PDA

View Full Version : Missile Pod for Halo CE !

Shockwave
August 23rd, 2007, 02:35 AM
Hi! Here the Missile Pod for Halo Custom Editioncreate by {DHG}Vista:

http://fr.vella.free.fr/imake/hehe1.jpg

supersniper
August 23rd, 2007, 06:54 AM
Looks nice. I like it a lot. Keep up the good work.

Edward Elrich
August 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
Nice. But I think this topic belongs in "Halo CE General Discussion." Unless CMT is planning to use a missile pod in their campaign.

RedBaron
August 23rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Actually, this could work real well with the homing rockets from SPv1, though this isn't CMT's...

supersniper
August 23rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Let it stay I mean his other topic got spammed into locking.

Limited
August 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Thats suppose to fly? HMm fair enough, I think those like angled bits near the top are a big too far out but :)

Con
August 23rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
Thats suppose to fly? HMm fair enough, I think those like angled bits near the top are a big too far out but :)
who said anything about the weapon flying...

Mass
August 23rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
looks decent. haven't used the original so I don't really know what to say.

Tweek
August 23rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
it's terrible.
anyone claiming it's nice is a moron.

i hath spoken

Limited
August 23rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
who said anything about the weapon flying...Uh, missile pod...thats attached to a battle cruiser...that flies in the sky :O

SnaFuBAR
August 23rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
it's terrible.

i hath spoken
SnaFuhrer is in agreement.

try harder, the model is really really bad. don't listen to all these nublets who think it's awesome, because they don't have a slight clue.

Ki11a_FTW
August 23rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Boxes and cylenders...

OmegaDragon
August 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Boxes and cylenders...

Don't forget that geosphere ;D

PenGuin1362
August 23rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
it's terrible.

i hath spoken

i hath concured

where's the smoothing? and decent detail? looks like "boxes and cylinders" and a geosphere. and some extrusion which you all left out.

try harder, the model is really really bad. don't listen to all these nublets who think it's awesome, because they don't have a slight clue.

_TheArbiter_
August 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
yeah...mb if u apply smooth in the mesh it will look better

FRain
August 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
^ No. That will just make it look retarted.

_TheArbiter_
August 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
like that u wont see those edged faces....

Tweek
August 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
yeah...mb if u apply smooth in the mesh it will look better

moron of the week.
you really haven't got a clue what you're talking about, yet you think you can offer advice to people?

let the firebrigate put out fires, let the electricien fix your wiring, and let the psychiatrist fix your head. you don't go to a hospital, and cut someone open, that's for doctors to do, this is similar.

simple comparison no?

[edit]:

like that u wont see those edged faces....
stop talking now!

Skyline
August 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
moron of the week.
you really haven't got a clue what you're talking about, yet you think you can offer advice to people?

let the firebrigate put out fires, let the electricien fix your wiring, and let the psychiatrist fix your head. you don't go to a hospital, and cut someone open, that's for doctors to do, this is similar.

simple comparison no?

[edit]:

stop talking now!
I don't see a game development building anywhere near here, all I see is an open board forum inwhich anyone can say their opinions.

Edit: Someone is choking on some food at a restaurant, no one touch him! Someone go get a person from dell to go call the hospitial and get an ambulance here. So the docters can save his life, while we sit here and do nothing cause we are not docters!

Scream Thief
August 23rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Looks a tad ugly to me.

Good start though, I guess.

Apoc4lypse
August 23rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
I don't see a game development building anywhere near here, all I see is an open board forum in which anyone can say their opinions.

Edit: Someone is choking on some food at a restaurant, no one touch him! Someone go get a person from dell to go call the hospitial and get an ambulance here. So the docters can save his life, while we sit here and do nothing cause we are not docters!

Agreed... tweek back off, unless u would rather change your comments and make your suggestions realistic instead of biting the kids head off, hes entitled to his opinions, if you don't agree you can politely suggest otherwise.

I'm getting sick of all the jackasses around here. Your all acting ignorant and think it's either my way or the highway when ever you give criticism, please step into the shrinks rays so we can fix your heads.

As for the model I agree, it doesn't serve very well to be a weapon at all, its just random extrusions, it needs more purpose in the modeling.

Rosco
August 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Yes usually the highway consists of people not getting any better.

TeeKup
August 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Wow that model is utter crap. How about you actually model the cross part onto that cone instead of using the "attach" feature.

It's ugly, boxy, bland, and terrible. Just like the one in Halo 3.

Con
August 24th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Hey, lets all stop hopping on the :bandwagon: and actually give him some real crit.

The first thing I notice are the proportions. It stick out way too much at the front. Bungie released a .mov file when the documented their EVA suit. It showed an EVA spartan holding this weapon and you could look at it from any angle. I recommends finding that on their site in their news/updates list then comparing it to your model. Scrutinize the details as well.

ICEE
August 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM
its a good start methinks. i wouldnt put it ingame in such shape, but i believe you can make it better, having seen past work

mR_r0b0to
August 24th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Redo. Look at your references carefully... I can't see the missile pod in this other than the diamond shaped frame thing, and besides that, it isn't very good.

Sunray
August 24th, 2007, 04:32 AM
The first thing I notice are the proportions. It stick out way too much at the front. Bungie released a .mov file when the documented their EVA suit. It showed an EVA spartan holding this weapon and you could look at it from any angle. I recommends finding that on their site in their news/updates list then comparing it to your model. Scrutinize the details as well.Conscars and Mr Roboto are right. You need a better reference. This (http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/halo-3/file-522410) is the 3d model of the spartan holding the missile pod so you can see a lot more of the details. I've done a pic with just a few things that need changing/correcting using the pic in the link above:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8818/picwx4.jpg

Tarzan
August 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM

Mmm.... where do the missiles come out? I think it needs that made MUCH more apparant in the render, and definitely on the final model. You could prolly boolean some tubes into that turbine thing on the front. Handle looks pretty bad too...

Otherwise coming along nicely....

PenGuin1362
August 24th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Mmm.... where do the missiles come out? I think it needs that made MUCH more apparant in the render, and definitely on the final model. You could prolly boolean some tubes into that turbine thing on the front. Handle looks pretty bad too...

Otherwise coming along nicely....

go kill yourself

don't EVER use boolean. it is a tool made for lazy modelers (well mainly for engineering purposes). anyway, it turns the mesh to complete shit and just f's up the model. what you want to learn is plane modeling.

Tweek
August 24th, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol boolean.
nice tool, if you know what you're doing. sadly, 99% doesn't so lol.

Con
August 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Mmm.... where do the missiles come out? I think it needs that made MUCH more apparant in the render, and definitely on the final model.

Don't start adding shit thats not in the actual Halo 3 weapon, please. Ignore Tarzan.

PenGuin1362
August 24th, 2007, 10:41 AM
lol boolean.
nice tool, if you know what you're doing. sadly, 99% doesn't so lol.

if done right it works but i still don't like it. it seems like it takes more time then to just model in what ever you're doing

SnaFuBAR
August 24th, 2007, 12:47 PM
ATTN: MODELING NUBS!

STOP POSTING. YOU DON'T GIVE GOOD ADVICE.

this message has been paid for by the department of 3d modeling awarness.
all hail SnaFuhrer

mR_r0b0to
August 24th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I use boolean.. D:

so it doesn't shit up all the faces, select and detach the face/s that you want to boolean as a separate object.. do boolean, clean it up, then attach it again.

PenGuin1362
August 24th, 2007, 02:06 PM
like i said it can be nice but just takes longer then to just model it on there unless maybe you're doing a large amount.

[BD] Spartan
August 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM

all hail SnaFuhrer

All Hail SnaFuher:worship:

Con
August 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM
look snaf' ^

You don't have to be WoL to have minions!

Flyboy
August 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM

all hail SnaFuhrer
I've never seen you give out one positive comment to anyone who tries to 3d model without boasting something about yourself. Usually you just insult people. Everyone else is trying to help, posting suggestions and visual aid. You on the other hand just call people noobs for trying to get some feedback on something inferior to your models. Ya, we get it, your good at something, that doesn't mean you need to shit on the little guy.

SMASH
August 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I've never seen you give out one positive comment to anyone who tries to 3d model without boasting something about yourself. Usually you just insult people. Everyone else is trying to help, posting suggestions and visual aid. You on the other hand just call people noobs for trying to get some feedback on something inferior to your models. Ya, we get it, your good at something, that doesn't mean you need to shit on the little guy.

I disagree, your just to naive to realize it. Snafu has overall been supportive to me in my modeling since I was a noob. You know why? Cause I asked for help, I wanted to learn. Maybe if more people had that attitude, then he'd help, else, just get ready to be told it sucks.

Also, don't be so condescending on other members... your not exactly the most reputable member, and definitely not reputable to be calling out Snafu.

Besides, he's right.

SnaFuBAR
August 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM
i guess i should just stop teaching people personally over aim, huh? I mean, there's no reason for me to be helpful if i can't do it on aim huh!?

[BD] Spartan
August 26th, 2007, 12:15 AM
look snaf' ^

You don't have to be WoL to have minions!
:lmao:

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Also, don't be so condescending on other members... your not exactly the most reputable member, and definitely not reputable to be calling out Snafu.
Besides, he's right.
First of all, just because I don't have a reputation around here doesn't judge my intellect or my derision making, it just means people don't know me that well, and means that people are less likely to agree with me.

I never questioned whether he was right, he just doesn't need to be such a dick all the time.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm not commenting on 3D modeling, I admit I know nothing about that, however, I know when people are dicks.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I'll criticize all I want until I'm either get too pissed off to stay here, banned, or die. So until any of those happen you'll need to put up with my "shit"

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Flyboy just doesn't know comedy when he see's it. He's just an uptight little shitfuck. Piss off.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Alright, fine. I can be stubborn, too.

Did you honestly think a hollow threat from an idiotic child was going to ward me off?
That was a threat? Care to point our where I in anyway posted something that had to do with threatening you.

And snaf, that wasn't just about the quote. It's about you in general.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
And snaf, that wasn't just about the quote. It's about you in general.
same applies to you :rolleyes: except, you don't know how long i've been a help to all these people. i know your posting history, and the fact is, you need to shut the fuck up.

oshi- wait! I CAN HELP YOU! one word. MEDICATION

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I will be honest here. Most of you need to grow up. All you do is down cast everyone, whether it be for their opinions on things, or just something they are doing because they enjoy it, (i.e. for those of you to stupid to pick up a hint, is when someone makes something with their time and you come in and say it sucks.), and for some of you who are just sucking up to some of the people with "high reps", please get a life. I could care less about the gayass rep shit here. I can also care less that some of you will say some retarded response to this post acting like I'm insulting your "oh so great hierarchy", if they are so great, why are they putting everyone down that asks for help, and when they desperately look for someone to say yeah it's fine just work on "this, this, and this and it will be better.", so continue in your petty existance, and flame me for all I care. Just no, I will give you the hospitality that you never gave others here, at other forums.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Medication for a different opinion? They have those now? Wow, I never new freedom of speech got people so pissed off these days.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I will be honest here. Most of you need to grow up. All you do is down cast everyone, whether it be for their opinions on things, or just something they are doing because they enjoy it, (i.e. for those of you to stupid to pick up a hint, is when someone makes something with their time and you come in and say it sucks.), and for some of you who are just sucking up to some of the people with "high reps", please get a life. I could care less about the gayass rep shit here. I can also care less that some of you will say some retarded response to this post acting like I'm insulting your "oh so great hierarchy", if they are so great, why are they putting everyone down that asks for help, and when they desperately look for someone to say yeah it's fine just work on "this, this, and this and it will be better.", so continue in your petty exsistance, and flame me for all I care. Just no, I will give you the hospitality that you never gave others here, at other forums.

clearly you're quite bad at reading comprehension. it's not about rep here, it's about him trying to make me look like some terrible badguy when i've been one of the most helpful members in the halo community. it's also his extreme hypocrisy (which makes me laugh more than anything).

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Medication for a different opinion? They have those now? Wow, I never new freedom of speech got people so pissed off these days.
No, medication for your obvious state of psychological disorder.

lmao, you want to go talking about freedom of speech now? wake the fuck up, you're in a forum where you DON'T have freedom of speech. if what you said isn't liked, it gets deleted, warned, etc, or it gets you banned. there is no such thing as "freedom of speech" here. It's not freedom of speech that gets people pissed off, it's stupid little trolls like you.:eyesroll:

Bastinka
August 26th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I'll criticize all I want until I'm either get too pissed off to stay here, banned, or die. So until any of those happen you'll need to put up with my "shit"
Who are you? What the heck are you doing posting?

O' Right your just a little insignificant troll on the great internet, wow you must have lots of admirerers!

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:05 AM
clearly you're quite bad at reading comprehension. it's not about rep here, it's about him trying to make me look like some terrible badguy when i've been one of the most helpful members in the halo community. it's also his extreme hypocrisy (which makes me laugh more than anything).

Haha, you are making me laugh like crazy as I type.
I'm the one bad at comprehension, eh? Says the one who doesn't know what a shift key is. And as for the rest of you logic deprived, animals, go on, post away. I could care less, I am not welcome to a shitty community (if that's what you call it here), I don't want to be anyway. At least, I am taking up for what's right, I can careless a bunch of no bodies don't give a damn.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Wait, who the fuck are you again?
That is the whole fucking point! Just because this guy is new, and happens to agree with me (thanks) doesn't make his opinion any less worthy than one of yours. So his rep dick isn't as long as a mile, from my point of view, if your able to state an opinion that is truthful like what he just said, and what I believe people like yourself are based around, then it doesn't matter whether he's new or old, a 9 year old or an 80 year old, a post whore or someone with a life.

He stated it perfectly. The guy's who put their time and effort into making things from the community, they come for help, so that they can release it eventually and feel proud of what they did. However, many of you egotisticle morons simply post "learn to model," "this sucks," "you suck, people who aren't perfect modelers shouldn't be saying ANYTHING about this." It just degrades self confidence. If your going to say something like that, AT LEAST put something in your post that can help the guy get better.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Aside from what Snaf said, you kids are being hypocrites on a stellar scale by trying to suppress our opinions.

Nice work, morons - you beat yourselves for us.
When we try to suppress your opinions we do it in a argumentative, and slightly ass-holish manner. However, I don't go around saying people need pills.

FYI - A troll is someone who comes to a forum and flames, carries on and bickers. Usually with out a reason other than to piss other people off. I'm stating an opinion of people, using moderately long posts and details. Conclusion, I'm not a troll, you just hate me.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Snaf's shift key happens to be jammed, as anyone who actually made a name for themself in this community well knows.

Also, you called us logic deprived? You think you know what's 'right'?

As for the whole shift key excuse, I don't buy it. If it is so important to him, then why doesn't he use the caps lock key? Logic wasn't used was it. Prime example, ladies and gentlemen.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Isn't it time for you kids to go to bed? :lmao:

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:14 AM
If I did I'd miss dragon tales. Guess I'll be up till five again.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:23 AM
You've done help to the community, I realize that. Both of you have also done a lot of things that I think are completely idiotic, but the fact that the people who you do them to don't have a reputation enough to fight back, or just ignore you completely and siv through the positive stuff. This is mainly at snaf. I really don't monitor what ross does enough for me to talk about what you do.

Now, you say I have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, snaf, care to look back through this entire thread and find one thing where you try to help the kid. All I can find is "try harder, the model is really really bad. don't listen to all these nublets who think it's awesome, because they don't have a slight clue." and then saying not to listen to what everyone else said.

Now look at what sunray did. He showed the guy step by step what to improve, in proportions and details. If you are certainly such a help to the community as you say, then why didn't you try to actually help the guy with his model. Instead, you flamed it.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:29 AM
flyboy, it needs to be said outright... you're a fucking moron.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:31 AM
I think it's time that some of you grow up. And how did you know to whom it was that I was reffering? Guilt hit you in the head? And as for your age joke, how would you know how old someone is over the internet? Behaviors? I could easily say your twelve because of the way you type, and comprehend things in your posts. The fact, that I seem to oppose you? So, if any one is against you that makes them wrong? I seem to bring up questions, but none of you bring any good answers, only comments that do nothing for the better of this thread or the questions. And, no I registered to watch how this community responds to new peple, and those looking for help, or advice. And, I must say. It has potential, if some people would get their head out of their asses.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM
asinine conclusions, at best. keep trolling, you'll be outta here soon.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:35 AM
There you go again. Who's the troll? I'm asking valid questions, and you are making dumb comments.

PenGuin1362
August 26th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Believe it or not...that didn't help either, BUT NICE TRY :haw:

Thanks for that "smart" comment, but you too may leave now.

This has gotten far to out of control. Give it a rest guys. Let him have his topic back now.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Can you not spot a joke over the net? Here comes someone who thinks he knows my M.O., and puts me on blast, and couldn't be more wrong. The fact is that what he quoted was actually good advice, and it was comic.

The sad thing is that he, and you, are total hypocrites. :ssh: So full of logic, aren't you?

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I must say, I'm surprised by that.
LOL GUYS I'D LAUGH IF THAT BUS FULL OF 6-YEAR-OLDS FELL OFF THAT BRIDGE LOL BTW AMERICA IS DYING AND EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY IS STUPID EXCEPT FOR ME, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THINGS WERE BETTER DURING A WAR THAT KILLED 60 MILLION PEOPLE THAN THEY WERE IN THE 70S OR EVEN NOW.
Jesus, you are ignorant. First of all, I no where stated that I was the only one that had intellect. Second of all. Please, I want you to look at manufacturing rates, compare us to other countries in terms of education, how our tax money is spent, the lying politicians (I could really really really get into this one, and seeing as from some of Snafu's posts about 9-11, I'd bet he agree), the imports from other countries, inflation, the fact that our current president even veto'd a bill that would do so much for child health care. That and many other things just prove the downward spiral we're going in. You have quiet a mouth on you for judging how america "thrives" for someone a whole ocean away who drinks tea all day (my way of saying your British) .

Oh right, because telling the truth is flaming. :downs:
If he thought the model sucked he could have at least tried to tell the guy what to do better.

Believe it or not...that didn't help either, BUT NICE TRY :haw:

Thanks for that "smart" comment, but you too may leave now.

This has gotten far to out of control. Give it a rest guys. Let him have his topic back now.
I agree, even though the arguement is getting interesting, let the guy post his work. We can flame each other on another topic. I'll make reservations.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Explain as to how I am a hypocrite. Oh, and nice work on getting that shift key fixed. :)

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Explain as to how I am a hypocrite. Oh, and nice work on getting that shift key fixed. :)

i won't waste my time. It's not always broken, i have to pound away at it for a while. has to do with soda spilling onto my keyboard.

PenGuin1362
August 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Actually his comments make sense and get right to the point. They aren't layered with fucktard questions about shit no one cares about. http://h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5543 read that before you say any more retarded shit. Better yet, just shut the fuck up right now cause you aren't doing anyone any good. You are just another one of those people who can't stand to see harsh behavior. Get out of your basement and get with the real world here. Life is tough, we're not here to hold your hand. So grow up, grow some balls, and shut the hell up. Good day to you sir.

HUrrr i use chift keys guys. it makes me super smarts....I'll take my skill which basically has me set in life then worry about my typing. cauSE usIng shift, won't do shit for me.

edit: ok seriously enough now lol. this has really gotten out of control. you wanna bitch so much take it to pm. leave this poor kids topic alone now.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I prefer talking like what you just demonstrated SnaFuBar, but it would have been nice to point out to me where I was being a hypocrite. And as for your keyboard, I know what it's like, but just went and found a cheap one the other day. And as for the previos poster, I have also already stated, I don't give a damn about what people like you say, it doesn't make it any more right to say things like that, and if just one person who reads this at all changes their mind about treating someone with respect, it's worth it to have people like you make posts like that to me. Just becuase some people don't know how to make intelligent posts and at the least insult someone with more creativity than a kid, infact doesn't even merit a notice by me.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Why don't you head on over to another thread unless you want to clarify any missunderstandings.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM
If he thought the model sucked he could have at least tried to tell the guy what to do better.

the guy could have asked...not to mention that if these people learned without being nurtured step by step by super patient, super friendly, super dopey, super soft dick lickers than why can't the person being "flamed?"
the reality is that if the person has the ability to improve they will be able to deal with criticism, and the ability to improve is neccessary for having skill.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Why should I bother answering your posts? It's called respect. I have some for all of you. But, not as much as I would have if you were polite. Obviously some of you have gotten so used to things as they are you don't care about the way they should be.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 02:10 AM
yeah, if you have pride in your work then you aren't an ass about it, you try to make it better.

Desert Fox RWTF
August 26th, 2007, 02:13 AM
As for your comment that you think, that I think I would just come here and be against the "bad guys" is entirely wrong. I knew that this would happen, I just thought maybe someone would be willing to listen and make a change, but obviously I was wrong. And since you all have spoken, I will not return.

PenGuin1362
August 26th, 2007, 02:15 AM
exactly. I mean hell, i got ripped apart by katarn when i first posted my stuff, and if you guys think snaf's bad well....anyway it's not a reason to get all defensive, take what they tell you and use to it make it better, and if you get nothing (which does tend to happen sometimes), use it as motivation to prove them wrong. and when it does happen just ask them what you can do to improve it. don't get defensive.

in a final thought, shockwave, don't take anything we say personally, if you really have wanna make it come out good, work for it. search for tutorials or ask someone with experience for help.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I watched tutorials before I started posting at halomaps for gods sake. Its all about making an effort, there are so many resources available to you, if you're to lazy to tap dat thang then that is your fault and you may very well get flamed.

I'd tap that.:-3

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
There is no excuse for crappy models. The internet is a HUGE place, there are plenty of awesome tutorials out there. As Massacre said, anyone who wants to know how to make the model better, COULD HAVE FUCKING ASKED.
There is no excuse for noobishness. I know, being a former noob myself. I've now mostly retired from the modeling business, I was too retarded to follow the tuts, and now I do HEK work.
So for those people who go ZOMG U NEED TO B NICER NOOBZ!, go fuck yourself in the ass, please. If they want to stop being noobs, they'll learn to model using the tutorials. If they are too lazy to learn to model (like me), they'll learn the HEK inside and out, join a mapping team, and use the models they provide.

Nothing against you, Shockwave, just this thread has become a battleground. Stay low and post some good pics of an improved model, and it'll clear up.

PenGuin1362
August 26th, 2007, 02:26 AM
lol ok ross calm down now, it's over haha.

Nothing against you, Shockwave, just this thread has become a battleground. Stay low and post some good pics of an improved model, and it'll clear up.

lol yea. but no need to stay low, search for plane modeling tutorials and such get more pics, google is your best friend in modeling. it just takes a good deal of practice.

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 02:28 AM
I love these white knights who think they know it all and try to 'change things for the better'.

It helps to know what actually needs changing first. Good riddance.
THANK YOU.
Most of these noobs don't know what to change. Look at halomaps. Sure, it's serene, but there are new noobs posting there daily. Do you want this place to become overloaded with noobs? Or do you want the flame police to come in and burn them all, and then have the Waahbulance come by to pick them up and send them back to where they belong, Halomaps, like it is now?
Realize what will change before you pull a maneuver like that, and you will discover it's A FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA.

OK, it's over now, time to calm down. It's safe to come back in, Shockwave.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 03:21 AM
I disagree, your just to naive to realize it. Snafu has overall been supportive to me in my modeling since I was a noob. You know why? Cause I asked for help, I wanted to learn. Maybe if more people had that attitude, then he'd help, else, just get ready to be told it sucks.

Besides, he's right.

To me it seems like Flyboy is the one who is right here. Snaf was the one who blatantly insulted someone and Flyboy was defending him. But then once Flyboy defends the little guy, you all jump all over him. It reminds me much like the school bully, and then there is one kid who defends, and in the end he gets bullied for getting involved. Because Snaf is so well known and has a high rep he thinks he can treat others like shit. To me, it seem like Snaf is wrong here. Just my opinion...

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Snaf just offered his opinion, its not his job to fucking sugar-coat eveything and put a little "with love from snaf" tag on the goddamn truth.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 03:36 AM
To me it seems like Flyboy is the one who is right here.
false
Snaf was the one who blatantly insulted someone and Flyboy was defending him.
so, him coming along and putting down my view of the work displayed and being a total asshole makes him so much better than me, especially when he did nothin to rectify the person's errors? wow, gfg, i didn't know trolls were so well recieved. then again, you don't know what you're talking about either. wtf ever.
But then once Flyboy defends the little guy, you all jump all over him.
because he's wrong, and he's a troll.
It reminds me much like the school bully, and then there is one kid who defends, and in the end he gets bullied for getting involved.
lmao, so you're another one of those stupid kids who thinks that because i post my opinion, it makes me the big bad model-nazi? fucking newsbreak, i've been quite helpful. don't you ever forget that.
Because Snaf is so well known and has a high rep he thinks he can treat others like shit. To me, it seem like Snaf is wrong here. Just my opinion...
no. just no. stupid remark. try again. i dare you.

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 03:38 AM
If the kid wanted to know how to fix up the model, he would have ASKED. Snaf was telling him how much work needed to be done, and then Flyboy comes in here with all that shit, a flame war starts, a flame war ends, everyone goes home happy. Then someone comes back, flame war starts back up, and people start burning to death once again.
If you are not content with the way things are here, GET THE HELL OUT. It's your choice to stay or leave. You stay, STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING OVER EVERY FUCKING NEGATIVE COMMENT. You leave, go to halomaps or halomods, or some other place noobs hang out.
This is the way things are. Deal with it or STFU.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Is that George Forman or did you just get grilled?!

wow.

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Is that George Forman or did you just get grilled?!

wow.
I don't know, it appears to be George Forman. No, wait, that's a piece of pie.
I think this flame war ended already. That was fast.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 03:51 AM

Ya see?!?! You see what I mean. I didn't really insult anyone, I was just inputing my opinion. And then Snuf comes in and insults me and lowers my reputation. I don't really care about what he says about me. I could care less about what he says. But to lower my reputation just shows how much of an ass he is.
I'm a little guy working my way up trying to gain more reputation so I can gain access to parts of the forums. Apparently I need a certain amount to view certain parts. But then he lowers mine for no reason. And of course if I lower his, it doesn't even cause a dent in his. This is what I mean by abuse of power. I didn't really think you were that bad before, because your actions haven't really affected me, but now I think your a complete ass.

No, actually I was taking apart my keyboard. :lol: Imagine the timing for that to happen. Stupid spacebar wasn't working. Fixed it.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Ya see?!?! You see what I mean. I didn't really insult anyone, I was just inputing my opinion. And then Snuf comes in and insults me and lowers my reputation.

He's just brutally honest. Get used to it.

Btw, you're not the most clever person, and words are making an exeptionally phail slingshot, david.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 04:00 AM
No sir, YOU are an ass. He has donated a lot to this community. He can raise and lower your rep as he sees fit. He has enough rep power to send you into the negatives, but he doesn't.
Now, before you go off on asking what have I donated to the community, I not only did that ATV found in Archive (it's buggy and I had a little help from KiLLa, but it's there), I also found some Halo 3 sounds, cleaned them up, and released them to the public, along with some honking warthogs (never saw the tags anywhere). Snaf has done a lot more then me, as has 97% of the people here, and they are awesome, but you, I am afraid, have not. Or at least nothing I've heard of, which is basically the same thing.

But you see, that's what I mean. It doesn't seem fair that he can completely destroy me because he doesn't agree with my opinions. My post wasn't meant as a flame. I just stating my opinion. I didn't insult in any way. And then he lowers my reputation. It's hard for me to get rep. You have to rely on the community to actually give it to you. And as I slowly make my way up, he knocks me down.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 04:00 AM
you post something like that, you get a -rep. i imagine it's not all that hard to comprehend, right? you say i blatantly insulted someone, and that's not the case. you're just pulling things out like flyboy and friends.

do you care that much about rep? i don't go begging for it, i get it because people agree with what i say and they enjoy my work. that's not abuse of rep, it's how things work. funny how you want to talk so rudely about -rep, yet you -rep me back and say "Returning the favor - i take you down if you take me down". :raise:

way to reinitiate the flame war. nice one, really.

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 04:02 AM
But you see, that's what I mean. It doesn't seem fair that he can completely destroy me because he doesn't agree with my opinions. My post wasn't meant as a flame. I just stating my opinion. I didn't insult in any way. And then he lowers my reputation. It's hard for me to get rep. You have to rely on the community to actually give it to you. And as I slowly make my way up, he knocks me down.
He has that much rep for a reason. Think about that sometime.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 04:06 AM
you post something like that, you get a -rep. i imagine it's not all that hard to comprehend, right? you say i blatantly insulted someone, and that's not the case. you're just pulling things out like flyboy and friends.

do you care that much about rep? i don't go begging for it, i get it because people agree with what i say and they enjoy my work. that's not abuse of rep, it's how things work. funny how you want to talk so rudely about -rep, yet you -rep me back and say "Returning the favor - i take you down if you take me down". :raise:

way to reinitiate the flame war. nice one, really.

I see it as fair. Why should you bring me down, and I can't bring you down? You don't go begging for it because your known. But people who don't have skills like you, don't have it so easy. Oh sure I can make maps and simple things like that. I've been with this community for about 2 years, and I'm not really into the whole making amazing things. I just like posting with friends who have common interests and help new people when I can.

So basically if my opinion is wrong, which isn't even possible, I get negative rep?

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 04:06 AM
If you avoid twisting the truth then you won't be punched in the face.

No word yet on why the bush administration hasn't recieved multiple punches to the face.

k4is3rxkh40s
August 26th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Why is it more often than not threads regarding models allways decend to flam :fail:

we really need that thread of peng's stickied..

Because a crappy model is made, then either the maker or someone thinking hes the "great defender of the people" comes in saying either "hold his hand through the process because hes new, and shouldnt have to do shit." or "its good, youre just better so that model seems worse and you shouldnt comment on it" /basically/

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 04:11 AM
lol.

BIG MODELLER IS WATCHING YOU

Jay2645
August 26th, 2007, 04:12 AM
I agree completely, Ross.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Flyboy654 (5:05:44 AM): jay
Flyboy654 (5:05:47 AM): of all the people
Flyboy654 (5:05:51 AM): your kissing his ass?
Jay2646 (5:05:50 AM): It was massacre's idea
Jay2646 (5:05:58 AM): i'm doing it to save my own ass
Flyboy654 (5:06:15 AM): THATS THE POINT
Jay2646 (5:06:10 AM): yep
Jay2646 (5:06:11 AM): lol
Flyboy654 (5:06:27 AM): you are to concerned about fucking reputation
Flyboy654 (5:06:32 AM): so is everyone
Jay2646 (5:06:25 AM): i'm becoming known as the next Hogdriver
Jay2646 (5:06:30 AM): that's why
Flyboy654 (5:06:42 AM): they don't care if ross or snaf ar right or wrong
Flyboy654 (5:06:46 AM): they just want a rep stick
Jay2646 (5:06:40 AM): yep
Jay2646 (5:06:42 AM): that's me
Jay2646 (5:06:51 AM): rep is power
Jay2646 (5:06:56 AM): and i like power
Flyboy654 (5:07:10 AM): -_-
Jay2646 (5:07:03 AM): lol
Jay2646 (5:07:05 AM): so sad
Jay2646 (5:07:07 AM): and so true
Flyboy654 (5:07:22 AM): it's not true!
Flyboy654 (5:07:33 AM): if thats how the forums revolves
Flyboy654 (5:07:38 AM): the it truely is pathetic
Jay2646 (5:07:30 AM): it is
Jay2646 (5:07:31 AM): sadly
Flyboy654 (5:07:43 AM): he got the rep for a reason
Flyboy654 (5:07:50 AM): and now that he has it he just shits on the little guy
Flyboy654 (5:07:54 AM): and peope,a agree with him
Flyboy654 (5:08:00 AM): cause they don't want to get shat on
Jay2646 (5:07:58 AM): it's called e-bullying
Jay2646 (5:08:03 AM): and it's a problem
Jay2646 (5:08:19 AM): i know that
Flyboy654 (5:08:54 AM): I'm one of the few people out there
Flyboy654 (5:08:59 AM): who actually goes up against
Jay2646 (5:08:56 AM): as was i about 15 minutes ago
Flyboy654 (5:09:08 AM): what the people with rep dicks think
Jay2646 (5:09:06 AM): but i got converted
Flyboy654 (5:09:19 AM): and just for voicing an opinion
Jay2646 (5:09:11 AM): because i was getting shat on
Flyboy654 (5:09:24 AM): i get everyone turned against me
Flyboy654 (5:09:30 AM): not because they disagree with me
Flyboy654 (5:09:39 AM): but because they're out for their own asses
Flyboy654 (5:09:47 AM): I was just trying to fucking help the guy

I see how this forum is run now. It was how I thought it was. But now I know.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 04:16 AM

all hail SnaFuhrer

Well to me this seems like an insult to all the new people here at the forums. They don't deserve this. They lack experience and therefore won't give very good advice. But you shouldn't shut them all out just because they are amateurs.

That is my OPINION.

Now that quote seems more offensive than the thing I said. You even put it in big annoying red letters. Maybe I should -rep you for that? Hell, we're all just -reping each other for opinions we considering insulting aren't we?

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Agreed. You should just stop though, I tried exactly what your doing. Your not going to get anywhere with these stubborn pricks.

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 04:19 AM
did you miss the earlier post stating that was a comedic approach? HOLY LORD IN HEAVEN WITH ALL YOUR DIVINE POWER PLEASE REAVEAL TO THEM THE IDEA OF COMEDY.

and flyboy, what do you think posting your little covo is going to do? it'll do nothing besides make you and jay look bad.

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gifhttp://img120.imageshack.us/img120/349/snafaj4.jpghttp://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif

yes i will continue to "shit on the little guy"http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif of course i mean that i'll continue to help people on a one-on-one basis.

I'll tell you what I know, and I'll tell you how to get better. I'll share all my resources with you. I'll share my techniques. I'll even take time with you one-on-one. Send me the model, I'll do what i can to fix it. I'll even use different media to explain it until you understand. I don't even have a problem answering a question out of the blue on AIM.

Don't you dare say that I'm not helpful, especially if you don't know me. You haven't got a crutch to stand on in an argument about that, and plenty of people will tell you that.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 04:22 AM
What the hell? JUST LEAVE ME ALL ALONE! What is with everyone gaining up on me?! I just lost nine reputation points for voicing my opinions. LEAVE ME ALONE! PLEASE!

I really don't want this place to turn into Gearbox. The place where I'm not allowed to talk or I fear being penalized.

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 04:23 AM
thanks jay, no one needs to know how, merely that I made you understand why these people are correct.

:beating:

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Jay is an average use who tried to join this community and get some recognition for some average modding with a team. There map design from my point of view wasn't that bad. Ya their moddling needed some work, but they were getting a long well. However, people like you, insulted their work, and didn't even offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. Now look at the guy, he's kissing someones ass he doesn't even like, why, because he doesn't want to end up down in the dumps with everyone hating him. This is exactly what I'm talking about, that example showed how people can come here with a fair amount of confidence and are willing to learn. That is quickly turned into an ass kissing fest, where the people with rep dicks as long as a mile never get offended.

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 04:35 AM
goddamnit, i missed this awesome dramathread. is it too late to start this up again?

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 04:36 AM
We already did. Pick a side, I loose either way.

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 04:38 AM
i'd rather make my own side. so i can yell at EVERYONE

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Thats always fun.

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 04:56 AM
stop spamming! silly man.
your posts do not add to the value of this thread.
your posts should have at least 5 words to be considered meaningfull, and eye-opening.

you, are not. you're more of an eye-closing with the silly yellow sig.
makes me squint. and therefore, i have come to the conclusion that you lose the internet. i have based this decision on pretty much nothing, but because i'm a nazi, i'll enforce this new path we, as a democracy have chosen, and beware those who stray from the path of righteousness. you shall not walk the earth safely anymore.

heed my words or perish.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 05:02 AM
I'm sorry sir, from now on I shall not voice my opinion sir. I shall obay the rules and get rid of my awesome yellow sig. Your decisions are final though based on nothing, perfectly acceptable and everyone should agree with you and pitty the fools in your way. My insubordination shall be no longer tolerated sir, I shall stand still and await my punishment, without trial or reason. I take heed sir, I am prepared for the consequences of my incompetence.

Sir

SnaFuBAR
August 26th, 2007, 05:07 AM
http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gifhttp://img120.imageshack.us/img120/349/snafaj4.jpghttp://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif
HEIL! HEIL! HEIL!
o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/o/
ALL HEIL SNAFUHRER!

COME! LET ME LEAD THIS FORUM OUT OF SHAMBLES,
INTO THE LIGHT! BY CASTING OUT THESE VERMIN!
LIVES OF VERMIN...WEAKEN OUR COMMUNITY!
DESTROY THEIR LIVES! DESTROY THEIR RESISTANCE!
DESTROY THE NOOB FACTION!

I hope the lot of you can ID that as a joke.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 05:07 AM
The fifth rite.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry sir, from now on I shall not voice my opinion sir. I shall obay the rules and get rid of my awesome yellow sig. Your decisions are final though based on nothing, perfectly acceptable and everyone should agree with you and pitty the fools in your way. My insubordination shall be no longer tolerated sir, I shall stand still and await my punishment, without trial or reason. I take heed sir, I am prepared for the consequences of my incompetence.

Sir
Yeah, we must all follow the rules under this Communistic society. I'm so glad that people make me feel welcome here. It makes my visits that much more pleasant. Thanks you Rossmum for being an ass to me. I have learned that I shouldn't talk or voice my opinions.

lol Sarcasm is fun. By the way...this....is...sarcasm. This doesn't mean that I am flaming anyone. I am just joking around. Therefore, no negative rep.

Ok? Should I speak slower? Again, joking.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 05:32 AM

LOL, Did you just make that for today, or has it been used in the past? I didn't know we had a Hitler face.

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 05:44 AM
nono, i'm the hitler of these forums.

check out the risky proposition thread for moar info.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 05:45 AM
We don't, sa.tweek does.

Also, someone made it for him... I can't remember who. I think it might have been Smack.
Also why can't I view this? Best fucking post ever. (http://h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=15065&postcount=10)
If it's because I don't have enough rep, point made. Unfortunately, rep means something here.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 05:49 AM
It's because you don't have access. The post is probably in the CMT "trash" section or something along those lines. Rep has nothing to do with it, it's just there to categorize people.

Rosco
August 26th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I know shit but I dont know shit.

ballin

PenGuin1362
August 26th, 2007, 09:39 AM
The fifth rite.

reich.

true dat rosco. true dat.

CodeBrain
August 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
These are the people that know what they are talking about:

SMASH
Tweek
PenGuin1362
rossum
SnaFuBAR
=EP_T33KUP

Any others who do not believe these people know what they are talking about, needs to shut the fuck up, and stop bitching about them. I may not look like a old timer, but I have been reading all the posts and threads here. I know what these guys are talking about. They are making harsh judgments because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. They are speaking the truth. Get over it. Sure, flame me, I do not care. At least I know who knows what they are talking about, rather than people who do not know jack-shit, and saying things they do not understand.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 06:03 PM

SMASH
Tweek
PenGuin1362
rossum
SnaFuBAR
=EP_T33KUP

Any others who do not believe these people know what they are talking about, needs to shut the fuck up, and stop bitching about them. I may not look like a old timer, but I have been reading all the posts and threads here. I know what these guys are talking about. They are making harsh judgments because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. They are speaking the truth. Get over it. Sure, flame me, I do not care. At least I know who knows what they are talking about, rather than people who do not know jack-shit, and saying things they do not understand.
Wow, you couldn't let the topic die could you? It seems to me that you are trying to intentionally start the flame war again. :eyesroll:

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM

SMASH |- dont rly know this dude, drama
Tweek |- omigosh, im special (yes)
PenGuin1362 |- yes (awww no comment for you)
rossum |-yes (also, postwhore)
SnaFuBAR |- yes (also, get a new hobby damnit)
=EP_T33KUP |- this is news to me, why wasn't i informed?

Wow, you couldn't let the topic die could you? It seems to me that you are trying to intentionally start the flame war again. :eyesroll:
there's no fun in dead topics omg!

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
SMASH |- dont rly know this dude, drama
Tweek |- omigosh, im special (yes)
PenGuin1362 |- yes (awww no comment for you)
rossum |-yes (also, postwhore)
SnaFuBAR |- yes (also, get a new hobby damnit)
=EP_T33KUP |- this is news to me, why wasn't i informed?

there's no fun in dead topics omg!
So basically everyone who kissed ass "knows what they are talking about".

And yea when topics start getting out of control, it's best to let them die. Or they get locked. And locked topics aren't fun. :p

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
i'd post a pic of my ass-cheeks, as proof nobody has ever kissed my ass.

CodeBrain
August 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I am just stating the obvious. Besides, look at their criticism in past threads, they have not been beating them down in any way, they are HELPING them. If they can not handle the criticism these guys give, then do not post it at all.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM
i'd post a pic of my ass-cheeks, as proof nobody has ever kissed my ass.
You just have to everything as joke don't you. I swear your like the class-clown on these forums. :lol:

Tweek
August 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM
also, i dont respond well to ass-kissers.

just a little tidbit of side-information

Mass
August 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not an exceptionally skilled modeller, so I shouldn't be counted as one of these people, and yet, as an outsider looking in I can immediately spot who's right and who's wrong. These people are the regular posters here, they are the center of this community, you can't defy them and expect other people to get behind you, like it was some sort of fucking revolution to overthrow the oppressive criminals who rule a site that is just as much yours, because, for the time being at least, it is more theirs than yours. Just cause they didn't accompany their criticism with a handjob is no reason to rally your nonexistant troops.

Rosco
August 26th, 2007, 07:31 PM
You just have to everything as joke don't you. I swear your like the class-clown on these forums. :lol:

Nice sig. I mean we all do the bit of trolling, but I think yours takes the cake.

Zeph
August 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Looks at page's url
wth, this isn't halomods.com???

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Nice sig. I mean we all do the bit of trolling, but I think yours takes the cake.
Thanks. Was that sarcasm? Hard to tell over the internet.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks. Was that sarcasm? Hard to tell over the internet.
Nope.

Gamerkd16
August 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Dude, I seriously thought that was funny. I wasn't mocking him. In fact so far Tweek has been really good to me. As for the rest of your post...wow...just...speechless.

Start a flame war somewhere else dude...ok?

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM
My first post was not intentionally a flame. Infact, Snaf knows that now and is not upset with me. You however, can't drop it. I was going to post my opinion on something and leave it at that. You all jumped on me. I didn't care about what you said, that's not what started the flame war. The fact you lowered my reputation, for stating my opinion on something, is what pissed me off. If there is ANYTHING that I have a pet peeve over, its credit. And the reputation points are my credit for me helping people at these forums. Take that away from me and it's no wonder I got into a big fight with you. NOW DROP IT.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Your the one who keeps responding. I said drop it, you won't stop. Your the one continuing, not me. *sigh* Jeeze, let it rest.

I think rep is stupid, but since it's there, I try to keep what I earn.

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Sorry, but I fail to understand how you can continue the argument and then demand I drop it. Care to explain how that one works?

lawl. You see he seems to think that you're the one prolonging the fest and insulting him.

What is being done can be compared to swimming in gasoline and then going to talk shit to a bunch of people smoking. Oh that was completely their fault.

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 02:29 AM
thanks.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:31 AM
lawl. You see he seems to think that you're the one prolonging the fest and insulting him.

What is being done can be compared to swimming in gasoline and then going to talk shit to a bunch of people smoking. Oh that was completely their fault.
I understand what he is thinking. And if I am insulting its only because he doesn't understand the simple concept of dropping a conversation.

But yea, that was a funny analogy.

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I understand your intentions here, but if you want a conversation to end why don't you just shut the hell up?

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I understand what he is thinking. And if I am insulting its only because he doesn't understand the simple concept of dropping a conversation.

But yea, that was a funny analogy.
You can drop this right here and now by stopping yourself from posting on this thread. You do it like this:
You read the messages, but, here's where it gets different, you don't type anything! Gasp! Say you accidentally do type something, what do you do then? If you do that, then all you need to do is to not hit the "Submit Reply" button! Wow!
This is advanced stuff, huh?

Tweek
August 27th, 2007, 02:36 AM
i really REALLY suggest that both that gamerkid figure, and rossum stop posting in this thread.

E:

that ended the night you had a headache

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Oh, so you have an allergy to that button which disables it or something? :raise:

It doesn't disable it, just hides it from the rest of the world. Just like the person who locks himself away in a dark room, people can't see him, but they know he's a looser. Like you would know, I'm sure you've touched that "disable reputation" key.

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 02:43 AM
(Oh Jesus look out it's some more of that logic stuff oh shit)

duck and cover your irrational, expert hating heads!

seriously, this topic is pretty much about nothing anymore, I think we should be through with it.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:43 AM

To me it seems like a cool vehicle, is it? Needs some smoothing groups around the outside though. Part of it does seem boxy. But overall, that's a good attempt. Would be cool to see something like this make it ingame. Best of luck. :D

Tweek
August 27th, 2007, 02:44 AM
:eyesroll:

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 02:45 AM
oh, too smooth!!

but not the model, lol.

nice save. I think I'm through with this.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Ya, damn does that thing look fast. I can't wait to drive it around.

Tweek
August 27th, 2007, 02:47 AM
everyone knows missile pods are remote controlled.

Archon23
August 27th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Wait your supposed to drive those things? On the ground? Well I could've used that info before I dove off this cliff...........

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Ya, it's RC's new best seller. Made in china, led paint.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Oh great. So there's going to have to be one of your teammates with a remote control steering your ship from the ground for this to be realistic. :P

Tweek
August 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM
yeah, all vehicles have 3rd person camtrack

Tweek
August 27th, 2007, 02:52 AM
good thing tis game is in the futute, or people would never buy the idea, and call it not from the halo universe and shit.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Come on? Who would say that?

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I'm curious how big this thing is in comparison to size. He should put a reference model next to it.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Probably all those cruel people who use the truth to hurt people.
Ya, WE make this bickering continue.

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/C501DC68-6B15-48B9-A928-489833AB5FC0/0/ilmhalo3multiplayerbeta015.jpg

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:08 AM
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/C501DC68-6B15-48B9-A928-489833AB5FC0/0/ilmhalo3multiplayerbeta015.jpg
LOL, Damn Halo 3 is going be so awesome. I really need to get a 360 soon.

i don't know the size of a H3 Missile Pod. I haven't played the beta.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:10 AM
Keep kidding yourself.

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Brains are supposed to be used to think, they aren't to keep your head from flying away in the wind.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Brains are supposed to be used to think, they aren't to keep your head from flying away in the wind.
Yea, I know what you mean. When will these guys quit? :(

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. When will these guys quit? :(
I was referring to you and Flyboy.
Crikey! Here we have a fine specimen, extremely rare. It's the paperweight gamerkd! Be careful, they might bite! They aren't too smart, but they sure pack a punch. What's interesting about them is the fact that their brains aren't much more use then paperweights, which is what gives them their name.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:20 AM
You threw the first stone, I'm merely defending myself. Don't accuse me for replying when you post something against me.

Crikey! Here we have a fine specimen, extremely rare. It's the paperweight gamerkd! Be careful, they might bite! They aren't too smart, but they sure pack a punch. What's interesting about them is the fact that their brains aren't much more use then paperweights, which is what gives them their name.
Jay, for gods sake shut up. I already know why your saying it and it truly is pathetic man. I've known you for what, nearly a year and a half now and you insulting me for a little green bar?

To be continued...

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM
2. Wait, people who have been assessed as gifted with an IQ over 150 by 3 different psychologists are stupid now? When did this happen?
That would explain the "D" I got in AP Algebra last year...

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:24 AM
But I'm not continuing it. It's between Flyboy and Rossmum. LOL, even though you are insulting me, it's in the most creative way. Nice job Jay, and no that isn't sarcasm. :)

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Mathematical knowledge alone does not equal intelligence.
Thats like saying strength doesn't effect how well you fight. Sure there are small people who can fight better than large people, but muscle plays a huge role. Math doesn't define you IQ, but it plays a big role.

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Jay, for gods sake shut up. I already know why your saying it and it truly is pathetic man. I've known you for what, nearly a year and a half now and you insulting me for a little green bar?
No, its for the sake of being correct at life. When your friends fuck up, you tell them they fucked up. And when they don't think they did, you GTFO.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:29 AM
No, its for the sake of being correct at life. When your friends fuck up, you tell them they fucked up. And when they don't think they did, you GTFO.
Gah, so much hostility. Why can't we all be friends?

I like pie too...strawberry pie. Mmmmm...

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Oh, boo-hoo, someone call the Waahbulance.

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 03:31 AM
And here's where you two shut the hell up so you don't shit up the public forums.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Ok, then...

Damn, now I need some pie. :woop:

SnaFuBAR
August 27th, 2007, 03:36 AM
You threw the first stone
I believe it was YOU that threw the first stone by outright attacking me and trolling.

i'm watching you http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif
you are on SnaFuhrer's undesireables list! http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:39 AM
you are on SnaFuhrer's undesireables list! http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif
Fire up the concentration camp's furnaces and get the little stars to sew on your clothing ready, It appears PolyHitler's on a hunt to destroy the noobs.
E: Oh, and make sure AnneFrank124 is with us.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I believe it was YOU that threw the first stone by outright attacking me and trolling.

i'm watching you http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif
I started the fight, it ended, then we've been going through multiple red and green lights.

Also Jay, I think he likes it, keep going. (http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9319/sassbd7.png)

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I started the fight, it ended, then we've been going through multiple red and green lights.

Also Jay, I think he likes it, keep going. (http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9319/sassbd7.png)
I wouldn't mind that, IF Ross was a girl. But he's not, and I've *Officially* switched sides.
It's the fucking internet anyway, you wouldn't know me if I lived next door, so technically, this entire war is for naught.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:44 AM
Oh noes...Snaf is everywhere
Big brother is watching us lol

For some reason my browser locks up every time I click that picture link Andrew. What do you have in there? Stupid firefox *kicks computer*

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Oh there it goes. Damn that took like 5 times to get it to work. Nice paint skills Andrew. Still can't afford Photoshop yet? lol

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Nope. :awesome:

Mass
August 27th, 2007, 04:01 AM

oh noes you are on the list.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/nate-the-great_photos/flyboy.jpg
E: When did siding with people you agree with become ass kissing?
because it looks like all of us under the dark power of logic are ass kissers.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:06 AM
oh noes you are on the list.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/nate-the-great_photos/flyboy.jpg
E: When did siding with people you agree with become ass kissing?
because it looks like all of us under the dark power of logic are ass kissers.
What's with the E?

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 04:11 AM
E means Edit.

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Oh, ok. Wow an even quicker way to say "Edit:". What will we think of next?

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Dude, why must you start it? Please, just stop. Ok? Stop.

Stop...

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Yes, exactly.
Speaking of which, this has been going on for 2 days and no sign of any mods...

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Yea, I do find that odd. But I really don't see the problem. Mods usually have to resolve things that are going on. If it's ended, there should be nothing left to do.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 04:32 AM
I must say though, that was a rather impressive argument; no doubt it'll leave the mods with hours' worth of fun.
Something we agree on then. Eh?

Jay2645
August 27th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Nah, they still have to scan every part of this thread for flaming, noobishness, disrespect (pft), and inappropriate images (Flyboy <_<).

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Ehh...it wasn't that inappropriate. I could understand if he posted something like porn, but that's not a big deal. Especially in a joking way.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 04:37 AM
What percent of the replies on this topic are argument anyway?

Gamerkd16
August 27th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Who seriously looks at that? It's so small and the link is in a profile. I never really notice them.

FlyingStone
August 27th, 2007, 06:53 AM
No updates? Looks like he was working on something else (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=3163).
And that doesn't look much better. :fail:
-F.S

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 07:18 AM
The layout however is good. I always liked the idea of an uber large city map and this does a good job at transferring it. Do some skinning tutorials and try and make the buildings less...plain. Try using cityscape as a guideline. The roads could use more detail and material in the way. It just feels to wide and open, unless you start putting some air transport in it's just too big for a warthog or ghost. This has potential for vehicles like in extinction and what not if you maybe doubled it in size. It would also work for smaller vehicles, except it would need to be twice as small. Also, don't ever ever ever ever use custom weapon tags unless their CMT's, they're the only people I have seen to take a Halo weapon, re model and design it, put it back into the game, and have it still look like a halo weapon. That goes for vehicles too.

Rosco
August 27th, 2007, 08:20 AM
What the fuck

Dr Jaul
October 4th, 2007, 11:53 AM
what i want to know is do people pay snafubar to say everyone's stuff sux? iv never seen a positive post from him about anything. (apparently he does all the helping off the forum. i dont contest that. that doesnt change the general trend of his posts)

the model its self is a bit low res. it is obviously not a final piece of work(for an experienced modeler, but everyone =! experienced modeler) . it needs better texturing, maybe some detail maps. but in game, who is really going to look at it with a magnifying glass?(anyone who posts an "I would" response gets a :fail: from me) who cares if it isnt exact? this is CUSTOM EDITION. it s supposed to be different. otherwise we might be sued for copyright infringement:XD:

EDIT: oh man lolz. i just read the straight 10+ page argument of snafu and rossmum vs flyboy and *randomstupidnameX* i gotta ask ross and snafu, do you realize that you argued for 10 straight pages with a 15 year old and some guy who probably joined this forum just so he could respond to this string? when your rep is as high as yous guys is, you dont need to defend yourselves to anyone.

Tweek
October 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
bump :<

jaul, don't fucking grave-dug old topics man. let the dead rest in fucking peace.

MNC
October 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
As soon as Snaf/Tweek posts, the general opinion is changed from nice/looks good to yeah, it's kind of meh/needs more detail. Or the more experienced modelers just always arrive late in topics.

Dr Jaul
October 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM
bump :<

jaul, don't fucking grave-dug old topics man. let the dead rest in fucking peace.

honestly the original intent was to comment on the rocket pod but when i see stupidity in its most pure form, well, i just cant help myself.
and you, my friend, should practice what you preach. there was nothing to be gained from replying to me.

Ki11a_FTW
October 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Learn to help yourself. Bumping is breaking one of the rules, i dont care what you want to post,even if what you have to say is meaningful, dont bump. As Tweek said, let the dead rest in peace

Gamerkd16
October 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Wow, even I think you should have let this die. This was what, 2 months ago?

Although I do agree with some of your points, you should just leave it alone and don't start anything. The escalation rate of conflicts is much more here than at gearbox. :P

p0lar_bear
October 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Learn to help yourself. Bumping is breaking one of the rules

Negative.

I believe I've said about one million times before that bumping or necroposting is fine IF THE POST ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES TO THE TOPIC. If someone is digging through old threads to bump them with just "bump" or "lol dongs," then that's spam and is wrong.

Posting in existing topics that are relevant to what you want to ask/say is always better than starting a new one; it keeps the filesize of the topics table in the database down.

what i want to know is do people pay snafubar to say everyone's stuff sux? iv never seen a positive post from him about anything. (apparently he does all the helping off the forum. i dont contest that. that doesnt change the general trend of his posts)

SnaF is an experienced and seasoned modeler; he goes/went to school for it. The same goes for Tweek and Rossmum, but less school in the case of Ross. They go around to test these new modelers by giving them full on criticism. If they explode and tell them to shut the fuck up because they spent hours working on some turd that they call a weapon, then it goes without saying that the person shouldn't be practicing 3D art if they can't handle the crit.

the model its self is a bit low res. it is obviously not a final piece of work(for an experienced modeler, but everyone =! experienced modeler) . it needs better texturing, maybe some detail maps. but in game, who is really going to look at it with a magnifying glass?(anyone who posts an "I would" response gets a :fail: from me) who cares if it isnt exact? this is CUSTOM EDITION. it s supposed to be different. otherwise we might be sued for copyright infringement:XD:
Custom != Crap. Getting people to make sure their work is 100% before it is released makes for more quality product and less bugs that need to be kinked out in the long run. While this is just a crappy old game and modding is is nothing more than a hobby, this is where you lay the roots of your habits. If you wish to get into game development, it's better to have habits that produce almost-flawless work that needs little redoing in future builds in a reasonable timeframe, than to crap something out in like an hour, and spend the rest of your valuable development time fixing things that you couldn't be assed to do right the first time.

Rosco
October 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
honestly the original intent was to comment on the rocket pod but when i see stupidity in its most pure form, well, i just cant help myself.
and you, my friend, should practice what you preach. there was nothing to be gained from replying to me.

I doubt there would be anything gained from bumping this topic that's older than you.

SnaFuBAR
October 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Rosco, obviously his intent was to bait Ross and I back into an argument because he's got some strange obsession or something:rolleyes:

Dr Jaul, let's put it this way. I'm right, you're wrong. FINITO.

TrU7H
October 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM
AHAHAHAHHHAHA LMFAO, FINITO, pwned and sigged.
Anywho, I thought the missile pod was nice, still waitting on an update from those guys, but ok, whatever.

Chizzle110
October 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Looks nice i hope it comes out in a map.

PenGuin1362
October 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
oh hai snaf. i has .30 cal for joo

Kalub
October 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
it's terrible.

i hath spoken

IAWTP

CodeBrain
October 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Remember that post I made about those people who were right? I should of posted this a long time ago, but this person did this:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/ShadowFireMario/omg.jpg

As what Ross said, is "ass smooching" to senior members bad? All I did was agree with them. Unbelievable.

*Note* This is not a flame, just bringing something up.

Gamerkd16
October 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Actually that is the type of thing I would do. I would "just bring something up". The people here consider that trolling/flaming or w/e you call it. Don't piss them off and don't express your opinions. It's not worth it. This topic is going nowhere and should have stayed dead months ago.

Lock it. :lock:

LlamaMaster
October 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
When I eat spicy foods I feel fine, but coming out they feel like molten lava. Seriously, my anus burns like hell when half digested jalape&#241;os start coming out. I have to sit there with a bowl of water and dip my tissue into it just relieve the burning a little. Sometimes it get to the point where I wipe so much my anus bleeds a little. Anybody recommend something to digest spicy foods better?

TeeKup
October 5th, 2007, 04:50 PM
When I eat spicy foods I feel fine, but coming out they feel like molten lava. Seriously, my anus burns like hell when half digested jalapeƱos start coming out. I have to sit there with a bowl of water and dip my tissue into it just relieve the burning a little. Sometimes it get to the point where I wipe so much my anus bleeds a little. Anybody recommend something to digest spicy foods better?

.....TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

CodeBrain
October 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
When I eat spicy foods I feel fine, but coming out they feel like molten lava. Seriously, my anus burns like hell when half digested jalapeƱos start coming out. I have to sit there with a bowl of water and dip my tissue into it just relieve the burning a little. Sometimes it get to the point where I wipe so much my anus bleeds a little. Anybody recommend something to digest spicy foods better?

LoL.

p0lar_bear
October 5th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Guys, I want to agree with Ross, but that would be ass-smooching.

:smith:

Pooky
October 5th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Hey look guys I'm posting in a dead thread despite how it's already been made clear that doing so is pointless, and my post isn't really adding anything of value.

Jay2645
October 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Hey look guys I'm posting in a dead thread despite how it's already been made clear that doing so is pointless, and my post isn't really adding anything of value.
OH SNAP SO AM I!
Small world, isn't it?

They say great minds think alike... Oh, no, wait, forget I said that, I forgot that's ass-smooching. :lol:

DaneO'Roo
October 6th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well Pooky is gay so your ass smooching is welcomed.

SnaFuBAR
October 6th, 2007, 12:59 AM
:awesome: