PDA

View Full Version : Flag Properties On Cape?

Superman
September 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM
I am doing a Superman mod for CE and i have the biped and hes rigged. The only problem is that when hes animated the cape sticks to him. And i dont think you can rig his cape, so does anyone know how to give the cape flag properties ingame:confused2:

Patrickssj6
September 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM
It has to do with point_physics I think...funny no one ever motioned anything about them,.

Rob Oplawar
September 1st, 2007, 11:22 AM
You know, it's funny, I never thought of that, but come to think of it that's a good idea. I have no idea how to do it, but it seems like you should be able to do it- my suggestion is to look closely at the flag tags and see if you can figure out what it is that gives the flag its waveyness.

OmegaDragon
September 1st, 2007, 11:50 AM
But doesn't the flag get like really long when it moves at high speeds?

CtrlAltDestroy
September 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
Not if you edit the elasticity settings.

Superman
September 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM
so this is possible, i wasnt sure, i'll see if i can come up with something

AAA
September 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
so this is possible, i wasnt sure, i'll see if i can come up with something

quick question for Superman....You're not going to put AIs in the map like that one dude did with his superman mod, are you? Those AI's ruined my fun and lagged me all the the way to 1 fps (not kidding). D:

Superman
September 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
wow, 1 fps! damn! No, there wont be any AIs. What superman mod are you talking about?

PenGuin1362
September 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
you can rig the cape by the way but i dunno how that would come out

Superman
September 2nd, 2007, 10:14 AM
How would i do that? i have no idea how...

By they way Arbiter, +rep ;-)

_TheArbiter_
September 2nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
mb u could rig the cape by other bones that come wih bipeds like "ponytail" or any other...but i dont know if halo likes that

Con
September 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Didn't someone attach a flag to their biped a long time ago at GBX?

Bad Waffle
September 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Fugitive.

Superman
September 2nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Yea, i contacted him, but he forgot how he did it...

legionaire45
September 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Not positive here, but could you make it a widget? I remember seeing a working (bouncy) antenna on an earlier version of master chief....

_TheArbiter_
September 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
lol yeah i reneber that......even the ARs had a wooden finish and much other wierd things lol

p0lar_bear
September 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
You need to make two markers on your biped model, where the flag will connect to the biped. Then you need to make .flag and .point_physics tags.

Not many have really messed with flags (past bitmaps) or point physics. All I can suggest is copy the flag's settings, and then use it as a template. Mess with things until it gets to the point that you want it.

Patrickssj6
September 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
This topic is somehow going nowhere...the first reply already stated that you can use point_physics to make it animate. Now take the challenge as a modder and try to combine your knowledge and mess around.

For instance, make the cape something like a flag and attach it too your model. :)

Superman
September 4th, 2007, 09:58 AM
thanks guys, this helped.