PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Opus Machinima

ExAm
August 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Here's one that Tickertape has been working on for a looong time. The scenes I helped with were a bitch to get right, and I assume the ones I wasn't in during filming were just as difficult D:

Credit to Andras Ostrom. I was only an actor, and had nothing to do with the editing process or the planning of the thing, let alone writing. However, I drove almost every vehicle in the movie :awesome: (excluding scenes with multiple vehicles)

Note that it was originally called Machinima for Dummies, but there's a website with that name already, so he changed it. There are probably a few discrepancies in the film where it is referred to as Machinima for Dummies.

HBO Link (http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=19639)

Official site (http://www.ve-designs.net/opusmachinima/)

EDIT: Might want to move this to offtopic. At first I thought it would be good in the Release thread, but now I realize that was a screwup. :P

Mass
August 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
:awesome:

Con
August 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Downloading now. Sounds good from the descriptions.

Xegrot
August 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
I've never laughed so hard at ANY machinima in my entire life. That was a true Halo classic. Ultimate props to Andras!

Flyboy
August 23rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
May I just say your really fucking lucky to have a large cast AND one that works with you and not against you. I run into the exact same problems in filming that the movie depicts. It's incredible how filming something that should only take one or two dedicated session happens to take two to three to four to five weeks. It's really just pathetic.

Good job on the film, great cinematography by the way. Did you have one camera man or two? And how long did this take you?

ExAm
August 23rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
He's been working on this for a few months :/
I think we shot the zombie scene around January.

Andras was the only cameraman, and the director for the entire thing. To add to that he also did all of the video and sound editing, to my knowledge.

Every time the camera shakes for a scene, there's a guy firing a gauss cannon at the ground nearby :awesome:

Flyboy
August 23rd, 2007, 02:38 AM
I could tell. But it's pretty impressive what was done with a lone camera man. It's really hard to maintain the same quality time after time as the camera angles change.