PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Guardian footage

Botolf
August 27th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Flamethrower, Incendiary grenade = :awesome:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14276

Edit: Part one's on the related videos list to the right side, damn site won't gimme a link to it.

DaneO'Roo
August 27th, 2007, 05:07 AM
why the fuck did the video load to like 2 percent then stop?

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 05:55 AM
It gives you the URL right to the left of the rating.

Terry
August 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Why the hell where they cheering at every weapon...?

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Lol, yeah at first I thought it was fake cheers like in those dodgy gameshows, but then I realised it was actually real people watching and cheering.
They're acting like they've never seen Halo 3 before.

JDMFSeanP
August 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM
They were cheering becuase this was live at PAX for the omegathon finale, so any weapon that gave someone a lead made them cheer.

This was epic to see live, there were like 3,000 people in the room, it took up a whole exhibition hall just for a theater.

Most of them probably haven't seen halo 3 before.

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 02:47 PM
omegathon? What's that? Frankie and Luke were playing, so it can't be some important/official competition. Plus you can tell it wasn't the final of something huge, cos they both sucked.
And they cheered at every weapon that was picked up.

Botolf
August 27th, 2007, 03:38 PM
It gives you the URL right to the left of the rating.

I don't know how to describe it accurately, but if I was to copy the link it gave me, I'd have a useless Javascript command, so I'm guessing they don't load a new page for every video or something, they just reload it through the media player on the page you have currently. I think? :embarrassed:

I found all the cheering amusing, made it seem as if it was a StarCraft tournament in South Korea or something :lol:

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know how to describe it accurately, but if I was to copy the link it gave me, I'd have a useless Javascript command, so I'm guessing they don't load a new page for every video or something, they just reload it through the media player on the page you have currently. I think? :embarrassed:

I found all the cheering amusing, made it seem as if it was a StarCraft tournament in South Korea or something :lol:

Erm...you're looking at something different. The exact URL to the video is right beside the rating of the video. It's in a white box, just click it and it'll auto-highlight itself so you can just right click and copy.
It's a proper "www.gamevideos.com/video....", no javascript.

Bastinka
August 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Who knows? :eyesroll:

ExAm
August 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Here's one on the Narrows:

Fuel rod gun rounds bounce at close range :awesome:
nZykc4_h3FM

EDIT:
better quality (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24148.html?type=)

EDIT:
Flamethrower, mauler, gravity hammer, etc. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24150.html)

Botolf
August 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Erm...you're looking at something different. The exact URL to the video is right beside the rating of the video. It's in a white box, just click it and it'll auto-highlight itself so you can just right click and copy.
It's a proper "www.gamevideos.com/video....", no javascript.
Ah, I fail then. :embarrassed:

Haha, I wasn't expecting Narrows to have a Mongoose spawn on it :p

TIA Gangsta
August 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Hmm...Mongoose...conveniently facing right at a Mancannon? Sounds like a plan.

Botolf
August 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hmm...Mongoose...conveniently facing right at a Mancannon? Sounds like a plan.
Epic splatters anyone? :XD:

Elite Killa
August 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM
It would be cool on Narrows if there's a rocket guy on the back of your mongoose, you go on the man-cannon, and then another mongoose goes up the cannon and your rocket trooper on the back kills the enemy ATV in one shot. Talk about epic.

JDMFSeanP
August 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM
omegathon? What's that? Frankie and Luke were playing, so it can't be some important/official competition. Plus you can tell it wasn't the final of something huge, cos they both sucked.
And they cheered at every weapon that was picked up.

Wow way to jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

Omegathon is a HUGE event at PAX where people compete in games from NES to Next-gen to see who is the best at everything. These are randomly chosen people, not pros.

Frankie and Luke are the profiles, but that doesn't mean they are playing. Its just off of DEV kitted Xbox's and they didn't want to make new profiles.

It was the finals, I'm just sorry to say not everyone in the world is a halo nerd.

People cheered for weapons one, cheering there side on, and two, most people have never seen most of them before.

These are also custom made maps in forge, so the weapon and vehicles placements (mongoose) are added there intentionally, and aren't usually there.

Limited
August 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hell if I was there I'd be cheering and shouting too. :D Cool stuff.

JDMFSeanP
August 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Hell if I was there I'd be cheering and shouting too. :D Cool stuff.

Amen, its just an environment where it happens.

Con
August 27th, 2007, 09:03 PM

might have been put in with forge.

FRG needs more arcing shot.

Botolf
August 27th, 2007, 09:23 PM
might have been put in with forge.
Ya, probably, vehicles on a map like that... just a little weird.

JDMFSeanP
August 27th, 2007, 09:52 PM
These are also custom made maps in forge, so the weapon and vehicles placements (mongoose) are added there intentionally, and aren't usually there.

>_>

Neuro Guro
August 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM
-

Con
August 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I came.

Its everywhere.

How am I going to explain this to my mom?

She's seen you do it before, she'll understand ;D

OmegaDragon
August 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM
The first video looked like a monkey was handling the camera :|

So much moving of the screen I couldn't make out the sexiness of the new flamer and its grilling abilities.

Con
August 28th, 2007, 12:07 AM
^. People have issues with holding a camera and jigging it during the good parts. IDGI.

Archon23
August 28th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Hmm the flamer does look a hella lot better when its actually in motion.

FRain
August 28th, 2007, 12:59 AM
SL crosshair changed. The old one was good.

JDMFSeanP
August 28th, 2007, 03:08 AM
They made it harder to use.

StankBacon
August 28th, 2007, 03:48 AM
i really hate the spiker.

everything else looks great tho.

TIA Gangsta
August 28th, 2007, 04:48 AM
It would be cool on Narrows if there's a rocket guy on the back of your mongoose, you go on the man-cannon, and then another mongoose goes up the cannon and your rocket trooper on the back kills the enemy ATV in one shot. Talk about epic.

More like epic save film.

Random
August 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM
She's seen you do it before, she'll understand ;D

Con, that was your mom ... ;D

Jay2645
August 29th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Except you're doomed, because now you have a flaming chunk of debris headed straight towards you, and you're over a really deep chasm. Let's just say I would hop out before the 2 things hit each other, and hope I land on the bridge.

Terry
August 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
It'll most likely blow away from you though.

Con
August 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
oh, he must be my bro. koo

Patrickssj6
August 30th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Momma jokes?

Your mom is like my career...I had to put much into it.

Ontopic:

What are Guardians again? I'm not really good at remembering stuff. :D

ExAm
August 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Momma jokes?

Your mom is like my career...I had to put much into it.

Ontopic:

What are Guardians again? I'm not really good at remembering stuff. :DThey're the game's excuse for when it can't explain just how you died.