PDA

View Full Version : Sapien error on the 7950gt... :(

Kalub
August 29th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Alright so I opened up Sapien for the first time today, in six or so months, and uhh, its broken. In the game window it just displays a blank black screen.

Recently I upgraded from a ATI9200 to a nVidia 7950gt, that could be the problem but I'm not sure. All of the drivers are up to date, or were last week when I tried a demo for Bioshock. I also made sure to set the affinity of my dual core processor to a single core, so I'm positive that isn't the problem.

So how do I fix it? Any help/tips are appreciated. :confused:

Patrickssj6
August 29th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Debug.txt?Anything?

/hf rewrote bluearrow

Kalub
August 29th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Nope, everything loads fine. The only problem is the Game window is completely black, and its not frozen because the coords still move around ith my mouse.

Teh Ganon
August 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
How about clearing the registry?

BobtheGreatII
August 29th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think someone needs to run radiosity? Or add a sky to the BSP...

Bastinka
August 29th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Sapien has something to do with registry? Never knew :|

Anyway, even though your positive it isn't the Dual/single core processor(s), try changing the thing, forget what its called, to make sapien like dual core or whatever.

Kalub
August 31st, 2007, 01:03 AM
Sapien has something to do with registry? Never knew :|

Anyway, even though your positive it isn't the Dual/single core processor(s), try changing the thing, forget what its called, to make sapien like dual core or whatever.

Alright so I opened up Sapien for the first time today, in six or so months, and uhh, its broken. In the game window it just displays a blank black screen.

Recently I upgraded from a ATI9200 to a nVidia 7950gt, that could be the problem but I'm not sure. All of the drivers are up to date, or were last week when I tried a demo for Bioshock. I also made sure to set the affinity of my dual core processor to a single core, so I'm positive that isn't the problem.

So how do I fix it? Any help/tips are appreciated. :confused:

I think someone needs to run radiosity? Or add a sky to the BSP...

No, I don't. I've been around halo CE editing long enough to do basic troubleshooting to fix my problems. Hence the topic title.

Which key, there are quite a few of them fyi. :|