PDA

View Full Version : Headlong V2 Weapons Demo

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Some of you are probably wondering why Headlong is taking so long to make. The reason being is I am remaking or modifying every single H2 weapon for the map. These tags will become public after my final release of headlong and will hopefully put a stop to the overuse of the old and mutilated H2 weapon tags that are floating around everywhere.

And now I give you ...a weapons demonstration...

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST DOWNLOADING IT!!!!!!!!!!

DOWNLOAD HERE (16.7mb) (http://dodownload.filefront.com/8341466//1891a62b8c242dfeeb9d595d49466d9fb382b46b246566e1d0 041970926cd40f3a9e77cfdf72657d)

(please note it was 1 in the morning so i made no attempt at finishing the video....and the HUD and other minor things in the level are missing/messed up, and i am aware of all of them. There are no missing sounds for the weapons, my sound card jsut sucks and likes to not play them sometimes...)

J0lY9W-W2CI

Hope you like them.....
(rep is always welcome if you feel i deserve it)

HDoan
August 18th, 2007, 01:32 AM
if its youtube then copy the unique address at the end its like 57f89tfyt9 then use the youtube tags and with the unique address in middle

FRain
August 18th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Replace utube with youtube.

bleach
August 18th, 2007, 01:47 AM
I think we all know...lol.:(

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 01:59 AM
i was asking, then i edited my post...

Inferno
August 18th, 2007, 02:01 AM
looks almost like h2. but here thngs that i think need work.

- magnum melee... i would just redo that
- some explosions were to yellowish
- br looked a bit odd. but in a good way i thnk
- (idk if sound is good its 2:00 here , dont to wakey my parents)
- carbine reload... looks like he broke his wrist when putting in p-cell

overall good so far

bleach
August 18th, 2007, 02:06 AM
The sounds need to be fixed! Good job with the carbine, thats the only carbine that i've seen, made by a some one (who isn't from Zteam or CMT) thats a good carbine.

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 02:30 AM
the sounds are actually fine, its just my Piece of a sound card that likes to screw them up....

And the explosions I know are yellowish, but it looks ALOT better that way when you are actually playing it...There is also alot of dark orange and slight reds in there, its just the video quailty is crap and blurs it all together....

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST DOWNLOADING THE VIDEO TO GET A BETTER FEEL OF IT!!!!!

but comments/crit is always welcome....so far so good...

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 02:36 AM
only really bad thing I can think of, is that the SMG reload is way off. Actually, I've yet to see anyone do an accurate SMG reload. You could be the first.

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 02:39 AM
The SMG and shotgun are still using the ripped animations so they are still on my to-do list......
also note that some of the animations are not like their H2 counterpart, only because i made them that way, for the sake of being different.

Mass
August 18th, 2007, 03:10 AM
everything looks nice, can't wait to play it.

Teh Ganon
August 18th, 2007, 03:53 AM
The grenade throwing animation was just awful at the end. looked like master chief was "throwing like a girl". Man it was aweful... i'm scarred for life lol. But it seems everybody said everything else and you have it in order.

P13F4C3
August 18th, 2007, 05:09 AM
The only animation that i think looks weird is the pistol melee, also the brute shot looks a bit too shiny. All the rest look very good

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 05:36 AM
This is a script Kirby gave me to get destructable vehicles to sync online. I need to ask if we can use it in our next map...
But, anyway:

(script continuous destructo-vehicles
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh warthog1) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus1 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus1) true) (object_set_vitality warthog1 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh warthog2) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus2 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus2) true) (object_set_vitality warthog2 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh warthog3) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus3 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus3) true) (object_set_vitality warthog3 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh warthog4) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus4 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus4) true) (object_set_vitality warthog4 -1))

(if (= (unit_get_heatlh atv1) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus5 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus5) true) (object_set_vitality atv1 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh atv2) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus6 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus6) true) (object_set_vitality atv2 -1))

(if (= (unit_get_heatlh ghost1) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus7 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus7) true) (object_set_vitality ghost1 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh ghost2) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus8 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus8) true) (object_set_vitality ghost2 -1))

(if (= (unit_get_heatlh scorpion1) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus9 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus9) true) (object_set_vitality scorpion1 -1))
(if (= (unit_get_heatlh scorpion2) -1) (object_teleport hog-lifestatus10 dead)) (if (= (volume_test_objects lifechecker hog-lifestatus10) true) (object_set_vitality scorpion2 -1))
)
Yeah, that was originally set up for Archive, so the vehicle count matches. I need to set it up for the newest map.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I would suggest changing the grenade throwing and melee for the magnum. I have a little gripe about the reload too but thats fine. Brute Shot also looks way too shiny. I'd suggest you tone it down a bit.

Botolf
August 18th, 2007, 10:49 AM
The Carbine seems to be firing slightly too fast, might just be me though. Great work overall, will check out the final version whenever it's ready :)

Con
August 18th, 2007, 02:33 PM
frag sounds like plasma, also brute shot projectile looks a bit too fast.

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 03:07 PM
The SMG and shotgun are still using the ripped animations so they are still on my to-do list......
also note that some of the animations are not like their H2 counterpart, only because i made them that way, for the sake of being different.

Ripped? Ripped from what? They look nothing like the Halo 2 animations...

FRain
August 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Knave's H2 mod.

Limited
August 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM
That BR is hawt. Cant wait for that map :) Will the UI be fixed though?

Apoc4lypse
August 18th, 2007, 03:25 PM
The sounds need to be fixed! Good job with the carbine, thats the only carbine that i've seen, made by a some one (who isn't from Zteam or CMT) thats a good carbine.

im in agreement nice carbine, thats what stood out the most to me, the br seems to be working right.. it does only 3 bullets I hope. Thats all I really took notice of, maybe smg reload, no one ever seems to have that done right though lol. Hes supposed to use his thumb and open it from the point closest to camera, then flick it outward and it should spin away and fall, then he gets a new one, puts it back on.

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
not to mention the actual loading of the magazine is done really quickly, like a snap

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 05:55 PM
That is because everyone uses these animation tags. The ones ripped from H2_coagulation. Zteam got better, but mine will be the best. I use adobe illustrator and fraps to take a vid of an animation, and go frame by frame and mimic that in max. I have only done this on a couple other animations and those should be obvious.

That BR is hawt. Cant wait for that map :) Will the UI be fixed though?

I already stated that the HUD hasnt been touched, and still needs alot of work...

And CMT has a carbine??? I would like to see that....

These are all good crit's guys. The more now, the better they will be later....

FRain
August 18th, 2007, 08:26 PM
im in agreement nice carbine, thats what stood out the most to me, the br seems to be working right.. it does only 3 bullets I hope. Thats all I really took notice of, maybe smg reload, no one ever seems to have that done right though lol. Hes supposed to use his thumb and open it from the point closest to camera, then flick it outward and it should spin away and fall, then he gets a new one, puts it back on.

Actually I wouldnt say that:

uM912gDTR0

BTW, this is H3 SMG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uM912gDTR0

ICEE
August 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
like i said on halomaps forum. i love the battle rifle and the magnum. the carbine looks great but some of the anims are flawed in my opinion

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
if you could elaborate on that please. The anims look perfectly fine to me besides the fact that there are no movement animations on it at the moment. The only three on it are fire, reload, and idle....

If you guys dont like something about the carbine animations, then please tell me what specifically so i can fix them. I honestly dont see anything....

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I find it easier to make something if you can try to imitate it in real life. I would suggest trying the carbine reload animation itself and see if it feels awkward/impossible without snapping a few tendons or not. Sure as hell felt awkward for me when I tried imitating it

FRain
August 18th, 2007, 10:24 PM
OW I just tried it and my funnybone hit the table...... ouch....

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ahem. I also suggest trying it in an open space where you won't hit shit.

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 10:31 PM
hmmm i normally do that and this one seems ok. I even used my airsoft gun.........

nothing i see bends anything out of place. Now please note the way Zteam did theirs does feel a little more natural, but this is the way its done in halo 2. Now maybe i am quadruple-jointed or something. If you guys feel its uncomfortable which parts? To me it really honestly feels fine, this is why i am confused.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Mainly when he takes his hand away. It feels unnatural and just unnecessary really. I mean who really needs to bend his wrist that far to the side?

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM
this any better?

vhhmDM6OHAs

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Lots.

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM
But your animations all need to be abit faster. In Halo 2 all the animations were done in such a way that they felt like they had force to them, so to speak. Like, the chief doesnt just nudge the carbine clip in, he slams it in.

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 11:08 PM
yeah i see what you mean. I sped it up, but i dont want to waste internet space with another copy, so just trust me.

As to my Sig, i dont really have that vid anymore....might have to make a new one to fix the link.......

Shangri-La
July 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
The artwork for weapons ied say was pretty nice seems like a nice map im gonna download it and try it for myself just to see tho but good job from what ive seen

jngrow
July 9th, 2008, 05:21 PM
The Brute Shot is just looks and fires weird, and is a bit too shiny.
Frag sounds like plasma.
Nade throw is bad.
Magnum melee is weird.
At the end of the BR melee, it looks like MC's hand spazzes out and breaks or something...

Overall, it still looks really good, and like some of the highest quality H2 weapons I've seen.

DrunkenSamus
July 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
This is sooooo not a bump. :/

hunterX
July 9th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Ok....what is with the bump?

AAA
July 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
lock til update or something better than this, pleas? Thank You

:lock:

Hotrod
July 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Agreed. Is this still even being worked on?

DrunkenSamus
July 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Honestly, do these morons even look at the dates of these threads? I think not.:shake:

Invader Veex
July 9th, 2008, 06:25 PM
It was released. http://halo.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7970

Gamerkd16
July 9th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Honestly, do these morons even look at the dates of these threads? I think not.:shake:
Oh yeah, I know. I was reading though this thread and then I saw that Jay posted...

"Hey wait a minute..." :lol:

jngrow
July 10th, 2008, 12:22 AM
lol shit.. i just saw it as a new post and assumed it wasn't done. XD.

DavidR
July 16th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Awesome...good to see that people are still modding one of the best games of all time.

Ifafudafi
July 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
*sigh*

I humbly suggest a :lock:, as it appears the topic is dead.

CtrlAltDestroy
July 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Can do.