PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] ExuS :: The Laid Back Tage

xExus
August 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2599/image1aw6.jpg

Here's my first Halo 2 Vista montage. It's made in a laid back style that contains mostly nice snipes and sticks. Enjoy. ;)

Mythica:
http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/ExuS__The_Laid_Back_Tage.wmv.html
Youtube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dmjC3jcGdrI

Edited by me with footage from 3 weeks and filmed with a unregistred version of fraps.Recorded
with half-size.And the third person mod is coming from www.halomaps.org (http://www.halomaps.org).
I would recommend you to download it from Mythica since quality is so bad on youtube and it's not worth watching then.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM
<3 Linkin Park. Watching it now

Edit: Damn, you stick LOADS of people nice work, good montage. Does your gamertag show how many people you've stuck? If so you got link?

xExus
August 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know if http://halo2.junk.ws/ registers Windows Live gamertags..
gimme a minute and I'll find out.

Edit: Nope, it says they're not accepting any more members. :(
Does anybody else know another site you can check out your stats?

Fragarach 87
August 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I don't know if http://halo2.junk.ws/ registers Windows Live gamertags..
gimme a minute and I'll find out.

Edit: Nope, it says they're not accepting any more members. :(
Does anybody else know another site you can check out your stats?
As far as I know Halo 2 PC does not have stats tracking. If your thinking Xbox stats go to http://www.bungie.net/stats

Trinx
August 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Here's a good guideline as to why any montage for Halo 2 or Halo 2 Vista is bad:

Massive Autoaim
Melee Lunging
Takes no skill.

Also, using any kind of modification (that gives some kind of advantage, a custom skinned weapon does not fall into this) just seems to be noobish, as well as pure pub footage. It's nothing impressive anymore.
Decent editing, and the music was tolerable although.
I'd say about a 3/10.

Teh Ganon
August 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
The montage was nice. However for a few clips where you missed too many times or you shot and didnt kill/someone else shot them and killed them.

xExus
August 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Here's a good guideline as to why any montage for Halo 2 or Halo 2 Vista is bad:

Massive Autoaim
Melee Lunging
Takes no skill.

I though there was no auto-aim in H2V :/
And montages are for entertainment, NOT to show how skilled u are.

Skyline
August 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I don't know any other game that has melee in it :x. If you ever tried meleeing your team it's close to impossible. If there was no lunging it would be like halo 1 where meleeing is just useless.

Also: You didn't give credit for the 3p hack ;O.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Massive Autoaim
Melee Lunging
Takes no skill.

Also, using any kind of modification (that gives some kind of advantage, a custom skinned weapon does not fall into this) just seems to be noobish, as well as pure pub footage. It's nothing impressive anymore.
I'd say about a 3/10.
Halo 2 has very little auto aim for mouse and keyboard, however for controller its insane. Now if everyone has auto aim, isnt that the same level playing field? Trinx, did you even watch his video?

xExus
August 25th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Also: You didn't give credit for the 3p hack ;O.

Hah, oh damn, your right ; )

wannabeapilot
August 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
i liked it ,nice editing and good gameplay :)

Trinx
August 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Uh, if I didn't, would I be posting? No, I wouldn't. It's pretty bad if the autoaim is very noticable when you're playing.
Here's a thought: Better skills, better kills, better entertainment.
I like how everyone tries to avoid criticism in some way. If you don't want it, don't post it.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Uh, if I didn't, would I be posting? No, I wouldn't. It's pretty bad if the autoaim is very noticable when you're playing.
I like how everyone tries to avoid criticism in some way. If you don't want it, don't post it.He had more nade kills than shooting kills. Therefore how did autoaim ruin his montage? Theres no auto aim for nades, theres no magnetism for nades.

Also that wasnt criticism, you said ANY montage for halo 2 is bad. Your not even giving it a chance.

Trinx
August 25th, 2007, 02:56 PM
I'd say about a 3/10.

Did you not notice that after it or something? Although, I admit it was a bit lacking in detail. Pub footage, added in with all the things that make Halo 2 a skill-less game just make it a bad montage.

Oh yeah, and I forgot huge hitboxes.
If I didn't give it a chance, I wouldn't have bothered to watch it in the first place.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM
He used 3person, for like 5 seconds, chill out. The rest of it was him just playing halo 2, no hacks or anything. Also right now Halo 2 is pretty much only PUB servers, there isnt even that maybe pub servers. Hitboxes are pretty big yeah I'll give you that. Doesnt mean the game is easy though.

Con
August 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I like how everyone tries to avoid criticism in some way. If you don't want it, don't post it.
He's not avoiding it, in fact he's getting lots of nice comments and you're the only one bitching. If halo 2 doesn't take any skill, then why can't I make amazing sticks and kills like that? BECAUSE I SUCK AND I LIKE TO WATCH AN ENTERTAINING MONTAGE BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T. There goes your no skill theory. Even with a controller, he was very skillful at it. Also, what's this bullshit that the 3rd Person isn't anything special and "noobish." xExus will player however the fuck he damn well pleases, that aspect wasn't meant to be anything special. Stop bitching, we're not all elitists like you.

xExus
August 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
@Trinx:Hey, I like all criticism. Good or bad. So I have to thank you for sayin my montage is bad, but most of all; ur sayin WHY it's bad.

For example, the last snipeclip on lockout. I know that one's crazy. And there's another one on lockout when I first turn around and noscopes the guy behind me then I'm doing a fat-ass SWEEP for the double. I think u can actually see the beamrifle-shot HIT the wall behind him. So yeah, I see your point ;)

But you have admit that the sticks are pure skill, right? ; P

Trinx
August 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM
He's not avoiding it, in fact he's getting lots of nice comments and you're the only one bitching.
Yawn.

If halo 2 doesn't take any skill, then why can't I make amazing sticks and kills like that? BECAUSE I SUCK AND I LIKE TO WATCH AN ENTERTAINING MONTAGE BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T.

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have said 'it takes a little time to get to the point where you're at the same skill level as the 'pros''. Little time of course is anywhere from a week to three.

There goes your no skill theory. Even with a controller, he was very skillful at it.
That just makes it worse.

Also, what's this bullshit that the 3rd Person isn't anything special and "noobish." xExus will player however the fuck he damn well pleases, that aspect wasn't meant to be anything special.
I'm sure using an external application to extend the view sideways and behind of you is not noobish at all.

Stop bitching, we're not all elitists like you.
So apparently the new definition of elitist is someone that points out where something takes no effort at all. Anything else?

EDIT:
Lemme just sum up why I have the attitude I do here, after a talk with Conny.
To me, you guys come off as these people who think they're 'invulnerable' to gameplay criticism.
And you guys probably think I come off as one of these bigshot snobby Halo competitive players, aka one of 'those' guys, but I know I'm not the best, and not even close. I'm just an average KW (dead now, and joke league) and HPT player.
Now, this is not intended from me, as I'm all for being helpful and generally happy.
After the little 'episode' in the Church thread, with Dano and the people that supported him, I got that impression even more and my posts generally started to come off all the time as they did from me in that thread.
I only want for this type of criticism to become common place, so more maps (and, evidently, montages) with well placed gameplay will come out from the community.

@ xExus: Wow, thank you. Someone who doesn't have a hissy fit. The sticks were decent, probably the only thing I like about Halo 2 montages.

Limited
August 25th, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'm sure using an external application to extend the view sideways and behind of you is not noobish at all.He used it like for 2 small clips, get over it, also it doesnt see behind you, because by the time they are they close, your screwed all ready.

This is a montage, not a klan wars video you twit, its just for a laugh, which is what gaming should be all about, you dont have to be the best to have fun.

Trinx
August 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM
He used it like for 2 small clips, get over it, also it doesnt see behind you, because by the time they are they close, your screwed all ready.

This is a montage, not a klan wars video you twit, its just for a laugh, which is what gaming should be all about, you dont have to be the best to have fun.

1) It doesn't matter how much he used it.
2) Ever heard of extending the FoV?
3) He already said the criticism was fine.
4) I know it isn't a klanwars video. KW is a joke anyways.
5) How can you get a laugh from a montage showing kills? :eyesroll:
6) I don't think you're in any position to call anyone a twit.
7) (you don't have to be the best to have fun)Okay, this is already common knowledge to me. Also, more talk trying to make excuses for why he shouldn't push himself harder.
8) Read my edit.

Enigma
August 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Umm.... 1:14 did you even kill anyone and the editing was ok.... 3/5 (2 because of the editing)

Skyline
August 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM
1) It doesn't matter how much he used it.
2) Ever heard of extending the FoV?
3) He already said the criticism was fine.
4) I know it isn't a klanwars video. KW is a joke anyways.
5) How can you get a laugh from a montage showing kills? :eyesroll:
6) I don't think you're in any position to call anyone a twit.
7) (you don't have to be the best to have fun)Okay, this is already common knowledge to me. Also, more talk trying to make excuses for why he shouldn't push himself harder.
8) Read my edit.
1) Yes it does; he got 2 kills in 3p. There are disadvantages. So what you see behind you, the target infront of you is smaller.
2)You can increase the ammount you see (almost like fov) by using a widescreen.

xExus
August 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Whoa, I think you two need to calm down.
I think I have to make some things clearer.

1. This video was NOT meant to be serious at all.
2. I tried to make the editing as easy as I could; no extra ordinary FX since that would ruin the laid back style.
3. The point of laid back: nice single kills with kind of calm music. The editing should be nothing special and the video should more be focused on the non-serious gameplay. So I don't care what you think about the editing.

So, If you prefers me getting killtacs over and over on midship that would be another time. This time I focused on the things I probably likes the most with halo.

Enigma: Yes, I stuck the guy. It was just lag that I didn't get the medal.

Sniperwarlord
August 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
If there was no lunging it would be like halo 1 where meleeing is just useless.

You don't know B,L,B on h1 do you. It kills your foe in almost 2 hits.

Try it, it's fun!

BTW your video was great. I loved the music, don't listen to those critics.

Whenever people see Great skill on halo and the person makes a video for fun, others always complement them on what a great job it was.
BUT
Whenever people see moderate skill on halo and the person makes the video for fun, (some) other(s) always criticize on how its not as good as someone else. So the jackasses end up rating the video, or as i see it comparing it to others, or by there own scale.

jngrow
August 27th, 2007, 03:17 PM
^OMG FIRST POST GTFO.^

jk jk, welcome to the forums :P.

Sniperwarlord
August 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM
At least i didn't spam on my first post like a lot of people do when they are new to a forum. I jumped right into conversation.

jk jk, welcome to the forums :P.

Thanks