PDA

View Full Version : Make a muzzle flash particle last more than a split second?

kenney001
August 21st, 2007, 03:51 PM
I have made a new beam rifle flash, but it just flashes and dissapears. I need it to stay for a second or two, however when i change lifespan of particles, it just makes the particle flash at a differnt time.....

how do i make it last? I noticed Zteam did this?

Inferno
August 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM
in a effect tag u need to edit the event and the the parts. that should allow u to make it longer.

sorry its a bit vauge im not sure EXACTLY what u do cause i havent had to edit effects in awhile.

kenney001
August 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
well i have been messing witht eh events and parts for the past half hour and cant figure it out....Thats why i asked...

Inferno
August 21st, 2007, 05:21 PM
duplicate the events that contain the parts for the weapons. and make it so it lasts longer i guess? if not then look in all the dependencys to the effect and see what u find.

actually... its probally in the weapon tag its a scaleing function i think. check to make sure its not a part of a-in and a-out stuff.

kenney001
August 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
thats......what i have been doing. And no i tried removing all the scale dependancies from it. I have tried making the event duration bounds longer, i have tried kacking the lifespan of the particle up, i have tried fade out time in the particle.....still nothing...

Inferno
August 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM
is the flash u want to have like a light effect or a particle?

kenney001
August 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM
it is a...muzzle flash. But i figured it out. I changed the looping sequence count from 0 to 1, which shouldnt make a difference with single bitmaps, but heey it worked.

Inferno
August 21st, 2007, 06:47 PM
thats good.
so it creates the effect twice?

kenney001
August 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM
no. I honestly have no idea why it worked but it had nothing to do with the effect tag. It changed the particle animation properties in some way that made it last. Maybe when it was set to zero it only animated one frame then quit, and when i set it to one, it told it that there was only one bitmap sequence to play.......I dont know...