PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Big Halo 3 media blowout

TIA Gangsta
August 23rd, 2007, 06:15 AM
1up.com have just put out a Halo 3 blow-out over three weeks, starting today!

They have a ton of gorgeous new screenshots, and a preview of the fourth campaign level.

Check it out (http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3161338)

Zeph
August 23rd, 2007, 07:27 AM
Oh man, I'm freaking out about the skies. I've been trying to even get something to look half way as good as that. and they show up to dash my short term hopes :(.

TIA Gangsta
August 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Oh man, I'm freaking out about the skies. I've been trying to even get something to look half way as good as that. and they show up to dash my short term hopes :(.

Well yeah, Bungie have something most developers don't have - great artistic design.
That's why, in my eyes, Halo 3 visually looks better than any other game I can think of.

fatso784
August 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah it sorta pwns the Unreal Engine.

Skiiran
August 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well yeah, Bungie have something most developers don't have - great artistic design.
That's why, in my eyes, Halo 3 visually looks better than any other game I can think of.
What about BioShock?

I mean, don't get me wrong, both of them are AMAZING, but I think BioShock's art direction was almost, if not as good as Halo 3's.

Still, I don't want to turn this into an angry debate. All I can say to the screens is "OMG WANT SO HARD!!!"

EDIT: One of the pages of pictures states the following:

No, that's not Samus -- it's a Spartan sporting custom armor. Players can mix and match armor components from four different Spartan styles -- and Elites are just as customizable.
So, I don't know if I'm just repeating what was already known, but there are actually four styles of customizable armor sets.

Warsaw
August 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
The water seems to be shaping up.

TIA Gangsta
August 23rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
What about BioShock?

I mean, don't get me wrong, both of them are AMAZING, but I think BioShock's art direction was almost, if not as good as Halo 3's.

Still, I don't want to turn this into an angry debate. All I can say to the screens is "OMG WANT SO HARD!!!"

EDIT: One of the pages of pictures states the following:

So, I don't know if I'm just repeating what was already known, but there are actually four styles of customizable armor sets.

I said "most developers". And yeah, Bioshock does have great artistic design, but personally I prefer Halo's.

Elite Killa
August 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Elites look sexy.

TIA Gangsta
August 23rd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Elites look sexy.

You can say that again:

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379382&type=lg

Elite Killa
August 23rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Elites look sexy.

You did tell me to say it again...

TIA Gangsta
August 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM
You know, once I posted that and re-read it, I had a feeling you were gonna post that.
But when I thought about it again, I thought it was too obvious and lame for today's world....

Jay2645
August 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
You can say that again:

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3379382&type=lg
That again.

Anyway, makes my Last Resort look epic FAIL, which is what I've been thinking for weeks.

In other words, the screens are made of :awesome:.

ExAm
August 24th, 2007, 02:34 AM
OH GOD THE AWESOME

Hotrod
August 24th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Damn, Halo 3 looks so good. The graphics are better than I had hoped for. Let's hope that the storyline is at least twice as good as he graphics.