this league is standard weapons. Things like modications, all heavies, all vehicles are not in this league (Coldsnap and Hugeass are prime examples). If this isn't what you're looking for then do NOT join.

1. Setup - Matches:

a. Matches and times must be confirmed at least one day before the game is scheduled. On gameday, if a team is missing people or something, teams must play with less people/forfeit/etc.
However, if both teams have an agreement to delay the game then you must give the time and day to the admins via PM or email. This is so it'll give us a chance to plan. However, please don't keep delaying the game to the point that it holds up the entire league. Admins have the power to overturn a delay if they feel that it is holding up the league.

b. Team leaders must present their contact information to officials. It'll make things easier for everyone. Teams should discuss times with their opponents, and present the information to the officials/admins.

c. When suggesting playtimes, teams MUST indicated their region (EST/GMT/etc.) for organization's sake.

d. Teams should have an even game as much as possible, 5 starters per team. Backups are welcome.

e. Free Agents- You are free to add other players before the games start. Once the games start you cannot add another player to your roster. Any player that is not on the roster will be kicked (excluding refs, specs, and admins).

f. Once the games starts you will not be allowed to add another player to the roster. This was a major problem last time. If you add another player before the first game of the league starts then the change will be accepted. Make sure you had your roster set incase the unexpected happens (ex: 2 starts leave your team).

g. Teams and team leaders must be cooperative in helping organize the matches.

h. Spectators - If you would like to watch the games then please contact an admin prior to the game. Remember there are limited spaces in the game so not everyone can join.

i. Filmers - Filmers would be greatly appreciated. We would like to have 2-3 filmers at the most. One editor is suggested but not required.

j: Series - The league will consist of 3 game series for the first few matches. In the semifinals it jumps to 5. In the finals it jumps to 7.

2. Setup - Maps:

a. The two opposing teams are to decide on the *gametype* for the 3/5/7 matches.

b. Maps are chosen by the officials. (complete maplist will be agreed upon beforehand, teams must be prepared). If an official is assiocated with a team then they will have no say in the choosing of the maps. This is to prevent bias accusions of the league.

3. Games:

a. Hacks - If you are caught cheating of any sort, you and your team are banned on the spot. No questions asked, even if it's your friend, brother, whatever. It is your responsibly that your teammates are not cheaters and will play fair.

b. Anything goes ingame, however no camping in secret places (i.e. top of maps, pushing out of barriers, etc.).

c. Please keep the game civil. No one, under any circumstances, may insult the opposing team purposefully (Unless it is known to be playful) - the offending player may be subject to a ban, if multiple players then the team may be DQ'ed. Swearing is fine as Halo can get frusturating. However, don't flood the chat swears as you will be warned and kicked from the game if you continue.

d. Keep the complaining to a minimal, if you have suggestions or concerns. Please contact an admin.

4. Game Setup:

CTF:
No assault
Multi Flag
Flag at home to score
3 Caps
30 minutes Time limit

Slayer:
50 Kills
TK Off
Killing specs, admins, and refs is prohibited.

5. Overtime:

If for some reason the match is still tied after the 3 or 5 or 7 series, there will be a sudden death match played on one of the original maps by bungie to keep everyone mostly happy. If both teams agree to which map should be played in overtime that would be great.

How Overtime will be setup is simple:

CTF
1 Capture
No Timelimit
Standard Weapons

Slayer
50 kills
No Timelimt
Standard Weapons

Gametype Decision Process:

CTF in first overtime of the league
Slayer in the next

Endless cycle. And whoever wins this game is considered the winner of the series.

MERECATFISH's CAUTION SYSTEM

Similar to soccer, a sort of Yellow/Red card system will be implemeted.

Out of the game for a red card offense (and miss next game), out of the game for 2 yellow card offenses.

Red card offence:
- Out of map
- Severe insults (Nazi, ******, etc)
- General dickheadedness

Yellow card offence:
- Flooding chat
- Swearing constantly
- Suggesting cheating/out of map
- Minor insults

Referees mainly, but League officials in general will keep track of these offenses.

mech
August 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds neat.

MereCatfish
August 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
*steps out of hiding*

Go for it.

Limited
August 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Are you talking about the HaloCE 2v2 Tournament?
That actually was canceled by merecatfish.

The HaloCE league did finish, I remember [KOD] won.Thats the one. So ramsy you going to wait for more info about anti aimbot before proceeding with the matches?

mech
August 19th, 2007, 05:51 PM
There is no anti aimbot and will never be an anti aimbot.

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I remember bitter was making an anti aimbot.

STLRamsFan
August 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
From what I can remember, it was an unsuccessful attempt. Could be wrong however.

mech
August 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Exactly my point, it was a load of bs and isn't going to be made. We have the sightjacker which is good enough + anyone that in a good clan won't bot, most of us can be trusted.:eyesroll:

Limited
August 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Uh, last I knew he was making right now, how could it have been a load of bs if hes attempting to make it now?

Sightjacker cant be on each player 24/7 now can it? If this anti aimbot idea really does work its worth waiting a little bit rams :D