PDA

View Full Version : Rep System

DOMINATOR
August 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Does anyone else find that the rep system hinders the forums more than it helps?

Atty
August 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
No. I find its a useful system and it has yet to be misused. I think the rep system is fine and should stay in place.

Emmzee
No.

Bastinka
No.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM
No not really.

Kornman00
August 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM
No :downs:

Timo
August 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I don't think he hinders the community, but it is pretty pointless.

legionaire45
August 18th, 2007, 08:50 PM
DON'T YOU DARE THREATEN MY REP >=I.

Precious........PRECIOUS!

Rob Oplawar
August 18th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Wow, 6 negative responses, and yet only 2 people answered no on the poll. Interesting...

Lol after that whole mini rant I gave last night, I'm just gonna say no comment.

Atty
August 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Thats because answering "No" on the poll would be us saying, "We don't like rep." Learn to read, thanks.

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Does anyone else find that the rep system hinders the forums more than it helps?

well to be quite honest, I'm not sure how it helps, and people who take it too seriously get all <:mad:> when somebody -rep's them for a "stupid reason".

so if you were to look at it like that, i'd agree with you.

but I wub my lil green box's <3

Rob Oplawar
August 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
@atty: XD ahem. I knew that. you shut up. lol

Elite Killa
August 18th, 2007, 09:14 PM
No.

Stealth
August 18th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Wow, 6 negative responses, and yet only 2 people answered no on the poll. Interesting...

Lol after that whole mini rant I gave last night, I'm just gonna say no comment.
make it 3, I just voted no, I find it misused every time I look at my User CP, I've never seen more red boxs in my life, and for every 5 red boxs, I have 1 or 2 gray ones, and for every 7 gray ones I have a green one.:(

Kornman00
August 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
H8 to sound like a jackass, but ever consider the fact that its you?

LlamaMaster
August 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
make it 3, I just voted no, I find it misused every time I look at my User CP, I've never seen more red boxs in my life, and for every 5 red boxs, I have 1 or 2 gray ones, and for every 7 gray ones I have a green one.:(
I'm sorry but.....could you post a pic? :p (also, I thought you used to have 3 bars...)

As far as rep goes, I'm starting to dislike it. It causes a lot a drama, and has absolutely nothing to do at how skilled you are at anything. It's simply an indication of how good your sense of humor is.

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 09:28 PM
As far as rep goes, I'm starting to dislike it. It causes a lot a drama, and has absolutely nothing to do at how skilled you are at anything. It's simply an indication of how popular you are.

fixed.

Agamemnon
August 18th, 2007, 09:33 PM
As far as rep goes, I'm starting to dislike it. It causes a lot a drama, and has absolutely nothing to do at how skilled you are at anything. It's simply an indication of how intelligent you are and the people that bitch about it are too stupid to realize that THEY are the problem and not the other way around.fixed.
ftfy

And if it was a popularity contest, why doesn't Masters have the most rep?

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM
The way people get really depends on the user really. I mean I get most of my rep from my humorous posts.....and my sig.

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 09:43 PM
No :P

i like the rep system. it's jsut a different way of complimenting someone on a fine post :)

Zeph
August 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Its intentions are good. Not everyone uses it so, though.

STLRamsFan
August 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I think it's fine. It's not like it's becoming an issue like when it was on GBX.

CN3089
August 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
oh god don't take away my precious green boxes http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/07-19-06-smith.gif

e:f,b

FRain
August 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I heard from someone, I don't know, but if you get -40 rep you get autobanned. I think rep is cool. But the -40 rep autoban is stupid. I'm hitting -31 rep or so right now. I like red.

Stealth
August 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I use to get +rep for my sigs, and llama, yes I did at one time have 3 bars, but between Masterz, Rossmum, and one or two others it got down to 1, then it worked it's way back up to two, then it's back down to one because of a few members like Xet trying to act like he's boss and trying to tell me to go kill my self (Which I'm not) and a few others for not being funny, oh and one from nero spam reping me with a message that made the User CP page much wider then needed, my rep droped the most when rossmum -reped me the most, now that was killing me, cause I hate to say it, but doesn't matter if a person is on your block list, or not if that person -reps you, your rep # drops. but if the rep of those on your block list was nulled, then I'd still have 2 or 3 bars, but oh well. I vote we remove it for some time, and try to clean the forums up abit, I know it's all my fult and I'm sorry and I'm going to keep on saying this until I start seeing more green boxs, or until people stop calling me a emo who wants to kill him self, which ever comes first.

Apoc4lypse
August 18th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I don't think he hinders the community, but it is pretty pointless.

*seconds this notion*

altho I do enjoy reading the stupid things people negative rep me for, its amusing...

and at times I get good rep, for w/e...

DOMINATOR
August 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I think it's fine. It's not like it's becoming an issue like when it was on GBX.

more people seem to post to be funny with the intent to receive rep. which leads to off topicness... then spam... then flamewar...
i don't care about rep that's why mine is disabled. It just seems the overall quality of the forums is less than what it would be without the rep system.

and yes people do abuse the rep system... admins included.

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Took the words right out of my... uh, keyboard.

I'm sorry but.....could you post a pic? :p (also, I thought you used to have 3 bars...)

As far as rep goes, I'm starting to dislike it. It causes a lot a drama, and has absolutely nothing to do at how skilled you are at anything. It's simply an indication of how good your sense of humor is.
Generally the ones who misuse it to the point where it becomes a problem are also fuckwits and could really do with a nice ban to help them out. I give or take rep as I see fit, taking the post and poster into account. If you're an ignorant moron, you cop -11. Deal with it.

I heard from someone, I don't know, but if you get -40 rep you get autobanned. I think rep is cool. But the -40 rep autoban is stupid. I'm hitting -31 rep or so right now. I like red.
That wins, since I could get people over a quarter of the way to an autoban. :downs:

Seriously, if you have that much -rep, you're probably an asshole.

Flyboy
August 18th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Read my signature...carefully.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
You know its just some of your posts that made you come to that conclusion. In other words, what Korn said to Stealth.

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Read my signature...carefully.
Oh you're so witty :awesome:

Agamemnon
August 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM
and yes people do abuse the rep system... admins included.
Yeah, I mean, I have more rep then TheGhost! He's obviously abusing the system.

Flyboy
August 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I know :awesome:

Pooky
August 18th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Doesn't bother me any. It kind of makes this place like a game to me, seeing how much I can get. But I agree that it serves no useful purpose.

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 10:40 PM
And if it was a popularity contest, why doesn't Masters have the most rep?

because he's a douche?

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Oh you're so witty :awesome:
my sarcasm detector just fucking blew up.

WTF!

Flyboy
August 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I know :awesome:

Kornman00
I meant to say it like

H8 to sound like a jackass, but ever consider the fact that it may be you?
:-3

Either way though...

DOMINATOR
Yeah, I mean, I have more rep then TheGhost! He's obviously abusing the system.

no, an admin made a spam post in a good thread and basically de-railed the entire thread. so i -repped them and they turned it to +rep. thats when i turned rep off.

Flyboy
August 18th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I turned it off to save my sorry ass.

rossmum
August 18th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Like so many other people who make stupid comments and expect to get away with it, apparently.

I think you should choose to have it either positively on or off when you register. Shutting it off when you get more than one - is rep abuse, as far as I'm concerned.

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 10:57 PM
The problem I see with that is people are going to join and have no idea what it's all about.

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Unless your like me, you know the guys who lurk around forums for a few months before joining to get how the community runs.

Dr Nick
August 18th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I don't mind rep, it's just the people who -rep for the dumbest reasons.

Like, I got one saying "+rep for everyone!".
It was -rep!

ONI
August 18th, 2007, 11:24 PM
User #47's longevity in activity recorded at this site has been deemed DISRUPTIVE and UNCONSTRUCTIVE

User #51's longevity in activity recorded at this site has been deemed DISRUPTIVE and UNCONSTRUCTIVE

Current surveillance upon User #47 and User #51 have heightened

Hidden notified

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Can somebody just ban that guy?

Archon23
August 18th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I'm highly suspecting that hes an admin or some random guy with too much time on his hands. Also which users is he talking about?

n00b1n8R
August 18th, 2007, 11:43 PM
well i'd say you seeing as your post #47, but that doesn't make sense..

Mr Buckshot
August 18th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I like the rep system. The number of green bars under a user's avatar is a good indication of whether said member is respectable or not. Those guys with the red bars (cough cough keilg2) are not to be trusted.

The part I liked most about the rep system was how (in the older layout) a minimum # of rep was needed to access the CMT exclusive area...sure prevented a lot of people from registering just to download.

phase
August 18th, 2007, 11:54 PM
The part I liked most about the rep system was how (in the older layout) a minimum # of rep was needed to access the CMT exclusive area...sure prevented a lot of people from registering just to download.
What do you need now to get in there if its still there?

Emmzee
August 18th, 2007, 11:54 PM
User #47's longevity in activity recorded at this site has been deemed DISRUPTIVE and UNCONSTRUCTIVE

User #51's longevity in activity recorded at this site has been deemed DISRUPTIVE and UNCONSTRUCTIVE

Current surveillance upon User #47 and User #51 have heightened

Hidden notified

Hey ONI, can you not talk like a shitty Halo 3 viral website?

n00b1n8R
August 19th, 2007, 12:00 AM

Yer, that was cool. shame nothing like that happens any more :(

rossmum
August 19th, 2007, 12:09 AM
I'm highly suspecting that hes an admin or some random guy with too much time on his hands. Also which users is he talking about?
Rain and Stealth

Flyboy
August 19th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Rep reflects what other people think of you. And seeing as half of my rep has been "ill take a fucking rock and shuv it down your moms throught," it really doesn't mean I'm the problem if that kind of person is the one making the judgment. And that was literally one of the things I got.

rossmum
August 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I'm not surprised after the shit you posted. Always trying to lump the blame onto someone else, eh?

Stealth
August 19th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Rain and SVC
0_o let me fix that. the anti-Stealth wagon is going to stop. oh and how many times do I have to say I'm sorry for fucking up these forums before some of you guys are nicer to me?

n00b1n8R
August 19th, 2007, 12:35 AM
why is him saying he was going to go kill himself and not such a big deal?

Bodzilla
August 19th, 2007, 12:56 AM
0_o let me fix that. the anti-Stealth wagon is going to stop. oh and how many times do I have to say I'm sorry for fucking up these forums before some of you guys are nicer to me?

it's allright i forgive u

:glomp:
:hump:
:rape:
:beating:
:awesome:

DaneO'Roo
August 19th, 2007, 01:09 AM
rep sucks. It makes so many topics become off topic...

n00b1n8R
August 19th, 2007, 01:10 AM
you forgot http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-fappery.gif

Archon23
August 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Darn wheres the rep fap version when you need it?

Aerowyn
August 19th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I think rep is a pretty good gauge on helpful members of this forum. I don't think it hinders, and having rep certainly isn't my main goal on H2V.

I think if I had a problem, I'd probably go to someone that had a few rep bars because clearly, they know what they're talking about or they wouldn't have the popularity they do...

I like getting rep because it does make me feel like a better member of the community. Reps are like pats on the back. They let you know that you're doing ok. :) And that's good.

STLRamsFan
August 19th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Nice post Aerowyn, +rep.

SnaFuBAR
August 19th, 2007, 02:36 AM
rep system is fine. it really seems to be a general consensus on how the community feels about any one individual on these forums. you earn the rep that you're given. if you make a inteligent statement or show great work, you're going to get that +rep.

Patrickssj6
August 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Sometimes it's not an actual reflection of the user...but it's a good guideline and if you receive many at the same time cause you said something funny, constructive or just released the unlocked H2V Guerilla....it has to mean something. :)

jahrain
August 19th, 2007, 06:48 AM
The rep systems seems good on paper, but it doesn't work like it should - like communism. It starts to get problematic and serves more wrong than good when it grows to have too much value among members. Those little green bars become like money, and it drives members to whore themselves for it. People start to kiss up to others with large amounts of rep hoping to get more rep from them, and fear posting things that they disagree on in the threat of having rep taken away simply by one's views or opinions. It starts to enforce a single view as well as enforcing a social hierarchy - 2 things which are bad for any type of community.

rossmum
August 19th, 2007, 06:52 AM
That's called bandwagoning, it happens whether there's rep or not. Nobodies will always pick the winning side, no matter whether they actually have any knowledge of the matter at hand or not. It'd be just as bad without the rep system, believe me.

Edit:

What the fuck, Stealth? He asked who the hell ONI was referring to, and last time I checked user #51 was you. No need to get all emo about it, Jesus Christ.

why is him saying he was going to go kill himself and not such a big deal?
Believe me, you'd know if you had been active here at the time.

jahrain
August 19th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I know what bandwagoning is, or as I like to call it "flowing with the mainstream". It indeed occurs rep system or not, but I think the rep system just heavily promotes it. What seems to happen is people start to post things just for the purpose of getting rep bars. Thats where the rep system fails.

rossmum
August 19th, 2007, 06:59 AM
From what I've seen elsewhere, any sort of rep system really makes no significant difference. Rep is generally akin to someone's popularity, and the unpopular ones will be drawn to agree with the popular ones. Rep doesn't really promote it, just make it more obvious.

Agamemnon
August 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I know what bandwagoning is, or as I like to call it "flowing with the mainstream". It indeed occurs rep system or not, but I think the rep system just heavily promotes it. What seems to happen is people start to post things just for the purpose of getting rep bars. Thats where the rep system fails.
There's obvious counters to that. Threads where members go in and deliberately ask for rep usually are filled with anti-rep and a thorough grounding in how begging will kill your reputation.

Also, rep is as important as you want to make it. All I see are green bars that represent more so a person's actual representation of their reputation at this site from the time they've been here. You can obviously tell that by looking at the people in the negative rep. They obviously did something wrong to get to that stage, and the same thing goes for someone if they have two or three bars and get knocked down to one.

What some people don't get is that some people have different standards for repping someone. Some will rep another for being funny; others will rep for posting constructively; others will just rep that person because they like them and feel like their reputation points aren't where they need to be. You can't stop people from doing what they want and, like I said before, if it was a popularity contest, then Masters would have the most rep, yet he doesn't.

StankBacon
August 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
you all should +rep me :o

/spam

Mr Buckshot
August 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
What do you need now to get in there if its still there?

it's no longer there and the stuff that was in there is now public.

back on topic: My dislike about the rep system is how it can be abused at some point (even I stupidly do that sometimes). Personally, I don't think a post like "hey pplz i cant run this game b/c my video card sux can anyone find me a new one?" deserves a -rep as a noob post. A post like "hay guyz dis game runs sho badly mah vid card sux @$$ plz halp me out", on the other hand, clearly deserves a -rep...you can see the difference, right? Of course posts typed in proper English that still piss people off should be -repped.

I'm only 9 rep away from my second green bar T_T.

Similarly, +repping can be abused as much as -repping. I've seen people who +rep random posts just to suck up and so on.

Patrickssj6
August 19th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I've seen people who +rep random posts just to suck up and so on.
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gif First Impressions (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=143038#post143038) August 19th, 2007 07:10 PM Conscars (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=4) please change avatar it is scary D:

:lol:

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
The rep system is alright. it does its job well around here for the most part, though there are those occasional members who have better reputation than they should.

As for me, I only give a +rep if it makes me physically laugh, or if the information is useful or spot-on. I give a -rep for idiocy and, beg your pardons for using the term, noobish-ness.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 07:08 PM
...though there are those occasional members who have better reputation than they should.And who would they be? :raise:

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'm sure you were joking, and I probably shouldn't say, since it is a matter of opinion, but I decided that I could care less if they -rep me for it, so I will say it anyways.

Corgy and CN3089. Xetsuei would be in there too, but he wasn't as bad.

Con
August 19th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Rep shows new users who to listen to and who to ignore.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Corgy and CN3089 have deep roots in our community, so we understand their occasional (who am I joking, constant) idiocy, at least on this forum, and we can see their sarcasm for what it is and give it just rep. Although I'm not too sure how they got as high as they did, they still deserve it, they are very reputable members of this community.

CN3089
August 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
hey man we just chillin' in the yob

oh wait

http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gif Major problem! (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=85128#post85128) June 19th, 2007 02:52 AM Corgy (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=669) lmao rofl
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gif Who has the most... (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=80686#post80686) June 11th, 2007 02:41 AM Timo (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=18) :awesome:
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gif Egad! What happened to... (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=63320#post63320) May 14th, 2007 07:41 PM InnerGoat (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=10) awesome itt

also

<El_Lobo> CN3089 lets start up the rep circle again at h2vista

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 07:22 PM
If you say so. I haven't had enough dealings to draw the same conclusion, but from the dealings I have had, they didn't come off so well.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
If you were around in the Gearbox community (which is what this community spawned from, originally) you would.

LlamaMaster
August 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ehh, I had my taste of two rep bars for like a week and a half, then the -reps started flowing in... Doesn't bother me to much though, because these are warranted unlike so many others.

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
If you were around in the Gearbox community (which is what this community spawned from, originally) you would.

Technically I was (see Ace 0f Spades), but I only ever posted there about 11 times.

Ki11a_FTW
August 19th, 2007, 08:03 PM
i like the rep system, and my green box, which will hopefully turn into 2 soon.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 08:04 PM
i like the rep system, and my green box, which will hopefully turn into 2 soon.

+rep me and ill +rep you back :)Since I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours (to three people, what is with that) I'll just say this to you in a post, asking for rep is a sure way to earn yourself some negative rep, and promising to rep someone in return for positive rep is what makes the system useless. Rep should be given when its earned.

Ki11a_FTW
August 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
meh, i was just thinking the same thing

Warsaw
August 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Reverse psychology.

Agamemnon
August 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Doesn't matter. You can't rep banned people.

Oh wait.

:3

If you say so. I haven't had enough dealings to draw the same conclusion, but from the dealings I have had, they didn't come off so well.
Out of all the #GBH'ers, I could deal with Corgy and CN the most. I don't even know CN really. Corgy stopped hopping on the bandwagon too.

Also, Champ hacked it.

Stealth
August 19th, 2007, 10:27 PM
this is the kind of rep I like to get
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gifPost Your Clipboard! (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=79141#post79141)June 8th, 2007 10:13 AMEmmzee (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=95)ARE THERE 3 BREASTS IN THAT PIC? ZOMG

Corgy
August 19th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Corgy stopped hopping on the bandwagon too.
what da hale you talkin about scene kid i never got off the bandwagon

CN3089
August 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM

what da hale you talkin bout bitch corgy is the bandwagon

bleach
August 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I think the rep system is not useful.

Con
August 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Because you only have 1 bar? :awesome:

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM
this is the kind of rep I like to get
http://www.h2vista.net/forums/h2vista_v2/reputation/reputation_pos.gifPost Your Clipboard! (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?p=79141#post79141)June 8th, 2007 10:13 AMEmmzee (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=95)ARE THERE 3 BREASTS IN THAT PIC? ZOMGHe obviously forgot to change it from positive to negative. :)

bleach
August 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I just think people should have a choice whether if they want the reputation system or not by giving them a check box in the User CP.

Atty
August 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I just think people should have a choice whether if they want the reputation system or not by giving them a check box in the User CP.You mean like disabling or enabling rep? That would be a genius option. :rolleyes:

dg
August 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I never understood the big deal about reputation. Many people are always asking for it, but then get a negative reputation because of that. Very ironic if nothing else. :-)

As for me, I disabled reputation just because I didn't want to deal with it at all, be it good or bad.

Champ
August 19th, 2007, 11:50 PM
what da hale corgy didnt hop off shit

Corgy
August 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Corgy and CN3089..
What da hale is this shit the two peeps who -rep this pwner are the ones bein little whiners in this thread get the hale out star trek boy

CN3089
August 19th, 2007, 11:52 PM
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-synpa.gif

What da hale is this shit the two peeps who -rep this pwner are the ones bein little whiners in this thread get the hale out star trek boy

what da hale nobody -reps corgy he's the bandwagon http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-argh.gif

Masterz1337
August 19th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I like the system when it works.

Champ
August 20th, 2007, 12:02 AM
May 29th, 2007 11:25 AM Agamemnon (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=56) Wow, you're cool.

haha guys, agamemnon says im cool!!

Ki11a_FTW
August 20th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Omg... please tell me that picture is photoshopped D:

El Lobo
August 20th, 2007, 01:28 AM
hey guys i really like the rep system remember when hipyy gave me all negative rep i had like -165,000 pts anad stuff but reqally though id dint lieke hipyp cause he banned katana

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 04:54 AM
You mean like disabling or enabling rep? That would be a genius option. :rolleyes:
If I hadn't already +'d you for a similarly :awesome: post, you'd get some for that. Stuff like that, useful info, funny posts or just good posts by people I like earn 11 points a hit from me. Stupid, poorly- or not-thought-out posts or just plain shit in verbal form earn -11.

Like when people don't post threads demanding it.

Oh, wait.

Digikid
August 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM
No. It is useless....ditch it.

Patrickssj6
August 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM
lol communism

bleach
August 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
You get an auto-ban if you reach negative 40 reputation points.

Agamemnon
August 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
We'll have to petition to remove the "disable rep" option then.

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Like when people don't post threads demanding it.

No, when mods don't try to get other members to -rep other ones.

Agamemnon
August 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Don't you ever get tired of being a drama queen?

InnerGoat
August 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I like the system when it works.I see the rep icon and when you click on it, it works. Can't say the same for the PC specs though. :eyesroll:

No, when mods don't try to get other members to -rep other ones.This is news to me.

Atty
August 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM
No, when mods don't try to get other members to -rep other ones.What? :eyesroll:

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I don't really like the rep system. I have to beg for rep just to gain access to others parts of the forums. It doesn't seem fair. Your fate depends on the others of the community. After being on GBX for a while, now I have to start from scratch and gain back my respect in a way.

Mr Buckshot
August 20th, 2007, 04:33 PM
You get an auto-ban if you reach negative 40 reputation points.

seriously? Damn...I would've liked to see someone like keilg2 get multiple red bars. LOL.

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
All the people I want to give rep to I've already given too much to...

Ohai +2 power...

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Wow, you sure are one for jumping to extremely hypocritical conclusions.

I would've thought rep ring threads were pretty abusive myself, then again I suppose you'd be the expert on that, right?

LlamaMaster
August 20th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry for not catching on, by whats with the hate towards masters lately?

TeeKup
August 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
The rep system is PERFECT

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry for not catching on, by whats with the hate towards masters lately?
He seems to think that insulting the staff of this site makes him cool. Not only that, but he also thinks he could do a better job. :lmao:

Ki11a_FTW
August 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
ha, insulting the staff is the LAST thing i would want to do

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'm removing the mods name, seeing as how I don't want to give people the idea I want to "lower other members reputation to feel good about my own," especialy as how I like the stated person, but don't agree with his actions as mod.

**removed**(10:48:13 PM): http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=22
**removed** (10:48:15 PM): - rep him

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Sorry, it seems you've forgotten who it was who felt the need to demand rep on the forums by actually posting a thread about it. Here's a hint: it was you.

Shut up, hypocrite. You can't run shit let alone this site, and luckily you won't ever be in a position to.

Atty
August 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry for not catching on, by whats with the hate towards masters lately?Lately? Where have you been the past few years.

Masterz1337
August 20th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry, it seems you've forgotten who it was who felt the need to demand rep on the forums by actually posting a thread about it. Here's a hint: it was you.

Shut up, hypocrite. You can't run shit let alone this site, and luckily you won't ever be in a position to.
The rep thread was hardly about me wanting rep, it was about =o a rep ring.

I don't know where you get the idea I would want to be a mod here, I have enough to deal with in the CMT forums. I have said I think I COULD be a mod if I was selected, but I hardly want to.

rossmum
August 20th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Oh, rep rings like you try to start. Wake the fuck up, the only rep rings here are the ones in your imagination, and that is no lie. The only reason a certain group has so much rep is that they're generally looked up to. I'm sorry you're so jealous, but we can't all have 862 points.

Also, I've seen the chatlogs. Hilarious that you could seriously suggest you'd be a better admin or mod than any of the current ones, let alone all of them.

Haven't you got some shaders to go fuck up?

Champ
August 20th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Oh, rep rings like you try to start. Wake the fuck up, the only rep rings here are the ones in your imagination, and that is no lie. The only reason a certain group has so much rep is that they're generally looked up to. I'm sorry you're so jealous, but we can't all have 862 points.

Also, I've seen the chatlogs. Hilarious that you could seriously suggest you'd be a better admin or mod than any of the current ones, let alone all of them.

Haven't you got some shaders to go fuck up?
Oh, wow, rossmum grew a backbone. This is news to me since the last time I saw him, he was a spineless punk.

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I've always thought as Masterz as a good guy. I don't see why you hate him.

Also how do you view the amount of reputation points?

Dr Nick
August 20th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Can you guys shut the fuck up?

Timo
August 20th, 2007, 11:49 PM
In your User CP (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/usercp.php), up the top right.

Gamerkd16
August 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM
In your User CP (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/usercp.php), up the top right.
I was talking about other people.

I'm sorry you're so jealous, but we can't all have 862 points.
...but now I realize that he was referring to himself, not Masterz.

rossmum
August 21st, 2007, 12:19 AM
Oh, wow, rossmum grew a backbone. This is news to me since the last time I saw him, he was a spineless punk.
You were just looking at the wrong posts :smith:

I've always thought as Masterz as a good guy. I don't see why you hate him.
Yeah, that'd be because you don't actually know him.

Also how do you view the amount of reputation points?
For yourself, what Timo said. For others, you don't. You just have to guess.

Rosco
August 21st, 2007, 09:27 AM
I like it, it was better on gbx though, it was funny shit when the announcement came out that they got rid of it because of a few members, can't remember their names though. I think they were part of an old team called Seven Numbers. :)