PDA

View Full Version : Kornman00 V2 won't work because of an updated dll

Ingulit
August 18th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I've sent the following Private Message to Kornman detailing the problem I am having:

I just reformatted my computer and re-installed everything so that I could pick Halo modding back up, but when I try to run Kornman00 V2 I receive the following error:

"Executable 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\kornmann00v20_release.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\PDFShell.dll) Please ensure that it is installed"

I did some Googleing on the matter, but it appears nobody else has had this problem with this program. When I broadened my search terms to any program (not just Kornman00), I found a website that suggusted that the DLL that I have is a newer version than the one you used when you made the program, and that "The program developer should include the dll in his software download, as it is no longer a core Windows component". Could you release the version of the dll for download in case someone else gets this problem as well?
-Ingulit

I'm making this topic in case someone else who is currently logged in has encountered this problem and has come to a resolution. Help very appreciated; I can't do any Halo editing atm, and my inspiration runs short with time :X

Ingulit
August 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Holy Jesus, I underestimated Kornman. He replied within minutes with the fix: install the following Windows update. w00t, I can mod now!
-Ingulit

Download Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

Ingulit
August 18th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Edit: The above update doesn't help in this situation. This is what was exported to my debug.txt file:

08.18.07 16:23:00 kornman00 02.00.00.0609
08.18.07 16:23:00 reference function: _write_to_error_file_zomg_h4xmb
08.18.07 16:23:00 reference address: 4011a4
08.18.07 16:23:00 Couldn't read map file './kornman00beta.map'

Jay2645
August 18th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I get the same problem. Then I get an error saying that an application attempted to access the .dll library incorrectly, and Kornman V2 stops responding and closes.

E3pO
August 18th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I used to get that same problem. until i UNINSTALLED adobe acrobat reader or whatever you call it. You don't really need it. you can get other programs that read pdf files. after uninstalling and a reboot, everything works fine. :)

Kornman00
August 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I used to get that same problem. until i UNINSTALLED adobe acrobat reader or whatever you call it. You don't really need it. you can get other programs that read pdf files. after uninstalling and a reboot, everything works fine. :)
That has to be the WEIRDEST fucking thing I've heard of! Perhaps I secretly put something in km00v2_r to corrupt Adobe so you would only use MS Products...however it back fired on me :eyesroll:

Zeph
August 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I remember this. I was the first person to have it happen to. Korn tried linking me to multiple fixes, but ultimately, I found that installing an older version of Adobe Acrobat was the best solution. You might need to reinstall windows to get a fresh registry, though.

Ingulit
August 19th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Uninstalling Adobe Reader 8.1 worked. Thanks!
-Ingulit