PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] *Massive Spoilers*

JDMFSeanP
August 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
http://gruntsrus.com/news.php?readmore=552

teh lag
August 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Massive Damage indeed. For those reluctant to click the link, it's a magazine which claims to have Halo 3's storyline.
(as per Kornman) it's a magazine which speculates what the campaign side of the game will be like and the fate of some characters.

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I will resist the urge to read it, especially since the game is only 36 days away.

teh lag
August 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Alot of what it says is based on good logic, so alot of the info may very well be true. However they claimed that it was Truth who entered Slipspace at the end of Metropolis. Of course, it was Regret's ship. This makes me doubt whether all of it is in fact credible...

JDMFSeanP
August 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I haven't read it yet, it is just what they think happens?

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't read it even if it is fake, because you'll be half expecting one thing while you are playing the game, and you will receive something all together different, or only slightly different, and it will ruin the experience.

Zeph
August 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Oh come on. This magazine thinks Truth is the voice at the beginning of the e3 music video.

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Who's to say it isn't? The arguments have been thoroughly made on all sides, so there is no use in further debating it. We will have to wait for the game to see.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Oh come on. This magazine thinks Truth is the voice at the beginning of the e3 music video.
Give us proof that he isn't by providing a recording of the actor, acting the lines. What, you can't? Thats what I thought. Stinky opinionated moderator bastard ~:mad:>

Zeph
August 20th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Oh, I dont know. Why dont you get Roseanne to do voice overs for Darth Vader instead of James Earl Jones. They're exactly as different as Halo 2 Truth and e3 Halo 3 music video voice.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 04:18 PM
No, they're not. That very first line of the e3 trailer sounds just like fucking Michael Wincott when he puts on his Truth ballscars mask.

You are, alllll of you Zeph, Noobs ~:awesome:>

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Massive Damage indeed. For those reluctant to click the link, it's a magazine which claims to have Halo 3's storyline.
It should be worded more like
"It's a magazine which speculates what the campaign side of the game will like and the fate of some characters."

That mag even brags about how they're the first ones to bring you the "rumors, speculation and startlingly on-the-money-insight". All their shit is just speculation.
They put this article, this "guide" together, by pretty much just opening up the map files in a hex editor and doing a find-all-strings or as they put it "hidden inside the beta code". Code, right.

Needs moar -rep.

EDIT:

LOL @ level five description!

"Is this what forces the Arb and MC to team up?"
"MC and the Arb must team up against the flood"

:downs:

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
On page 1, and they say they base all of this on the beta-code. Wow, rampant speculation ahoy!

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Exactly.

They also say on the 4th page that

"we started out crashlanding on Halo all those years ago, so it seems fitting that we end the sage on one too"

If they can't even get their facts straight (or their Truth http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/smirk.gif), how can anyone believe the shit they be pulling of their arse?

EDIT:

"buf if Halo is anything to go by, we can expect a boss battle of some sort"
No. I'm pretty sure Bungie even said, no boss battles or any kind. And why the fuck would you use Halo 2 as your basis for story?

et_cg
August 20th, 2007, 05:39 PM
If they can't even get their facts straight (or their Truth http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/images/smilies/smirk.gif), how can anyone believe the shit they be pulling of their arse?

You wouldn't believe the shit I let slip out of my ass less than an hour ago...

Meh, the things people do just for attention on the interwebz. Why don't we all just make a place built with lovebricks and donuts? I'd say we might get spoilers from homeless people there, rather than 13 year olds claiming to be a part of the FBI.

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Ok, after reading through this, I can say with confidence that this garbage shouldn't be in print. It's nothing more than a gigantic rehashing of ancient speculation all over the internet, and takes credit for the reveals of so many game elements it's not even funny. What's worse is that it makes loads of factual errors, as if this stuff was trustworthy to begin with.

-They "confirm" the end of the second mission is guessed at from concept art, of all places.
-They "confirm" you'll form an "askar" unit, guessed from a frieking achievement.
-They "confirm" that the Arbiter and Chief will first cooperate in level four, directly contradicting well-known fact that said cooperation happens from the first level, Sierra 117. Yay daft mistakes!
-They cite Truth as the voice in the E3 2007 trailer, when he clearly isn't (Pointed out earlier in the thread)
-They cite Truth's ship as being the one responsible for New Mombassa's destruction, when it was clearly Regret's (Pointed out earlier in the thread)
-They "confirm" level five as seeing the return of Bungie's paced reveal of the Flood, guessed from the level's name in the code, floodvoi. Seriously, wth.
-They claim level six was featured extensively in the E3 2007 trailer, which, as you find, it wasn't, not so much as a screenshot exists depicting it. Great, they're mistaking footage of earlier levels as taking place in levels later in-game now.
-They claim the Scarab appears in level six, when in fact it appears in level four. See above comment about level order.
-Claims footage of earlier levels is in level seven. See above comment about level order.
-The "The Story" section for level eight is utterly laughable, no basis for this, none at all (Seriously, activating the rings?).
-Claims level nine is a return to a halo, which is based only on the level name "Return".
-Speculates you may return to Alpha or Delta Halo. Excuse me? Alpha Halo? Did you numbskulls play through Halo 1 to see Alpha Halo destroyed in the final cutscene?
-Speculate that the Halos will be activated, and the possible return of a boos battle and Tartarus. WTH squared.
-The Traxus connection, ugh, conspiracy theorist grade thinking.
-The Opheus connection, bloody hell, is this magazine written by people or monkeys?

</rant>

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
-They cite Truth as the voice in the E3 2007 trailer, when he clearly isn't (Pointed out earlier in the thread)

You forget that Bungie is quite capable of changing the voice of a character from one game to the next. i.e. Commander Miranda Keyes.

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
True, but they "gave her an accent", this trailer voice doesn't sound anything like Truth, doesn't speak in the manner of Truth, either. You'd think Bungie would try and make him recognizable if it was him that was speaking.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Actually, Alpha is still in pieces and the trailer did show a Halo that was broke (you can CLEARLY see a piece next to the one the pelican is diving towards). Did you not play through Halo to see Alpha Halo destroyed in pieces in one of the cutscenes :-3?

EDIT: Yes he does. The very first line from the trailer sounds shit loads like Micheal Wincott in Halo 2. But as it goes on, it almost sounds like Count Dooku...

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Said pieces were featured in Halo 2 as well.

And the voice in the trailer did speak in the manner Truth might, but the voice was off. Keyes, I can assure you, won't sound anything like Keyes from Halo 2.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
What, like: "ello chaps, is et tiem fo tea 'n crumpets yet?" :P?

I mean, listen to how "blah blah blah vermon" is acted. How can you shrug that off as not Truth (unless you never played Halo 2, then you can shut up :-3)

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Actually, Alpha is still in pieces and the trailer did show a Halo that was broke (you can CLEARLY see a piece next to the one the pelican is diving towards). Did you not play through Halo to see Alpha Halo destroyed in pieces in one of the cutscenes :-3?
Ya, I know, in effect destroyed, nothing would be left alive on the ring, the artificial gravity induced by the spinning's gone, etc. Entirely unsuitable to be a game level methinks :p

EDIT: Yes he does. The very first line from the trailer sounds shit loads like Micheal Wincott in Halo 2. But as it goes on, it almost sounds like Count Dooku...
Doesn't speak the same way in my opinion, Truth always spoke in a kind of quiet and dignified manner, the voice in the trailer was thick and full of emotion.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Who ever said it was made by it spinning? I mean, fuck, its the Forerunner! Not to mention its fucking massive in pieces STILL.

Maybe I've just watched too of his movies (<3 along came a spider), but I swear that first part sounds exactly like something he could\would voice. As for the rest, it sounds...tampered with, IDK who it is really. But I'm just going to say Truth for now because I have heard of no new characters (that speak anyway)

Also they make no mention of

pure form flood, they :fail: at being the first. Whores.

Terin
August 20th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I've seen most of this stuff on Halopedia. The Cortana stuff is interesting, though, and may be legit.

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Who ever said it was made by it spinning? I mean, fuck, its the Forerunner! Not to mention its fucking massive in pieces STILL.
Geeks with too much time on their hands, more specifically, an article several pages long detailing how gravity on a halo would work, and how it would likely be simulated on Alpha Halo :p

Maybe I've just watched too of his movies (<3 along came a spider), but I swear that first part sounds exactly like something he could\would voice. As for the rest, it sounds...tampered with, IDK who it is really. But I'm just going to say Truth for now because I have heard of no new characters (that speak anyway)The voice in the trailer sounds closer to the voice of Mercy in my opinion. Impossible for it to be Mercy, of course, just an observation I've made. (ie "Kill the demon!")

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Here we go again. We have a thread for this argument, take it there (if it isn't already locked).

Also, gravity on Halo via spinning is a perfectly viable idea, since the only inhabited part was on the rim anyways.

Skiiran
August 20th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Geeks with too much time on their hands, more specifically, an article several pages long detailing how gravity on a halo would work, and how it would likely be simulated on Alpha Halo :p
The Forerunners built a Dyson Sphere that could withstand their ultimate weapon. They would hardly fall back on something as simple as spinning when they could do something much less stressful on the system (i.e. generated gravity).

Warsaw
August 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Not when spinning takes almost no energy to maintain, and won't fail should the power go out.

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 06:49 PM
The Forerunners built a Dyson Sphere that could withstand their ultimate weapon. They would hardly fall back on something as simple as spinning when they could do something much less stressful on the system (i.e. generated gravity).
Not necessarily, they still use doorways when they have perfectly good teleporters, after all :lol:

et_cg
August 20th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I think the voice is that of another Brute. Now that Tartarus is gone, there may be one who has stepped up to the plate to fill his shoes. At least, politically, being the back hand as to how the Prophets now operate.

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 08:52 PM

The voice in the trailer sounds closer to the voice of Mercy in my opinion. Impossible for it to be Mercy, of course, just an observation I've made. (ie "Kill the demon!")
yeah, I have that book too, but it wasn't written by Bungie remember ;p

Not when spinning takes almost no energy to maintain, and won't fail should the power go out.
Forerunner made a crystal that affected space-time with no visible outside source of energy. I'm sure they know ways to do things we couldn't psbl image

ps its a game :awesome:

Botolf
August 20th, 2007, 09:12 PM
yeah, I have that book too, but it wasn't written by Bungie remember ;p
I don't know, Halo has roots in "hard" Science Fiction, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the reason for the gravity :p

Also, I don't get why Bungie hasn't revealed who who talked in the E3 2007 trailer, I'm thinking it's meant to be mysterious :ssh:

Jay2645
August 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Voice sounds like an Elite, but why would they want to kill us? They're our best friends now. I mean, look at this video (About 1 minute before the end).
6GhyQ7kjgS0
I mean, sure, the Grunt dies, but he was very friendly to Johnson. Maybe he was scared, I don't know.
Anyway, pitiful attempt at humor aside, it does sound like an Elite, but with some Brute thrown in. Maybe a new leader of the Brutes?

Archon23
August 20th, 2007, 09:45 PM
The elites are FAR from our friends. This is an awkward alliance. I mean how would you feel if a race that killed tons of your guys was gonna be your ally and vise versa.

Jay2645
August 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Fine, acquaintances. OK, awkward alliance. Happy? =P

Kornman00
August 20th, 2007, 10:48 PM
The elites are FAR from our friends. This is an awkward alliance. I mean how would you feel if a race that killed tons of your guys was gonna be your ally and vise versa.
desperate times call for desperate measures

Zeph
August 21st, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'm going to laugh when floodvoi turns out to be flooded by water after some supernatural event caused by the Ark.

Jay2645
August 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Lol, yeah.

Warsaw
August 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
And then we get a flash to the future, and Jesus steps out from the Shield World reborn.

TIA Gangsta
August 21st, 2007, 12:38 PM
I'm still waiting for some kind of info on Flood, and I'm so pumped to see a glimpse at any kind of Flood form.
It's kinda weird that Flood is just about the only thing that Bungie hasn't shown us or talked about.