PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Pre-release storyline discussion *possible spoilers*

Atty
August 24th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Halo 3 isn't far off now and I know we are all excited to know whats going to happen in the final chapter of this story arc. In the past few days I've seen a lot of articles and media that could possibly lead us to accurate speculation of what is going to happen in the game and I know a lot of forum members are wanting to keep themselves hidden from that information, as to not spoil the game before they play it.

Now, I ask that all speculation and discussion of confirmed or unconfirmed story line information be kept to this thread, there is no need to use spoiler tags because if you are in this thread and reading on then you should be willing to have the story line revealed to you, if you don't want to know what happens then please hit your back button and don't enter this thread again. I also ask that if you come across any media that could possibly lead towards spoilers to post it into this thread.

Thanks. :)

Neuro Guro
August 24th, 2007, 12:39 AM
-

Con
August 24th, 2007, 12:43 AM
lol, where did you get that neuro. It's win.

Botolf
August 24th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Totally random guess: Gravemind reroutes power (like Star Trek lololol) from docked Covenant ships to power a High Charity slipspace jump to Earth once he learns of the existence of the Ark. The Flood would have absorbed Mercy during the weeks of MC's stay on the ship, and Mercy was there with Truth when they questioned 343 Guilty Spark on all things Halo, he could have told both of them of the existence of the Ark, like he did at the end of Halo 2. Oh, and I'm guessing Truth figured out Halo's real purpose and the Ark's supposed protection after meeting GS, and attempted to flee to the Ark for protection from the activation.

DaneO'Roo
August 24th, 2007, 01:15 AM
^ sounds like someones right kthx

Atty
August 24th, 2007, 01:57 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1169/1223869865_7c3544b301_o.gif

Look at them evade that hog. O.O

Botolf
August 24th, 2007, 03:08 PM
That Brute pivoted to safety :awesome:

Boba
August 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
What was the thing that flew out into the grass at the beginning of the video?

TeeKup
August 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I think it was a jackal that got nailed by a battle rifle.

FireDragon04
August 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1169/1223869865_7c3544b301_o.gif

Look at them evade that hog. O.O

Thats like :awesome: If that happens gotta save the saved film and slow mo that...looks like matrix i sware...BRUTES HAVE MOVES! :eek:

Ok so as this is like story line discussion, i have my own personal theroy which will no doubt be shot down, but here goes....it's pretty legthy.

So, I guess alot of guys here have read 'The Ghosts of Onyx' yea? And the sheild world stuff? Well i believe that either the Ark is it's own Personal Sheild World or has an Enterence to one within. And when the forerunners orgianlly activated Halo, they killed all sentient life, including Humans (Or Pre-Humans) on earth at that time. And they repopulated earth with the current homo-sapien life forms...etc

Evidence you all scream? Well, one peice is that Humans can only activate the Halo Rings out of the races currently in this story arc (and are still around) and also the Monitors call human kind "Reclaimers" (Not just the Master Chief, as 343 called Miranda it also). Anyway, Reclaimer makes me think, they are reclaiming something? As in Humans are now reclaiming there past...

Okay, yes you can all shoot me down with you proof that Humans are Not forerunners now if you wish.
BUT! On Halo 1's level The Maw
343 GS Says:
You can't imagine how exciting this is! To have a record of all of our lost time! Human history, is it? Fascinating.
Just a little something to ponder over ;)

My second theroy is one me and my friend have being brainstorming about, i was replaying Halo 1's campaign and on Two Betralys,
343 says:
Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?
Then continues to say:
Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed.
And finishes off with:
There is no choice. We must activate the ring.
So, this could meen a number of things, my first thought is time travel (yes a little far fetched i know) but in the Ark or some other Forerunner thing in Halo 3 we will see the Master Chief go back in time and Activate the Halo's.
Not much proof or evidence unfortunatly, but it sounds good...lol.
If it's not time travel, and if the Halo's where activated from the Ark origanlly then 343 Must have been their? Now i think Halo 3 - Loop Paradox. But who knows.

Oh, and to kind of fit in with the above theory, i think maybe the Dreadnaught (Forerunner Ship from High Charity) is required somehow for access or something to do with the Ark. If anyone has seen some of the New Halo 3 footage (Here (http://gamersyde.com/news_4868_en.html)) The Replay footage one (Saved films) has a section right at the begining with some Interesting audio, but more importantly the player looks staight out to the Ark (you can see Covenant crusiers digging away) But most importantly, the Forerunner Ship set right in the middle of the Ark

One final idea, is how i think Halo 3 will begin, I think after the Master Chief has been captured by Covenant Forces (Halo Uprising) he will then escape some how, as the ship is through our atmosphere and he will crash into a Jungle (Thus leading us onto the first level, Sierra 117)
Oh and on one last note for anyone who hasn't relised 'Sierra 117' is talking about the Master Chief (He gets called it right at the begining of Halo Uprising #1) Guess it's to hide that there radio'ing a Spartan.

Atty
August 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.thefinalfight.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1527

Hornet, Gravity hammer, Halo 3 SP footage, and a Cinematic. :awesome:

TIA Gangsta
August 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
http://www.thefinalfight.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1527

Hornet, Gravity hammer, Halo 3 SP footage, and a Cinematic. :awesome:

I posted this earlier in the "Official Halo 3 videos" thread.

Atty
August 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
And it reveals critical parts of the Story Line you stupid git, good job.

TIA Gangsta
August 25th, 2007, 04:05 PM
And it reveals critical parts of the Story Line you stupid git, good job.

Wtf....

1.) If you think it reveals "critical parts of the story line", then why did you post the link?

2.) It doesn't reveal anything "critical" about the storyline from what I've heard. And besides, just like any other spoiler, people can watch at their own risk.

Atty
August 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
This thread is for those videos that reveal story line bits and pieces to further our understanding of the story line and prompt further discussion. This thread is off limits to whoever does not want to know the story line but for us who do and would like to discuss it, we can come into this thread and do so. We keep all spoilers off the forums and away from those who won't want to know what happens. The same holds true with videos like the one I posted, we can watch them if we please and if you post them all over the forum somewhere sometime someone will view it that didn't want too because there was no warning, by keeping it all to one thread we stop that from happening. If you come into your thread and get a spoiler that is your own damn fault, you were warned, if you click a link on the forum its not necessarily your fault because no warning could have been put in place

TIA Gangsta
August 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah ok ok I got that already, but this really doesn't "further your understanding of the storyline"....It's just a cutscene from the game and nothing more. No storyline clues or hints even.
Therefore, it isn't really considered a spoiler.

Atty
August 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM
"They fully uncovered the ark."

Yeah, doesn't give anything away. :rolleyes:

TIA Gangsta
August 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
"They fully uncovered the ark."

Yeah, doesn't give anything away. :rolleyes:

Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we find out that "they fully uncovered the ark" in the E3 06 trailer?

How exactly do you interpret that phrase? Cos I'm thinking others may put a different meaning into their heads for that phrase. Personally it says to me that they found the ark under the ground, which would then lead to them opening the ark (i.e. E3 06 trailer). I doubt the ark would be left there totally exposed with nothing covering it, so they would have to "uncover" the ark wouldn't they?
"Fully uncovering" it would be considered fully remove anything that may be on top of it and restraining it from being "opened" (or whatever the proper term Bungie make is).

Ok, so to me it isn't a spoiler, as it's simply saying they've found the ark and have prepared it for use (or whatever they do with it) - which we've known since seeing the E3 06 trailer.

Not sure how you interpret it, but it really doesn't sound like a spoiler to me.

Roostervier
August 25th, 2007, 05:46 PM
It hasn't been known officially since E3 06. I don't remember it being said, officially, that that was the Ark. If it was, please show me where, but I certainly don't remember it.

Masterz1337
August 25th, 2007, 07:16 PM
It's been known thats the ark since the concept art for it in H2 said Earth Ark, and looked exactly the same.

Botolf
August 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
... And the HGN had Covenant saying the Ark was buried at New Mombassa. It's been pretty much been assumed by everyone it was there, hasn't it (Especially after E3 2006)?

TeeKup
August 25th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I changed my mind. I want my own Hornet. NOW.

Dole
August 27th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I was just browsing around on HBO and I found something...

For anyone who remembers that guy Jean Guillemette who made the SPI scene, I just found the Chrysopteron Forerunner decal easter-egg'd in his work, and this was published a while before anything involving the Iris ARG fiasco. Is he involved with Bungie in some capacity, and more importantly... are Spartan III's involved with Halo 3? I checked again and found these were released a few days after Adjutant Reflex started posting on Bungie.

Regardless, here's a pic (decal on the Pistol slide):
http://features-temp.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/13084/13084_1183588909_large.jpg

And here's another (decal near the butt of MA5K):
http://nikon.bungie.org/images/SpartanIII_final.jpg

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Surely Bungie are gonna have to include the MA5K...It's the only weapon that we've heard of that isn't in Halo 3 (so far).

Terry
August 28th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Isn't that just a battle rifle though? o.O

TIA Gangsta
August 29th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Isn't that just a battle rifle though? o.O

Well if Bungie made a whole new human weapon, it's probably because it's different from the rest.

JDMFSeanP
August 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah the Ma5K is a BR variant, and honestly who would we need another automatic weapon? We have an SMG and an AR already for humans.

Flyboy
August 30th, 2007, 09:33 PM
If you've played the CMT mods, you'll see why we need an Ma5k =).

TeeKup
August 31st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah the Ma5K is a BR variant, and honestly who would we need another automatic weapon? We have an SMG and an AR already for humans.

Wrong. The MA5K is stripped down version of the MA5B.

Flyboy
September 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Stripped down and improved.

Ki11a_FTW
September 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
If you've played the CMT mods, you'll see why we need an Ma5k =).

CMT has to many automatic human weapons, needs more cov

Flyboy
September 3rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
It can be used as a semi automatic weapon, which is what I use it for.

TPBlinD
September 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I think that The Master Chief returns to Instalation 005 (Another Halo) To activate the rings systems to wipe out the Flood and Covenant on Earth. All of Earths population (Including the Elites who are now on the Humans side) go into the Ark. The one place that the Halo rings will not effect. It's called a "Dysons Sphere" or something.

Anyway, Chief activates the rings. All life outside of the Ark (Including the Chief) die. Earth grows to it's former glory prior the war. And the Chief is given a heros funeral.

Mr Buckshot
September 15th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Master Chief wins the war and saves humanity. He decides that Cortana is just so hot that he asks the scientists to invent a way to give her a human body. Then the Arbiter thinks she's hot too and wants her for himself. The two fight over her and Master Chief wins and then copulates with Cortana 24/7. The end.

Abdurahman
September 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Master Chief wins the war and saves humanity. He decides that Cortana is just so hot that he asks the scientists to invent a way to give her a human body. Then the Arbiter thinks she's hot too and wants her for himself. The two fight over her and Master Chief wins and then copulates with Cortana 24/7. The end.

Won't happen MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Didn't Dr. Halsey say that the spartan augmentations would decrease their sex drive, thereby rendering them not interested in sex anymore? I think it was in Fall Of Reach. Owell, too bad for the MC.:haw: