PDA

View Full Version : New Here

ExAm
December 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Rossmum told me this would be a good place to post my work. I'll upload a completed model in a few minutes. Hopefully I'll find fewer brats here :P

Anyways, my specialty is subdivision modeling. Everyone I've met seems to find it hard, but I don't know why. I instantly picked it up on the first day, starting with an M1A2 Abrams, which is coming along nicely, but still not finished. I am also hard at work on a Russian T-90. I currently use a Mac, but I have a PC I built with an AMD 4000+ in the other room, which refuses to work. Hopefully I'll get it working some time or another. That'll show me to build a PC with 500 dollars :\. I plan to start big, with a large scale map, of course with a lot of help. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I can guarantee it'll be of the highest quality, once it's finished.

mR_r0b0to
December 29th, 2006, 09:28 PM
lol i'm noob
i dont know what subdivision is... <.<
but if your work's awesome i'll try to learn it :]

rossmum
December 29th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, his stuff's pretty winnar.

Oh, this big map... don't overdo it. We don't need another Coldsnap >_>

mR_r0b0to
December 29th, 2006, 10:54 PM
!@#$ing awesome.
http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?p=671773#671773

nice work :leet:

Atty
December 29th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Welcome.

ExAm
December 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Whoa, I guess my email notifications aren't set. *does that*. Okay, what subdivision modeling is, is basically starting with a primitive and extruding it into what you want. This usually involves several separate parts intersecting, which, unfortunately, makes UVing hard. I can't afford any plane modeling software that runs on the Mac, so I'll stick with this for now. It's easy to work with, more or less. I also can't understand how anyone learns to plane model effectively :\

TheGhost
December 30th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the forums! :)

legionaire45
December 30th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Hi! Welcome to the Forums!

Post us some tuts please xD. Subdivisions modeling scares me.

rossmum
December 30th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Whoa, I guess my email notifications aren't set. *does that*. Okay, what subdivision modeling is, is basically starting with a primitive and extruding it into what you want. This usually involves several separate parts intersecting, which, unfortunately, makes UVing hard. I can't afford any plane modeling software that runs on the Mac, so I'll stick with this for now. It's easy to work with, more or less. I also can't understand how anyone learns to plane model effectively :\
Ask Katarn, Snaf, or Penguin. They're insane at that sort of thing.

ExAm
December 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Gah! Email notifications! I hadn't made a post so they would kick in for this topic. Anyways, why does anyone who uses a PC want a tutorial on this if they have better stuff like gmax? I guess it's easier. I'll get around to making a tutorial sooner or later.

By the way, I've declared the Abrams finished. Would anyone care to render it? Message me over AIM, or send a PM if you wish.

Limited
December 31st, 2006, 12:45 AM
hello :O

Rook
November 19th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Hello exam, I would like to extend a warm welcome and hope your posting on h2vista.net brings you great enjoyment.

Bodzilla
November 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM
rook is bad at everything.

especially life