PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3: How Microsoft Labs Invented a New Science of Play

Stealth
August 26th, 2007, 01:24 AM
http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/15-09/ff_halo
I got a copy of that issue sitting on my desk right now, I've read it when I was down in Richfild Utah acting as a poll bear for my dead grandmother (don't ask in topic) and it was very cool to learn how Bungie has been working on Halo 3 and making it just right for every one.

et_cg
August 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Too bad our government in America isn't like that.

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Wow, long article. I'll read it in the morning when I don't need to tape my eyes open.

ExAm
August 26th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I got that in my issue. Awesome stuff. Bungie is really pouring all they've got into this one. This will definitely make up for the pile of epic failure that Halo 2 was.

NullZero
August 26th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Very, very interesting to read! Thanks for sharing :D

Flyboy
August 26th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I got that in my issue. Awesome stuff. Bungie is really pouring all they've got into this one. This will definitely make up for the pile of epic failure that Halo 2 was.
Bungie scored on the multiplayer in Halo 2, so the game wasn't an epic fail, just not up to par with the original. However, bungie seams to be going back to Halo 1's roots. A simple yet good story with open environments, characters and weapons coupled with a great multiplayer. Halo 2 was all about MP, Halo 3, it's the other way around.

TIA Gangsta
August 26th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Damn, they're really going all out for this game. I have seriously high hopes for this game, and at the moment I highly doubt it'll let me down.
Can't wait!

Warsaw
August 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well, I wouldn't say simple story, but it is easy to follow.

Halo 2's success rate all depends on who you ask. Some will say it is the best game ever, others will say it was a total bungle.

Halo 3 is looking good so far :).

ExAm
August 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Bungie scored on the multiplayer in Halo 2, so the game wasn't an epic fail, just not up to par with the original. However, bungie seams to be going back to Halo 1's ruts. A simple yet good story with open environments, characters and weapons coupled with a great multiplayer. Halo 2 was all about MP, Halo 3, it's the other way around.Only because it was the first online game to get XBL play right. Now that others are out, it's clear to me how poorly designed Halo 2's multiplayer really is. It blows, tbh.

Veegie
August 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Only because it was the first online game to get XBL play right. Now that others are out, it's clear to me how poorly designed Halo 2's multiplayer really is. It blows, tbh.
Halo 2's netcode and multiplayer experience(party system etc.) is award-winning. It has set standards for other games to meet, as other publishers have stated numerous times.
Sounds like you had a bad personal-experience.

ExAm
August 27th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I just don't like it. The way in which halo 2's dual wielding changes gameplay just isn't good to me, plus the abundance of exploits and glitches. Halo 3's dual wielding has something more, but I can't quite pin it down. It just works. Anyway, that's my opinion, and those who gave the awards have their opinions.

Flyboy
August 27th, 2007, 03:29 AM
They weaken weapon strength when duel wielding. In halo 2 if you fired two SMG's at your enemy, it was basically just a fucking wall of led. In Halo 3, it's still a wall of lead, just with less punch.