PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Making a more complex H2V map tutorial (shader creation too!)

armoman92
August 22nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
This a pretty big file again (500mb, 1 hr 50mi), This tutorial shows how to make a more complex indoor level in H2V. There is also a short on glass and making shader in there too. The .ASS , .MAP and .MAX (For MAX 7+) are included. hope it helps!!!!:D

Permanent Link, thanks to KIWIDOGGIE (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=1193)

Here (http://allenthinks.com/pub/tutorial_cplx_Armoman92.rar)Old megaupload link

Old Megaupload link (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZOT7N6U)On Halomaps.org

Pending...

armoman92
August 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
that would be great thx:D

Patrickssj6
August 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
500mb...people what are you doing? I don't want an HD tutorial....

Dr Dmoney
August 25th, 2007, 07:56 AM
I love HD tutorials but for others you need to make another about 100mbs.

armoman92
August 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
how, all other options in camtasia make my movie not work?

armoman92
August 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks alot KIWIDOGGIE. You rock :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::w oop::woop::woop::gtfo:

Bastinka
August 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Damn, you know some people have crappy internet?

The best download speeds I ever get, on good servers, is around 85.5 Kbps.

Please make an HD and Low Def options in between :gonk:

Saggy
August 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Good job ripping of FireDragon04's level design from his Halo Custom Editon tutorial for modeling an indoor map :rolleyes:

Besides that, the tutorial was "okay". The way you modeled the map could have been done more, efficently, if you will. People could have watched FireDragons tutorial (the modeling part) and got the same result. Basically what you did was remade the tutorial for Halo 2 Vista when what you should have done was made your own tutorial in a sence.

In my opinion, it would have been better if you showed how to model something more original, and possibly even more complex. Now I know you didn't copy the map exactly to every detail, (I.E. the tunnels going up instead of turning, the walkway going across the pit-o-doom was thicker) but the overall idea is pretty much the same. Also, you could of made/shown how to make a texture that fit in more with "your" map. That way, the overall quality of your tutorial would have been better.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Watching it now, but you really need to press Z alot more. If you have a box selected and press Z the camera like makes it the subject, so you can pan around it more easily without having to move the camera from left and right works on polys and vertexs.

One thing, you delete the edges at the side of the camp, doesnt that give you open edges?

armoman92
August 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM
ahh? thats what Z does....

FireDragon04
August 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Good job ripping of FireDragon04's level design from his Halo Custom Editon tutorial for modeling an indoor map :rolleyes:

Besides that, the tutorial was "okay". The way you modeled the map could have been done more, efficently, if you will. People could have watched FireDragons tutorial (the modeling part) and got the same result. Basically what you did was remade the tutorial for Halo 2 Vista when what you should have done was made your own tutorial in a sence.

In my opinion, it would have been better if you showed how to model something more original, and possibly even more complex. Now I know you didn't copy the map exactly to every detail, (I.E. the tunnels going up instead of turning, the walkway going across the pit-o-doom was thicker) but the overall idea is pretty much the same. Also, you could of made/shown how to make a texture that fit in more with "your" map. That way, the overall quality of your tutorial would have been better.

Woah! I don't watch tutorials, but wow...I might have to watch this one if someone loves my tutorials so much they have to get insperation from mine! LOL.

In other news i'll be making a detailed tutorial how to make a VERY detailed map.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Woah! I don't watch tutorials, but wow...I might have to watch this one if someone loves my tutorials so much they have to get insperation from mine! LOL.

In other news i'll be making a detailed tutorial how to make a VERY detailed map.

You know, yours was the first tutorial I ever watched, and it helped me a shitload because until then I was just creating boxes and calling it a map. :lol:

yeah, I hope you do, though at this point I won't need it I don't think, but I'll watch it for nastalgia purposes to go back to when I was a preteen who thought your modelling was godly. :)

But seriously, I owe you something for inspiring me. [/wimpy]

UXB
September 2nd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Making a more complex Halo 2 Vista Map Tutorial
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2216

Video resized to 640X480

cheezdue
February 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
you make the best tutorials!