PDA

View Full Version : stunning vehicles

ICEE
August 28th, 2007, 06:05 PM
ive been trying to figure out a way to stop a vehicle in its tracks with a damage effect. it seems to me, that stun doesnt effect vehicles, so with that im kind of stumped. does anyone else know a way to stop/slow a moving, player operated vehicle (without hitting the brakes lol)

Con
August 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I don't think it's possible.

Gamerkd16
August 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Create a weapon that spawns brick walls. :lol:

ICEE
August 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
dammit. ok thanks

Archon23
August 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Let me guess.......Halo 3 Plasma Pistol?

ICEE
August 28th, 2007, 07:26 PM
yeah i was leaning towards that. i already plan on reanimating a normal one, reskinning it too so itll look like the h3... but hell. actually im damn sure ive just thunked up a way but it would require a LOT of work and possibly nonsync

Gamerkd16
August 28th, 2007, 07:45 PM
The H3 Plasma Pistol can stop vehicles?

CtrlAltDestroy
August 28th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, the warthog and the mongoose, I'm 100% sure that it will. All the others... I dunno.

ICEE
August 28th, 2007, 10:11 PM
it would kind of suck if it didnt stop a ghost/banshee/wraith/scorpion. i mean thats basically its primary function now, since its homing is reduced

Jay2645
August 28th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I prefer to stop my Ghosts so I can board them BEFORE they splatter me, thanks.

Boba
August 28th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, the warthog and the mongoose, I'm 100% sure that it will. All the others... I dunno.
It usually deactivates the gravity propulsion drive on any hovering vehicles, and shoots the motor on human vehicles.

Mass
August 28th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I don't know, is there a way to use a weapon to force a command on someone?
E:That wasn't very clear, is there a way to make a player walk, shoot, jump remotely through halo?"
other wise you could just make it spawn a double sided bubble for half a second, maybe?

Mass
August 29th, 2007, 01:27 AM
could you script it to make the vehicle put it's breaks on for a certain time?
thats what I'm, thinkin.

It'd be cool if you could make the person get out when it hit them, but make sure it wasn't a starting weapon. :D

I think a stun effect is questionable because while I'm running people over with a warthog is where I suffer the most lag already.

Jay2645
August 29th, 2007, 02:20 AM
No, I'm sorry, I've just checked every line of the hs_doc, and there is nothing in there that would force someone to press the jump button, even outside of vehicles.
You CAN make AI do it, but that would disable the multiplayer aspect of the thing. And until Zteam releases the scripts, it ain't gonna happen in the standard campaign.

Jay2645
August 29th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Lol, nothing to reverse or jump for people, just AI.
I can, however, force them to crouch... I think.

Jay2645
August 29th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Lol, yeah, making them honk their horn really keeps them from killing you.
Though I have made AI that honk their horn when driving a hog (like a retard) and approaching someone.
Problem is, in a Hog, they don't know which team they're on, which equals DEATH TO THEM ALL, apparently. I've had 2 rocket hogs loaded with Humans try to kill each other before one blew both of them up with a badly timed missile.