PDA

View Full Version : Multi-purpose Mapping...

Inferno
August 18th, 2007, 01:46 AM
im looking for a tut. iknow what multi purpose is but idk know how to create them or how colors define different things ex:wats the difference btw purple and orange in a multi-purpose?
so anways help is apreciated.

CtrlAltDestroy
August 18th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Red Channel - Reflection (Xbox)
Green Channel - Self-Illumination
Blue Channel - Reflection (PC)
Alpha Channel - Change-Color

Note that any of the channels can be defined within a shader model tag to be used as a detail mask.

Inferno
August 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
ok thx. annd now i need to no if anyone is willing to show me a decent way of painting on the colorrs.... my way failed. :confused2:

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 01:52 AM
use the channels in photoshop. Click on the blue channel and use white as most reflective and black as least. This is how you simulate bump-maps in a multipurpose (thanks was it you CAD? for showing me this)

Inferno
August 18th, 2007, 01:56 AM
schweet. :D thx its good to finally be on a forum were people can actually anwser my posts.

Choking Victim
August 18th, 2007, 10:15 AM
use the channels in photoshop. Click on the blue channel and use white as most reflective and black as least. This is how you simulate bump-maps in a multipurpose (thanks was it you CAD? for showing me this)
that would be me...

Tweek
August 18th, 2007, 10:40 AM
schweet. :D thx its good to finally be on a forum were people can actually anwser my posts.

rofl, used to halomods ftw

gj getting out of the noobpit

Agamemnon
August 18th, 2007, 04:38 PM
rofl, used to halomods ftw

gj getting out of the noobpit
Yeah, he said it was Veg who banned him. He came the day after Veg was banned from here, ironically. :-3

kenney001
August 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
that would be me...

yeah it was one of you awsome ZMT members. Thanks CV.

Donut
August 19th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Red Channel - Reflection (Xbox)
Green Channel - Self-Illumination
Blue Channel - Reflection (PC)
Alpha Channel - Change-Color

Note that any of the channels can be defined within a shader model tag to be used as a detail mask.
isnt there a color changing channel too? i thought blue was the color change and red was the reflection

CtrlAltDestroy
August 19th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Uh, yeah... the Alpha Channel...

Donut
August 19th, 2007, 10:09 PM
wow sorry... im just retarded. i missed that.